PDA

View Full Version : Let it begin....

terribletowel39
03-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Who wins the division this year?? I know this is gonna be weird but I think the Browns are the favorites to win it. I think the Steelers can beat the Browns but our schedule is too damn brutal. I don't know....It will again be another close race for the title.

PalmerToCJ
03-31-2008, 04:45 PM
I think it's the Steelers to lose.

Can Cleveland back up last year?
Can Cincinnati have health on defense and not let the off field BS bother the team?
Ravens are screwed.

AllDayFootball724
03-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Its between the poops and Steelers. Raven no chance and Cincinnati no D again. I think the browns win it because no team has won the division 2 years in a row.

BaLLiN
03-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Browns IMO, Got Stallworth on O will take pressure off of J Lewis, Winslow, and Edwards. Defense needs to improve though.

niel89
03-31-2008, 09:29 PM
its steelers and the browns for me, with the steelers slightly ahead. the browns played good football last year but we will see if they can do it again. they got some good d-linemen so that will help. they are improving in the trenches and that makes them a lot better.

i dont see next year as a good year for the ravens. no set/good QB, young o-line, ogden probably retiring. they will be helped out with the return of a health Heap, Pryce, McAllister and Rolle, who all missed time. it hurts the ravens d a ton when they lose their corners because they have currently no depth and those backups cant get left on an island when they blitz

DawgBone
04-14-2008, 10:36 PM
The Browns barely lost to the Steelers there 2nd time playing last year by a dropped pass to Edwards. I think they have gotten alot better this year and the Steelers have did nothing but get worse (pre-draft) by losing Faneca.

Bengalsrocket
04-15-2008, 09:16 AM
The thing I love about the AFC north is how unpredictable each team can be when playing each other. I'm not necessarily saying the win / lose columns aren't predictable, but it feels like the competition goes up a notch when two teams in the AFC North face off that you see players who normally are just kinda average really play well.

I'm excited. I think all 4 teams are still in the running. Ravens look kind of screwed because they have so much change going on over there - but they still have a great veteran defense that is capable of stopping any offense. Their only question is how are they going to fill that missing passing game.

Cincinnati is possibly the worst team. We have no run game & no defense. However, we're not completely out - our defense is starting to turn and I feel like we have enough RB's that we can eventually get a running game going. Bengals only need 2-3 starters out of this draft, which isn't bad at all compared to the majority of the teams in this league - our draft will predict our future better.

Browns fixed their O-line last year, and they fixed their D-line this off season. And obviously its very cliche, but football starts on the line. I don't know of Jamal can run full speed this year, but if he does the browns also have a good running game. With their passing game they have stallworth / Edwards / Winslow - and Derek Anderson passing. I think if the browns have trouble this year, it'll be because Derek Anderson isn't performing well.

Steelers are always at least decent. Not much to even say here, still a strong D, still a strong running game, still a strong passing game. They need to address offensive line in this draft or else they risk their passing game.

Looking over it all though, I think every team here is capable of winning the AFC North - which I'm not sure I can say about many other division.

DawgBone
04-16-2008, 09:13 AM
1. Browns
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Ravens

The Bengals have chemistry problems IMO and if they dont clean them up there team will be horible this year. Assuming they get some new found leadership, they have 2 young CB's a safety, Peko, and some healthy LB's to pair with Thurman to make a difference.

Im not sure who or what side of the ball they will draft to improve, but they better get a RB because you cant count on Perry and Irons and if Rudi has the season he had last year, this team cannot be successful in colder months.

If they think that Jones/Anderson will be healthy this year, I think they should wait on an OL in the 1st. I also think that rookie DT's struggle in their rookie seasons. This team might get the most in the short term (to save Lewis job, the future is pointless) out of a RB like Rashard Mendenhall.

IMO

RD1 - Mendenhall - He will push Rudi, give them offense in the cold months, and rookie RB's allways seem to produce and learn the system fast. Instant upgrade for now and later.

In the next couple of rounds I would solidify the DL and OL depth in hopes of finding a starter.

i also forgot to mention Ahmed Brooks who I think once healthy will be on a terror. The Bengals pass rush might be the worst in the league this year however.

The safer pick could have easily been the Steelers, but Im not willing to be conservative in a division that allways surprises.

steelernation77
04-16-2008, 04:10 PM
I think the Browns trades are going to come back to hurt them. Shaun Rodgers has always been considered lazy. In the 3-4 he's going to be asked to take on multiple blockers every snap without the gratification of sacks or many tackles. I just see a guy like him not giving it his all every down. Corey Williams, I guess he'll play DE? He's pretty big for a 3-4 DE and has never played the position before.

