PDA

View Full Version : Dookie Is In Trouble (Doesn't Involve Poop And A Closet)

PackerLegend
04-07-2008, 09:31 PM
rotoworld
A woman who accused Najeh Davenport of domestic violence testified against him in court on Monday.

The woman says Davenport abused her often, including slapping, choking, and punching her in the stomach on October 4. He's also charged with child endangerment. Davenport is not only at risk of punishment from the NFL, the Steelers may consider releasing him, especially if he's convicted.

He isn't gulity of anything yet but if he is it could be trouble. He had one of his best years last year. I dont know whats going on but it seems like alot of problems like this occur in the NFL. Unforunatley I know things like this happen everywhere else to but we just don't hear about them.

Geo
04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Do the Steelers award roster bonuses to players who abuse women?

brat316
04-07-2008, 09:38 PM
what is that this year three players, Ced Wilson, Najeh and Harrison. Well Najeh might be released now.

PalmerToCJ
04-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Bengals like to drink and drive.

Steelers beat their women.

Interesting read on it all..
http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/03/16/sports/steelers/doc47ddede3232a3317711311.txt

DeathbyStat
04-07-2008, 09:45 PM
rotoworld

He isn't gulity of anything yet but if he is it could be trouble. He had one of his best years last year. I dont know whats going on but it seems like alot of problems like this occur in the NFL. Unforunatley I know things like this happen everywhere else to but we just don't hear about them.

To me he was awfull last year...i don't care what his stats were. He runs way to0 soft for a player if his size and stature.

I truly hate the way this man plays the game of football and apperently he isn't much better off the field.

Flyboy
04-07-2008, 09:50 PM

Cooooold-blooded!

Nitschke-Hawk
04-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Where are they now? former Packer RBs from a few years ago. Ahman Green, Najeh, Samkon freakin Gado, Tony Fisher.

regoob2
04-07-2008, 10:39 PM
During the combine I think they prepare these guys how to do drugs and beat there wives.

PackerLegend
04-07-2008, 11:09 PM
For anyone who doesn't know how Najeh Davenport got the name "Dookie"........ Once upon a time, Najeh Davenport pooped in a womans shoe inside a closet. The End

Sorry story time wasn't longer thats all I really know about the pooping incident.

ChezPower4
04-08-2008, 02:12 AM

Would not surpise me at the rate that these cases are popping up.

BlindSite
04-08-2008, 02:26 AM

Guilty before conviction eh.

Mr. Stiller
04-08-2008, 03:02 AM
To me he was awfull last year...i don't care what his stats were. He runs way to0 soft for a player if his size and stature.

I truly hate the way this man plays the game of football and apperently he isn't much better off the field.

He's pretty soft when beating up his women too.

KDKA was at the scene, and at the prelimary court hearing..

Didn't have a bruise, a cut... for how bad of a brutalization as she's making it out.. he must've beaten her with one of those heavy ass feathers.

Addict
04-08-2008, 03:06 AM
For anyone who doesn't know how Najeh Davenport got the name "Dookie"........ Once upon a time, Najeh Davenport pooped in a womans shoe inside a closet. The End

Sorry story time wasn't longer thats all I really know about the pooping incident.

... he pooped into a womans shoe in a closet? What the hell is wrong with that dude?

Addict
04-08-2008, 03:11 AM
He's pretty soft when beating up his women too.

KDKA was at the scene, and at the prelimary court hearing..

Didn't have a bruise, a cut... for how bad of a brutalization as she's making it out.. he must've beaten her with one of those heavy ass feathers.

please, tell me you did not just try to trivialize domestic abuse

Mr. Stiller
04-08-2008, 03:26 AM
please, tell me you did not just try to trivialize domestic abuse

What I trivialized was a few things.

1) Society ~ if a man beats man, people cheer. If woman beats man, people laugh at man. If man beats woman, he's chastised. What happened to equality?

2) Court system ~ By word of abuse or rape a mans life can be ruined, regardless if he's found guilty or not. Once his name is associated with domestic abuse or rape, he's basically blackballed. (Duke rape case?)

