PDA

View Full Version : Browns DB Wright Jailed

Yung Flippa
04-03-2008, 11:21 PM
PEARLAND, Texas - Cleveland Browns defensive back Kenny Wright was arrested Thursday after police said he led them on a quarter-mile foot chase that began in the parking lot of the police station.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 30-year-old Wright faces a misdemeanor charge of unlawful restraint, a misdemeanor charge of evading arrest and a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana. He remained in the Pearland City Jail on Thursday night pending a bond hearing Friday.

Pearland police said officers were investigating a disturbance in the police station parking lot around 11:30 a.m. Thursday. When officers approached Wright, he took off running and was eventually caught in a nearby subdivision.

"We had people on scene pretty fast and I believe because of our quick response time and the mental and physical toughness of our officers to catch offenders, we were able to get him in custody quickly and safely," Sgt. Roy Castillo said.

Police said they found 1.875 ounces of marijuana in Wright's vehicle.

A jail official told The Associated Press he did not know if Wright has an attorney.

If found guilty on the unlawful restraint charge, Wright faces up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine. If found guilty on the other charges, Wright faces up to six months in jail and a $2,000 fine on each charge.

Wright, who attended Northwestern State in Louisiana, was a fourth-round pick in the 1999 draft by the Minnesota Vikings. The nine-year veteran also has played for Houston, Jacksonville and Washington. He has seven career interceptions.

Houston television station KRIV first reported the arrest.

Pearland is about 15 miles south of Houston.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080404/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_browns_arrest

princefielder28
04-03-2008, 11:22 PM
When I saw the headline I immediately thought Eric Wright, but thankfully for Browns fans it wasn't

derza222
04-03-2008, 11:59 PM
When I saw the headline I immediately thought Eric Wright, but thankfully for Browns fans it wasn't

I thought the same thing, weren't there some off the field questions for him last year coming into the draft? Definitely a good thing for the Browns that it wasn't him he could be a very important player for them next year especially after dealing Bodden.

PalmerToCJ
04-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Well he's cut.

Not because he got busted but the fact that he couldn't outrun the cops.

Geo
04-04-2008, 12:11 AM
When I saw the headline I immediately thought Eric Wright
My thoughts exactly. You know you spend too much time on NFLDC when we're all thinking the same thing. :D

btw, despite the drugs in his car and him running for the cops, he's totally not guilty according to him and we should hear his side of the story, you know? This was all taken out of context.

Go_Eagles77
04-04-2008, 01:35 PM
My thoughts exactly. You know you spend too much time on NFLDC when we're all thinking the same thing. :D

haha same here

defensiveback23
04-04-2008, 02:15 PM
They must have some pretty freaking fast cops to catch a pro DB. I'm just happy to hear it wasn't Eric Wright also because he was one of my favorite prospects in last year's draft.

bigbluedefense
04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
is it really that hard to NOT be an idiot?

i mean seriously, it baffles me how some of these guys just throw it all away.

A Perfect Score
04-04-2008, 02:54 PM
whoa thought it was eric wright ahahhaa...

and come on, the browns cant be too sad about losing this guy, he couldnt even outrun the cops.

DeathbyStat
04-04-2008, 02:57 PM

I thought it was Eric Wright and I was over joyed.

yourfavestoner
04-04-2008, 03:10 PM
What a ******* dumbass....
Why the hell would you be creating a disturbance in the police station parking lot at 11:30 in the afternoon when you've got two ounces of dro on you.

Stupid. Just absolutely stupid.

Redskins4Bowl26
04-05-2008, 11:49 AM
"We had people on scene pretty fast and I believe because of our quick response time and the mental and physical toughness of our officers to catch offenders, we were able to get him in custody quickly and safely," Sgt. Roy Castillo said.

Dude... He was in your parking lot lolol...

Well, glad he ain't on the Redskins anymore.

Addict
04-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Am I the only one concerned about the fact he's an NFL defensive back who got caught in a footrace by cops?

keylime_5
04-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Am I the only one concerned about the fact he's an NFL defensive back who got caught in a footrace by cops?

he was probably baked.

LonghornsLegend
04-05-2008, 12:39 PM

This is Eric Wright for the Browns isnt it? Im confused.

Yung Flippa
04-05-2008, 12:46 PM
This is Eric Wright for the Browns isnt it? Im confused.

It's Kenny Wright.

eliteeagle
04-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Well he's cut.

Not because he got busted but the fact that he couldn't outrun the cops.

thats not nearly as bad as his mugshot

http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/kennywright.JPG

regoob2
04-05-2008, 01:00 PM
thats not nearly as bad as his mugshot

http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/kennywright.JPG
WOW, ya he was messed up. He looks homeless. Good decision Kenny good decision.

Prowler
04-05-2008, 01:00 PM
was he farming at the time? or is that official jailwear

Addict
04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
he was probably baked.

he ran a 4.59 forty in the combine. The browns should find out who the cop was who caught him and sign that guy pronto.

regoob2
04-05-2008, 01:04 PM
he ran a 4.59 forty in the combine. The browns should find out who the cop was who caught him and sign that guy pronto.
No only how stupid can you be to actually be high and have weed on you while your strolling through the police station looking like that but how could you possibly get caught by the police.

Addict
04-05-2008, 01:06 PM
No only how stupid can you be to actually be high and have weed on you while your strolling through the police station looking like that but how could you possibly get caught by the police.

first of all:

joke (jk)
n.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal
a. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
b. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
v. joked, jok·ing, jokes
v.intr.
1. To tell or play jokes; jest.
2. To speak in fun; be facetious.
v.tr.
To make fun of; tease.

second of all: he's a moron all-round, I wasn't really denying that at any point.

regoob2
04-05-2008, 01:08 PM
first of all:

joke (jk)
n.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal
a. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
b. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
v. joked, jok·ing, jokes
v.intr.
1. To tell or play jokes; jest.
2. To speak in fun; be facetious.
v.tr.
To make fun of; tease.

second of all: he's a moron all-round, I wasn't really denying that at any point.I probably shouldnt have quoted your statement. I got the joke my bad.

DawgBone
04-05-2008, 02:52 PM
When he acts like this, I wonder if he knew he wouldnt be playing for the Browns allready? And that the Browns wanted to keep it on the downlow incase it might give away their plans to take a CB in RD4? Turns out while being a jobless bum he gets into trouble and blows the cover-up?

Highly unlikely, but with everything so secretive nowadays you never know.

JT Jag
04-07-2008, 01:02 PM
he ran a 4.59 forty in the combine. The browns should find out who the cop was who caught him and sign that guy pronto.At the combine.

9 years ago.

diabsoule
04-07-2008, 04:37 PM

I thought the same thing too. I guess you know what happens when you assume.

Addict
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I thought the same thing too. I guess you know what happens when you assume.

you become an 'assumer'?