PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these players please? Who is better?

bunson
04-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Crable, Jeremy Thompson as hybrid OLB's DE's.

Both 6-5. Who is quicker?

Are they faster, aceelerate faster than Lamarr Woodley?

How fast is Lamarr Woodley do you think?

How close to Merriman / Ware hybrid tweeners; is Woodley?

Thanks for reading and replying!

bunson
04-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Can Crable cover? Can Thompson cover? The flats? Tightends / Backs out of the backfield?

Matthew Jones
04-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I think Crable is quicker and better at blowing up plays in the backfield. LaMarr Woodley wasn't insanely fast coming out. I can get you a number on his 40 from last year in a little bit from my draft notes. Woodley is not on the same level as Merriman/Ware, you're talking about two Pro-Bowl caliber players right there. Also, Crable is decent in coverage, I can't comment on Thompson.

bunson
04-02-2008, 07:37 PM
your a legend.

Thanks for the quick reply dude!

bunson
04-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Maybe 2 mICHI'S for the Steelers as bookend OLB's De's?

Matthew Jones
04-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Woodley ran around a 4.8 in workouts but never officially ran at the combine. According to the Pro Football Weekly 2008 Draft Preview Thompson is a bit better in coverage than Woodley, although he doesn't have great quickness of speed.

bunson
04-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Woodley ran around a 4.8 in workouts but never officially ran at the combine. According to the Pro Football Weekly 2008 Draft Preview Thompson is a bit better in coverage than Woodley, although he doesn't have great quickness of speed.

Your a good man

Sniper
04-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I think Crable is quicker and better at blowing up plays in the backfield. LaMarr Woodley wasn't insanely fast coming out. I can get you a number on his 40 from last year in a little bit from my draft notes. Woodley is not on the same level as Merriman/Ware, you're talking about two Pro-Bowl caliber players right there. Also, Crable is decent in coverage, I can't comment on Thompson.

Woodley isn't/wasn't insanely fast, but he has a good first step and he just knows how to get to the QB. Crable is sub par in coverage and has chicken legs. If he can bulk up his lower body and increase his awareness, he could be a stud.

Crable is the better athlete but Woodley is the better football player.

bunson
04-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Great site this. Thanks all to your quick responses.