PDA

View Full Version : A KaneMarko Mock

KaneMarko
03-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Round 1. Jake Long - OT - 6'7" 315 lbs out of Michigan. 50/50 chance of him being there at 5.

Round 2. James Hardy - WR - 6'6" 220 lbs out of Indiana.

Round 3. Charles Godfrey - CB - 6' 207 lbs out of Iowa.

Round 4. Tyvon Branch - CB - 6'0" 204 lbs out of Connecticut.

Round 5 (from Miami for Trent Green) Andre Fluellen - DT - 6'2" 296 lbs out of Florida State.

Round 5. Trae Williams - CB - 5'10" 195 lbs out of South Florida.

Round 6 - Chad Rinehart - OG - 6'5" 320 lbs out of Northern Iowa.

Round 6 (from Tampa for Michael Bennett) . Joe John Finley - TE - 6'6" 260 lbs out of Oklahoma.

Round 7. - BenJarvus Green-Ellis - RB - 5'11" 225 lbs out of Ole Miss.

Round 7. (from NYG for Lawrence Tynes) - James Blair - OG - 6'3" 323 lbs out of Western Michigan.

Undrafted Free Agents
Mario Urrutia - WR - 6'5" 232 lbs out of Louisville.

Louis Holmes - DE - 6'4" 270 lbs out of Arizona.

Jason Shirley - DT - 6'5" 330 lbs out of Fresno State.

King Dunlap - OT - 6'8" 320 lbs out of Auburn.

Doug Legursky - C - 6'3" 310 lbs out of Marshall.

Maurice Purify - WR - 6'3" 224 lbs out of Nebraska.

vidae
03-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Hardy will be a very good WR, so I can't be too upset over that pick, but if Chilo Rachal is there in the 2nd I'd rather we take him.

KaneMarko
03-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Hardy will be a very good WR, so I can't be too upset over that pick, but if Chilo Rachal is there in the 2nd I'd rather we take him.

Rachal was one of the guys I thought about taking there. But I really felt it would be harder to find a potential impact receiver to go opposite of Bowe later in the draft than a guard. So I went with Hardy. I tried to make up for it by taking a couple guards later. Although in my final mock I may substitute one of the guards with a defensive end if I can find one the makes sense for the round since we are kind of thin at defensive end (although I did have us signing Louis Holmes as an UDFA assuming he doesnít get drafted).

T-RICH49
04-01-2008, 09:31 AM
man Hardy, Urrutia and Purify with Bowe, Darling and Webb that could make a nice NBA front court :)

BPhilb
04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Round 1. Jake Long - OT - 6'7" 315 lbs out of Michigan. 50/50 chance of him being there at 5.

Round 2. James Hardy - WR - 6'6" 220 lbs out of Indiana.

Round 3. Charles Godfrey - CB - 6' 207 lbs out of Iowa.

Round 4. Tyvon Branch - CB - 6'0" 204 lbs out of Connecticut.

Round 5 (from Miami for Trent Green) Andre Fluellen - DT - 6'2" 296 lbs out of Florida State.

Round 5. Trae Williams - CB - 5'10" 195 lbs out of South Florida.

Round 6 - Chad Rinehart - OG - 6'5" 320 lbs out of Northern Iowa.

Round 6 (from Tampa for Michael Bennett) . Joe John Finley - TE - 6'6" 260 lbs out of Oklahoma.

Round 7. - BenJarvus Green-Ellis - RB - 5'11" 225 lbs out of Ole Miss.

Round 7. (from NYG for Lawrence Tynes) - James Blair - OG - 6'3" 323 lbs out of Western Michigan.

Undrafted Free Agents
Mario Urrutia - WR - 6'5" 232 lbs out of Louisville.

Louis Holmes - DE - 6'4" 270 lbs out of Arizona.

Jason Shirley - DT - 6'5" 330 lbs out of Fresno State.

King Dunlap - OT - 6'8" 320 lbs out of Auburn.

Doug Legursky - C - 6'3" 310 lbs out of Marshall.

Maurice Purify - WR - 6'3" 224 lbs out of Nebraska.

Nice job overall. I don't see Godfrey being available in round 3 but you never know. I love Branch in the 4th, he's a bit underrated and could help us now. It's still a little thin on the line, but I blame that on our current roster having so many holes and not on your draft.

Hermstheman83
04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I guess my only complaint is about the WR in round 2. I could definately see it as Herm likes Big Wide Recievers. However, I'm assuming that next season Darling or Webb is going to start opposite Bowe. I don't know if he could be a return man, but I would like to see us pick up Devin Thomas in the 3rd for that(and either Chelius or Rachal in the second). I don't think we have any many holes as everyone thinks. I mean, we get a solid O-line and some decent Cb's and we're a playoff caliber team. Overall I think that this draft definately addresses that..Good job man.

