PDA

View Full Version : Possible draft day trades?

Big_Pete
04-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Now that the trade order is confirmed and we have a pretty strong idea on the various prospects, what trades to people see happening on draft day?

Matthew Jones
04-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I could see the Patriots trading to any spot #13-15 for a team looking for an offensive tackle or quarterback.

DJC
04-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I think the Saints trade up if Dorsey or Ellis began to slip past #5. The Cowboys probably wont keep both their 1sts. They might trade down from #28.

Crazy_Chris
04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
The Vikings trading up to get Derrick Harvey.

Someone trading up into the late first for one of the QB's

Big_Pete
04-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I could see the a team trading up to #1 for Matt Ryan.

He is clearly the best QB by a big margin. The Dolphins will certainly field offers. NY Jets, Atlanta, Baltimore, Kansas City and St Louis could all be in the mix for a franchise QB.

I think there will be enough interest in the long run for a team to pull the trigger on a trade.

I think the most likely option is Altanta trading their 1st and two of their 3 second round picks for #1.

BamaFalcon59
04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I think the Falcons move some of those second round picks. Maybe down, but I could see a move up into the first round for an offensive tackle or quarterback. Either a second and a third to move up into the 20-26 range, or two seconds to move up into the top 20. Our two high second round picks (34, 37) value, off of the old trade chart, add up to the 1090, which is between the fourteenth and fifteenth picks in the draft. This would be a great first day...

1a. Glenn Dorsey, DT Louisiana State
1b. Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
2. Chad Henne, QB Michigan

I think that would be outstanding. But so would...

1. Jake Long, OT Michigan
2a. Joe Flacco, QB Delaware
2b. Curtis Lofton, MLB Oklahoma
2c. Tracy Poter, CB Indiana

Actually there are a ton of possibilities I would love. So I will stop here.

AllDayFootball724
04-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Steelers trading down if Albert is gone, no need for a OT that early they have a bigger need at guard. They try i think to get to top of second to get guard in Rachel. And find a tall WR later and a DE for the 3-4. Ben needs some blocking , also a rb in the late second is possible.

Eagles trade Lito for a second.

Big_Pete
04-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I could see Dallas trading both their 1sts (#22, #28) to New Englad for their #7 if McFadden is still on the table.

SimonRath
04-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I think the most likely option is Altanta trading their 1st and two of their 3 second round picks for #1.

HA! not gonna happen..

Yung Flippa
04-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Baltimore trades down into the teens and takes the best Corner left on the board. I could also see us trading for Lito Sheppard, because John coached him last year.

AllDayFootball724
04-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Baltimore trades down into the teens and takes the best Corner left on the board. I could also see us trading for Lito Sheppard, because John coached him last year.

Offensive coach or should I say a qb coach, coaching a defensive player.....

holt_bruce81
04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
KC trading up with St. Louis for Jake Long?

JagHombre22
04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I could see the Jags trading up to the late teens or early 20's if the right DE falls...

Dr. Gonzo
04-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I could see the Jags trading up to the late teens or early 20's if the right DE falls...

I doubt it. They will need to trade ahead of Minnesota to even have a chance at Harvey and I doubt Harvey falls to 17. If they stay put I think Merling will probably fall to them.

kalbears13
04-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Can someone take Derek Anderson? Please?

Jakey
04-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I hope the Steelers do trade back, but i doubt there will be enough teams wanting to trade up...especially because of the depth of this class.

cunningham06
04-02-2008, 06:43 PM
The Eagles have 11 picks in this years draft, so it is nearly guaranteed they will do a lot of moving around. I don't expect them to move up in the first, but I bet they will make some noise in the second and move up some picks.

There is also a good chance that the Eagles deal Lito Sheppard on draft day.

Caddy
04-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I think the Buccaneers will try their best to deal Chris Simms for a Day 2 pick.

BaLLiN
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I could see giants trading down, (they've done it alot) if there isnt a player they like worth #31

Yung Flippa
04-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Offensive coach or should I say a qb coach, coaching a defensive player.....

John Harburg was never a QB coach in the league. He was a special teams coach and last year he was the Eagle's Secondary coach.

