PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Howard - Georgia

toddmlazarchick
04-08-2008, 10:11 AM
what round do you guys project him going??

art vandelay
04-08-2008, 10:18 AM
3-5 I think.

toonsterwu
04-08-2008, 10:23 AM
He's actually a tough one to figure. Skillset fits for a 3-4 OLB, but physically, isn't the best fit. He has the athleticism to play in a 4-3 LB role, but needs some time. I'm guessing 3rd round, simply because the athleticism is too tempting to let fall too far. In some respects, reminds me of Thomas Howard.

georgiafan
04-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I think 3rd or 4th

Jakey
04-08-2008, 10:52 AM
2nd - 3rd IMO

iloxygenil
04-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Bunch of SEC and UGA homers will say 3-5 I say he's more likely in the 5-undrafted range. He's okay, but he's nothing special. Not worth spending a 3rd rounder on at all. He'd be okay in the 3-4 OLB position, but he's even a little small for that. He's a good athlete, but he just does nothing for me as a prospect. He killed in the Hawaii game, but who didn't? If he goes before round 5 someone is reaching.

YAYareaRB
04-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't mind nabbing him in the 4th or 5th to be a situational pass rusher. His athleticism alone should get him drafted, anyone who says he won't get drafted is nuts!

Brothgar
04-08-2008, 11:01 AM
He's hard to place. If he were 30 lbs bigger he'd be a first round pick. But he's not and I'm not familiar with him enough to know if he can put on that weight without hurting that burst off the line and his scary edge rushing ability. That said I could see him going in the mid 4th - late 6th If his frame can hold said 30 lbs (I have no idea how you figure such things out) then he could go in the mid - late 3rd

bitonti
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
i'd say 4th or 5th.

BNad
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
double post

BNad
04-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Bunch of SEC and UGA homers will say 3-5 I say he's more likely in the 5-undrafted range. He's okay, but he's nothing special. Not worth spending a 3rd rounder on at all. He'd be okay in the 3-4 OLB position, but he's even a little small for that. He's a good athlete, but he just does nothing for me as a prospect. He killed in the Hawaii game, but who didn't? If he goes before round 5 someone is reaching.

Can't say I'm surprised by you hating yet another Georgia player. As you can see, people that aren't UGA or SEC affiliated think of him higher than you, too.

As a 3-4 team I'd take him around the 4th round, as a 4-3.. probably wouldn't, but he was a LB out of high school and could probably do it in time.

eaglesalltheway
04-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I'd say he goes anywhere from round 4 to 6.

georgiafan
04-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Saying he should go undrafted is just crazy he tested as well as any DE/LB at the combine. He had over 10 sacks and his only year starting so you can't say he is a workout warrior. Even if he is just a situational pass rusher someone will draft him long before the 7th round.

ChezPower4
04-08-2008, 12:07 PM
I think someone will fall in love with his speed and athletism and take him in the 3rd round

themaninblack
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
i could see him in the 3rd-5th range.

toonsterwu
04-08-2008, 01:10 PM
For some reason, sitting around right now, the thought of Tedy Brucshi out of college crossed my mind when thinking about Marcus Howard. Now, I don't believe Bruschi was anywhere this athletic, but I think there are some similarities.

Larry121283
04-08-2008, 02:04 PM
I think someone will fall in love with his speed and athletism and take him in the 3rd round
I agree with this post.

While, I think Howard isn't worth a 3rd rounder...someone will on draft, day...I am sure.

TheGreatEscape
04-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I think he's somewhere between the 2nd-4th round. He's a great pass rusher and his size is pretty good for an OLB in the 4-3, he has incredible quickness and agility and did some covering at Georgia.

BufFan71
04-08-2008, 03:36 PM
anyone think he could play DE in a 4-3 on a tampa 2 team
to play in pass rushing situations?

Thunder&Lightning
04-08-2008, 04:49 PM
3rd to 4th round

JagHombre22
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
He'd be a solid 3rd rounder

Geo
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
anyone think he could play DE in a 4-3 on a tampa 2 team to play in pass rushing situations?
Seems very similar to Robert Mathis in size/ability, I would suppose so.

Big_Pete
04-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I could see the Giants drafting him as early as the bottom of the 2nd round.

His speed and athleticism is top shelf. The Giants have shown with Umenyiora, they are happy to draft speed and athleticism despite general opinion of players draft value

Howard is best suited to a 4-3 OLB and needs time to develop. The Giants LBs are solid (if unspectacular), Howard would have the time he needs; particularly is Kiwanuka sticks at SLB (at least for the time being).

The Giants have been very willing to put college DEs at OLB (eg Kiwanuka, Torbor, Wilkinson)

Speed and athleticism is what the Giants really lack at LB, Howard addresses that big time.

A Perfect Score
04-08-2008, 05:28 PM
i see antwan barnes when i look at him...and barnes went in the 4th...i think thats an appropriate grade for howard as well...i think howard will tear it up as a LB in hte pros, or possibly as a DE for a team like the colts...he could also be an elvis dumervil type player for someone, a situational pass rusher he will succeed somewhere

TheGreatEscape
04-08-2008, 05:29 PM
I could see the Giants drafting him as early as the bottom of the 2nd round.

His speed and athleticism is top shelf. The Giants have shown with Umenyiora, they are happy to draft speed and athleticism despite general opinion of players draft value

Howard is best suited to a 4-3 OLB and needs time to develop. The Giants LBs are solid (if unspectacular), Howard would have the time he needs; particularly is Kiwanuka sticks at SLB (at least for the time being).

The Giants have been very willing to put college DEs at OLB (eg Kiwanuka, Torbor, Wilkinson)

Speed and athleticism is what the Giants really lack at LB, Howard addresses that big time.

I would really like him in the third, but in the second we have to go secondary, cb or safety depending on round 1.

Big_Pete
04-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I would really like him in the third, but in the second we have to go secondary, cb or safety depending on round 1.

Possibly, but I suspect the Giants will have Marcus Howard rated alot higher than any of the DBs that will likely be available at the bottom of the 2nd round.

I am not entirely sold that the Giants secondary is that bad, plus good DB options will be available in the third.

Anyways, that is just my hunch.

TheGreatEscape
04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Possibly, but I suspect the Giants will have Marcus Howard rated alot higher than any of the DBs that will likely be available at the bottom of the 2nd round.

I am not entirely sold that the Giants secondary is that bad, plus good DB options will be available in the third.

Anyways, that is just my hunch.

I think guys like King and Porter, who could realistically be at our second pick, rank significantly higher than Howard.

lordquas
04-08-2008, 07:51 PM
howard will drop to the 5th..
i actually think hayes, guyton,woodyard and dizon will get drafted before him.

could develop into a solid passrusher tho