PDA

View Full Version : Ray Rice???

DonWoods33
04-04-2008, 09:58 AM
If the Chargers are able to package their #1 pick at 27, and gather more selections in the second and third rounds. Would do you all think of taking RB Ray Rice Rutgers, if they get a late second early third pick? Obviously he is not going to play a whole lot right away, but he just turned 21, was super productive in college. And has the same kind of measurables that another back that Norv Turner was very familiar with: Emmitt Smith. Looking down road since he is so young, he could make a great understudy, and heir apparent to Tomlinson. He has enough tools, the right attitude, to be a legit #1 back in the league.

zdh87
04-04-2008, 11:19 AM
As I've posted previously in other threads, I really think that we should trade out of the first round; however, I don't think that Ray Rice is worth trading for. If we can get him in the 3rd with a pick in the trade, then great but I don't think he's a 2nd round back. Ray Rice has lots of mileage on the tires, but he was very productive. With any luck, we can get another stud like Michael Turner to back up LT.

ChefMike
04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
I can't agree more about trading the Pick. Stockpile picks for next year or this year depending on what your real needs are. DB could use some assistance, back up to LT another WR, LB Depth, but a lot of depth type guys in the draft this year... no reason not to trade out to a team that is looking at that guy that is falling in the 1st rd and no one can understand why... ie Brady Quinn, Aaron Rodgers, etc. and give that 1st rder to someone that needs it badly..

defensiveback23
04-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I'd rather have Tashard Choice, Matt Forté or Kevin Smith personally.

Thunder&Lightning
04-07-2008, 06:50 AM
I'd rather have Tashard Choice, Matt Forté or Kevin Smith personally.

Ya I agree. I would like for them to trade the pick but there are a lot more better options that should be available than Ray Rice.

bergo23
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I would love them to get Kevin Smith. I still think if Cherilus is there at @27 they take him.

Thunder&Lightning
04-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I would love them to get Kevin Smith. I still think if Cherilus is there at @27 they take him.

Are you talking about drafting Kevin Smith in round one if cherilus is gone??? This thread is talking about drafting a Running Back in the later rounds... or if a trade is made for additional picks.

defensiveback23
04-09-2008, 03:43 PM
BTW guys, a name to look out for in the 5th for us is Cory Boyd. At his proday a Chargers scout deemed him "the perfect replacement" for Turner.

bergo23
04-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Are you talking about drafting Kevin Smith in round one if cherilus is gone??? This thread is talking about drafting a Running Back in the later rounds... or if a trade is made for additional picks.

No, I meant if they trade #27 and get a second and a third, you could get Smith in the 3rd........and get a position of higher need (RT, Carl Nicks?) in the second.

Just based on Scott's scouting reports, Smith seems to have more upside and could bulk up more with his frame in the LT training program.

Appreciate the Cory Boyd thought, I know AJ has someone in mind for day 2 as a RB.......it may be a guy like Boyd.

zdh87
04-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I live in SC, so I have seen Boyd play a lot. He does not impress me at all, and his character leaves a bit to be desired. I would much prefer taking one of the fullback tweeners like Jacob Hester, who Norv could move around and who is a GREAT special teamer, than Boyd in the middle rounds.