PDA

View Full Version : Somebody is going to STEAL Mario Manningham in the late 1st/ Early 2nd round

MikeMayockSux
04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
the kid is a Chad Johnson clone and flat out is a play-maker.

Devin Thomas isn't fit to carry his jock-strap. Mario destroyed MSU three years in a row. Thomas never did jacksheet against Michigan.

Devin Thomas in his career against Michigan: 7 catches, 65 yards, 0 TD's, 9.3 YPC.

Mario in his career against MSU: 15 catches, 270 yards, 5 TD's, 18 YPC.

Devin is really better than Mario.....LMAO.

Mario is a flat-out play-maker who scored a TD one out of every 5 receptions, and if he hand't gotten hurt in his sophomore season he would've scored 20 touchdowns. The kid can flat out smoke DB's. Too bad he played with a QB as crappy as Henne for those 3 years.

MetSox17
04-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Just a quick FYI since you just started.
There's a search feature in the forum, use it.
You don't need to start new threads every 5 seconds.

MikeMayockSux
04-03-2008, 01:59 PM
just a quick FYI.....Colt McCoy sucks.

Turtlepower
04-03-2008, 02:00 PM
It's ok. This kid could be a Michigan homer all he wants and hype up an overrated Manningham and say Ryan sucks just because he likes to get on his knees for Chad Henne.

I love all the stats you use to say how great college players are.

What are some of the stats for Ryan Leaf and Charles Rogers? Those were good stats weren't they?

MetSox17
04-03-2008, 02:03 PM
just a quick FYI.....Colt McCoy sucks.

lol you're not gonna last here very long by the looks of it.
you've posted for a whole half hour and already have bad rep lol

MikeMayockSux
04-03-2008, 02:13 PM
It's ok. This kid could be a Michigan homer all he wants and hype up an overrated Manningham and say Ryan sucks just because he likes to get on his knees for Chad Henne.

I love all the stats you use to say how great college players are.

What are some of the stats for Ryan Leaf and Charles Rogers? Those were good stats weren't they?

Michigan homer? Don't think so. Did you even ready my posts? First off, not a Michigan fan. Secondly, I said Chad Henne sucks, which he does. Thirdly, Matt Ryan isn't worth a Top 10 pick let alone a 1st round pick, period. The ONLY QB who I'd take 1st round in this draft is Brian Brohm, and it'd have to be a late 1st round pick.

Charles Rogers was a moronic pot-head who had a laundry list of questions marks before he ever got drafted. First of all in high school he fathered 3 children, he also almost got expelled from school because of a huge fight. He was so stupid he couldn't even enter Michigan State as a freshman, he had to be a partial qualifier. He also failed his drug test at the NFL combine.

Rogers was a great athlete and football player, but the guy had a laundry list of red flags that the Lions should've seen. Unfortunately for the Lions, Matt Millen is an idiot.

As far as I know Manningham has NONE of those types of issues that Rogers had. Manningham didn't father 3 children in high school, he didn't almost get kicked out of high school because of a huge gang fight, he entered school on-time fully qualified with his grades- UNLIKE Rogers, and he didn't fail his NFL combine drug test.

So use your head before you open your fat mouth dumbass.

skinzzfan25
04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Why so angry?

Burns336
04-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Thomas was only starting for this past season? What's your point.

MSU is also an inferior team to Michigan, so I don't think this comparison is anywhere near fair.

Either way, how can you be sure Thomas won't be better in the NFL. You cant. stop being an idiot.

BaLLiN
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Michigan homer? Don't think so. Did you even ready my posts? First off, not a Michigan fan. Secondly, I said Chad Henne sucks, which he does. Thirdly, Matt Ryan isn't worth a Top 10 pick let alone a 1st round pick, period. The ONLY QB who I'd take 1st round in this draft is Brian Brohm, and it'd have to be a late 1st round pick.

Charles Rogers was a moronic pot-head who had a laundry list of questions marks before he ever got drafted. First of all in high school he fathered 3 children, he also almost got expelled from school because of a huge fight. He was so stupid he couldn't even enter Michigan State as a freshman, he had to be a partial qualifier. He also failed his drug test at the NFL combine.

Rogers was a great athlete and football player, but the guy had a laundry list of red flags that the Lions should've seen. Unfortunately for the Lions, Matt Millen is an idiot.

As far as I know Manningham has NONE of those types of issues that Rogers had. Manningham didn't father 3 children in high school, he didn't almost get kicked out of high school because of a huge gang fight, he entered school on-time fully qualified with his grades- UNLIKE Rogers, and he didn't fail his NFL combine drug test.

what is your problem? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally i dont like yours much. Also try to look for threads that fit your topic so that the other stuff talked about is able to be seen and its not starting out at block 1, also it pushes back more important threads.