T-RICH49
04-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Devin Thomas will not be there in RD 3.He's even projected to go somewhere possibly in RD 1

KaneMarko
04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
man Hardy, Urrutia and Purify with Bowe, Darling and Webb that could make a nice NBA front court :)

Don't forget, Gonzo was a pretty good power forward in his Cal days :-)

KCJ58
04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
i heard Craig Stevens is high Kansas City board

KaneMarko
04-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Nice job overall. I don't see Godfrey being available in round 3 but you never know. I love Branch in the 4th, he's a bit underrated and could help us now. It's still a little thin on the line, but I blame that on our current roster having so many holes and not on your draft.

Yeah, I agree that thereís a good chance Godfrey might be off the board when we pick in the 3rd. But I figured with us picking near the top of every round he could maybe still be there. I guess it depends on when the run on corners starts.

But yeah, this team has so many holes that itís going to take more than this draft to fill them all. I tried to get as many as possible while still adding a little depth in a couple spots. But no matter what happens, weíre still going to need more after the draft.

Branch really shocked me at the combine. He was one of the ones I was really curious to see how he did. I was somewhat expecting him to run in the high 4.4s. But him running a 4.31 was pretty amazing. Especially given his size. Heís a big corner like Herm and Gun like. Plus he has a ton intangibles going for him. Iím really hoping we can snag him. Scott mentioned something about him maybe moving to safety. But I figure with his speed, athleticism and work ethic, he could potentially be a pretty effective corner.

KaneMarko
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I guess my only complaint is about the WR in round 2. I could definately see it as Herm likes Big Wide Recievers. However, I'm assuming that next season Darling or Webb is going to start opposite Bowe. I don't know if he could be a return man, but I would like to see us pick up Devin Thomas in the 3rd for that(and either Chelius or Rachal in the second). I don't think we have any many holes as everyone thinks. I mean, we get a solid O-line and some decent Cb's and we're a playoff caliber team. Overall I think that this draft definately addresses that..Good job man.

Thanks man.

I figured we needed a kick returner of some kind. Thatís one of the reasons I like Trae Williams as I remember reading in one of the draft mags that he has experience returning kicks.

I really liked Jeff Webb coming out of the draft a couple years ago. But to date, he hasnít really done much. Iím still rooting for the kid because I thought he has a lot of raw talent. But in the event that what weíve seen from him is what we get, I wouldnít mind getting another WR. I can see maybe not going after one in the second. But I think at some point it might be a good idea to get at least one more in this draft. Iím not familiar with Darling. Iím assuming heís at best a 3rd receiver type. But maybe he just needs a chance. I donít know.

Hermstheman83
04-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks man.

I figured we needed a kick returner of some kind. Thatís one of the reasons I like Trae Williams as I remember reading in one of the draft mags that he has experience returning kicks.

I really liked Jeff Webb coming out of the draft a couple years ago. But to date, he hasnít really done much. Iím still rooting for the kid because I thought he has a lot of raw talent. But in the event that what weíve seen from him is what we get, I wouldnít mind getting another WR. I can see maybe not going after one in the second. But I think at some point it might be a good idea to get at least one more in this draft. Iím not familiar with Darling. Iím assuming heís at best a 3rd receiver type. But maybe he just needs a chance. I donít know.

Yea, I don't know much about Darling either. I do know that when we picked him up, some fantasy guru(which doesn't mean much) said he'll be a surprise next year..and I get the impression that the Ravens were sad to let him go..all the signs say that was a good pick up, but as you can see. I'm a pretty optimisitic guy.
I like Godfrey, living like 45 minutes away from Iowa City, there's a lot of talk about him. I personally don't think too high of him watching him(a tad bit overrated, I mean, the guys' who say he'll be a steal in the second round also say the Hawks are going to the rose bowl every year).

vidae
04-01-2008, 04:21 PM
I think no matter who we draft at the CB position, they'll probably come in and start. We let Ty Law AND Benny Sapp go, that is a big trouble area as after Surtain our depth is really lacking.

I might be in the minority here, but I really want to see what Bobby Sippio can do. I've said it a few times, but I think he can come in and be our 3rd WR. I'm not entirely sold on Jeff Webb, but truthfully he hasn't had much of a chance to show anything either. We had Samie Parker, Kennison and Bowe, and now only Bowe remains.