3) The woman herself. I saw the tape of it right after it happened and in court the following week. She has less flaws on her than most supermodels. Not a scratch, bruise, nick, gash, nada. Not even a spot of acne. I find it hard to believe that if she was beaten to a pulp like she has described, especially by a 6'1 240lb man, she would CERTAINLY have some mark or bruise or cut as physical evidence.

I think I've made my point. If you can see the video clip.. She's not marked at all.

Add to the fact that Najeh was the only one with any sort of mark, where she had scratched him.. Why can't he press charges?

Addict
04-08-2008, 03:36 AM
What I trivialized was a few things.

1) Society ~ if a man beats man, people cheer. If woman beats man, people laugh at man. If man beats woman, he's chastised. What happened to equality?

2) Court system ~ By word of abuse or rape a mans life can be ruined, regardless if he's found guilty or not. Once his name is associated with domestic abuse or rape, he's basically blackballed. (Duke rape case?)

3) The woman herself. I saw the tape of it right after it happened and in court the following week. She has less flaws on her than most supermodels. Not a scratch, bruise, nick, gash, nada. Not even a spot of acne. I find it hard to believe that if she was beaten to a pulp like she has described, especially by a 6'1 240lb man, she would CERTAINLY have some mark or bruise or cut as physical evidence.

I think I've made my point. If you can see the video clip.. She's not marked at all.

Add to the fact that Najeh was the only one with any sort of mark, where she had scratched him.. Why can't he press charges?

Women beating on men is just as bad (if not worse because it usually goes unreported) but the thing is that doesn't make the fact he beat a girl any less bad. Two wrongs don't make one right.

Also, the fact society reacts to the words 'rape' and 'domestic abuse' is, in my mind, nothing but a good thing. I'd be worried if people went "oh you're a rapist? Welcome to the neighbourhood, could you babysit my kids next week?". Sure the slander and public outcry is a bit over the top, and it really hurts when the accused is innocent (not to mention the leverage women have because of it) but I think the fact rapists and abusers are blacklisted is a good thing more often than a bad thing.

I didn't see the girl, so won't comment on her appearence.

Mr. Stiller
04-08-2008, 03:52 AM
Women beating on men is just as bad (if not worse because it usually goes unreported) but the thing is that doesn't make the fact he beat a girl any less bad. Two wrongs don't make one right.

Agreed, but not in the face of the majority of society. Double standards.. just like when a 25 year old female teacher sleeps with a 13 year old male student.. People aren't as outraged as when a 23 year old male teacher sleeps with an 18 year old female student.

I'm not saying 2 wrongs make a right. But if both are wrong, why are they normally viewed with 2 differing levels of animosity.

Also, the fact society reacts to the words 'rape' and 'domestic abuse' is, in my mind, nothing but a good thing.

I'm glad they react, they should. There's a different from a reaction and over the top reaction. Instance... Duke Rape Case. That ruined those 3 guys lives, the Duke Lacrosse team has that stigma looming over their head and the Lacrosse teams season cancelled (From all reports they would've had a chance at a title). Why? The power of 1 woman lying. 1 single woman telling a lie had shut down not only 3 peoples lives, a sports team, shocked a school, and the nation. To find out 3 months later, she lied. This jump to conclusions is against the very details the legal system was built on... Innocent until proven guilty. Thats the case in most court cases, but is severely lacking in rape/domestic abuse cases. People are quick to assume "Man slapped woman". I've always thought Motive was more important than crime itself. Why? The reason behind the crime is usually more defining than the crime. Why did he slap the woman? We don't know, but anytime one of these threads are posted about anyone, it's always "There's no reason to hit a woman". I wouldn't hit someone un-provoked.. But if everyone is supposed to be equal, if a woman hits me, why is it such a crime to punch her back?

I'd be worried if people went "oh you're a rapist? Welcome to the neighbourhood, could you babysit my kids next week?".

