PDA

View Full Version : Big Baby's doin just fine......

Bootland27
03-31-2008, 12:10 AM
He was playing at 370 lbs last year. According to Rob Parker he recently weighed in at

402 LBS

WMD
03-31-2008, 01:04 AM
That's just not healthy.

eeth
03-31-2008, 01:55 AM
man, thats even bigger than terdell sands at oakland and he was 375

ESimsfan87
03-31-2008, 09:23 AM
You know I really think that Cleveland didn't take into effect the fact that Shaun Rogers is such an ambassador for commerce in the form of local Burger King's and White Castle. Shaun Rogers will single handedly sink the Detroit fast food scene.

In all seriousness though, 402 is a joke.

Brothgar
03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Well if there is one thing we can give credit to Millen for its never cutting or trading players that come back to bite us in the end. Joey still sucks (Although seems to always play good against the Lions) Rogers and Williams either suck or are out of the league. Rogers is now 402 lbs. Kalimba and Jones are to be determined.

BeerBaron
03-31-2008, 11:09 AM
good lord, well at least he'll be a 34 NT now. all he has to do is take up space and hes got a good 100 pounds on those centers hell be matched up with

Xiomera
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Shaun Rogers ate Drew Neitzel . . . that explains Drew's disappearance this season and Shaun's weight.

Crickett
03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Hmmm, kinda makes me glad the Jets went with Kris Jenkins. Although to be fair, what matters is what weight he comes into training camp at.

LonghornsLegend
03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
And whats his reward for weighing over 400lbs?? A 42 million dollar contract with 20 million guaranteed without ever having to play a down, smh.

Addict
03-31-2008, 01:01 PM
some things never change, he's still an unmotivated pig...

Millen actually made a good call, let's hope he makes a habit out of it.

AllDayFootball724
03-31-2008, 01:11 PM
he is bulking up for the 3-4 come on.

WMD
03-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Hmmm, kinda makes me glad the Jets went with Kris Jenkins. Although to be fair, what matters is what weight he comes into training camp at.

Yeah, but if he's at 402 now, he'll have to work really really hard to get down to a desirable weight for the season.. and he just isn't capable of doing that.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Wow. I'm glad the Lions don't have to worry about his weight anymore. His weight issues really started when he got caught/suspended for using that weight loss supplement. He must have been using it for more than 1 year and it must have had a big effect because this guy has just gotten bigger and bigger. Based on his knee problems/surgeries, you could have given him a pass for last offseasons weight problems, but if this report is true, its clear he has a serious problem.

Hello Leigh Bodden and 3rd round Millen mistake.

detroit4life
03-31-2008, 01:50 PM
the guy needs to drop about 40-50 pounds to be able to play at a good level all season and thats not possible for him. What a waste of some god given talent right there Rogers could have been a great and now he's just a bowling ball who cant put down the big macs

TacticaLion
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I wish him the best, but that's funny.

It is a 3-4, but lets see if he can stay on the field. Good luck, Cleveland.

Xiomera
03-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Rogers is now just an immobile road block in the middle of the Browns defense.

WMD
03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Assuming he is still capable of running, the Browns should use him as a Fullback in Goal Line situations.

BeerBaron
03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Rogers is now just an immobile road block in the middle of the Browns defense.

lol, that might not actually be a bad thing....if it takes the center and at least 1 guard to keep him from falling into the rusher, then hes doing his job

AllDayFootball724
03-31-2008, 03:57 PM
How long do you think its takes him to get on the field and off of the field. ..??? How effective would that make him then.

As a fb aahahah, give him the ball tell him to fall forward and roll.

Bootland27
03-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Here's Shaun Rogers in action at a Cleveland Restaurant

http://www.realvideosite.com/uploads/image/1975.jpg

detroit4life
03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
theyre gonna have to cart him on and off the field

Brothgar
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Detroit should have kept him! that way the Wings could have used him to block the entire goal.

asmitty45
03-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Detroit should have kept him! that way the Wings could have used him to block the entire goal.

Ya I think Hasek may have had more success on the Defensive Line last year too.

Iamcanadian
04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Does anmybody have a link to this report or is it just wishful thinking on our part.

