04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Really nice smart move by the Jags.

princefielder28
04-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Good move by the management of Jacksonville

bigbluedefense
04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
David Garrard <3

Im curious to see what wrinkles Greg Williams will add to their defense. I really like the style of football that Del Rio brought to Jacksonville.

ChezPower4
04-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Love this move i think that Del Rio is one the top coaches in the NFL. He is also a great guy and i think that he is one of the most well liked coaches in the NFL.

bigbluedefense
04-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Love this move i think that Del Rio is one the top coaches in the NFL. He is also a great guy and i think that he is one of the most well liked coaches in the NFL.

and if a player tries to swing at him at halftime, he'll rip his head off while flexing the guns.

The Unseen
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm president of the "I <3 JDR" club, so this move is teh greatest.

bigbluedefense
04-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm president of the "I <3 JDR" club, so this move is teh greatest.

don't forget Garrard :)

The Unseen
04-03-2008, 03:54 PM

True, true.

BTW, look at his suit:

http://www.jaguars.com/story/images/400x214/story(6843)400x214.jpg

Pimpin' freshhhhh

bigbluedefense
04-03-2008, 03:57 PM
True, true.

BTW, look at his suit:

http://www.jaguars.com/story/images/400x214/story(6843)400x214.jpg

Pimpin' freshhhhh

i want to be like him when i grow up.

JagHombre22
04-03-2008, 04:45 PM
dayum....the guy is ripped...look at the guns...

and Unseen...where can I join this I <3 JDR club?

and only a JDR and a pimp could get away with wearing that suit...

Geo
04-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I like JDR as well, I was very pleased that he won the power struggle over Shack Harris.

Im curious to see what wrinkles Greg Williams will add to their defense. I really like the style of football that Del Rio brought to Jacksonville.
Hopefully Williams foolishly sticks to a Tampa 2 like he did in Washington his last two years there, not making the most of his talent. Plus we'll see how many good Jags players he'll clash with, I can't wait.

JT Jag
04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Can we declare the Jack Del Rio to LSU rumors dead now?

Primetime21
04-03-2008, 09:25 PM

Dont forget Dirk Koetter.

Geo
04-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Can we declare the Jack Del Rio to LSU rumors dead now?
JDR would kick so much ass as a college coach, it's not even funny. I thought Michigan should have gone after him, even if he is a former Trojans player.

JT Jag
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
dayum....the guy is ripped...look at the guns...

and Unseen...where can I join this I <3 JDR club?

and only a JDR and a pimp could get away with wearing that suit...David Garrard could totally make that work.

Then again, I suppose you could consider him a pimp. I mean, he wears a fedora.

Addict
04-07-2008, 01:31 PM
great move... Jags are looking more and more like a SB contender to me. Steady progress seems to be the trend in Jacksonville.

JagHombre22
04-07-2008, 01:45 PM
great move... Jags are looking more and more like a SB contender to me. Steady progress seems to be the trend in Jacksonville.

slowly but surely the Jaguars are making all the right moves...

LonghornsLegend
04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
JDR would kick so much ass as a college coach, it's not even funny. I thought Michigan should have gone after him, even if he is a former Trojans player.

He strikes me as a guy who would be a great college coach, I love what he does, players love him, energetic, and super fresh when its time 2 throw on a suit :D Doesnt get any better, I still remember how upset he got over Greg Jones injury 2 years ago and I remember thinking it have to be great to play for a guy who cared so much for his players.

JagHombre22
04-07-2008, 02:37 PM
He strikes me as a guy who would be a great college coach, I love what he does, players love him, energetic, and super fresh when its time 2 throw on a suit :D Doesnt get any better, I still remember how upset he got over Greg Jones injury 2 years ago and I remember thinking it have to be great to play for a guy who cared so much for his players.

about two years ago before LSU hired Les Miles there were rumors running rampant about Del Rio wanting to go to LSU....I agree, he'd make a helluva college coach...he'd probably be one of the best recruiters...

I remember that press conference when he announced Jones would be done for the 2006 season....he was just about in tears....what a great guy...you know, the Jaguars have been very fortunate to have two very good coaches in their 15 years of existence. Even if they are polar opposites.

JT Jag
04-07-2008, 03:44 PM
about two years ago before LSU hired Les Miles there were rumors running rampant about Del Rio wanting to go to LSU....I agree, he'd make a helluva college coach...he'd probably be one of the best recruiters...

I remember that press conference when he announced Jones would be done for the 2006 season....he was just about in tears....what a great guy...you know, the Jaguars have been very fortunate to have two very good coaches in their 15 years of existence. Even if they are polar opposites.Gosh, can you imagine how Fred Taylor felt after meeting with Jack for the first time, after being coached by Coughlin for 5 years?

"So... what you're telling me is that... it's OK if I'm late for meetings sometimes?"
"Sure, Freddy. Just don't make a habit out of it."
"Well. See you at conditioning next week, Coach. I need to reassess my life."

JagHombre22
04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Gosh, can you imagine how Fred Taylor felt after meeting with Jack for the first time, after being coached by Coughlin for 5 years?

"So... what you're telling me is that... it's OK if I'm late for meetings sometimes?"
"Sure, Freddy. Just don't make a habit out of it."
"Well. See you at conditioning next week, Coach. I need to reassess my life."

yea...I seriously think when Weaver was looking for a coach back in 2002-03 he shy'd away from disciplinarians just because he saw what affect it had on the team....