The Browns don't have a pick in the first three rounds. That's putting a lot of faith in those trades. I think they're going to regret it.

eliteeagle
04-17-2008, 11:33 PM
if the season started today the browns take the division.... depending on the draft the steelers can overtake them.... i think the ravens and bengals are fighting for 3rd

RoyHall#1
04-18-2008, 10:15 AM
if the season started today the browns take the division.... depending on the draft the steelers can overtake them.... i think the ravens and bengals are fighting for 3rd

Pretty much. Posting to get this in my subscribed threads.

keylime_5
04-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm not sold on us winning it, but the Steelers do have a tougher schedule and they lost their best offensive lineman, with questions remaining at free safety and on the o-line even more so than last year. The Browns defense was the worst I've ever seen it since 1999 last season, so I don't think we'll be nearly as bad especially with Rogers and Williams. I wouldn't sleep on Cincinnati though, even with the trouble with Johnson and losing Henry their offense might explode again if Rudi returns to form. I have the same feeling about Cincy this year that I had about Tampa last year (a feeling Tampa fans called me crazy for when I predicted them to win the NFC South last year). Baltimore wont win the division with Boller or an inexperienced QB, but they could win 8 games easily with their defensive personnel.

Smooth Criminal
04-20-2008, 09:23 PM
For one thing, Faneca wasn't even our best O-lineman last season. He played horribly, either cause he had no motivation or he just had a bad year. I think the signing of Hartwig, as well as the draft hopefully, will help the O-line. Getting Colon to guard and Mahan out of a starting spot should make that unit better instantly. Injuries battered the O-line at the end of the season so hopefully a heathy Starks and Smith can help.

On defense, I see the only hole at FS. Woodley and Timmons are both expected to take starting spots and that should help out our pass rush. Clark played great at FS before getting injured and he is in great shape apparently. I think this defense could be dominant if Clark can come back 100%.

I think the division comes down to the Steelers and the Browns. A few questions on each team and theres not a clear cut winner. Its going to be who can win the heard to head matchups. The Browns are going through a huge mental change as they havn't ever had to play this many primetime games since they came back into the league. Will they be able to handle it and repeat a great season? Their talent says yes but only time will tell.

I'll look toward week two Steelers @ Browns as a huge indicator of who wins this division. Week 17 Browns @ Steelers could be the decider, and I'm glad it in Pittsburgh not in Cleveland for that reason.

eliteeagle
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
ahhh nice job pittsburgh on the draft today.... how could dallas pass on mendenhall and let u guys get him.....

thank god we (hopefully) shored up our D-Line... that mendenhall parker duo is gonna be deadly

Smooth Criminal
04-27-2008, 06:17 PM
The Steelers really did alot to bolster their offense this offseason to pair it up with a defense that I think is better than the defense that was #1 last year. I really believe with these additions the only hole we have is O-line and even that unit will got better with the addition of Hatwig. I'll take Smith-Kemoeatu-Hartwig-Colon-Starks over Smith-Faneca-Mahan-Simmons-Colon anyday.

Should be a great division race. I'm excited for Pittsburgh @ Cleveland week 2

BengalMedic
05-02-2008, 01:11 PM
How's everyone doing ?? New around these parts...

The AFCN has an absolute brutal schedule all the way around from top to bottom...

I still see the Steelers as the team most probable of taking the North this season. They are a well ran and well coached organization that year after year has a better than average draft. Big Ben has his tall receiver in Sweed, but I'm waiting to see how the o-line is going to reload. Maybe a "reasonable" Steelers fan can give some good insight on that one.

The Browns are in a good position to take the North this year as well with the off season additions they have made. Personally I would like to see Quinn get a shot at running that offense, but either way, I think they will have a good season and have a real chance at taking the Division.

The Ravens are definitely a team in a rebuilding phase. New coach, new QB (who's that going to be anyway?) but a defense that still will be able to keep them in games. As much as I have been jealous of the defense the Ravens have been able to field, I just can't see it being enough to make them challenge for the Division this year.

Lastly, my Bengals... I think the offense needs to find a way to get their running game back in line and get Carson some protection. Without the offense putting the points on the board, our defense will have it's hands full. The defense will be improved (Hard not to when you suck) but who knows to what extent ?? Rivers will make a HUGE impact for our LB corps, but there is to much uncertainty with Odell and Ahmed (I like to punch women) Brooks. Hopefully with the addition of Odom and some extra beef in the middle of our D-line will enable a greater pass rush this year. Without an improved pass rush, I expect much of the same from last year. Bottomline though is much of the same was still enough to sweep the Ravens and split with the Browns...

#1- Steelers
#2- Bengals / Browns (To close to call)
#4- Ravens

Mr. Goosemahn
05-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I think the Browns will give the Steelers a run for their money, but in the end Pittsburgh will take the AFC North. Both teams' schedules are brutal, playing against high-scoring offenses like the Colts, Patriots, Cowboys, and Chargers and strong defenses like the Jaguars, Giants, and Titans.

Pittsburgh has one of the best defenses in the league and should therefore be able to stop some of other team's scoring. Offensively, they reloaded with Rashard Mendenhall and Limas Sweed, providing a big bruising back to complement Parker and a deadly tall receiver for Big Ben. The offense will be very interesting to watch.

Cleveland is also a high-scoring offense, but lacks a strong defense. They will simply have to play superbly on the offensive side of the game to beat other offensive-minded teams. Defensivewise, I'm really curious how fast DT Corey Williams, DT Shaun Rogers, and LB Beau Bell adapt and make an impact.

