PDA

View Full Version : Lito Trade Still Coming

SaintsFanForLife
03-30-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.charlotte.com/317/story/558973.html

Source: Philadelphia to trade cornerback
Sheppard deal expected to happen before draft
Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA --The meat between the start of free agency and next month's NFL draft remains the same for the Eagles.

They're still planning to serve a Lito Sheppard sandwich to whichever team is willing to pay the highest price for the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback. Despite some sentiment that the Eagles would be better served by keeping Sheppard and moving Sheldon Brown to safety, the trade scenario remains far more likely.

Trade talks concerning Sheppard figure to pick up this week at the owners' meetings, which take place today through Wednesday in West Palm Beach, Fla.

A team source said the Eagles already have received some significant offers for the cornerback and will continue to listen. A deal is likely to get done before the start of the April 26 draft.

The Eagles have been told by several teams that they will make offers after they finalize their draft boards. With the draft less than a month away, those offers should be coming soon.

SaintsFanForLife
03-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I think we should make a push for Lito.. It seems we love to pick up injured or coming off an injury type players.

RAZERSAINTS
03-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Why not take a shot at him. He is great when healthy. I guess thats the key words "when healthy" I say still do it. Not a 1st but something else. Like Jason David

Yung Flippa
03-30-2008, 02:41 PM
The Ravens will be happy to swap picks, and give like a 4th or 5th for Lito.

SaintsFanForLife
03-30-2008, 02:42 PM
As long as we dont give up what ATL got for D.Hall I would be ok. But im sure they are going to want something preaty close to that IMO.

LonghornsLegend
03-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Great news, the Cowboy killer can move on to another team, not sure who the big players are as far as whose interested since the rumors have died down.

GB12
03-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Too bad you guys are already paying a combined $34 million to Jason David and Randall ***.

Geo
03-30-2008, 02:52 PM
I think Randall G's contract can be either a one-year or a two-year deal, I'm not sure which but I remember reading it could be structured that way if the Saints wanted to part ways early. I don't recall if Jason David's contract is like that.

If the Saints were to acquire Lito Sheppard (who I'm a big fan of and think is a great player), it wouldn't surprise me if they immediately cut a recovering Mike McKenzie, which would save some dollars there.

Go_Eagles77
03-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Why not take a shot at him. He is great when healthy. I guess thats the key words "when healthy" I say still do it. Not a 1st but something else. Like Jason David

lol is that a joke?

RAZERSAINTS
03-30-2008, 02:56 PM
lol is that a joke?

Yes it is. I just want to pond him off on another team that all.

nvot9
03-30-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd take him on the Jets....

SaintsFanForLife
03-30-2008, 02:58 PM
I think Randall G's contract can be either a one-year or a two-year deal, I'm not sure which but I remember reading it could be structured that way if the Saints wanted to part ways early. I don't recall if Jason David's contract is like that.

If the Saints were to acquire Lito Sheppard (who I'm a big fan of and think is a great player), it wouldn't surprise me if they immediately cut a recovering Mike McKenzie, which would save some dollars there.

I agree GEO, I think he is a great CB and I have always liked him. I would love to pick him up. And I agree that they would cut Mike. And if we had him at least he would not be able to rock R.Bush like he did in the past. Man that was a big hit.

Crickett
03-30-2008, 02:58 PM
I'll say this, I'd love to see the Jets make a move for Lito. Yeah, he's injury prone, but so was Charles Woodson once upon a time and look how well that worked for Green Bay.

With the moves the Jets have made and positions they have already addressed, #2 cornerback is a heck of a lot closer to the top of the list of Jets needs than it once was.

Geo
03-30-2008, 03:01 PM
I still think that the Eagles and Pats will engineer a trade which sends Lito to New England. Which would be an excellent move for New England.

Although certainly, the Cardinals would benefit if they could get Sheppard, giving them a starter and playmaker at corner as they have at safety with Adrian Wilson. I'd think they could afford to sign him long-term, but somehow they've reached to the cap currently, and still have some guys they need to sign long-term. Funny how things change in a few years, I suppose.

