PDA

View Full Version : Guys that should go higher...

AaronGrayisKing
04-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Guys you think should go higher than they will go.

I want to put my stamp on a couple guys.

John Sullivan C Notre Dame - Could start Day 1 and will eventually be a pro bowler

Beau Bell ILB/OLB UNLV - I like him better as a Mike, but either way this guy will be a starter for a long time

Patrick Lee CB Auburn/Terrell Thomas CB USC - Both these guys will be starters in the NFL

Chad Henne QB Mich - You either love him or hate him... I'm in the love category

DJ Hall WR Alabama/Jordy Nelson WR KSU - I feel that most WR need a good system to thrive but both these guys will be solid NFL Players. I like Jordy better that Hall though.

Matt Forte RB Tulane - Reminds me of Eddie George and I think we'll agree Eddie had a nice career.

Carl Nicks OT Nebraska - Starting year 2 but won't give up the spot for a long long time

Trevor Laws DT Notre Dame - I like laws for any system, any team, anytime.

Dre Moore DT Maryland and Nick Hayden DT Wisc - I don't like them as much as Laws but in my mind these are the guys I would rotate next to Laws

Tom Zbibby S Notre Dame - John Lynch 2

Those are mine...

What are yours?

Geo
04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
John Carlson remains the best tight end in the class imo, and whoever gets him is getting borderline first round talent I think.

Crazy_Chris
04-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Earl Bennet WR Vanderbilt

I know there are a few out there that feel he is very underated as I do. He runs good routes, and has some of the best hands of any WR in the draft. Bennet is not a real burner but he ran a 4.48 which isn't to bad. In my opinion he is the most polished NFL ready WR. He seems to be projected as a late 2nd-3rd round pick from what I have seen. He should go higher and if some team gets him in the late 2nd or 3rd round they are getting a steal.

princefielder28
04-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Ahytba Rubin, DT, Iowa State
Jerome Simpson, WR, Coastal Carolina
Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky...it's just a mechanics thing with him; he can be a starter in this league and a successful one at that

BeerBaron
04-01-2008, 04:11 PM
andre woodson is my favorite QB in the class. i fell in love with him watching the LSU game and liked what i saw all year long out of him.

you listed henne much to my dismay though.....the guy should be nothing more than a late rounder who was a decent college QB and whos only pro future is as a backup.

DeathbyStat
04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Guys you think should go higher than they will go.

I want to put my stamp on a couple guys.

John Sullivan C Notre Dame - Could start Day 1 and will eventually be a pro bowler

Beau Bell ILB/OLB UNLV - I like him better as a Mike, but either way this guy will be a starter for a long time

Patrick Lee CB Auburn/Terrell Thomas CB USC - Both these guys will be starters in the NFL

Chad Henne QB Mich - You either love him or hate him... I'm in the love category

DJ Hall WR Alabama/Jordy Nelson WR KSU - I feel that most WR need a good system to thrive but both these guys will be solid NFL Players. I like Jordy better that Hall though.

Matt Forte RB Tulane - Reminds me of Eddie George and I think we'll agree Eddie had a nice career.

Carl Nicks OT Nebraska - Starting year 2 but won't give up the spot for a long long time

Trevor Laws DT Notre Dame - I like laws for any system, any team, anytime.

Dre Moore DT Maryland and Nick Hayden DT Wisc - I don't like them as much as Laws but in my mind these are the guys I would rotate next to Laws

Tom Zbibby S Notre Dame - John Lynch 2

Those are mine...

What are yours?

Trevor Laws....Beau Bell and Carl Nicks..but i like him better at guard.

art vandelay
04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Chevis Jackson
Keenan Burton
Pat Sims

JagHombre22
04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Justin King...the guy will be special...

Paranoidmoonduck
04-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Early Doucet is definitely one of those guys. He's done nothing but drop down boards basically since JaMarcus Russell left LSU, but he'll be a major contributor in the NFL.

Cashmoney
04-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Brian Brohm

bruschis4all
04-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Carl Nicks. Voted most likely to meet Mr.Goodell at some time in the future regarding his penchant for off-field trouble. No thanks. Off of my draft board. You can have him.

no love
04-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Antoine Cason. I think he is going to be the best cb in this draft. Good size, good cover ability, nice hitting and a huge playmaker when it counts. If he gets drafted in the second, someone is going to have a really nice player.

keylime_5
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Matt Forte certainly. He should be a first round pick but might not.

BaLLiN
04-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Tracy Porter, fast, athletic, one of the top 5 KR/PR in this draft class at least, good man to man skills, nice height and long arms.

BigJohn98
04-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Xavier Lee.

Turtlepower
04-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Xavier Lee.

Are you serious or joking? I really want to know.

BeerBaron
04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Xavier Lee.

...maybe as a S or a WR....

but i can't see drafting a guy who played neither of those in college when there are plenty of guys available who played one of them

Jonny
04-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Sullivan was terrible in 2007. Zibby just isn't very good, period.

I am a Forte fan, as are a lot of people here.

Billingsley26
04-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Dan Connor- I still think he will be the best LB out of this class. Best instincts. Should be a lock for the upper half of the first round.

SKim172
04-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I've got a looong list. The highlights:

QB Brian Brohm - Louisville - His stock is plummeting.