Cincy got three new receivers who will gradually learn from TJ (and maybe 85) to become Carson's new weapons; and if Shaun Alexander signs with them, they too could have a great running game. Defense, however, is still a major issue.

Baltimore seems to be, but isn't, rebuilding. McNair retired, Troy Smith played very little, Kyle Boller is not the answer, Joe Flacco was drafted, Ray Rice will complement Willis McGahee, no stellar WRs are present, the defense really lowered their productivity. Quite frankly, the Ravens' situation, to me, is very, VERY, confusing. They can still, however, surprise.

Prediction:
1. Steelers
2. Browns
3. Bengals
4. Ravens

EdReedUnstoppable
05-04-2008, 01:31 AM
I love that everyone is writing us off!! Keep sleepin on the Ravens!! Acting like we can't win because we don't have a QB, may I remind you we won a superbowl with TRENT FRIGGIN DILFER!!!! We don't need Tom Brady we just need a QB who wont turn the ball over and who can hand off to McGahee/Ross/Rice 40 times a game..........that being said...

1. Pittsburgh
2. Cleveland
3. Cincinnati
4. Baltimore

EdReedUnstoppable
05-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I think the Browns trades are going to come back to hurt them. Shaun Rodgers has always been considered lazy. In the 3-4 he's going to be asked to take on multiple blockers every snap without the gratification of sacks or many tackles. I just see a guy like him not giving it his all every down. Corey Williams, I guess he'll play DE? He's pretty big for a 3-4 DE and has never played the position before.

The Browns don't have a pick in the first three rounds. That's putting a lot of faith in those trades. I think they're going to regret it.

Consider the fact that Rogers played in Detroit also though, it was pretty much a forgone conclusion every year that they would be 6-10. In Cleveland he comes to a young team that is on the rise instead of a team taking WR after WR after WR in the first rd every year with no direction but down........sorry to any Lions fan that reads that just remember Lions are my second favorite team!

BengalMedic
05-05-2008, 07:57 AM
I just realized when looking back at the thread how most people (myself included) talk about how much of a positive impact their rookies are going to make while not allowing that as an option for their rivals. Truth be told, no one knows if the rookies will make any impact at all. I will say that some situations will allow for that possibility to be greater than others, but bottom line is that it is an unknown... Let me revise my thoughts...

Steelers- "IF" Sweed becomes the WR all Steeler fans hope he will be, Big Ben will be VERY happy and that offense will be VERY dangerous. If not, the Steelers might be wondering why they didn't try to add an additional o-lineman.

Browns- "IF" all the offseason moves pan out and Bell turns out to be a beast, the Browns could become a dominant force in the AFCN for years to come. If not, then let the constant reshuffling continue !!!

Ravens- "IF" Flacco comes on to be the stellar franchise QB they so desparately need, the Ravens will be set and the improved offense will make it very difficult for teams to face the Ravens given their still potent defense. If not, they suck again...

Bengals- "IF" Rivers is an animal and all of the stars align perfectly, maybe our defense won't suck so badly and the offense won't have to put up 50 points to win a game !!! The Bengals having a mid range defense is the last thing any team in the AFCN wants to see... However, if they can't find a way to provide some pass rush, it will be over before it starts...

There you go....

StripedWalrus
05-05-2008, 04:16 PM
I love that everyone is writing us off!! Keep sleepin on the Ravens!! Acting like we can't win because we don't have a QB, may I remind you we won a superbowl with TRENT FRIGGIN DILFER!!!! We don't need Tom Brady we just need a QB who wont turn the ball over and who can hand off to McGahee/Ross/Rice 40 times a game..........that being said...

1. Pittsburgh
2. Cleveland
3. Cincinnati
4. Baltimore

Well its the same situation with the Bengals...Everyone is extremely high on Pitt and Cleveland... Apparently some free agent moves make you a Super bowl Contender. Maybe it does...maybe it doesn't. History shows that Free Agency doesn't always build your team the way you want it too. That being said...it can help you get to the next level for a year or two if what you need is sitting right their in free agency. Pittsburgh is all of a sudden a lock in everyones minds to win the AFC north just because they had a seemingly good draft. People write Baltimore out because they moved forward to get Flacco. People also write the Bengals out because they didn't move up to get Ellis.

One thing for sure about the NFL is that you are always a few injuries away from having a 10-6 season or a 6-10 season. You can be a super bowl team one year...return the majority of your starting line-up and not even make the playoffs the next year.

Simply, anyone can win the AFC North....Pittsburgh can go out there and utilize its tools and its new assets and it could win. Pitt could also have a massive O-Line injury fiasco and then Big Ben is running for his life on every play. Baltimore could find that Flacco is a great QB... he gets out there on the field and he lights it up and take the Ravens to the playoffs. Then again he could step out there and be the next Kyle Boller and the team will be searching for the QB answer for another year while they are picking in the top 10 spots. The Cleveland Browns may have made great offseason moves and their Defensive Line acquisitions shut everyone down. Or Shaun Rogers continues being lazy and he is a waste of money. Brady Quinn ends up not being what he is cracked up to be and Derrick Anderson was a one year wonder. Then again they could both be superstars. The Bengals may have found a shut down Lin Backer in Rivers. A team leader, and a great player. Sims may be the DT that they have needed all these years since they didn't get what they needed in Big Daddy, and all those WR they drafted, one might be the next Jerry Rice...then again they might be the next Troy Smith. The DT could be the next Dan Wilkinson, and Rivers may face the same troubles many other Bengals Linebackers face.

