PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing a Dolphins mock draft and would appreciate some input

Unbiased
04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
We're doing a mock draft on another site and I'm the Dolphins. I took Gholston #1 and Cherilus #32. What positions should I address for the rest of the draft? I was thinking Wheeler with the next pick in the 2nd round.

http://www.fvsports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59616

This link is for your reference only. I am not encouraging you to become a member, as you do not need to sign up to view the mock draft thread.

Any advice is appreciated.

Joeyjr09
04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
If you can trade down a handful of spots and get an extra pick, do it. If not, look at Chilo Rachal, Erin Henderson, James Hardy and Cliff Avril before looking at Wheeler.

thebow305
04-08-2008, 01:53 AM
We're doing a mock draft on another site and I'm the Dolphins. I took Gholston #1 and Cherilus #32. What positions should I address for the rest of the draft? I was thinking Wheeler with the next pick in the 2nd round.

http://www.fvsports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59616

This link is for your reference only. I am not encouraging you to become a member, as you do not need to sign up to view the mock draft thread.

Any advice is appreciated.

Man, I hope we take Gholston and Cherilus with our actual first two picks on April 26th. :)

KCJ58
04-08-2008, 01:55 AM
who makes your sigs thebow?

Unbiased
04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Man, I hope we take Gholston and Cherilus with our actual first two picks on April 26th. :)

If you look how it played out, Otah almost fell into my lap.

Joeyjr09
04-08-2008, 01:59 PM
If you look how it played out, Otah almost fell into my lap.

Yea I saw that. Kinda disappointed you didn't trade up to get him. Could have dealt down later in the draft to make up for the pick you would have lost trading up for Otah.

thebow305
04-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Yea I saw that. Kinda disappointed you didn't trade up to get him. Could have dealt down later in the draft to make up for the pick you would have lost trading up for Otah.

Agreed. Otah would have been a great pickup, but Gosder will do just fine.

Unbiased
04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Just to update you guys....

I was off for a while so they picked for me. Gave me Wheeler with some quality guys still on the board, but I like him as a prospect. I took Brandon Flowers at the top of the 3rd. We stop after the 4th round. I'll look OG for that pick.

Unbiased
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
3. Brandon Flowers, CB
4. Eric Young, OG

Joeyjr09
04-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
3. Brandon Flowers, CB
4. Eric Young, OG

Solid overall. Would have rather gone like this:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Brandon Flowers, CB
3. Red Bryant, NT
4. Eric Young, OG

So really the only thing I didn't like was taking Wheeler instead of Bryant but outside of that, I think it's a very solid overall draft. Would no mind it at all.

thebow305
04-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
3. Brandon Flowers, CB
4. Eric Young, OG

I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I would've liked to get a quality tight end though in the 1st 4 rounds somewhere.

Unbiased
04-17-2008, 01:56 AM
I'd be pretty happy with that draft. I would've liked to get a quality tight end though in the 1st 4 rounds somewhere.

Bennett almost fell to me with the 57th pick. Didn't think it was important enough to trade up for, though. I also just traded JT for pick 109, mainly because I wanted to keep picking. I'm thinking Rubin, Rucker, Finley, or Quentin Demps.

Joeyjr09
04-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Bennett almost fell to me with the 57th pick. Didn't think it was important enough to trade up for, though. I also just traded JT for pick 109, mainly because I wanted to keep picking. I'm thinking Rubin, Rucker, Finley, or Quentin Demps.

Well stupid trade for JT but w/e, it's just for fun anyways. Definately target Rubin. That will make up for Red Bryant eariler and make Wheeler a better pick.

thebow305
04-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Well stupid trade for JT but w/e, it's just for fun anyways. Definately target Rubin. That will make up for Red Bryant eariler and make Wheeler a better pick.

I'd say Rucker, but Rubin would also be a smart choice, especially this late in the draft.

Unbiased
04-18-2008, 12:06 AM
I'd say Rucker, but Rubin would also be a smart choice, especially this late in the draft.

I went Rucker, before I saw the last two posts, because they're talking about going the full 7 rounds (which ruins the point of the JT trade but oh well). These guys don't pay as much attention to the draft as the posters here, so I'm confident Rubin will be available in the 5th round.

thebow305
04-18-2008, 01:17 PM
I went Rucker, before I saw the last two posts, because they're talking about going the full 7 rounds (which ruins the point of the JT trade but oh well). These guys don't pay as much attention to the draft as the posters here, so I'm confident Rubin will be available in the 5th round.

Nice. A very quality TE who can catch and block equally well. Will be a HUGE upgrade, IMO, over David Martin. Rucker is still very underrated.

etk
04-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Here's how it went down:

1. Vernon Gholston, OLB
2a. Gosder Cherilus, RT
2b. Phillip Wheeler, ILB
3. Brandon Flowers, CB
4. Eric Young, OG

Wow....that's what I call building a foundation. Young is pretty boom/bust though.