PDA

View Full Version : Jets targeting 2nd round QB???

princefielder28
03-31-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/03/the-unsettled-futures-of-the-b.html

Joe Flacco seems to be of some interest to the Jets ,and Brohm and Henne may be available come that pick too.

Giving up on Kellen Clemens already???

BeerBaron
03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
i read that they could even be interested in matt ryan if hes there at 6.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/03/31/2008-03-31_woody_johnson_sacks_winnow_talk.html

theyre going to be working him out anyway

derza222
03-31-2008, 11:15 AM
The Jets are just checking out all of their options. They obviously know that their QB situation is not really solid and they don't have any certainty there, so if the right guy comes along I wouldn't be shocked to pull the trigger. But I've seen articles that have us targeting WR, CB, and ILB in the third round so I wouldn't put too much stock into this. Is it possible? Certainly, if they find a guy that they really like and think is better than what we already have. But I don't think they're going to take a guy just for the sake of taking one, especially when lots of very good players that fill needs are going to be there for us at 36.

jetsfan0099
03-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Me personally I like Clemens, but we don't know if hes going to be the guy for years to come. So if they like Flacco and he is there, you take him.

hugegmenfan
03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
From what I saw of Clemens last year, I do not think he showed much promise at all, but they did invest a 2nd round pick on him. I would wait another year to choose a QB from a better class

AlexDown
03-31-2008, 01:21 PM
I would be very surprised to see the Jets take a QB in the first or second round.

Geo
03-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Well, I expect Clemens (and Pennington) to look better this year with a much better offensive line in front of them and maybe a new weapon or two - or at least, Coles and Cotchery healthy.

Let's not forget it was Clemens' first game action of his career.

LonghornsLegend
03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
I just heard Pennington was for certain to not be traded, so with him and Clemens there really isnt room for another 1st or 2nd rd qb...It be pointless to give up on Clemens this early especially since you wont be able to trade him for much, you cant judge a guy's potential and career off the little time he played last year, he looked alot better then Pennington when I saw him play.

asmitty45
03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
They have way more needs than Qb. I think taking another Qb would be a wasted pick

bored of education
03-31-2008, 10:09 PM
They have much more pressing needs!

MetSox17
03-31-2008, 10:54 PM
I think if the Jets can land Gholston they can maybe do what the Browns did this year. A pretty big improvement in record cause they've drastically upgraded their o-line. Like someone said on top, i think they're just covering all their bases.

toonsterwu
04-01-2008, 09:16 AM
From what I saw of Clemens last year, I do not think he showed much promise at all, but they did invest a 2nd round pick on him. I would wait another year to choose a QB from a better class

Next year's class might not be better. It could be potentially be much worse, even if Stafford and Tebow declare (and I still find it funny how people fawn over those 2 already, and I'm a big fan of Stafford).