Its hard to determine what will happen. Thats why I don't write out anyone. You never know whats going to happen.

terribletowel39
05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Yea except the Browns made the playoffs last year with a crappy D-Line. Big Ben was running for his life all of last season. The Ravens only problem isn't QB. And even if Flacco turns out to be good, how often does a rookie QB do good enough to help out a team. And Bengals weren't even that good last year offensively. You can still throw and run on them. I believe firmly it is between the Brownies and the Steelers. And the Browns will probably win it just because it is guaranteed we lose atleast one game to the Ravens. And we have one of the hardest schedules ever.

RoyHall#1
05-05-2008, 04:43 PM
maybe our defense won't suck so badly and the offense won't have to put up 50 points to win a game !!!

52...... :D

BengalMedic
05-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Yea except the Browns made the playoffs last year with a crappy D-Line. Big Ben was running for his life all of last season. The Ravens only problem isn't QB. And even if Flacco turns out to be good, how often does a rookie QB do good enough to help out a team. And Bengals weren't even that good last year offensively. You can still throw and run on them. I believe firmly it is between the Brownies and the Steelers. And the Browns will probably win it just because it is guaranteed we lose atleast one game to the Ravens. And we have one of the hardest schedules ever.

Hate to point out the obvious, but the Browns didn't make the playoffs last year when all they had to do is beat the lowly Bengals that everyone can throw and run all over...

Everyone points to why so and so is going to make improvements when we actually have no idea. All speculation...

PalmerToCJ
05-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I will say it eats at me that some people are giving the Bengals absolutely no chance. I mean, I COMPLETELY understand saying you don't think we'll make the playoffs... Given the last two years it's very reasonable. It's just the people that act like there's no chance our young defense improves, our coordinator makes a difference, our running backs are actually halfway healthy etc. I'm not into predictions this year so I won't bother.

Smooth Criminal
05-18-2008, 05:28 PM
No one will write off the Bengals once the season starts. They have alot of talent on both sides of the ball. Their defensive problems were caused by the amount of injuries they had last year. Not that they're great on defense, but they definately are strong enough to get into the playoffs.

And on offense, it looks like they'll have a strong run game and they still have Palmer so they'll be good passing. Only wildcard is what effect CJ will have on the team if he doesn't play.

Yung Flippa
05-18-2008, 05:37 PM
If Kyle Boller Starts:
1) Steelers
2) Browns
3) Ravens
4) Bengals

If The One and Only Troy Smith Starts:
1) Steelers
2) Ravens
3) Browns
4) Bengals

So obviously, Troy Smith needs to start!!!

dbro
05-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Is Troy Smith that good, or did he grew during minicamp so he can see over the line

1. Browns
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Bengals

BeerBaron
05-18-2008, 05:40 PM
If Kyle Boller Starts:
1) Steelers
2) Browns
3) Ravens
4) Bengals

If The One and Only Troy Smith Starts:
1) Steelers
2) Ravens
3) Browns
4) Bengals

So obviously, Troy Smith needs to start!!!

im not so sure the difference between boller and smith is that much....

im thinking 2 scenarios:

If the Brownies don't disappoint:
1-Steelers/Browns (at around 10-6)
2-Steelers/Browns
3-Bengals (between 6-10 and 8-8, dont trust their D)
4-Ravens

If the Brownies disappoint:
1-Steelers (at around 10-6)
2-Bengals/Browns (at around 8-8)
3-Bengals/Browns
4-Ravens

just not feeling the ravens next year...

Yung Flippa
05-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Is Troy Smith that good, or did he grew during minicamp so he can see over the line

1. Browns
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Bengals

Troy Smith is the best QB to ever walk onto a football field. He only slipped in the draft because teams didn't want to risk having their defense's confidence getting crushed during practice.

dbro
05-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Ok i will remeber never to ask you a question again

BeerBaron
05-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Troy Smith is the best QB to ever walk onto a football field. He only slipped in the draft because teams didn't want to risk having their defense's confidence getting crushed during practice.

troy smith is so good theyre confident he'll make every other player on the team better so they drafted a QB in the first just to keep him away from their opponents....not that itd matter if they got him anyway because troy would still slaughter them

Yung Flippa
05-18-2008, 10:45 PM
The commissioner has sent the following message to The Baltimore Ravens Front Office, stating:

"If your organization decides to name Troy Smith your starting Quarterback, the league will be forced to take action. We have credible evidence that Mr. Smith is without one of the greatest football players to walk onto the field and are aware of the horror/nightmares that he puts toward opposing defenses. The league will handle this possible situation without hesitation. Your organization will suffer a heavy fine, around $25,000, for each defensive player that Troy Smith will embarrass as a result of him taking the field. We are confident that your organization will cooperate with the league and prevent Troy Smith from exposing defenses."