QB Dennis Dixon - Oregon - Has disappeared from draft talk ever since his injury. But he's an extremely good passer and he passes better than he runs.

RB Ray Rice - Rutgers - First-round talent, drops to second, maybe third.

RB Steve Slaton - West Virginia - I think people are underrating this guy. His production went down in '07, but still had good numbers. He's undersized, but he's got the stocky build of a running back, not a receiver. He'll be a late-round steal.

RB Danny Woodhead - Chadron State (D-II) - Most rushing yards in NCAA history, he's very small, but he's got speed and strength, as a late-rounder could be a good pickup as a scatback.

OG Kerry Brown - Appalachian State

CB Antwaun Molden - Eastern Kentucky

And the Safeties
Haruki Nakamura - Cincinnati
DJ Parker - Virginia Tech
Corey Lynch - Appalachian State
Eric Wicks - West Virginia
Ron Girault - Rutgers

AllDayFootball724
04-02-2008, 12:44 AM
laws reminds me of darnell dockett

ChezPower4
04-02-2008, 12:48 AM
DJ Hall-Alabama
Tom Zbikowski- Notre Dame

MetSox17
04-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Marcus Monk, WR Arky.

Dude put up some very very solid numbers at his pro day.
6'4 222 lbs.
36 inch vert.
4.41 40
2.55 20

Put up very very good numbers as a JR, despite playing with a true freshman QB. If he hadn't been injured, he'd be in the talk for the first 3 rounds. Of course, add the injury to his knee his SR year and the loaded talent at the WR position you kinda forget about him.. but he's gonna be an absolute steal if someone gets him anywhere past the middle of the 3rd.

kwilk103
04-02-2008, 12:50 AM
brian brohm
steve slaton
antoine cason?

Jakey
04-02-2008, 04:41 AM
DJ Hall
Keenan Burton
Red Bryant
Antoine Cason
Earl Bennett
Brandon Flowers

more to come...

AtariBigby
04-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Antoine Cason. I think he is going to be the best cb in this draft. Good size, good cover ability, nice hitting and a huge playmaker when it counts. If he gets drafted in the second, someone is going to have a really nice player.

I agree. This guy knows how to cover, period.
Because he was down in Tucson, he gets NO NATIONAL PUB.
Had he done that at Florida or LSU or Miami, or God forbid the Big Ten, he'd be a Charles Woodson prospect, top ten pick.

What about Calais Campbell, falling THIS FAR? http://walterfootball.com/draft2008_4.php

kiranadwaney
04-02-2008, 09:00 AM
jerod mayo, i think he should go mid first, but likely to go late first or early second

Addict
04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I agree. This guy knows how to cover, period.
Because he was down in Tucson, he gets NO NATIONAL PUB.
Had he done that at Florida or LSU or Miami, or God forbid the Big Ten, he'd be a Charles Woodson prospect, top ten pick.

What about Calais Campbell, falling THIS FAR? http://walterfootball.com/draft2008_4.php

wow... you really like to capitalize things don't you?

initial_flo
04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Marcus Monk, WR Arky.

Dude put up some very very solid numbers at his pro day.
6'4 222 lbs.
36 inch vert.
4.41 40
2.55 20

Put up very very good numbers as a JR, despite playing with a true freshman QB. If he hadn't been injured, he'd be in the talk for the first 3 rounds. Of course, add the injury to his knee his SR year and the loaded talent at the WR position you kinda forget about him.. but he's gonna be an absolute steal if someone gets him anywhere past the middle of the 3rd.

Yes, I totally agree, especially for a team that can't get it done in the red zone.

I like his upside over like an Early Doucet if he can get over his injuries.

marks01234
04-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Shoot, you can already right me down as saying Calias Campbell, Ray Rice and Steve Slanton are going to high.

04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Kenny Phillips who surprisingly over the last little while has actually started to become a bit underrated.

Thunder&Lightning
04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Josh Johnson
Dexter Jackson

Sniper
04-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Call me when Antoine Cason wins a Heisman, then we'll talk about him being a Charles Woodson type prospect...Woodson was UNBELIEVABLE his junior year at Michigan. He was voted the #11 best college player of ALL-TIME! He was good enough to play WR at the collegiate level as well as lockdown cover corner. Cason is a cover 2 corner, dassit.

Call me when Cason does this...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z09R3uZinGs

Or this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JyhMIJXKE&NR=1

Or maybe this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRKr1aDPaHc&feature=related

Cason isn't half the prospect Charles Woodson was, and nor will he ever be.

Brent
04-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Dexter Jackson

Sean Hern
04-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Earl Bennet and J Leman

AtariBigby
04-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Steve Slaton.
Unless you don't like RB's like Brian Westbrook or Warrick Dunn.

TNPatsFan
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I would have also said Cason, who is one of my favorite players in this draft. But since he's been talked about already by several people, I'll mention Jonathan Goff. He's being very underrated in my opinion.

AaronGrayisKing
04-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Eric Ainge QB Ten - He's got the tools to be a starter and I think he should go earlier than I think he will.

katnip
04-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Kenny Phillips should be #1 overall.

FinNasty
04-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Connor should be a low teens pick... yet I see him falling into the 2nd?

Kevin Smith would be a late 1st/early 2nd... but will fall due to the depth of the class...

No one mentions Groves much, but I am high on him as well...