PDA

View Full Version : QB ?!

ChefMike
04-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Ok not a Jets fan... but not a Jets hater either !! My cousin is a die hard Jets fan and we debate this all the time, who is going to be the QB of the future ? I mean how long will the Chad Pennington Medical List continue to build !! Die hard Ravens fan I am and I know the frustrations of the QB dilemma.. what are the thoughts of the real JETS Fans ???

nyjets5125
04-01-2008, 05:51 PM
chad pennington isnt the QB of the future, he could have been if it weren for shoulder problems...kellen clemens hopefully is the QB of the future (i think well probably give him one more year to prove himself, we could possibly draft a QB this year, but idont hink we will)...pennington is our reliable backup who is capable of coming in if clemens cant perform, and he is a mentor to clemons, and he is also a leader on this team (captain last year)...but i think every jet fan konws that he is not the QB of the future

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-01-2008, 05:55 PM
hopefully its Clemens, save us the trouble of drafting another QB next year, but him becoming that is certainly no gaurentee. It is understood that Pennington isn't the long-term answer, so no point mentioning him further. So really, as of right now, its Clemens proving himself, and if not drafting another QB next year.......

ChefMike
04-02-2008, 04:21 PM
But why wait till next year ? to draft another QB then your another 2 years down the line and next years crop isnt any better than this years... I would try and get a QB this year if I were in your shoes... let him learn and mentor and challenge Clemons you'll get max production out of a young player if he knows his job is on the line and has another young hungry player behind him..

nyjets5125
04-02-2008, 09:15 PM
But why wait till next year ? to draft another QB then your another 2 years down the line and next years crop isnt any better than this years... I would try and get a QB this year if I were in your shoes... let him learn and mentor and challenge Clemons you'll get max production out of a young player if he knows his job is on the line and has another young hungry player behind him..

i dont htink they want to give up on clemons yet so why invest another high pick on a future QB when we believe we have one now? also you say it could motivate him, but it could also make him feel like we have given up on him and have that bad attitude translate to the field

BaLLiN
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/10/14/sports/14jets.1.600.jpg
slash II

i doubt it happens, but i have to admit itd be really exciting at every moment

nyjets5125
04-02-2008, 11:00 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/10/14/sports/14jets.1.600.jpg
slash II

i doubt it happens, but i have to admit itd be really exciting at every moment

wow thatd be awesome to watch but haha yeah i think doubt is a major understatement...but they did use him with leon a few times last year and ran options and trick plays, which i relaly like, and i hope shotty will be creative like that again this year and give smith a couple throws here and there...hes a great player to watch, and his versatility should take him a long way wiht the jets

ChefMike
04-03-2008, 07:50 PM
i dont htink they want to give up on clemons yet so why invest another high pick on a future QB when we believe we have one now? also you say it could motivate him, but it could also make him feel like we have given up on him and have that bad attitude translate to the field

true thats a great point...

I still think though his confidence is high now you bring in a guy in the 3rd or 4th rd your not going to shake the confidence of a younger guy because he is going to know that this guy was not a high pick for a reason that he still has lots to work on before he is going to walk up under center and start taking snaps any days other than Tuesday - Friday with the 2nd Team...but it gives them a chance to groom a backup that he can see everyday as having potential to take my spot down the road if I don't step my game up.. or that younger guy wow's them so intensely that you can't keep him off the field.. ie Tom Brady ???

nyjets5125
04-03-2008, 10:35 PM
true thats a great point...

I still think though his confidence is high now you bring in a guy in the 3rd or 4th rd your not going to shake the confidence of a younger guy because he is going to know that this guy was not a high pick for a reason that he still has lots to work on before he is going to walk up under center and start taking snaps any days other than Tuesday - Friday with the 2nd Team...but it gives them a chance to groom a backup that he can see everyday as having potential to take my spot down the road if I don't step my game up.. or that younger guy wow's them so intensely that you can't keep him off the field.. ie Tom Brady ???

i woulndt mind it, but i dont see it as a priority by any stretch...if we wanted to take a mid-late round QB like eric ainge, josh johnson, or dennis dixon, i wouldnt be upset....it probably wouldnt be my top choice but i certainly woulndt mind it...mainly because i trust the scouting of Tangini