Straight from the commissioner's office. Everyone is aware that he is a lock take Baltimore to the Super Bowl. Ozzie better start raising money because Troy has a tendency to humiliate corners, safeties, linebackers, defensive lineman and even the waterboy.

LonghornsLegend
05-28-2008, 02:23 AM
When are you going to realize the future is Joe Flacco? I know its tough, but at some point you have to have that heart to heart with your Troy Smith 'fat head' poster :D

BengalMedic
05-28-2008, 07:51 AM
I loved Troy Smith as a Buckeye QB, but he has done about as much as Akili Smith at this point... NOTHING !!! I would really like to see him get some time in, but in the long run, he's going to be nothing more than a backup.

I still love seeing everyone putting the Bengals in last !!!

Race for the Heisman
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM
If the Brown start out bad (tough opening stretch), does anyone else potentially see it snowballing into something a lot worse (like 5-11)?

Smooth Criminal
08-27-2008, 10:33 AM
The Browns start out with a very hard part of their schedule. I can see it possible they start out 0-2 and add that to the Anderson injury and they could be in for a long year. Quinn hasn't looked like the QB Anderson did last year.

5-11 is too low. I'd say 6-10 is the floor for this team. To much talent to do any worse than that.

Ravens1991
08-29-2008, 05:34 AM
looks like the Ravens may just be last in the division :(

brat316
08-29-2008, 06:04 AM
I want the Steelers to win the division, but that schedule is crazy and its not like the O-line is great, they go up against the cowboys who got 46 sacks last year. I wouldn't be suprised if the O-line losses the Steelers a few key games, and making them finish second. The defense is going to have to score some key points this year. I have a bad feeling that the Steelers will finish second in the division.

Bengalsrocket
08-30-2008, 06:22 AM
I want the Steelers to win the division, but that schedule is crazy and its not like the O-line is great, they go up against the cowboys who got 46 sacks last year. I wouldn't be suprised if the O-line losses the Steelers a few key games, and making them finish second. The defense is going to have to score some key points this year. I have a bad feeling that the Steelers will finish second in the division.

I still feel like the Steelers will wrap it up this year. To good of a defense to lose the division over an O-line. If anything, you guys will get close to 6 easy wins off the rest of the division. I know people are hyping the browns up lately, but I still don't think they have enough in them to take down Pittsburgh yet.

PalmerToCJ
08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
The AFCN has gone downhill in a hurry.

Until someone proves they can outdo the Steelers, I won't pick against them but they're definitely vulnerable.

I could very easily see 9-7 winning the division.

j05son
09-01-2008, 12:04 AM
The Browns start out with a very hard part of their schedule. I can see it possible they start out 0-2 and add that to the Anderson injury and they could be in for a long year. Quinn hasn't looked like the QB Anderson did last year.

5-11 is too low. I'd say 6-10 is the floor for this team. To much talent to do any worse than that.

You do realize that it's preseason and last year Derek Anderson couldn't beat out Charlie Frye in preseason [had a flat out awful TC/PS and was forced into the rotation by the pitiful play of Charlie Frye]. Your not comparing the same thing. You can't compare 2 preseason starts with a lot of the first team out with injuries and compare it to Anderson's in season [after he had the horrible TC/PS that year]. You can't compare apples to oranges.

Smooth Criminal
09-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm judging Quinn from what we've seen of him. And he didn't look like a great Qb at all.

Now that doesn't mean that he won't have a good season if he gets playtime because as you pointed out, it is the preseason, but you can only judge the guy from what weve seen.

Anderson is supposed to get the nob this week anyway so we shouldn't see much of Quinn this year if Anderson can stay healthy.

j05son
09-03-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm judging Quinn from what we've seen of him. And he didn't look like a great Qb at all.

Now that doesn't mean that he won't have a good season if he gets playtime because as you pointed out, it is the preseason, but you can only judge the guy from what weve seen.

Anderson is supposed to get the nob this week anyway so we shouldn't see much of Quinn this year if Anderson can stay healthy.

Yeah, but we were also plagued with injuries all pre-season. When the best target Quinn had the majority of the snaps [Wilson] was cut, that is going a little far. Plus we didn't have our full ground game either.

BigDawg819
09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Carson fears Zbikowski!!!!!!!!!!

AkiliSmith
09-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Carson fears Zbikowski!!!!!!!!!!

He is inactive...

BigDawg819
09-07-2008, 02:30 PM
He is inactive...

Negative sir, learn your players. #28 who has crushed Carson twice is Zbi!

EdReedUnstoppable
09-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Im So Happy A Raven I Like Finally Wears #28!!!!!

Zbi Jerseys All Around!!!!!

Ravens1991
09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I love Zib and want his jersey. Today I picked up a Jared Gaither stitched for $55. It was a real deal.

Smooth Criminal
09-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm suprised the Ravens won today. Says alot about the bengals D that they didnt get a sack or INT today. This isn't exactly a power packed offense they faced.

