PDA

View Full Version : Panthers 7 round mock for all to discuss needs

xposipx
03-30-2008, 11:01 AM
This isn't a prediction exactly, just trying to get some posts in the Panthers forum moving. As of right now this would be my 7 rounder:

1. Take OT in this order: Clady/Williams. Too big of a hole to risk taking a later pick on.
2. Matt Forté assuming Balmer is gone. (good compliment/blocker for DW)
3a. Red Bryant DT
3b. Jeremy Thompson DE
4. Anthony Collins OT - Depth
5. Dennis Dixon QB project.
6. Jamar Adams S
7. Lionel Dotson DT

Time to discuss our needs and if something like this would address most of the concerns.

Alternate (since the Panthers are never too predictable in the draft):

1. Kenny Phillips S
2. Marcus Harrison DT
3a. André Woodson QB
3b. Oniel Cousins OT
4. Jack Williams CB
5. Kirk Barton OT
6. Jacob Hester FB/RB
7. Brian Witherspoon KR/PR project

JustJoe2k5
03-31-2008, 05:59 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say that the need at offensive tackle will be filled in the first round. Perhaps use the additional third-round picks to move into the late first-round or early second-round to get Kenny Phillips. After that, add some depth on the defensive line and at linebacker. I also wouldn't expect a quarterback as we still have two players on the roster that are considered "projects" in Basanez and Moore.

angelsdontkill
04-01-2008, 12:34 AM
If they took a project QB in the 5th I'd rather have Kevin O'Connell if he's there. But since we already have Moore and Basanez I'm not sure they'll take a QB at all.

I wish they would trade up for Phillips.

simmy1989
04-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Right now with the way the team is looking I would like to see us go in this direction

1(13)-Best OT Ava. Clady/Otah/Williams
2(43)-I like S DaJuan Morgan at this spot I think he looks like the real deal
3(67)-I think RB Chris Johnson might fall to us here cause I've heard some teams question him on taking hits has he likes to bounce everything outside, he would be the KR/PR we need with his (4.24) speed
3 (74)-Nobody really stands out at this pick so we could use either 3rd rounder has trade bait to move up or I think QB Andre Woodson would be a decent selection to battle Moore for No.2
4 (109)-DT Frank Okam from Texas looks like a sleeper to me, he has a huge frame and is pretty athletic for 347 lbs. and is a good run stopper and would be someone to take a chance on
5 (141)-I like Missouri TE Martin Rucker here. He needs to work on his blocking but I think he could be a great pass catching TE in the NFL
6 (181), 7 (221), and 7 (241) I think we should use for O-Line and D-Line depth
and with 7 (250) I think ILB J Lemen from Illinois would be a good pick, he's has hard a worker as you will find and may not have all the greatest athletic tools, but his work ethic and his smarts can get him somewhere in the NFL I think

ShutDwn
04-02-2008, 03:27 PM
If they took a project QB in the 5th I'd rather have Kevin O'Connell if he's there. But since we already have Moore and Basanez I'm not sure they'll take a QB at all.

I wish they would trade up for Phillips.

I don't see Philips as the type of player worthy of trading up for, especially when you have bigger needs at defensive end and left tackle. If we trade up, it should be to fill those positions.

rjhboy
04-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I would take an OT first too, unless Sederick Ellis falls past 7 I would want to trade up, I'm in love with the guy and he is a workhorse.

ShutDwn
04-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah, we could use a good DT as well.

pantherfreak
04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
1. T Ryan Clady/T Chris Williams/T Jeff Otah/ T Branden Albert
2. S Tyrell Johnson
3a. RB Kevin Smith
3b. DT Trevor Laws
4. CB Tracy Porter
5. C John Sullivan
6. QB Dennis Dixon
7a. S Cory Lynch
7b. DE Chase Ortiz

I realize Scott loves this guy, but Jake Long is one of the most overrated and over-hyped lineman prospects I've seen in a while. Big, slow, unathletic tackles will never become elite LT's. He'll either be a bust or a career RT.

BlindSite
04-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Jake Long is Jordan Gross incarnate IMO.,