I dont think Brohm is worth a first round pick because he doesnt have a strong arm, his system benefited him, and he had a decent to good supporting cast all throughout his career. I do like him though, he is a smart kid, good instincts, could develop into a much better quarterback.

Manningham wasnt consistant, im not saying devin thomas was, but when given the chance Thomas did great. Michigan's defense is easily better than MSU's so you can't compare their stats against two different defenses because it just doesnt work that way, sorry.

Right now id take Thomas, Manningham did drugs and had injuries, that deters me. But Thomas has had less time to make mistakes, and he has a family so thats another plus.

bigmac076
04-03-2008, 02:30 PM
I dont know if Manningham is going to be better than Thomas but Manningham is definately NOT overrated. I know his stock took a nose dive after the combine, but a little too much of a nose dive if you ask me. I think some people didnt like him from the onset and saw his poor performance at the combine as a perfect excuse to denounce him as quality NFL prospect(FYI he ran 4.44 and a 4.38 40s at his pro day). Most are still unconvinced even though his pro day was considerably better. Give Mario a chance to prove himself and get off his back.

Turtlepower
04-03-2008, 02:33 PM

9 time out of 10 the people who decide to yell at others on message boards are socially inept in real life, so they decide to take out their frustration online. You insulting me just makes you look more pathetic than anything else, so I feel sorry for you more than I actually feel insulted.

Also, try watching some game film instead of spouting stats. If you watched him play, you might notice that Manningham seems to have Crisco all over his hands whenever he tries to catch a ball. Also, Manningham is supposed to be a vertical threat, but he just isn't as fast as most people thought he was.

So before you spout off stats, why not actually watch a few players play and then you might notice a thing or two.

SimonRath
04-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow dude. whats with all the anger?
chill out before you get kicked off this site..

SimonRath
04-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Devin Thomas isn't fit to carry his jock-strap. Mario destroyed MSU three years in a row. Thomas never did jacksheet against Michigan.

Devin Thomas in his career against Michigan: 7 catches, 65 yards, 0 TD's, 9.3 YPC.

Mario in his career against MSU: 15 catches, 270 yards, 5 TD's, 18 YPC.

Devin is really better than Mario.....LMAO.

Mario is a flat-out play-maker who scored a TD one out of every 5 receptions, and if he hand't gotten hurt in his sophomore season he would've scored 20 touchdowns. The kid can flat out smoke DB's. Too bad he played with a QB as crappy as Henne for those 3 years.

Soooooo your saying Mario is better then Devin because he did better against eachother?
thats not to smart. I mean i could see is they had to cover eachother but they didnt..

keylime_5
04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Mario is probably the best WR in this draft. I think Tennessee, Seattle, Dallas or whoever takes him is gonna be grinning after this season about picking him.

thule
04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
The funny thing is...Manningham isn't going to fall because of his numbers or his production....it's that thing that is on top of his shoulders that is hurting him.

It all started with the end of the season...where he was basically forced off the team. Then at the combine he interviewed with plenty of teams and over half of them came out and acknowledges he had problems that he wouldn't fess up to.

I just read an article in the last week that said Manningham had a meet and greet with the cowboys set up at a resturant and blew them off because he was out parting the night before....

This is very similar to the Randy Moss situation back in 98.

schmiddog
04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
The funny thing is...Manningham isn't going to fall because of his numbers or his production....it's that thing that is on top of his shoulders that is hurting him.

It all started with the end of the season...where he was basically forced off the team. Then at the combine he interviewed with plenty of teams and over half of them came out and acknowledges he had problems that he wouldn't fess up to.

I just read an article in the last week that said Manningham had a meet and greet with the cowboys set up at a resturant and blew them off because he was out parting the night before....

This is very similar to the Randy Moss situation back in 98.

I like Manningham a good deal....plenty to get excited over...superb tracking\ball skills, namely...but I don't think you can compare his prospect profile to Moss at all, unless you're strictly comparing how much they'll drop as a result of character concerns..even then, it doesn't seem to be a pristine comparison

Burns336
04-03-2008, 04:14 PM
I like Manningham a good deal....plenty to get excited over...superb tracking\ball skills, namely...but I don't think you can compare his prospect profile to Moss at all, unless you're strictly comparing how much they'll drop as a result of character concerns..even then, it doesn't seem to be a pristine comparison

He's definitely not comparing them in terms of how good of prospects they are. Most of the receivers in this draft, if not all of them, wouldn't of even been included in the first round last year.

holt_bruce81
04-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I pray he slides to pick #33!

Geo
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Good for Manningham putting up great stats against Michigan State, because he certainly didn't do that against Ohio State, which is the biggest game of the year for Michigan. He compiled great numbers on the season though, he reminds me of another numbers guy in Torry Holt.

holt_bruce81
04-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Good for Manningham putting up great stats against Michigan State, because he certainly didn't do that against Ohio State, which is the biggest game of the year for Michigan. He compiled great numbers on the season though, he reminds me of another numbers guy in Torry Holt.