Good win for the Ravens and start for Flacco

niel89
09-08-2008, 02:04 AM
I'm suprised the Ravens won today. Says alot about the bengals D that they didnt get a sack or INT today. This isn't exactly a power packed offense they faced.

Good win for the Ravens and start for Flacco

im surprised too. the D was dominant today.

Smooth Criminal
09-08-2008, 08:10 AM
I didn't get to see the game cause I was at the Steelers game, but the stat line impressed me. Palmer and Perry were completely shut down.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah and if it weren't for some calls and the wideouts not helping Flacco at times this could have easily been a 31-3 game. The score doesn't justify how much Baltimore and their defense in particular dominated this game. I was completely shocked.

BengalMedic
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Agree 100%, the score could have EASILY been far greater than what it was. Flacco did well managing the game and the mistakes he did make weren't costly. Those are things I suspect will come to him. Good for him and props to the Ravens defense.

My Bengals looked pathetic and has no business being in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter. I would love to chalk it up to play calling, young defense, or name your excuse, but the fact is, they got out played and out coached. They deserved to lose that game.

Maybe next week. Maybe not...

Smooth Criminal
09-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Bengals looked horrible on all fronts. If they arn't gonna win games with the offense, they arn't gonna win many at all. Palmer can't play like that it the Bengals want more than 5 wins.

Bengalsrocket
09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Bengals looked horrible on all fronts. If they arn't gonna win games with the offense, they arn't gonna win many at all. Palmer can't play like that it the Bengals want more than 5 wins.

TBH, its hard to blame Palmer 100%. He got sacked twice on the bengals first offensive series and it never seemed to let up. And past that, TJ and CJ had very little pratice with Palmer this off-season.

That Baltimore defense did really really well. They brought pressure at the right times and had good coverage.

Right now, we just got out played. And I'm thinking we're looking at a possibly 6 win season or lower. But I doubt this game gives any insight as to how Palmer and that offense will run this year.

BigDawg819
09-09-2008, 11:13 PM
He is inactive...

Willis McGahee was indeed active and dressed for the game but did not take a snap. Way to be "that" guy.........

Smooth Criminal
09-10-2008, 02:38 PM
This is the week the Steelers take control of the division.

I can't wait until sunday night.

BigDawg819
09-10-2008, 04:32 PM
This is the week the Steelers take control of the division.

I can't wait until sunday night.

We got the Texans and with a win we're 2-0 as well. ;)

Smooth Criminal
09-11-2008, 02:04 PM
The Steelers have a shot to make history on sunday

They currently own a 9 game win streak over the Browns, a win on sunday night would be the longest active win streak over another team.

Basically proving what we already know. No team owns another team like the Steelers own the Browns.

dcarey20
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
The Ravens defense wasn't just good...it was absolutely ridiculous. Cinci had no clue what to do, it honestly may have been one of the best single game defensive performances I've seen us have (at least since the Super Bowl season).

Ravens1991
09-11-2008, 02:39 PM
yes it was good, I really like what Harbaugh is doing. I know I will get a lot of crap for saying this from ERU and BigDawg but I like what he has done so far I think he will make a fine HC. He seems to be a team 1st kind of coach. I dont think if he was around during the time McGahee was being shoped in BUF he wouldnt have wanted him. I was wrong I thought Ray and the U would keep McGahee training through the summer but that didnt happen.

Bengalsrocket
09-11-2008, 03:20 PM
The Ravens defense wasn't just good...it was absolutely ridiculous. Cinci had no clue what to do, it honestly may have been one of the best single game defensive performances I've seen us have (at least since the Super Bowl season).

Palmer had absolutely zero idea who was blitzing and who was dropping back into coverage. Add that onto his receiver and offensive line playing terrible and I think it might just have been one of the most miserable things I've ever seen watching the Bengals (outside of an injury happening to one of our players).

I think Ravens knock off the Texans and we start a 2 way division race between Pittsburgh and Baltimore. While I think the Steelers win the division, I am highly doubting its one of those 9-7 situations like everyone has been hyping up this off season.

And I know this is a little bold and maybe a little to early to start thinking about but, I'm thinking the Steelers go 12-4ish and ravens then may have a chance to slide into the wild card.

However, I think the Ravens would need a few miracles here and there to close out some games that look tough on their schedule.

Either way, it'll be an interesting season in the AFC North!

Ravens1991
09-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I really dont think we have a shot at the playoffs, no offense to Bengals fans but their D sucks, we know our D will be good but our O still has a lot of questions if we want to contend for the wild card this season. I think it a couple of years if Flacco gets some WR weapons and Ozzie still keeps his touch w/ finding D players we will be good.

Bengalsrocket
09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I really dont think we have a shot at the playoffs, no offense to Bengals fans but their D sucks, we know our D will be good but our O still has a lot of questions if we want to contend for the wild card this season. I think it a couple of years if Flacco gets some WR weapons and Ozzie still keeps his touch w/ finding D players we will be good.

Our offense sucked too, and it still doesn't change my opinion. you guys have 1 half of the puzzle, and you'll exploit other teams with it.