T-RICH49
03-30-2008, 03:06 PM
KC needs a starter opposite Surtain.He'd look awfully good in Red and Gold

proshoota25
03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
im willing to give up one of our 3rd round picks and maybe like a 6th round pick for a guy like lito, who would significantly upgrade our poor secondary immediately

Flyboy
03-30-2008, 03:10 PM

Mike McKenzie wouldn't be getting cut anytime soon. He played at a Pro Bowl-esque level last year and was one of the best cornerbacks in the NFC. There are reports that he'll be healthy to be starting at the beginning of the season as well - he's pretty essential to our defense.

With that said, I don't know how I'd feel about acquiring Sheppard.

The Legend
03-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Miami Dolphins Should Trade 58th Overall Pick for Philadelphia Eagles Corner Lito Sheppard

Addict
03-30-2008, 03:12 PM
eh... the lions trade... eh.... ah screw it... we won't.

Geo
03-30-2008, 03:13 PM
If I were Philly, I would do everything I could to get Anquan Boldin.

Geo
03-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Mike McKenzie wouldn't be getting cut anytime soon. He played at a Pro Bowl-esque level last year and was one of the best cornerbacks in the NFC. There are reports that he'll be healthy to be starting at the beginning of the season as well - he's pretty essential to our defense.

With that said, I don't know how I'd feel about acquiring Sheppard.
Good to know, bud. I was under the assumption he wasn't as close health-wise. Granted, not sure how long-term a solution McKenzie is, but he's more than capable as a starter when healthy. He's currently signed through 2009.

With the talent the Saints have at corner - McKenzie/ Jason David/ Randall G/ Jason Craft (exceptional nickel corner in 06)/ Usama Young - an early draft pick at CB might not be as given as some think it to be. If the BPA is a corner at #10, obviously it wouldn't be a bad move at all, but I don't think it's a given - I could see them instead bolstering the core with another mid-round pick, an unheralded prospect like Young, meanwhile using the earlier picks at other positions. Maybe free safety is the bigger need, with Bullocks is in the last year of his rookie deal.

But if Sheppard comes over, he's starting of course.

Brent
03-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Arent the Rams supposed to be pursuing him?

BaLLiN
03-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Arent the Rams supposed to be pursuing him?

everyone and your mother should be pursuing him.

Teams because he is a good player in man press, and WHEN HEALTHY (very little of the time 100%) he is a great player.

Your mother because he will get a fat wad of cash eventually.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-30-2008, 07:14 PM
It'd soften the blow of losing DeAngelo some. It would probably take a 2nd though, which I probably wouldn't pony up. Because we would be essentially trading Hall for Sheppard.

LonghornsLegend
03-30-2008, 07:16 PM

Why would Arizona do that? Ive been inclined to believe they would keep Boldin over Fitz if they had to, he's the captain of the offense and has been a leader, I dont think they would think about trading him just to get another corner.

fenikz
03-30-2008, 07:20 PM

Why would we do that, we wouldn't even trade Fitzgerald, let alone the most important player to our team

Matthew Jones
03-30-2008, 07:36 PM
I'd sacrifice my butt virginity for Lito Sheppard.

BaLLiN
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
I'd sacrifice my butt virginity for Lito Sheppard.

interracial?

proshoota25
03-30-2008, 08:13 PM
lmao haaaa

TitleTown088
03-30-2008, 08:19 PM
interracial?

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/images/2007/11/16/jb_smoove.jpg

He'd spread that **** open and spray paint inside.

BaLLiN
03-30-2008, 08:25 PM
http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/images/2007/11/16/jb_smoove.jpg

He'd spread that **** open and spray paint inside.

thanks for sharing, with us kids!