ESimsfan87
04-01-2008, 10:19 AM
I have a feeling it was probably said on ESPN 2's First Take. Rob Parker has been on the discussion panel with Skip Bayless all week long.

DawgBone
04-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Come on guys honestly, dont believe everything you hear. I guess this was easy to believe because you all want him to fail so it looks like your team didnt ruin a talent or you at least got the better end of an even trade.

If you even paid attention, Shaun Rogers had to of had a physical before the deal could have passed between the Lions and Browns. During a physical you get weighed. And during his press release in writing, and in words Romeo Crennell said he weighed exactly 350 pounds. Romeo said he was very pleased because Shaun himself said his playing weight was around 370-380 last year.

After the "405" rumor came out, Crennel said he was satisfied with Shauns weight and that he was in the 350 range.

I think its imbarrassing all the Lions fans bashing that went on in this thread to a very solid player that is clearly more motivated now then he ever was, just by his weight alone.

DawgBone
04-04-2008, 02:30 PM
double post

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Come on guys honestly, dont believe everything you hear. I guess this was easy to believe because you all want him to fail so it looks like your team didnt ruin a talent or you at least got the better end of an even trade.

If you even paid attention, Shaun Rogers had to of had a physical before the deal could have passed between the Lions and Browns. During a physical you get weighed. And during his press release in writing, and in words Romeo Crennell said he weighed exactly 350 pounds. Romeo said he was very pleased because Shaun himself said his playing weight was around 370-380 last year.

After the "405" rumor came out, Crennel said he was satisfied with Shauns weight and that he was in the 350 range.

I think its imbarrassing all the Lions fans bashing that went on in this thread to a very solid player that is clearly more motivated now then he ever was, just by his weight alone.

So he lost 20-30lbs in 2 months from beginning of January to the begining of March when he wasn't practicing every day and playing football every Sunday. I don't know how he did that then. He should start a weight loss camp to let us in on his secret. I guess money/a new contract could motivate him to do that. Its a shame he couldn't do it for Marinelli who is a very good coach. For that reason I'll bash him for the past, but best of luck to him for the future.

DawgBone
04-05-2008, 10:16 AM
So he lost 20-30lbs in 2 months from beginning of January to the begining of March when he wasn't practicing every day and playing football every Sunday. I don't know how he did that then. He should start a weight loss camp to let us in on his secret. I guess money/a new contract could motivate him to do that. Its a shame he couldn't do it for Marinelli who is a very good coach. For that reason I'll bash him for the past, but best of luck to him for the future.

Heres how it works.......

I reported facts that were in an official Physical and the report of weighing 350 was released by the Browns head coach Romeo Crennell.

All you Lions fans reported rumors that at the time seemed to please every one of you.

All I know is this......

Shaun Rogers said in his first official interview with the Browns media that his playing weight in 2007 was around 370-380. Something most Lions fans should probably seem accurate.

In his physical Romeo said he weighed in at 350 exactly. And after the "405" rumor Romeo chuckled and pointed to his recent physical and said he was in the 350 range.

P-L
04-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Ok, until you show us the official physical report, you have reported no facts. Now, there is a good chance the report of 400 lbs is false. But just because Romeo Crennell says something, doesn't make it fact. Do you honestly think that if Shaun did weigh 400 lbs, Romeo would admit to it? I don't. There would be so much backlash towards the organization if these rumors are true. Now obviously I'm not saying either report is right, but you have to realize that coaches lie. They all lie, Romeo is not the exception. And finally, if you want to stop trolling the Lions forum, then that'd be great. This isn't the first time you've come in here trying to start trouble.

Prowler
04-05-2008, 12:25 PM
he's still overweight, last season he'd play maybe two downs and start huffing and puffing.... even if he's at or 20lbs below his 'playing weight', he's still in the shape of a jello troll and plays like it too. when he starts running marathons, can take a full practice at full speed, and lasts longer than the first two drives then let me know.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Ok, until you show us the official physical report, you have reported no facts. Now, there is a good chance the report of 400 lbs is false. But just because Romeo Crennell says something, doesn't make it fact. Do you honestly think that if Shaun did weigh 400 lbs, Romeo would admit to it? I don't. There would be so much backlash towards the organization if these rumors are true. Now obviously I'm not saying either report is right, but you have to realize that coaches lie. They all lie, Romeo is not the exception. And finally, if you want to stop trolling the Lions forum, then that'd be great. This isn't the first time you've come in here trying to start trouble.