Texans - W, I think you guys can overthrow schaub with that defense.
Browns - W, your D beats out an offense thats not in sync atm, and your O can fight a defense that might arguably be worse than the bengals.
Steelers - L, they're on fire sorry.
Titans - L, I think you'll actually win this game, but most people won't agree with my reasoning.
Colts - L, Manning :P
Dolphins - W, Pennington is one of the smartest QB's in the league, but as long as your D remains as good as it is then they really have no shot.
Raiders - W, Al Davis has no idea what he's doing. No reason to even argue talent here yet.
Browns - W, again same reasons as week 3.
Giants - L, Eh I don't think your defense can win this game for you, but its not impossible.
Eagles - L, McNabb doesn't get flustered as easy imo - and they have a good D to fall back on.
Bengals - W, unless something huge changes between now and then, then its a no brainer here.
Redskins - W, Jason Campbell has zero idea what he's doing atm, and its not helping matters that they keep changing offenses on a young guy like that. Their only real threat is portis and we know the ravens D is great at stopping the run.
Steelers - L, same reasons as week 4.
Cowboys - L, lots of talent.
Jags - W, if you can stop fred taylor and mojo-drew, then you can stop the jags.. right now anyways.

So if I was correct on all of those, you guys would be 8-8. That's not exactly wild card material in the AFC, but like I said before if you had a couple miracles to win some of those tougher games, then you wouldn't be far off.

Edit: I'll always reserve my right to change my opinion next week. My only point is if things continue the way they are and your team develops at the same rate as every other team then i think you have a shot at the wildcard.

Ravens1991
09-11-2008, 04:44 PM
we usually split w/ Pittsburgh, I think we can take one which will make us 9-7. I think we will have around 7 wins, but have good showing for the future. But it is crucial in the draft of FA we get Flacco a #1 target, we have 4 good #2 or #3 targets just not a true #1.

WinslowEdwards19
09-11-2008, 09:24 PM
The Steelers have a shot to make history on sunday

They currently own a 9 game win streak over the Browns, a win on sunday night would be the longest active win streak over another team.

Basically proving what we already know. No team owns another team like the Steelers own the Browns.

It won't happen, Shaun Rogers is literally going to toss the center and guard both over his shoulders, and proceed to pile-drive Big Ben. Literally.

Smooth Criminal
09-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Right before he takes every other play off?

Rodgers wont be a big factor at all. Mahan isn't a Steeler anymore.

AkiliSmith
09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Willis McGahee was indeed active and dressed for the game but did not take a snap. Way to be "that" guy.........

What are you talking about? The discussion was about Zbikowski, nowhere did I mention McGahee. Way to follow the conversation.

Someone said, "Zbi is killing Palmer"

I said, "He is inactive." Because I read he was inactive in an article posted the morning of the game. Zbikowski's number was listed as 25 on nfl.com, and 28 was the one pressuring Palmer.

You then decide to neg rep me because I don't know who is active or inactive on the opposite team.

WinslowEdwards19
09-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Right before he takes every other play off?

Rodgers wont be a big factor at all. Mahan isn't a Steeler anymore.

Are you kidding me? Rodgers is by far our best defensive player that we have, and a top DT in the NFL.

I guarantee you that he will be a factor, and have his way with Hartwig.

BigDawg819
09-12-2008, 03:22 PM
What are you talking about? The discussion was about Zbikowski, nowhere did I mention McGahee. Way to follow the conversation.

Someone said, "Zbi is killing Palmer"

I said, "He is inactive." Because I read he was inactive in an article posted the morning of the game. Zbikowski's number was listed as 25 on nfl.com, and 28 was the one pressuring Palmer.

You then decide to neg rep me because I don't know who is active or inactive on the opposite team.

My apologies I meant Zbikowski and yes he was indeed active. Your ignorance is astounding in this debate. Zbi is number 28 on our defense and off hand I recall twice him hitting Palmer. So in regards to you being WRONG and me being RIGHT you so deserved the negative rep!

WinslowEdwards19
09-12-2008, 03:24 PM
My apologies I meant Zbikowski and yes he was indeed active. Your ignorance is astounding in this debate. Zbi is number 28 on our defense and off hand I recall twice him hitting Palmer. So in regards to you being WRONG and me being RIGHT you so deserved the negative rep!

How is Zbikowski doing anyway? I've been wondering, I really wanted the Browns to draft him because of our lack of depth in the Secondary.

Cribbs>Hester
09-12-2008, 03:30 PM
After that pathetic showing last week I wouldn't be surprised if it played out like this:

1. Pittbsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cincinnati
4. Cleveland

Ravens1991
09-12-2008, 03:32 PM
How is Zbikowski doing anyway? I've been wondering, I really wanted the Browns to draft him because of our lack of depth in the Secondary.

He is doing good. He is a special teams monster and I think if Landry wants to much $ this off-season IDC if we dont re-sign him and put Zbi next to Reed, I think Zbi can be a good player.

