PDA

View Full Version : Antwaun Molden

foozball
04-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Where is his stock right now? Can anyone give me a more detailed scouting report? Does his lack of productivity before this year hurt him any?

toonsterwu
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
His stock is generally considered in that 3rd-4th range. Some have him lower, some have him higher. I think he could still make it into the late 2nd. There was another thread, so this should get merged into that one. Short report: He's a physical corner with obvious athletic gifts. He can man up and has shown developing instincts. Ability to cover quick WR's for an extended route is debatable, but let's be honest, you don't ask these big WR's to cover the Wes Welker's of the world for all that long. I don't think his lack of productivity hurts him.

kiranadwaney
04-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Mike Mayock said he would go in the 2nd. He is a big and quick corner

D-Rod
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I was about to post in this thread: countdown til Toonster responds, since Moldin is one of his favourites. Then I saw that he had responded within three minutes of the OP. Impressive.

Is there some kind of bat signal that goes up when one of your faves is mentioned, Toon?

Let's try: Breno Giacomini, Breno Giacomini, Breno Giacomini... ;)

MasterShake
04-02-2008, 09:49 AM
His name rhymes with Anquan Boldin....how could he be bad?

Crickett
04-02-2008, 10:04 AM

I can only assume he will be a pro bowler based on this alone.

Sigmund Bloom
04-02-2008, 10:24 AM
We were sold on Molden after watching him at the Texas Vs The Nation game - check him out for yourself:

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---antwaun-molden---cb?autoplay=true

He is definitely a good humble kid, and he was as dominant as a top 100 pick should be against the competition in El Paso. He would have easily fit in at the Shrine Game and Senior Bowl.

toonsterwu
04-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Molden quote

‘‘That’s one opportunity you don’t get in life,’’ Molden said of the combine experience. ‘‘When you get it, you have to take advantage of it. I was well prepared. I was happy with my performance. Right now I’m hearing second or third (round).’’

http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/page/content.detail/id/503465.html

Btw, I keep on hearing about how Mayock likes him on forums. Did he say this on TV only? Or is there a link somewhere (considering I don't have nflnetwork)

As for Breno Giacomini, that's much more of an upside/potential intrigue than Molden, so I probably won't jump on starting a thread.

fenikz
04-02-2008, 11:06 AM

I think the Cardinals should draft him in the 4th if he is available, 2 CBs out of this class would give us good depth at the position

Hawk
04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
I think the Cardinals should draft him in the 4th if he is available, 2 CBs out of this class would give us good depth at the position

Yeah, then in their practices they could have Antwaun Molden covering Anquan Boldin

Crickett
04-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, then in their practices they could have Antwaun Molden covering Anquan Boldin

If this happened, the universe would implode.

boulder
04-02-2008, 01:09 PM
toonster, if you go to nfl.com they have clips from their draft shows with Mayock almost everyday. The other day he was comparing Molden and DRC, they had their measureables and some video.

toonsterwu
04-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Okay. I check everyday. Must of missed that video. Thanks.

FLORIDA PACKER
04-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Honestly He seems like a Ted Thompson kind of guy, I wouldn't be surprised a bit bit to see one of Greenbay's 2nds used on him

foozball
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
i could see houston taking him in the 3rd if hes there

toonsterwu
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
mini grave dig i guess, but there's a particular reason.

Over on draftdaddy (and I only post this knowing the close relationship Scott has with them), there's this blurb

Eastern Kentucky cornerback Antwaun Molden is now in round one on a few teams' boards

Now, I'll be the first to say that when I threw him in the first in a mock a few mocks ago, it was more out of laziness than anything. Huge fan, but I didn't really buy first round.

I'm mini-gravedigging this because I know Bitonti posts here with some consistency know, at least the last few days. Certainly, their sources are their own, but I would be very curious to see if any more information was given on Molden to DD.

LonghornsLegend
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
His stock keeps improving, it was just a 4th/5th round level not that long ago, but like godfrey he is rising...Im really high on him though, and I dont think a 3rd is too high for him, but in the 2nd guys like Porter, Lee, King, Flowers, Godfrey should all go before him...Id be hard pressed to see him jump one of these guys but it certainly is possible.

toonsterwu
04-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Personally, I'd take him over Godfrey (more fluid for man coverage), Porter (more well-rounded while still having top level athleticism), Lee (more fluid and I think Molden has better instincts), King (more consistent than King). Flowers is ready to step in and help now. That said, I'll stick with what I've said before ... DRC in the first or Molden later? I'd take Molden.

SKim172
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Some teams may have him at first-round value, but his draft stock would be second at best - it's not just what you think, it's what everyone else thinks.

I like Molden, and I agree that if I could take DRC in the first or Molden in a later round, I'll go with Molden. Not just because Molden is a solid prospect, but DRC is a little overrated, in my mind - as a small-school corner, he has legitimate questions about his ability to play in the pros, which should knock him down a little, but won't. But Molden is another strong small-school corner and you'll get him for cheap.

bored of education
04-10-2008, 09:46 PM
one of my favorite prospects!

JagHombre22
04-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Jaguars have scheduled him for a visit here in the next week....interesting...

eagles nut
04-11-2008, 08:51 PM
A lot of teams have had or will have him in for visits.

Workout with Cleveland

Visits with Patriots, Jaguars, Bengals, Philly, Giants, Steelers

bored of education
04-11-2008, 09:07 PM
He reminds me of Michael Coe/Mathis type prospect..could be a real sleeper. I have discussed him for months now. You're welcome.

scottyboy
04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
he's the kinda guy that'd fit well for the Giants in Spags' system. Not sure I buy the creeping to some teams 1st round part, but if he's there in the 2nd, the Giants would probably give him a damn good look(depending on our round 1 pick of course)