Exactly, good point P/L. Marinelli was always mum on Rogers weight as well. The Lions listed the guy at 340 and he was no where near 340. That was our "official report" If he was 370-380 in January and suddenly is down to 350 in the part of the offseason where you just want to get away from football, kudos to Rogers. But I won't believe it until I see him out there for more than a series without getting gassed. 20-30lbs in 2 months is pretty amazing for someone as lazy as Shaun Rogers. Money may have been a factor to get him into shape, but then again maybe he just found a new diet supplement that isn't illegal yet. Since he's been suspended for using that diet supplement his weight ballooned.

DawgBone
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM

Go to clevelandbrowns.com their official home page, there is a media section. It has a medialink to the Shaun Rogers official press interview. If you want facts sometimes you have to do research, sorry P-L but rumor boards dont count.

Although it sounds like your mind is made up and only want to believe the worsecase scenario.

I love how Lions fans take faith in rotoworld.com and profootballtalk.com rumor mills.

Why dont you go to a real news source that actually reports first hand?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Go to clevelandbrowns.com their official home page, there is a media section. It has a medialink to the Shaun Rogers official press interview. If you want facts sometimes you have to do research, sorry P-L but rumor boards dont count.

Although it sounds like your mind is made up and only want to believe the worsecase scenario.

I love how Lions fans take faith in rotoworld.com and profootballtalk.com rumor mills.

Why dont you go to a real news source that actually reports first hand?

We listed Rogers at 340lbs. That doesn't mean its the truth. We'll find out on the field next year. Until then its all speculation.

DawgBone
04-05-2008, 04:25 PM
We listed Rogers at 340lbs. That doesn't mean its the truth. We'll find out on the field next year. Until then its all speculation.

Its speculation to you guys who refuse to believe an official report. He weighed 350.

He has been listed at 340 since his rookie season. Its not often that a size or weight is changed once a player comes into the league.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Its speculation to you guys who refuse to believe an official report. He weighed 350.

He has been listed at 340 since his rookie season. Its not often that a size or weight is changed once a player comes into the league.

Him being listed by the Detroit Lions is an official report. But its obviously isn't the correct weight. Therefore, the report is not very official.

A coaches spoken word after just signing a player to a large contract is not an official report either. Its a public relatons issue because his weight is an issue and they just signed him. Crennel couldn't be like he weighs 370s lbs, why did we trade for this blimp. There is probably a weight clause in the contract at least I would hope for the Browns sake. Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see during the season. Nothing is official until training camp and Week 1 of the season.

Losing 20-30lbs in 2 months is just very improbable in my eyes for Shaun Rogers.
1) he's had several years to lose the weight and he hasn't
2) he was suspened 4 games for using a weight loss supplement which he no longer can use
3) 2 months is not a long period of time. If he was really down to 350lbs, maybe the Lions don't trade him. If he's already at the weight they want, why trade your most dominant player.
4) he's lazy

For those reason, I find it improbable.

DawgBone
04-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Him being listed by the Detroit Lions is an official report. But its obviously isn't the correct weight. Therefore, the report is not very official.

A coaches spoken word after just signing a player to a large contract is not an official report either. Its a public relatons issue because his weight is an issue and they just signed him. Crennel couldn't be like he weighs 370s lbs, why did we trade for this blimp. There is probably a weight clause in the contract at least I would hope for the Browns sake. Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see during the season. Nothing is official until training camp and Week 1 of the season.

Losing 20-30lbs in 2 months is just very improbable in my eyes for Shaun Rogers.
1) he's had several years to lose the weight and he hasn't
2) he was suspened 4 games for using a weight loss supplement which he no longer can use
3) 2 months is not a long period of time. If he was really down to 350lbs, maybe the Lions don't trade him. If he's already at the weight they want, why trade your most dominant player.
4) he's lazy

For those reason, I find it improbable.