WinslowEdwards19
09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
After that pathetic showing last week I wouldn't be surprised if it played out like this:

1. Pittbsburgh
2. Baltimore
3. Cincinnati
4. Cleveland

Bro, we played the best team in the NFL and got whooped, it's not like we had an 18 point loss to the Raiders.

WinslowEdwards19
09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
He is doing good. He is a special teams monster and I think if Landry wants to much $ this off-season IDC if we dont re-sign him and put Zbi next to Reed, I think Zbi can be a good player.

Yeah, Landry is solid, but I'm sure Zbi can be just as good if not better.

Ravens1991
09-12-2008, 03:49 PM
With Reed being hurt I wish Zbi would get some playing time, but him and Landry are the same player preety much. If we do re-sign Landry it creates a big position battle and Zbi will be a good special teamer.

WinslowEdwards19
09-12-2008, 04:18 PM
With Reed being hurt I wish Zbi would get some playing time, but him and Landry are the same player preety much. If we do re-sign Landry it creates a big position battle and Zbi will be a good special teamer.

Oh yeah, how do you feel about Flacco? He seems pretty similar to Anderson, but that might just be the whole being 6'6" thing..

Cribbs>Hester
09-12-2008, 05:15 PM
It doesn't matter. We're still soft. We can't tackle, we're affraid to hit, we have no pass rush and everyone is getting "hurt" because we're a soft team with a soft leader. We have piss poor coaching and piss poor leadership from our head coach. Our quarterback has never once had a good game against a Top defense, our wideouts are afraid to get hit so they just drop passes...or just drop out of the game completely just minutes before. Cincinnati at least has a legit QB who can be a decent leader. Baltimore at least has a good defense and the both of them have easier schedules than us, and well Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh is just plan better, faster, more physical, better coached, more experience, more prepared and simply going to kick our teeth in both times.

The only real tough guys on the entire team are Kellen Winslow, Jamal Lewis and Joe Thomas. The rest are a bunch of softies with no attitude, no hunger and no will to be great.

Until we find 7 pissed off guys with a nasty attitude on the field who want to punish offensive lineman who get in their way, running backs who cross their path, recievers running in the middle of the field and put a hurting on quarterbacks then this team is never going to win a championship of any kind.

WinslowEdwards19
09-12-2008, 05:46 PM
You really need to relax a bit, I agree that Romeo is pansy, but saying none of our guys want to play? Come on man. Pittsburgh is the only team that is better in our division, wait till after this week to judge the team, it was only the first week. I think I remember at the beginning of the '03 season the Patriots were beat 34-0 by the Bills? The season isn't over, support your team and cheer them on.

BigDawg819
09-12-2008, 06:32 PM

Jim Leonard is a beast, that is all!

Cribbs>Hester
09-12-2008, 06:42 PM
I'll relax when this pathetic excuse of a franchise gives me a reason for hope.

Sad thing is I believe it has way more to do with coaching than it does our actual talent on the team. Romeo has been riding the coat tails of real great coaches like BB and Bill Parcells for years. He has always been a failure without them and this time around is no different. He has too much control of this team as far as personal, subsitutions, and the defensive schemes, stratagies, and play calls. He needs to ******* back off and let Mel Tucker do what he is being payed to do.

Ravens1991
09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh yeah, how do you feel about Flacco? He seems pretty similar to Anderson, but that might just be the whole being 6'6" thing..

He was a pure game manager against CIN, but he showed good poise and he has the ability to move around in the pocket or take a 38 yard to the house :). I was impressed because he does have the tools and he showed he has poise. We need to get him a true #1 in the draft that can be his go to guy. I hope he just game manages until he actually gets a #1 WR, we have about 3-4 good #2/#3 WRs. I know he is going to have his lumps and WTF plays since he is a rookie. I am excited for his potential.

PoopSandwich
09-14-2008, 02:26 AM
I love how everyone treats week one of the season like it IS the season...

The Browns played quite possibly the most talented team in the league with syndric steptoe as their second receiver and Braylon having easily his worst game as a pro.

Based off of week one I'd say Micheal Turner is gonna break the single season rushing record, the Eagles are gonna beat every team by 35, the Raiders and Rams won't win a game, the Ravens and Steelers will go 15-1 each only losing to each other once and I bet Aaron Rodgers leads the Packers to a super bowl.

Smooth Criminal
09-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Funny part of that post is,

Week 2, when you play one of the most talented teams in the league, with syndric steptoe as your #2 receiver. You team isn't getting anything back, other than an injured Cribbs. The Steelers offense is going to dominate.

Can we judge an 0-2 Browns team or do we have to wait for more? I think I warned everyone that the Browns were grossly overrated.

Cribbs>Hester
09-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Pathetic. Fire that fat pile of garbage and break Derek Anderson's throwing arm, shoulder, hand, and each individual finger. ******* D-Bag.

BigDawg819
09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Well at least Browns fans know what players actually play in the game unlike certain people in this thread who can't bother to read a box score, watch a game, or just cry in pm's like an Internet Tough Guy. :rolleyes:

Smooth Criminal
09-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Looks like Romeo likes losing to the Steelers. He blew the Browns shot at winning with his awful time management.