PDA

View Full Version : Adarius Bowman Arrested

GaMeTiMe
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
DRAFT PROSPECT BOWMAN ARRESTED
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 2, 2008, 6:05 p.m.

Former Oklahoma State wide receiver Adarius Bowman, who is expected to be a mid-round draft pick, has been arrested and charged with simple possession of marijuana near his hometown of Chattanooga.

The Associated Press reports that Bowman was arrested Tuesday night and released on $500 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court Thursday.

This is the second marijuana-related incident for Bowman, who transferred to Oklahoma State after North Carolina dismissed him as a result of a citation for marijuana possession.

In 24 games at Oklahoma State, Bowman finished fourth in school history with 127 receptions and 2,187 yards. Bowman is a good athlete who has all the physical tools to play receiver in the NFL, but this incident will cost him.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Undrafted?

Paranoidmoonduck
04-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Personally, I don't think that NFL teams care much about marijuana use unless they consider a player a serious threat to get busted by the league office.

That said, the fact that this is the second marijuana mark on Bowman's record (the other being about 3 years ago) suggests a trend, and it doesn't help that it was during a time when Bowman should be trying to stay as straight as possible. He could easily be there in the 5th or 6th round, but I don't see him going undrafted.

toonsterwu
04-02-2008, 05:17 PM
It certainly increases the possibility of going undrafted. He had already fallen to the 5th/6th area. While pot may not be the biggest deal, it does show very pure judgment on this part, and combined with the questioning of his physical capability, I wouldn't rule it out. More than likely a team takes a shot on him, but boy, his stock has tumbled hard.

Sveen
04-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Then are people going to learn? Getting arrested in the months leading up to the Draft is never good for your draft stock and therefor your wallet.

Maybe he just doesn't care about the money? ;)

MetSox17
04-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Why couldn't this go on the A.B thread that was already running?

And honestly, i don't think teams care too much about smoking pot.
i mean so long as you're not doing it during the year ala ricky williams, but
it's just a little misdemeanor. In Texas they don't even arrest you anymore
so long as it's less than 2oz i think.

BamaFalcon59
04-02-2008, 05:40 PM
He has had an absolutely dreadful post season.

terribletowel39
04-02-2008, 05:47 PM

And honestly, i don't think teams care too much about smoking pot.
i mean so long as you're not doing it during the year ala ricky williams, but
it's just a little misdemeanor. In Texas they don't even arrest you anymore so long as it's less than 2oz i think.
That is true. It's pretty cool.

LonghornsLegend
04-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Alot of athletes smoke, but not all of them are stupid enough to get caught leading up to the draft, it shows about his character that you cant stop smoking weed for a few months at the least, and he was probably careless to even get stopped with it on him.

He would be lucky to go in the 5th rd now, the best thing he has going for him is game film, and his 300 yard game, thats going to have to be his selling point, although he wont go undrafted, hell ill take a flier on him in the 6th for dallas if he's still there, why not take a chance at that point when most of those picks dont pan out...Id gladly take him as a late rd pick, pretty sure other teams feel the same, going undrafted is a little much.

Sniper
04-02-2008, 07:57 PM

Because then we wouldn't have 4,918,712 useless threads like this one on the board.

MetSox17
04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Because then we wouldn't have 4,918,712 useless threads like this one on the board.

point well taken.

neko4
04-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Look at it this way, he was probably stressed out and so he decided to get high

Either way smoking mary jane shouldnt be justified especially at this point in his life.

7th round pick now
Pretty crazy since 2 months ago I couldve seen him in the 3rd round

thebow305
04-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Seems like a good decision on his part... Sounds like a real intelligent fella.

Brent
04-02-2008, 10:54 PM
7th round steal!

asmitty45
04-02-2008, 11:07 PM
5th/6th, id take him in the late 4th if i was a team in need of a WR, at least he's not making it rain in.

GaMeTiMe
04-02-2008, 11:38 PM

No, actually it's because I knew if I posted this in the other thread, someone else would have seen the news elsewhere and come here to post a new thread about it, without going into that thread first to see if it was brought up. So you would've ended up with a "useless thread like this one", and it would've been even more useless with the conversation already going.

I don't even know why I'm bothering explaining myself, because I can't figure out why you even care. =/

MetSox17
04-02-2008, 11:42 PM
No, actually it's because I knew if I posted this in the other thread, someone else would have seen the news elsewhere and come here to post a new thread about it, without going into that thread first to see if it was brought up. So you would've ended up with a "useless thread like this one", and it would've been even more useless with the conversation already going.

I don't even know why I'm bothering explaining myself, because I can't figure out why you even care. =/

People care because they don't wanna see the forums saturated with threads that can very easily be used more productively. If you would have posted it on the other thread, some other poster would be getting it from the Mods or whatever. But yeah, that's pretty much why people care. You would imagine people would learn, but i read someone post that there's 30+ threads with "Darren McFadden" in the title. So yep, that's why..

Sniper
04-02-2008, 11:59 PM
People care because they don't wanna see the forums saturated with threads that can very easily be used more productively. If you would have posted it on the other thread, some other poster would be getting it from the Mods or whatever. But yeah, that's pretty much why people care. You would imagine people would learn, but i read someone post that there's 30+ threads with "Darren McFadden" in the title. So yep, that's why..

Well there you go. Glad someone wrote it out for me because I'm lazy. This is the 7th thread dedicated to Bowman.

And the reason I care is we have this crazy thing called the search function for a reason. It's pretty sweet. It's stopped me from making pointless threads left and right.

FYI MetSox, type in McFadden and you get 39 different threads with him in the title. Unbelievable. Our Lord and Savior, Jordy Nelson, only has four different threads about him. We need to get him at least on Darren McFadden level.

georgiafan
04-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Here is another link

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/apr/03/bowman-arrested-drug-charges/

lod01
04-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Over-rated bum to begin with. This is a non-event. He goes from 5th rounder or so to undrafted turd. All he did was save a weakly managed team from wasting a draft pick.

ChezPower4
04-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Personally, I don't think that NFL teams care much about marijuana use

Tell that to Ricky Williams and Traivs Henry...

BaLLiN
04-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Second time, he's an idiot. I really dont want him anymore, i dont care how good he is, but when you get kicked off a team for using it and then at least 3 years later you are still using it you have a problem.

Needs to stop, probably be a 5-7th round pick if even drafted.

lordquas
04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
whatever. he tokes up time to time. who doesnt. hes dope but just needs to get his act together. definitley worth at least a 4th round pick in my eyes

Addict
04-04-2008, 10:05 PM
if UDFA he'll be a freakin' steal.