Not sure what your saying about Holt, are you saying he doesn't show up in big games?

bearsfan_51
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
lol you're not gonna last here very long by the looks of it.
One day for the record.

proshoota25
04-03-2008, 04:36 PM
you cant compare manningham and thomas. manningham always had the better team and quarterback. henne delivered the ball to manningham at a frequent pace throughout his career. the reason why mario had better stats than devin is because the Michigan state corners are def. not as good as the Michigan's ones. thomas had to play the tougher competition. Michigan state is not a high profile football school, yes its in the big 10, but no way does it come close to michigan. personally, i think if devin went to Michigan, he'd be a lock for the top 15, and would possibly be the #1 WR on the board.

no love
04-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Soo.... he is a talented player but a huge distraction who will throw his team, coach and qb under a bus?

Also, I don't know WHERE you are getting this "if he hand't gotten hurt in his sophomore season he would've scored 20 touchdowns" business. Especially with Chad Henne sucking so much.... contradictory arguments much?

I think whoever drafts Manningham will get what they pay for. An inconsistent, talented young player who can be a little bit of a headache. That is about right for a late first round pick. He is a boom or bust pick and trust me no one really can tell whether someone will be an amazing player at the next level. To be so foolhardy and call other people out bc they have a different analysis is just showing that you don't get the draft game.

katnip
04-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Reminds me of a Reggie Wayne the way it looks like they stride effortlessly in their routes. Maybe its because they both don't posses top line speed. I don't know.

DoWnThEfiElD
04-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I personally think Manningham is a tad overrated. I really don't see his style of play necessarly translating to the NFL well. I mean seriously look at what he did most of the time, he caught deep balls that were perfectly placed in his arms. Sure he's got speed, but what DB in the NFL doesn't? He isn't physically imposing, he never went over the middle, and he never showed the versility to return kicks, punts, or take a bubble screen the distance. I personally think Arrington's style of play would transfer better to the NFL. I really see Arrington being a steal for whoever gets him.

As far as Devin Thomas, sure he only had one good year, but I think he has the tools to be a successful wideout. I'm not sure he'll ever be an All-Pro, but in the right system I think he can be very successful. He has the physical stature already and has good speed to go along with his frame. He is def. more ready to contribute in the NFL his rookie year than Manningham is.

neko4
04-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I know he's already banned (in 5 posts)
But just wanted to point out, Thomas was only a one year starter

Addict
04-03-2008, 05:37 PM

Yeah the mods are hard on idiots these days.

bearsfan_51
04-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah the mods are hard on idiots these days.
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p250/robert817/Midgets/badass8zz.jpg

SimonRath
04-03-2008, 05:43 PM

haha he already got banned?
wow, that didnt take to long

MetSox17
04-03-2008, 05:55 PM
i called it after he posted a few times.
lol

Addict
04-03-2008, 05:56 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p250/robert817/Midgets/badass8zz.jpg

YOU STOLE MY CAMERA! THOSE ARE PERSONAL PICTURES BF!!!! DAMMIT!!!

Geo
04-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm a bit surprised people are slurping up Thomas so much, considering the last two one-year wonders we've seen (Chad Jackson in 06 and Robert Meachem in 07) are still in the process of transitioning to the pros.

MidwayMonster31
04-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm a bit surprised people are slurping up Thomas so much, considering the last two one-year wonders we've seen (Chad Jackson in 06 and Robert Meachem in 07) are still in the process of transitioning to the pros.That is a good point. Thomas does however, have the best combination of size and speed. The way I see it is that wide receivers are drafted like NBA players, the younger ones with more upside get drafted earlier. I have no idea who the best wide receiver in this class is. But I will predict that in a few years, the best receivers from this class will come in the second or third round.

LonghornsLegend
04-04-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm a bit surprised people are slurping up Thomas so much, considering the last two one-year wonders we've seen (Chad Jackson in 06 and Robert Meachem in 07) are still in the process of transitioning to the pros.

If Meachem was in this class and Thomas wasnt Meachem would arguably be ranked the top guy as well, his post season numbers were nice and was the intriguing prospect with upside, even though the last 2 guys didnt do too much that wont stop teams from drafting guys with high potential and one year wonders...

In Thomas case he was a JUCO transfer and it took him some time to get acclomated, the year before last he had 3 seniors on the depth chart ahead of him fresh from a JUCO school, this year when he was given the opportunity he put up big numbers...Besides that, if you try to play safe and go for production/big school you can still end up with Mike Williams or Dwayne Jarrett so the bust go on both ends of the stick.

thule
04-04-2008, 01:05 AM

Randy Moss compairison had to do with what I said about Manningham...Moss had a meeting schuedeled with a team....which one isn't striking me atm...but he stayed out partying....and didn't show up...until the team actually went up to his door....he finally came acting as if he was annoyed for this awakening.