I think you're missing my point.

1) Guilty until proven innocent is rampant in rape/domestic battery/abuse cases.
2) The Sexist nature involved. Man hit man =ok/applauded.. Woman hit man = no biggy, shes just a woman. Man hit woman = get crucifix.

I'm not saying that someone convicted shouldn't make you uncomfortable or everyone should be comfortable with a convicted felon. My point is before they even know if he's convicted, even before the case see's the courtroom, that title of rapist/woman beater is connected to his name.. Forever.

Sure the slander and public outcry is a bit over the top, and it really hurts when the accused is innocent (not to mention the leverage women have because of it)

Here's my point (Bolded). The leverage a woman has. Why does a woman have so much leverage? The minute she screams rape.. that person is guilty until proven innocent. Just like abuse. He hit me.. regardless of fact or fiction, that man has a bad rep and why? Because the power of a lie. Thats my issue. Just like the outcry of this case. I've seen the woman. I can't fathom her being beaten. I can see her getting a slap, or something light in nature, still wrong and I disagree with it. But at the same time.. if she was brutalized so bad, how is her face/neck/arms flawless. Thats my issue, I think James and Cedrick deserve whats coming to them. However I think Dookie is a victim of a womans word vs. his. He's the guy with Big money, she wanted to break it off... He said he wanted custody. They get into a slap fight, He gets all the blame.. :rolleyes:

but I think the fact rapists and abusers are blacklisted is a good thing more often than a bad thing.

I agree CONVICTED people should be blacklisted. But society blacklists those 2 people as soon as they're connected. Regardless of validity.

I didn't see the girl, so won't comment on her appearence.

Trust me, nothing was wrong with her.

Jakey
04-08-2008, 11:01 AM
He sucks at running...he beats up women...i.e. He is a loser, and i hope we cut him right away!

Turtlepower
04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I can't honestly believe that you are condoning domestic violence in the least bit... That is just shocking.

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2008, 11:07 AM
It really should be what the womans lawyer say:

Trust me, its true, he is a Steeler after all! (dont take it to seriously Steelerfans)

Jakey
04-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Rarrrrrrrrrr!!! Rep rape!!!

Just kidding man...Ced Wilson and Dookie are both losers...and James Harrison is just an animal. The rest of the team are all ok :)

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I know they are ;) I like the steelers

Addict
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
He sucks at running...he beats up women...i.e. He is a loser, and i hope we cut him right away!

don't forget: probably makes more money than any of us.

Mr. Stiller
04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I can't honestly believe that you are condoning domestic violence in the least bit... That is just shocking.

Me?

I'm not condoning it. I'm merely saying that social view of these situations.

read it again and more slowly.

Addict
04-08-2008, 12:15 PM

he's not saying it's not an issue. All he said was that sexual harrasment and domestic violence claims seem to fall outside the 'innocent until proven otherwise'-principals, upon which the legal system is pretty much based. People (mostly men) accused of such a crime are instantly transformed into social pariahs, they're essentially already condemned, which is an injustice.

(hope I summed up your point properly, stiller)

mikehop05
04-08-2008, 12:22 PM
he's not saying it's not an issue. All he said was that sexual harrasment and domestic violence claims seem to fall outside the 'innocent until proven otherwise'-principals, upon which the legal system is pretty much based. People (mostly men) accused of such a crime are instantly transformed into social pariahs, they're essentially already condemned, which is an injustice.

wow finally someone that reads a whole post and actually understands what people are saying instead of just jumping to conclusions

i applaud you

Raiderz4Life
04-08-2008, 09:44 PM
it amazes how some people can be so dense and 'cause of lack of a better term plain ********......the man has been accused....let the case go about and get settled before making him a convict. I agree fully with Stiller

Komp
04-08-2008, 09:56 PM
This is the worst thing a Steeler has done since Franco Harris robbed the Raiders of a Super Bowl....bad Franco bad!

TheGreatEscape
04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I hope he yelled "Ya B**** Ya!" as he hit her.

