PDA

View Full Version : Favre thinking about coming back(link)

ChezPower4
04-03-2008, 03:10 PM
The LA Times is reporting that Brett Favre's agent is quietly talking to teams about their interest in trading for Favre, according to league sources.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-favre4apr04,1,260934.story

I hope that this is not true, if Brett were to play for another team i would not be able to bear it. It would be like watching MJ play for the wizards.

art vandelay
04-03-2008, 03:11 PM
LOL, Favre never dies!!

Flyboy
04-03-2008, 03:11 PM
LOL. If true, stay classy, Favre.

Packer_Backer
04-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Eh, if we get something for him why not. It'll be like Montana with KC no one will remember that 10 years from now.

bearsfan_51
04-03-2008, 03:13 PM
I would probably body paint a Brett Favre jersey of his new team on my naked body and go pee all over the city of Green Bay if this is true.

Unfortunately, I really doubt they trade him, unless they want the entire state to rise up and murder them.

bearsfan_51
Eh, if we get something for him why not. It'll be like Montana with KC no one will remember that 10 years from now.
Everyone remembers Montana in Kansas City.

ChezPower4

Packer fans will though, I don't mind him coming back if were to play for Green Bay

princefielder28
Cook has already denied the rumors according to rotoworld

BaLLiN
04-03-2008, 03:14 PM
maybe the accidental signing to the Dolphins wasnt an accident? hmmm, Bill Parcells and Favre are quiet the schemers

SaintsFanForLife
04-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Dot see this going down. But we have seen **** like this happen before.

GB12
04-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Enough with this **** already. Just because he has turned in his retirement papers yet eveyone wants to make a big story about it.

Hell, the article even says it's not true.

Packer_Backer
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Everyone remembers Montana in Kansas City.

When you see career retro's they usually just focus on his success in SF. I can't say I have seen a whole lot on his time in KC.

badgerbacker
04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
This is stupid. He said the only reason he would have to come back is to win the Super Bowl. What team has a better chance to win it than the Packers and needs a quarterback? You might be able to argue some teams would have a shot, but not that much more of a shot than the Packers, who were one game away last year. He's not coming back.

Whistler6
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
On Espn.com Favre's agent shoots down any and all rumors of a comeback. He even said "you can quote me on that"

Favre's done, it was a stupid rumor

PackerLegend
04-03-2008, 04:26 PM
By Favre saying and having a retirement press conference, in my mind that means its over. I love Favre but I would be extremely angered at him if he decided he would want to play again for the Packers. This is Aaron's team now and he is probably super excited to finally play and would become angered if Favre came back. I wouldn't be against trading him like many fans would because if he wants to play great but I feel like he has handed the team to Rodgers so we might as well get something for him. I would be extremely dissapointed to see him in another uniform...not something Favre seemed like he ever wanted. Anyways ya the rumors are totally false according to his agent and McCarthy has also said he is 100% sure Favre is done.

Packer_Backer
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
He should really sign the papers soon and make it official, so all this nonsense can stop.

TitleTown088
04-03-2008, 04:40 PM
I hate ESPN so much. Idiot dickweeds.

DaBears9654
04-03-2008, 05:46 PM
This was probably started by Skip Brainless, who said that Favre's retirement was a hoax.

TitleTown088
04-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Packers GM Ted Thompson called a Brett Favre return to football "inconceivable."
"We don't know anything about it," Thompson added.

over.

Bucs_Rule
04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Why would Farve want to be traded from a 13-3 team? He didn't want to be traded when they were awful, so he wants to leave when their good.

Thunder&Lightning
04-03-2008, 09:00 PM
dont believe the rumors but if it is true and favre does end up coming back... his reputation would be tarnished in my eyes.

The Legend
04-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Agent James "Bus" Cook said he was not aware of Favre's interest in coming back from retirement.

"That's news to me," Cook said Thursday in a telephone interview. "I don't think that has anything to do with anything. He's retired, period, point blank."

Favre's rights still belong to the Packers, who could trade him to another team.

i dont think hes coming back

i want Favre to comeback so badly i love to watch him play, i just want to watch him play, if i had to pick Ravens cause ill get season tickets

TitleTown088
04-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Wow, what a surprise. That's the last thing I'm thinking about,'' Favre told SI.com. "I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn't come from me. I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision.' I know it's the right one.''
It's crazy to me that I'm the guy they're all talking about, and the story is out there everywhere, and I have nothing to do with it,'' he said. "It's not something I'm thinking about. It's kind of funny. Even when I'm retired, they won't let me stay retired.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/04/04/favre.denial/index.html

He also played with a hernia this season. What a stud.

He thinks he has a hernia, suffered late in the season, and was going to see about getting it repaired.

Addict
04-04-2008, 12:44 PM
By Favre saying and having a retirement press conference, in my mind that means its over. I love Favre but I would be extremely angered at him if he decided he would want to play again for the Packers. This is Aaron's team now and he is probably super excited to finally play and would become angered if Favre came back. I wouldn't be against trading him like many fans would because if he wants to play great but I feel like he has handed the team to Rodgers so we might as well get something for him. I would be extremely dissapointed to see him in another uniform...not something Favre seemed like he ever wanted. Anyways ya the rumors are totally false according to his agent and McCarthy has also said he is 100% sure Favre is done.

I agree with you, Favre coming back now (and it ain't gonna happen) would probably do more harm than good for the packers. They need to move on, and Rodgers deserves his shot.

I think at this point any rumor or story about a Favre comeback is wishful thinking.

tjpackers
04-09-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree but i don't think it would be a bad thing he would be able to play well beyond wat some people think
I do want him to come back but he probably won't

umphrey
04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
posted this in the team boards

No one would say so publicly but that could be our plan instead of signing a veteran backup. It would only happen if Rodgers had a season ending injury and we were in contention, but still who knows if Favre would be in playing shape at that point.

It's an unlikely scenario but not something you can write off entirely.

Addict
04-09-2008, 04:19 PM
posted this in the team boards

No one would say so publicly but that could be our plan instead of signing a veteran backup. It would only happen if Rodgers had a season ending injury and we were in contention, but still who knows if Favre would be in playing shape at that point.

to me it's still wishful thinking. Favre retired, show's over.

umphrey
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm not wishing for anything. I consider a comeback under any other circumstances to be disastrous. Like I said:

JF4
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Someone lock this thread. Favre ain't coming back.

Addict
04-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Someone lock this thread. Favre ain't coming back.

If I were mod, it would have been closed already. This discussion makes no sense.

JF4
04-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I blame this all on JBond

tjpackers
04-10-2008, 10:40 AM
he said he might if aaron gets injured and they need him if its like a 4 week injury he won't come back it would have to be a season ending injury other wise its just a waist of his time