Your assuming official cannot be "outdated". It was an official and accurate report when it came out......7 years ago.

"If he's already at the weight they want, why trade your most dominant player."

Because he refuses to play for a horrible team anymore? This isnt a shot to Lions fans, just the simple facts. He made it clear he wants to play for a winner. Problem players have proven time and time again that on bad teams they are a cancer and on good teams they are solid players again.

Brodeur
04-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Your assuming official cannot be "outdated". It was an official and accurate report when it came out......7 years ago.

Because he refuses to play for a horrible team anymore? This isnt a shot to Lions fans, just the simple facts. He made it clear he wants to play for a winner. Problem players have proven time and time again that on bad teams they are a cancer and on good teams they are solid players again.

You know, refusing to play for a horrible team and being a major cause for a huge second half meltdown are totally different things.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-05-2008, 06:57 PM

The Lions listed him at 340 THIS YEAR. I'm sure they updated rosters from 2001. Marinelli constantly dodged the weight question. His real playing weight was 370lbs as of January. As of March, its a questionmark.

He didn't refuse to play. He had 7 sacks and when not gassed because of weight, he was our most dominant player. He didn't hold out or try to renegotiate his contract.He was under contract and the GM/coaches made the decision to trade him because of his weight/lazy attitude in general. Cleveland is not exactly a proven winner. 1 good year is not a proven winner. Thats another will see next season deal.

Brothgar
04-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I think that Big Baby may do much better in Cleavland I think the colder weather will do him good. (Yes I do now that the Lions play in a dome which is climate controled). But the early games in which we got beaten down (Philly and Washington) the heat was tremendous so a colder climate like Cleavland might be exactly what he is looking for. To believe the reports of some guy on ESPN or Romeo Crenell both have a reason to lie. Both probobally are lieing. I'm willing to bet he is likely at the 370 range one guy bumps it up to sell a big story the other bumps it down to make it look like he's turned the corner and is going to kick @$$. That sells more tickets (those hard to sell standing room only tickets). Either way the Lions made the right deal here. A #1 CB on the last year of his deal (meaning he is going to play harder than anyone) which is what the Millen Marinelli duo need. I have no doubt that if the Lions don't win this season both are gone. We also got a 3rd round pick which can be traded to move us in a prime possition in the late 1st early 2nd round. Either way we win in this trade becauise its not what Rogers becomes for the Browns that we are comparing it to it is the production he had while here.

detknowitall
04-06-2008, 09:04 AM
He may do much better in CLeveland. Yet it is funny how Lions fans after 7 years of watching him start a game or a year good just to lose it half way through due to his inability to be prepared for a full season are being told that we know less about him than his new team that has seen him pay a handful of times over those 7 years. Press release or not. During the start of the year everything sounds great on Rogers come talk to me again around week 10 when your making a playoff run and he's out of gas. Or rather when up by 4 and hes sitting on the sideline sucking down gatorade in between puffs on the oxygen mask. Simply put its too early to tell, but dont buy into the preseason hype as history is NOT on your side when backing him.

DawgBone
04-06-2008, 11:10 AM
He may do much better in CLeveland. Yet it is funny how Lions fans after 7 years of watching him start a game or a year good just to lose it half way through due to his inability to be prepared for a full season are being told that we know less about him than his new team that has seen him pay a handful of times over those 7 years. Press release or not. During the start of the year everything sounds great on Rogers come talk to me again around week 10 when your making a playoff run and he's out of gas. Or rather when up by 4 and hes sitting on the sideline sucking down gatorade in between puffs on the oxygen mask. Simply put its too early to tell, but dont buy into the preseason hype as history is NOT on your side when backing him.

Hes in a 3-4 now. He will play 2 out of every 4 downs. Compaired to 3 out of 4. I think the 3-4 system alone will make for a better year for him down the stretch.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Hes in a 3-4 now. He will play 2 out of every 4 downs. Compaired to 3 out of 4. I think the 3-4 system alone will make for a better year for him down the stretch.

