PDA

View Full Version : Could Chase Ortiz be a 3-4 ILB?

TNPatsFan
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Still trying to find good ILB prospects for my Pats, who need some serious help at the position. I'm thinking Ortiz has good size, strength, and motor to move there and probably not fast enough to be an OLB. Any thoughts? If you think he could do it, what round would he go in?

Mr. Stiller
04-01-2008, 01:02 PM
He's slower than Spencer Larsen. There's better options available where he'd be..

Larsen, Leman, so on.

I think he's a strict 4-3 SDE backup/St'er. Great motor.

TheChandlerFlash
04-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Have the Patriots considered doing this or is it just something your pulling out of your butt? Because I know they did it with Bruschi, well Bruschi was a DT but you know what I mean.

And no, Ortiz isn't good laterally and isn't very versatile so I don't see him fitting with the PATS.

YAYareaRB
04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Dan Connor could play ILB in the 3-4. If you're looking for later rounds guy Leman for sure. Larsen. Vince Hall even.

goodlookin
04-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Bruce Davis, Beau Bell, Goff, Moffit...maybe even Jolon Dunbar...none of those really excite me though, Leman should be the pick if it is addressed

TNPatsFan
04-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I apologize for the confusion guys. Let me clarify.

I'm not asking for suggestions on who are good ILB's. I'm simply asking for opinions on Chase Ortiz because I haven't seen much of him and I'm trying to find out more from those who are familiar with him. Thanks much.