SaintsMan
04-02-2008, 07:30 PM
The Saints need to do whatever in takes to get Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis. Defensive Tackle is our biggest need and DT's like those two don't come around often.

Brothgar
04-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Miami - I think they will end up moving from that spot and they will take less than "Chart Value" to do so. They don't want anything to do with that #1 overall pick KC is the Perfect target for Miami.

St. Louis - I think they stay put.

Atlanta - I could see them moving down with a team like KC if they could pick up another pick and Matt Ryan I see that happening if KC is convinced enough that Jake Long is going to be had by the Falcons. (Lets face it there is a huge dropoff from the Long to the 2nd best OT)

Oakland - I can't see the Raiders moving anywhere unless I underestimate Jerry Jones's lust for McFadden.

KC - As said before I could easily see them moving up for Long instead of reaching for the second best OT whom would be a question mark.

NYJ - They stay put or maybe move down but I doubt it.

NE - They will really want to move down as well their #1 need can be had later so I could see them dropping for cheap to save from spending the cash on a player (Targets include Mini and Cini) .

8-11 - I can't think of a plausible move.

12 - I could see someone trying to jump ahead of Carolina to get Clady or Mendenhall (Look at Detroit or Arizona if Harvey is there then Mini)

13 - If Harvey is still there I could still see the Vikings jump to get him. They don't have many needs so they could be a trade up partner.

Race for the Heisman
04-02-2008, 08:51 PM
A few I've thought plausible over various mocks:

Buffalo trading down with Chicago in the first; Chicago takes Chris Williams (in front of Carolina), Buffalo will still have a shot at one of Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, or DRC/Mike Jenkins.

Giants trading up to Seattle's #25 to be Jacksonville and San Diego for a safety they really want (perhaps Reggie Smith if his workouts keep his stock relatively stable), Seattle can take Rachal or Keller, maybe even Brohm.

Atlanta trading up to the Packers' first rounder to make sure Miami doesn't take a specific player in which there is mutual interest.

Aside from those, while I know there will be trades, I really don't see any obvious ones. Maybe Detroit moving up to seal Mayo near the top of round two, but I could see him falling to them anyway.

proshoota25
04-02-2008, 09:28 PM
the patriots at some point will make a move. i think they move down into the 10-17 range and target a corner. also, i think they could move up into the latter first round if they wanted to with their two third round picks and also i wouldnt be surprised if the patriots traded for lito sheppard or another solid veteran corner for their second rounder.

thebow305
04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
I am praying that we trade with Atlanta, from #1 to #3, so they can grab either Jake Long, Matt Ryan or even Glenn Dorsey. While maybe snaging a 2nd from them in the process. I am not overly optimistic though.

thebow305
04-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I think the Buccaneers will try their best to deal Chris Simms for a Day 2 pick.

I would give a 6th for him, probably not our 4th though. Could that work at all or no?

asmitty45
04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
If there's a chance for the Lions to move up in the second or into the first to get Mayo I think we will.

Caddy
04-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I would give a 6th for him, probably not our 4th though. Could that work at all or no?

I don't think he is worth a whole lot to the team anymore so I could definitely see him being dealt for a 6th. He would be a decent backup in a system more tailored to his abilities.

eaglesalltheway
04-03-2008, 06:42 AM
The Eagles have 11 picks in this years draft, so it is nearly guaranteed they will do a lot of moving around. I don't expect them to move up in the first, but I bet they will make some noise in the second and move up some picks.

There is also a good chance that the Eagles deal Lito Sheppard on draft day.

All of that is correct sir.

roidrunner
04-03-2008, 08:25 AM
the idea of greenbay trading down is highly likely. it just seems almost too perfect. TT loves to trade down. and with no real pressing need, i see a trade down happening.

Crickett
04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
I could see the Jets trading to any spot #13-15 for a team looking for an offensive tackle or quarterback or defensive tackle.
And yes, I did just take Raven's post, replace "Patriots" with "Jets" and tack on defensive tackle at the end.

Big_Pete
04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I could see the Lions trading #45, #87 to the Giants for #31 (to pick either Jerod Mayo or Curtis Lofton), particularly if they go with a RB in the 1st round.