Its harder to be a 3-4 nose tackle than its is to be a 4-3 nose tackle. You are responsible for 2 gaps instead of 1. And there isn't another big strong DT next you to help you out. Playing 2 out of every 4 downs will help him out, but even while rotating him this year, he would still get gassed. And playing 2 out of 4 downs is assuming you are getting 3 and outs.

detknowitall
04-06-2008, 05:29 PM

Wow. Football 101 a 3-4 nose tackle has to be able to cover the A and B gaps on defense. And your constantly taking on double adn triple teams. Rogers played good against the pass and is slightly better than average against the run. He need a dominant 3 technique tackle to take some pressure off. Personally I think it was a mistake to let him go, but please don't think that he's the answer to your Dline problems as a nose tackle. The honeymood will wear off by week 10.

Whitebull
04-06-2008, 06:42 PM
About this time last year, Parker did this same thing, but it was 370 or 380, not 405. Turned out Rogers was very overweight all year. Last year he was rehabbing from shoulder/knee injuries though.

DawgBone
04-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Wow. Football 101 a 3-4 nose tackle has to be able to cover the A and B gaps on defense. And your constantly taking on double adn triple teams. Rogers played good against the pass and is slightly better than average against the run. He need a dominant 3 technique tackle to take some pressure off. Personally I think it was a mistake to let him go, but please don't think that he's the answer to your Dline problems as a nose tackle. The honeymood will wear off by week 10.

Rogers said in his interview that he will be fine in the 3-4 despite never playing in it because Detroit asked him to cover 2 gaps enough for him to feel comfortable doing it.

But im guessing after I pointed the video out which included the weight discussion that noone here bothered to watch it?

The Browns are use to a NT named Ted Washington who actually does weigh 400 plus pounds so unless Rogers can manage to be fatter than him which I doubt, then we are better off then before.

jbombul
04-06-2008, 10:25 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/jbombul/troll.jpg

DawgBone
04-07-2008, 03:52 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/jbombul/troll.jpg

Trolls are generally known to go to other boards and talk smack. The only smack talk that I have seen in this entire thread is that from Lions fans am I wrong? I came here to offer media proof that your X player does not weigh 405 lbs.

And i doubt the good Lions fans out there can afford to feed anyone after having Rogers on the roster for 7 years.

Brothgar
04-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Trolls are generally known to go to other boards and talk smack. The only smack talk that I have seen in this entire thread is that from Lions fans am I wrong? I came here to offer media proof that your X player does not weigh 405 lbs.

And i doubt the good Lions fans out there can afford to feed anyone after having Rogers on the roster for 7 years.

I saw the March 4th media announcement there is no way he weighs less than 370 lbs and it looks more like 380 in that March 4th announcement to say he weighs 350 is really saying he lost 20 - 30 lbs in 1 months time. Anything short of Lipo I don't think it happened. Now to say he gained 20 or 30 lbs in the same 1 month time frame is just as ludicrous.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I saw the March 4th media announcement there is no way he weighs less than 370 lbs and it looks more like 380 in that March 4th announcement to say he weighs 350 is really saying he lost 20 - 30 lbs in 1 months time. Anything short of Lipo I don't think it happened. Now to say he gained 20 or 30 lbs in the same 1 month time frame is just as ludicrous.

Exactly too little of time for so much weight loss. And notice Rogers didn't say how much he weighed. If he weighed 350lbs, I'd let everyone know about it if I were him especially the Lions.

DawgBone
04-07-2008, 05:34 PM

Trusting the eye test over the scale test? Very smart. TV adds how much again?

Brothgar
04-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Trusting the eye test over the scale test? Very smart. TV adds how much again?

Well I'm sorry do you have a picture of the scale? Did Rogers have a prize fight style weigh in? So I'm taking an eye test over a verbal test as I have no way to trust contradicting reports. When you have contradicting reports as I currently do I will take a visual evidence over any person's word on the matter specially when both people have substantial amount to gain by falsifying a statement.

wingboy2999
04-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Well I'm sorry do you have a picture of the scale? Did Rogers have a prize fight style weigh in? So I'm taking an eye test over a verbal test as I have no way to trust contradicting reports. When you have contradicting reports as I currently do I will take a visual evidence over any person's word on the matter specially when both people have substantial amount to gain by falsifying a statement.

