PDA

View Full Version : Player you're most excited about?

PalmerToCJ
04-07-2008, 12:42 AM
I'd have to say hands down Chinedum Ndukwe.

He was a stud out there last year.

45 tackles
6 PD's
3 INT's
1 TD
2 Sacks

As a freaking 7th round rookie and he only started TWO games.

I'm obviously excited to see what Ahmad/Odell do but I'm just not sure what kind of year they'll have. Not confident with Ahmad's health and Odell has so many screwed up things happen who knows what to expect.

I also hope Marvin White wins the starting job. Him and Ndukwe can flat out bring the wood. We'd have one of the hardest hitting saftey combo's in the league (granted that's worth nothing), they're the hardest hitters we've had in quite some time.

Shahin
04-07-2008, 02:11 AM
Good question... I dunno about player that I'm most excited about because I was pretty excited about Chris Henry this year but yeah.

As a unit, I'm excited to see how our LB'ers perform, especially with Odell back. Odell and Ahmad seem like a great pair right there, and picking up Keith Rivers would be pretty nice. We'll see.

Bengalsrocket
04-07-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm excited to see how Leon Hall and JJ come into their own - when you spend back to back 1st round picks on corners, its semi I upsetting as a fan when people tell you, "your team is terrible at defense".

Heres to hoping a matured set of defensive backs, a returning linebacker corp and hopefully a well drafted DL can move us out of this terrible era of bad bengals defense.

themaninblack
04-07-2008, 04:01 PM
i'm really just excited to see if the defense can maintain some semblance of health and finally have the right players on the field to actually be a formidable unit. we've got a solid group of guys if we are healthy/trouble free and they could really surprise this year. That said, I REALLY want to see Ahmad and Odell just go insane on opposing offenses. Picking up Rivers/Ellis would be a great addition as well.

PalmerToCJ
04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm trying to not get myself too excited... But with JJ/Hall at CB shutting people down, Odell/Ahmad being beasts at LB and Chinny/White laying people out we'd have a pretty physical team. That along with Geathers/Peko/Odom and probably Rivers/Ellis.

There's hope at least.

Bengalsrocket
04-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I honestly think our defense will improve even without this draft. Odell coming back, Leon Hall and JJ matured a lot as players, Chinny and White proved they could become starters and we brought in Odom (the only argument against Odom is he played well standing next to Haynesworth, but I think he'll do well in cincy anyways).

themaninblack
04-07-2008, 07:00 PM
i think we're in the 15-20 range as far as rankings go right now with full health, adding another piece like ellis or rivers could solidify that even more.

ThePudge
04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I'll take Kenny Irons here. Would like to see how he contributes in his first real season. The offense was deadly in 2005 with Perry as our speed back/3rd down option, it could be the same story with Irons, we'll have to wait and see.

themaninblack
04-07-2008, 09:17 PM
im excited about Irons as well but I was under the impression his rehab isnt going as planned? I think i was one of the few here who liked picking him.

PalmerToCJ
04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I'd be excited about Irons or Perry if health wasn't such a question.

Perry was massive for this offense.

rickscott
04-08-2008, 01:20 AM
I am also most anxious to see Brooks and Thurman teamsed up on the field at the same time hopefully. That said, Chine, white, and the CBs all look great

J24
04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Johnathen Joseph- I think this kid can become a probowl type corner in the nfl for many years to come.
I am not so confident in the rest of the secondary because both safties have little Experience( espically white) and Hall to me is overated by most bengal fans although I do like him as a player I just dont see stardom in his future (like Hall) more like a solid 2 CB.

PalmerToCJ
04-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I think in Hall we're looking at a pre-toasted Tory James. Maybe not quite as bad getting beat deep but James made plays before he started getting destroyed.

themaninblack
04-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I think we all kind of realize that Hall could be a great 2CB but the numero uno is definitely JJ. I love Hall's tackling abilities and his Coverage skills, while not elite, are good enough to get the job done IMO. His ball skills were pretty surprising as well.

Bengals78
04-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Hall performed surprisingly well IMO. I am most excited about Odell coming back and the punch in the mouth he brings to the defense