PDA

View Full Version : Draftguys TV Profiles Kerry Brown, OG, Appalachian State

Sigmund Bloom
03-31-2008, 05:16 PM
http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---kerry-brown---og?autoplay=true

Ok, I just had to post this one to see what this group thought of Brown. I knew Brown was good, but I didn't expect him to be as dominant as what we saw in El Paso. He's strong, he's athletic, he's got a mean streak, and he's clearly got his head on straight.

Also in some ways this profile - along with Dexter Jackson ( http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---dexter-jackson---wr?autoplay=true ) and our upcoming Corey Lynch profile - is a tribute to the 3 time national champs - forget making history, this team is making a legacy.

bored of education
03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Always liked your post Bloom. Nice video. I think Brown could be had in the 4th round or so kid is solid, smart, and tough son of a gun. May have faced weak competition but I heard he dominated in El paso.

I like the Molden profile. He is one of my favorite prospects

Sigmund Bloom
03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Molden and Brown are two great examples of how Texas Vs The Nation is getting good talent - last I heard the Hula Bowl was in questionable shape, so that game could take a real step up very soon.

Scott Wright
03-31-2008, 09:32 PM
I am a big fan of Brown. He was my #1 Combine snub and had him as the #1 prospect during my halftime appearance of the Texas vs. The Nation game. I would definitely start looking at him in round four or five.

SKim172
03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Same. I got Brown tabbed ever since the Michigan game. I suck at evaluating linemen, so the fact that I even noticed him means something. He played for a dominant program which probably could've been a Top 25 contender had it played in I-A. Plus, he's got the mobility of a tackle - you have to when you're blocking for App State. With some time to adjust to the pro game and maybe some refinement of technique, he could be big.

MidwayMonster31
03-31-2008, 11:31 PM
He definitely has all the stuff, both physically and mentally. He also looks like a true guard. The only question is how well he adjusts to the pro-game. He could skyrocket up boards late in the process.

VoteLynnSwan
03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Same. I got Brown tabbed ever since the Michigan game. I suck at evaluating linemen, so the fact that I even noticed him means something. He played for a dominant program which probably could've been a Top 25 contender had it played in I-A. Plus, he's got the mobility of a tackle - you have to when you're blocking for App State. With some time to adjust to the pro game and maybe some refinement of technique, he could be big.

no i don't think there's anyway APP State would be a top 25 contender in I-A football...

SKim172
04-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Hey, they did something that 9 BCS teams couldn't. Four of those nine ended up in bowl games. I think if last season proved anything, it's that parity has finally caught up to college football - there's a bigger talent pool, a wider variety of offenses and defenses, and fewer scholarships. Some teams get a better matchup in games you wouldn't think they would. And few teams dominated opponents like App State did last season. Imagine if they had 85 scholarships instead of 63 and played for a I-A conference. I think they would've been competitive.

I guess we'll get an idea of how well they would've done when they open the season against LSU in '08. If they keep it close, it'd be admirable.

Is this the first time a I-A champion will be playing the I-AA champion the following season? It's kinda like a plus-one. Maybe the D2 and D3 teams should weigh in on this. Heck, bring in the Canadians too. Let 'em all duke it out :)

Sigmund Bloom
04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
On the FCS vs BCS debate - Brown sort of addresses this in his question of why he turned down bigger programs for App State - of course App State has to be the most attractive FCS program, but still, I think the FCS programs can attract players with things like promises of stability in the program, playing time, and patience (you arent just going to be swept aside for next year's recruits if you get hurt or otherwise don't start strong) - Another player we profiled who I will start a thread on soon - Josh Johnson - also chose FCS and stayed in FCS even when he had the chance to move up.

Smokey Joe
04-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I really like Brown, and I think he could sneak up into the upper portion of round 3. Some teams are probably going to fall in love with him.

Who would you compare him to in the NFL? The first name that comes to mind for me is Alan Faneca. They both are about the same size, and both have that aggressive, nasty, relentless style.