They always told us he was playing at 340 and we knew that was a load of BS. So that shuts down the scale test a bit.

DawgBone
04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
They always told us he was playing at 340 and we knew that was a load of BS. So that shuts down the scale test a bit.

Lions fans seem to have a vendeta against fat people. Maybe you should just run a 1-6 deffense with 4 DB's. Good thing there is a rule on how many players have to be on the line of scrimmage.

When the best player on your deffense is the scapegoat, then maybe your just denying the truth. Much like your denying his new weight. I dont blame you though.

Broth223 - If I showed you a pic of the scale with him on it....why would I have a feeling you would think the picture if photo shopped? Everything is a conspiracy.

Brothgar
04-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Lions fans seem to have a vendeta against fat people. Maybe you should just run a 1-6 deffense with 4 DB's. Good thing there is a rule on how many players have to be on the line of scrimmage.

When the best player on your deffense is the scapegoat, then maybe your just denying the truth. Much like your denying his new weight. I dont blame you though.

Broth223 - If I showed you a pic of the scale with him on it....why would I have a feeling you would think the picture if photo shopped? Everything is a conspiracy.

Ha ha ha. Conspiracy? Well at least one of these two men are lieing. There is no conspiracy about that. One guy says 402 the other says 350 that is a huge discrepency. Looking at the video you suggested I watch I came up with soemthing in the middle. This isn't Lions fans hateing on Rogers as much as you'd like it to be. This is based on 5 years of history (I'm not counting his first 2 seasons). If he completely tuirned the corner and was at 350 on March 4th we wouldn't have traded him that's point blank. Its not like we needed a scape goat we already have 2. Mike Martz and the entire secondary.

wingboy2999
04-07-2008, 11:07 PM

On offense... Belichick has run a defense with no down lineman before. If you are going to cite a rule, atleast make sure you are right.

And no we don't have anything against fat players. It is just the truth. They always listed him at a good deal less then what he was at. That is what we are saying.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Rogers being gassed wasn't the only reason we lost but it played a part. Rogers did a lot for us this year but a lot of times when we needed him, he wasn't able to go because of weight. And weight is touchy in Detroit not only because of Rogers but also because of Mike Williams. These professional players eat themselves out of being good players, though Williams was never a good pro. Rogers backups were terrible, Redding disappeared and White disappeared. The LBs couldn't cover and either could the secondary. That is the biggest reason we lost on top of the lack of running game and refusal of Martz to run.

You can't prove your scale test. Its only verbal as stated before and not even backed up by Rogers himself. Rogers didn't comment on his weight. And as stated before, if he was 350 we might not have traded him. Why would we trade a healthy dominant in shape player with a good atttitude towards getting shape. We wouldn't even Millen wouldn't do that and I'm sure Marinelli would want to see the fruits of his hard work with Rogers. The Lions made the decision to trade Rogers because in March he was overweight, Rogers didn't make the decision.

DawgBone
04-08-2008, 02:29 PM
"One guy says 402 the other says 350 that is a huge discrepency"

Here is my last point on this subject.

Your quetioning weather Romeo Crennell is telling the truth about Rogers weight, but you choose to believe a rumor in which you dont even know who reported it? Who is this one guy? If you can tell me that and then show how the "one guy" is credible in any way shape or forum after reporting something on a rumor mill, then I will back off.

let me guess......Jamarcus Russell is over 300 right?

wingboy2999
04-08-2008, 02:36 PM
No... we are believing what we have seen for the past five years. That is what we are believing. They ALWAYS do this in sports. Bump height and weights up... lower down weight. We have been exposed to this. We are going off of that.

Are you even a Lions fan? We have a lot more experience with this... We're used to this stuff. It is not a matter of believing one person and not believing the other.

ESimsfan87
04-08-2008, 02:37 PM

Your quetioning weather Romeo Crennell is telling the truth about Rogers weight, but you choose to believe a rumor in which you dont even know who reported it? Who is this one guy? If you can tell me that and then show how the "one guy" is credible in any way shape or forum after reporting something on a rumor mill, then I will back off.

