PDA

View Full Version : Overall FO has done a good job!

bigsmooth51
04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Anyone that has followed the Steelers knows we dont spend alot in free agency, but they usually do a good job at finding second tier talent and then coaching them up.We have a solid center this year and that should make the o-line better.We have alot of options with our first round draft pick.

mikehop05
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Anyone that has followed the Steelers knows we dont spend alot in free agency, but they usually do a good job at finding second tier talent and then coaching them up.We have a solid center this year and that should make the o-line better.We have alot of options with our first round draft pick.

yeah i agree we potentially filled two holes in signing a possible kr/pr, and a potential starting center..

i read that mahan may be cut after june 1st... which would be a good idea imo

Mr. Stiller
04-05-2008, 11:15 PM
yeah i agree we potentially filled two holes in signing a possible kr/pr, and a potential starting center..

i read that mahan may be cut after june 1st... which would be a good idea imo

I don't know where you read that but he'd be an additional 225k against the cap or more (I forget).. He'll be a backup until next year where it'd actually be cheaper to cut.

TheWood56
04-06-2008, 02:17 AM
I actually read that somewhere aswell, but pretty sure they just said it was an option they could consider.

mikehop05
04-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't know where you read that but he'd be an additional 225k against the cap or more (I forget).. He'll be a backup until next year where it'd actually be cheaper to cut.

Pittsburgh could designate Mahan as a June 1 cut, which would split up the bonus money charges. His $2.175 million salary would be a credit to the cap and his bonus of $2.4 million would be split between 2008 and 2009. The net result would be a $975,000 savings to the cap.

from nfl.com