The Legend
03-30-2008, 09:56 PM
i know its a bit early
but who are some players that this is there last year with there teams
players that will get traded by week 6 this year or the offseason

BeerBaron
03-30-2008, 10:13 PM
so 2008 is their last year eh....

donovan mcnabb, shaun alexander (if he even makes it that long)

those are the only two that pop into my head right now

BlindSite
03-30-2008, 10:16 PM
I think Chad Johnsons value for one will go up after the draft as will Lito Shepards, imo Trade value in terms of picks for players is always at its lowest before the draft.

Teams are less willing to give up a second rounder in january for a starter than they are in September/october.

Case in point the draft pick sent to new england for Deion Branch and the cost of Sending Randy Moss to the Patriots.

If a team like the titans or Bears for example some how missed an opportunity for a wide receiver in the draft they'd be more willing to part with a first day pick for a dependable receiver than they would be right now.

BeerBaron
03-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I think Chad Johnsons value for one will go up after the draft as will Lito Shepards, imo Trade value in terms of picks for players is always at its lowest before the draft.

Teams are less willing to give up a second rounder in january for a starter than they are in September/october.

Case in point the draft pick sent to new england for Deion Branch and the cost of Sending Randy Moss to the Patriots.

If a team like the titans or Bears for example some how missed an opportunity for a wide receiver in the draft they'd be more willing to part with a first day pick for a dependable receiver than they would be right now.

while i wouldnt complain having a talent like CJ on the bears, cmon....hes unhappy with carson palmer throwing to him and TJ on the other side taking some pressure off. the bears dont have anything close to either of those.....headaches galore ensue

Geo
03-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Jason Taylor has to be traded by next offseason, I would think, given that he has two years remaining on his current deal. So if he is not traded this summer, then next summer is the time.

Would the Dolphins sign him to a long-term extension? I guess I doubt it, depending on the thought of whether he'd contribute when they are contending again, plus Taylor deserves a shot with a contender as he gets older.

RaiderNation
03-31-2008, 01:42 AM
Derrick Bergess if we dont resign him

thule
03-31-2008, 01:57 AM
Steven King really sold me on his Chad Johnson to the Cowboys rumor during training camp....not sure how many people out there read it...but has some sense to it....be something to watch through the draft to see if the cowboys touch on it....also don't forget TG is currently one of the highest salaried players by the cowboys right now...if they cut him after june 1st his bonus would then be less of a hit for 2009....which I think is the reason they are hanging on to him now...if they have a chance to get a guy they like...I think they pull the trigger....now noone knows for sure if this is in the draft or in a trade...but it's safe to say the cowboys will make a push to address this issue sometime before opening day.

fenikz
03-31-2008, 03:53 AM
Kurt Warner if Leinart does well, Edgerrin James if we draft someone like Stewart or Forte and they do well

BamaFalcon59
03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Considering the Falcons current way of doing things, I would guess Michael Boley and Roddy White are the next two to go, followed closely by John Abraham.

No, just kidding. I hope not anyway. I would say Keith Brooking, Joe Horn, and Keynan Forney won't play too much longer for the Falcons.

bored of education
03-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Ty Law, Patrick Surtain, ummmmm Sammie Parker, Greg Wesley

BaLLiN
03-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Although i dont see it right now, i think Jeremy Shockey could be on his way out if he has another injury next season or doesnt do much because Boss could fill his spot in a year.

DJC
03-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Chris Simms wont be a Buc next year, whether he's traded or cut.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Darren Howard won't be a member of the Eagles much longer...

ChezPower4
04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Roy Williams if the lions don't plan to re-sign him

BlindSite
04-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Although i dont see it right now, i think Jeremy Shockey could be on his way out if he has another injury next season or doesnt do much because Boss could fill his spot in a year.

Yeah good point, what a lot of people don't realise is that Shockey (like manning) was Accorsi's love child.

Ernie recruited him, drafted him, protected him and saved him from a lot of things (like tim carter) and with Accorsi out of the picture I could see him bitching in public and getting kicked to the kurb.

The Legend
04-01-2008, 07:05 PM
KGB i think next year will have to take a pay cut or go (7.3 million)

zoinks
04-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised if the Titans try to move Keith Bulluck after this year.

OSUGiants17
04-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey guys, there is already a thread about this
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&09trades=&f=46 (http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/)

TimD
04-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey guys, there is already a thread about this
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&09trades=&f=46 (http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/)
i hate you.

OSUGiants17
04-01-2008, 08:55 PM
i hate you.
Why???????? It's april fools day ;D

BaLLiN
04-01-2008, 09:07 PM

ahhh you got me, ill make this black so no one else has to bleed through their ears and eyes

It's april fools day ;D

zoinks
04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Now THAT's how it's done!!!! Kudos, my good man! Keep on rollin', rollin', rollin.....

P01ntb1ank
04-02-2008, 04:07 PM
lol u got me too. good thing i had my sound turned off.

Back on topic, I would say that by the end of this season, one of Clevelands qbs will be traded. If DA bombs this season, hes gone. If he succeeds, than BQ is probably going. As much as I like having two capable qbs, there are some holes that we need to fill if were going to win a superbowl (lbs, cbs, maybe a safety)

BaLLiN
04-02-2008, 09:20 PM
im stupid and gullible delete this post

BaLLiN
04-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Edit: Im stupid delete this post

TimD
04-03-2008, 09:21 PM

haha you got me. i always fall for that, except this time someone was at least tricky..