This year is going to be an exciting draft for us Chiefs fans because, realistically, a lot of the names that are called might be starters for us next year.

Hermstheman83
04-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Yea, i forgot about him. You see arena football footage of that guy. He's a Bowe-like reciever, big and physical. I would love to see him play. I wonder why he didn't have a chance in the later games when our playoff shots were none..perhaps the coaching staff thinks he's a smuck

BPhilb
04-01-2008, 11:04 PM
I want to see us grab a reciever by round 3. We are just so thin right now that if any of the guys we speak of don't pan out we are in huge trouble. If we can establish one more weapon on the outside whether from our current group or a draft choice it will really open up our offense and likely help our running game. With a young QB you need to surround him with as many weapons as possible. I personally want to see us grab Mario Manningham if he falls to us in round 2. He would be the deep threat playmaker that would really open up the field for Bowe and Gonzo that would make our offense somewhat scary. The guy has a huge bust factor I admit, but he is the type of player I want to roll the dice on to make oppents respect our passing game. That's just me though and I won't argue against anyone who says that a WR that early is a luxery pick for us given the other holes we have.

vidae
04-02-2008, 02:09 AM
I agree that WR is a definite need, but I'd rather snag Earl Bennett in round 3 or later, if he falls that far.

KaneMarko
04-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Yea, I don't know much about Darling either. I do know that when we picked him up, some fantasy guru(which doesn't mean much) said he'll be a surprise next year..and I get the impression that the Ravens were sad to let him go..all the signs say that was a good pick up, but as you can see. I'm a pretty optimisitic guy.
I like Godfrey, living like 45 minutes away from Iowa City, there's a lot of talk about him. I personally don't think too high of him watching him(a tad bit overrated, I mean, the guys' who say he'll be a steal in the second round also say the Hawks are going to the rose bowl every year).

I hope youíre right about Darling. We definitely need another threat outside the numbers. Boweís success last year is probably going to earn him quite a bit of double teamís next year. And Gonzo always gets doubled. So we really need someone on the opposite side to make defenses pay for doubling Gonzo and Bowe. Hopefully Darling is that guy.

I definitely see what youíre saying about Godfrey. My biggest concern with Godfrey is that he sounds like he may be one of those corner/safety tweeners. I think the last thing we need is to draft another safety like Bartee or Warfield (college safeties) and try to make them into big corners. But Godfrey does seem to possess the physical tools to play corner. But does he have the instincts? I donít know. I still like his potential at corner. But thereís always a very fine line between having a lot of potential and actually producing. Guess time will tell.

KaneMarko
04-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I think no matter who we draft at the CB position, they'll probably come in and start. We let Ty Law AND Benny Sapp go, that is a big trouble area as after Surtain our depth is really lacking.

I might be in the minority here, but I really want to see what Bobby Sippio can do. I've said it a few times, but I think he can come in and be our 3rd WR. I'm not entirely sold on Jeff Webb, but truthfully he hasn't had much of a chance to show anything either. We had Samie Parker, Kennison and Bowe, and now only Bowe remains.

This year is going to be an exciting draft for us Chiefs fans because, realistically, a lot of the names that are called might be starters for us next year.

Iím pretty curious about Sippio as well. Didnít really see much of him last year. From what I understand he was a true monster in the arena league. I remember reading something last year about how Neil Smith thanked Carl Peterson for taking Sippio out of the arena league because he was so dominant there. He doesnít strike me as the type that is going to kill defenses with great speed or anything. But it sounds like he has great hands, knows how to use his size, and knows how to get open. Sounds like he may be an ideal possession type chain mover. I hope we see a little more of him next year so we can see what he can do on a much bigger field.

I guess one of the most shocking things for me is the fact that Herm is going into year 3 and has only drafted 1 corner since being here. And that was Marcus Maxey in the 5th round of the 06 draft. As we all know, Maxey flamed out and Iím not even sure heís in the league any more. I know Herm is supposed to be this cornerback guru. But I really hate the idea of trying to build a stable of corners with a bunch of low round/UDFAs like Barksdale, Brackenridge and Patterson. I donít see any of those guys amounting to more than nickel guys at the very best. Iím really hoping that by the end of round 3 we have at least one corner and another one by the end of round 5. Iíd really like to walk out of this draft with 3 corners with 2 of them being strong candidates to start in the next year or so and one maybe being at least a really good nickel prospect. Then after that, if Herm and Gun want to keep someone from the pool of Barksdale, Brackenridge and Patterson as 4th and 5th corners, fine. But I really would like to draft good prospects for corners 1-3 on this roster.