Besides i dont think he'd enjoy Lito's jizz in him, trojans are the way to go when mixing vanilla and chocolate

A Perfect Score
03-30-2008, 08:30 PM
if deangelo hall went for a high 2nd, and hes a top 5 CB who is rarely injured, i cant see lito fetching anything more then an early- mid 3rd...although, i would be happy if the ravens somehow got ahold of him, and moved samari rolle to nickel...

indyfan1985
03-30-2008, 08:52 PM
I think the Titans could possibly make a run for Sheppard. They need help at CB with Harper getting old and being in the same division as the Colts they will need good DBs. Although, since they didnt make a run for Samuel, maybe they wont make a run at having to trade for Lito.

eaglesalltheway
03-31-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the Eagles wouldn't let anyone else have a run at Samuel, thats how bad we wanted him.

toonsterwu
03-31-2008, 10:18 AM
I think the Patriots still make the most sense, and one thing that might make sense for both clubs is for the Eagles to leverage the 19th, Lito, and another asset to move up to the 7th spot and nab an OT. Of course, there's other possibilities.

I could see the Jets get in on this. I wouldn't rule out, say, the Bills, although the fit there is iffy. Browns likely don't have the assets to make something happen. Ravens would make some sense. Chiefs might be a thought. Maybe something with the Rams, perhaps swapping 2nd's as the core? Would put the Eagles in a better position to grab an OT if they miss out in the first. Cardinals could definitely enter the equation. The Saints should be considered.

And then there are the NL East teams, all of whom might take ask, although I don't see the Giants sticking their feet in. Maybe the Cowboys, although they are more likely to pick up a youngster. I would watch Washington, as they need a CB, and they have most of their picks this year, along with some compensatory options.

proshoota25
03-31-2008, 04:00 PM
im willing to take lito sheppard and the 19th overall pick for the 7th overall pick

umphrey
03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
if deangelo hall went for a high 2nd, and hes a top 5 CB who is rarely injured, i cant see lito fetching anything more then an early- mid 3rd...although, i would be happy if the ravens somehow got ahold of him, and moved samari rolle to nickel...

Hall wanted out, and had character concerns.

AllDayFootball724
03-31-2008, 04:14 PM
There is probably no way the Eagles want to end up in the top 10, think about the dollars the eagles would have to spend for there top 10 pick. I don't know how the Raiders are doing it.

If Eagles trade him its probably going to be late 1st or Early second. D. Hall got a early second and 6th only because Oakland can't give up a top 5 pick. I think Chad or Whos ur mama is going to be traded and Lito will end up somehow in Cincy.

Go_Eagles77
03-31-2008, 04:15 PM
im willing to take lito sheppard and the 19th overall pick for the 7th overall pick

Okay lets get this done

Brothgar
03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
WR Roy Williams for Lito and a 1st! book it! (As long as cap fits I forget if a team takes a cap hit on a player if the receiving team still has to pay full salary) Tell you what as much as I'm not a fan of Lito I'd take it

Go_Eagles77
03-31-2008, 04:59 PM
I think the most likely scenario right now is Lito for the rams' 2nd rounder. That could work out pretty well especially if we can get a WR like Hardy at #34.

KCJ58
03-31-2008, 05:20 PM
The Rams should give up a 3rd rounder for him

SaintsFanForLife
03-31-2008, 05:26 PM
I would give up a third for him...

Thunder&Lightning
03-31-2008, 06:30 PM
To bad the patriots cheated and lost one of there 1st round picks they probably could have used that to get Lito. ****** idiots...

proshoota25
03-31-2008, 06:42 PM
lol i agree man it totally sucks

Eaglez.Fan
03-31-2008, 06:46 PM
The Rams should give up a 3rd rounder for him

I would give up a third for him...

I wouldn't take it.

SaintsFanForLife
03-31-2008, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't take it.

I dont blame you.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2008, 06:58 AM
There is probably no way the Eagles want to end up in the top 10, think about the dollars the eagles would have to spend for there top 10 pick. I don't know how the Raiders are doing it.

If Eagles trade him its probably going to be late 1st or Early second. D. Hall got a early second and 6th only because Oakland can't give up a top 5 pick. I think Chad or Whos ur mama is going to be traded and Lito will end up somehow in Cincy.

The Eagles don't want a top ten pick, you're right, there wouldn't be any players available that they would want at #7 anyway, maybe an OT, but I don't see the Eagles moving up in the first this year. A second is most likely and the Rams would be a good trtading partner if they are willing.