Listen I personally think us Lions fans are really just jealous that there's a chance you can get an in shape Big baby, when we never really had one. There's really no hate for him here its just we always like to crack the fat jokes.

BTW Jamarcus Russell is kinda fat...300 may not be out of the question. j/k.

Brothgar
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM

One guy is Rob Parker of the Detroit News. The fact that he is inserted in the sports world makes him at least a little credible. And if you read any of my posts I never said he actually weighed 402 lbs. did I? Nor do I believe that he is 350 lbs. But yes we should all believe all the official reports Troy Smith is REALLY 6 foot tall as said he was on the Buckeye's official report. In fact Rogers has always been 340 lbs as was said in the Lions official report. OH AND THERE ARE WMD'S IN IRAQ well I mean we had official reports saying it was true! We just traded him because he slept with Rod's wife THAT MUST BE IT!

Addict
04-08-2008, 03:01 PM
One guy is Rob Parker of the Detroit News. The fact that he is inserted in the sports world makes him at least a little credible. And if you read any of my posts I never said he actually weighed 402 lbs. did I? Nor do I believe that he is 350 lbs. But yes we should all believe all the official reports Troy Smith is REALLY 6 foot tall as said he was on the Buckeye's official report. In fact Rogers has always been 340 lbs as was said in the Lions official report. OH AND THERE ARE WMD'S IN IRAQ well I mean we had official reports saying it was true! We just traded him because he slept with Rod's wife THAT MUST BE IT!

J. Edgar? Is that you?

Brothgar
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
J. Edgar? Is that you?

Crap! My cover's blown! It's gonna be hard to wiretap all the people in this forum. I'll need a disguise ... A dress would work hmm...

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-08-2008, 03:15 PM

I don't believe the rumor that he is 400lbs. I don't believe he is 350 based on Romeo's statement who has a reason to not tell the truth for public relations of the team and the fact he is until training camp to truly get his weight down. I do believe he is out of shape right now and has a hard time getting into shape EVERY SEASON. Most likely in the 365-380lb range based on his playing weight last year, his history of laziness, his history of taking illegal diet supplements, the fact its only be 2 months from when we last saw him sucking wind on the field in January from March and that its the offseason when players go on vacation and are allowed to be their laziest and most out of shape.

wingboy2999
04-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Allen Iverson is 6 foot as well.

Addict
04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Allen Iverson is 6 foot as well.

You know what else is six feet? *looks down* that's right....

wingboy2999
04-08-2008, 04:00 PM

You got some big ass feet. Something weird in the water over in Europe?

Brothgar
04-08-2008, 04:15 PM

Damn that must suck. People with 6 foot penises are completely incapable of having an erection.

wingboy2999
04-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Damn that must suck. People with 6 foot penises are completely incapable of having an erection.

You'd die immediately at the lack of a blood in the rest of your body. What are you? A Blue Whale?

DawgBone
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
"But yes we should all believe all the official reports Troy Smith is REALLY 6 foot tall as said he was on the Buckeye's official report."

There actually is video proof of him being 6ft tall. But thats up to you to dig out last years combine coverage videos.

Addict
04-08-2008, 05:00 PM

true, but I can smack chicks with it like you won't believe, serioulsy, we're talking halway to the atlantic here folks.

And I'm only 50% whale.

wingboy2999
04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
true, but I can smack chicks with it like you won't believe, serioulsy, we're talking halway to the atlantic here folks.

And I'm only 50% whale.

Your mom is 100% whale.

Go Blue
04-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Your mom is 100% whale.
This is the first one that I actually laughed out loud at!

wingboy2999
04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
This is the first one that I actually laughed out loud at!

I'M BACK BABY!!!

jbombul
04-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Your mom is 100% whale.

haha classic wingboy

Spartan4224
04-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Shaun Rogers ate Drew Neitzel . . . that explains Drew's disappearance this season and Shaun's weight.

MMMM GOOODDD!!!!

wingboy2999
04-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Where the hell did that come from?