On a serious he may very well be innocent but I don't care, it's just Najeh Davenport it's not like he's good.

CC.SD
04-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah it's not like he's James Harrison.

Brent
04-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Maybe he was hitting her because he wanted to take his child to get baptized? If that was the case, then sonofabitch, he wont get in trouble!

Mr. Stiller
04-09-2008, 10:42 AM

Bingo!

And after seeing the video of this woman imimediately after this "went down" and in court a few days later to have the charges brought about.. I think her skin/face would make Tyra Banks Jelous. There wasn't even a scar, nick, pockmock, slightest sign of acne.

but Supposedly a 6'2 240lbs Man pummeled her to her near last breath. Yet Najeh is the only one with a mark on his face?

Fishy.

I mean, if she had a bruise, fingermarks on her neck cuts, or anything to show any physical assualt, I'd be calling for Dookies neck right now.

Hines
04-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I read that they have done it before but this time there were marks on her and all that. I am ashamed to be a Steeler fan when our players like to hit their women. Who next?

Mr. Stiller
04-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I read that they have done it before but this time there were marks on her and all that. I am ashamed to be a Steeler fan when our players like to hit their women. Who next?

Easy there tiger. There were no marks whatsoever on her.

I am disappointed in our guys this year, first major year for incidents off the field but it happens. I mean, when you have 60-70 players + Coaches, something is going to happen.

Hines
04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Easy there tiger. There were no marks whatsoever on her.

I am disappointed in our guys this year, first major year for incidents off the field but it happens. I mean, when you have 60-70 players + Coaches, something is going to happen.

No, I read that they have had more altercations then the one that Davenport got arrested by and she had marks on her. I think that is what she is taking to court with her.

But if that isnt the case I feel good that I could beat up Davenport and Wilson since they hit like pussies.

Mr. Stiller
04-10-2008, 12:59 AM
For those bashing Najeh... those people I was complaining about the Guilty until proven Innocent...

Najeh NOT GUILTY!

Jury Reaches Not Guilty Verdict In Davenport Trial
CLEVELAND (KDKA) ― The jury in the trial of Steeler Najeh Davenport has found him not guilty on all counts.

He was accused of punching and slapping the mother of his child, Anita Person, last fall in Cleveland, Ohio.

Davenport took the witness stand today before the defense rested its case.

Stay with KDKA for a live report from Cleveland.

http://kdka.com/local/Najeh.Davenport.trial.2.695744.html

Mr. Stiller
04-10-2008, 01:13 AM
In fact.

Not only did Najeh not assault her. SHE assaulted his other Son...

http://kdka.com/steelers/Najeh.Davenport.Trial.2.695266.html

Davenport's friend, witnessed the incident and took the stand in his defense.

She told the jury how a weekend visit turned into an ugly confrontation and described the fight.

"She grabs ... the head rest and just sits on Ali, he's in the child seat behind me, and I'm just in shock so I sit back, like against the dashboard and just like in total shock that this is going on," Rankin told the court.

"And Najeh starts yelling, 'Get off my son, get off my son!' and, 'You're crazy,' just like pleading her, 'Get off her son' and Najeh's just trying like get her to move, like, 'What are you doing?' ... He stopped the car."

Hines
04-10-2008, 02:57 PM
With all this, I really think Najeh needs a really strong TC to stay with the team. I can see him getting released as Parker, Moore and I even see Russell getting a lot of carries.

DeathbyStat
04-10-2008, 07:24 PM
With all this, I really think Najeh needs a really strong TC to stay with the team. I can see him getting released as Parker, Moore and I even see Russell getting a lot of carries.

Only if Russel really steps up

Mr. Stiller
04-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Only if Russel really steps up

I heard that Arians & Tomlin have him #2 on the depth chart already.

Hines
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Even if Russell doesnt play that well, he is too young and talented to leave on the bench. We will probably draft or sign a RB at the draft and they will over take Najeh. Najeh isnt the running back we thought he was since he is a way bigger Willie Parker.