PDA

View Full Version : Colt Brennan upto 218 and ripped!

qbscout9
04-08-2008, 02:00 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/ceomuscle58/coltripped.jpg

qbscout9
04-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Reports are he is going to do a workout book for skinny guys to gain muscle quickly like he did! He is jacked up in this picture compared to what he looked like before IMO!

raidersfanxxx
04-08-2008, 02:03 PM
it looks like he's standing on his tippy toes haha.

Larry121283
04-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Looks like what happened in Super Size Me...looks like Brennan ate McD's for a month.

terribletowel39
04-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Reports are he is going to do a workout book for skinny guys to gain muscle quickly like he did! He is jacked up in this picture compared to what he looked like before IMO!
Where did you hear these reports?? Got a link??

Cashmoney
04-08-2008, 02:16 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Juice_movie.jpg

qbscout9
04-08-2008, 02:17 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/ceomuscle58/Colt_Brennan_Erik.jpg

Big improvement from that picture taken late last year! He put on 35 pounds!!! Has the NFL body now!

neko4
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
A lil on the chubby side
Not bad though
And yes it is possible to gain 30 pounds without juice.

vatech=accdomination
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
thats not all muscle, looks like a beginning of a beer belly.

JagHombre22
04-08-2008, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't call him ripped though...

jth1331
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM
sarcasm says hello to some of the people in this thread

Con
04-08-2008, 02:53 PM
he doesn't look ripped.

his midsection is huge.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-08-2008, 02:56 PM
It's probably more water weight than anything else, but perhaps it'll demonstrate to NFL teams that his frame isn't limited to playing at under 200 lbs.

Addict
04-08-2008, 02:58 PM
it's good he's putting on weight, shows his frame can handle it. As for the ripped part, well I think he can still improve in that area

TheGreatEscape
04-08-2008, 03:01 PM
He's more ripped than Vernon Gholston.

Addict
04-08-2008, 03:03 PM
He's more ripped than Vernon Gholston.

You said it, Gholston is soft.

lordquas
04-08-2008, 03:16 PM
dam yo. hes fat

ChezPower4
04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Looks a little soggy in the mid-section if you ask me

VoteLynnSwan
04-08-2008, 04:11 PM
he's also got an awful farmer's tan...

lordquas
04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
how do u get a farmers tan when u go to college in hawaii? haha

MetSox17
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
LOL someone jumped on the gravy train for the past few months.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Doesn't even look like he's on the exhale.

Thunder&Lightning
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Doesn't even look like he's on the exhale.

i agree looks more of an inhale + thats a gut not a six pack.

SKim172
04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Well, he claimed he was sick at the Senior Bowl - I can believe that. I'd say his normal weight was around 200 pounds, the weight he weighed in at the Combine. The new weight gain - probably Mickie D's every day will do that. He knows it'll help his stock. It does show he has the frame to put on weight, which is good, since a rigorous long-term training program can replace that fat with muscle. But no, he doesn't look too ripped. And it won't bring his stock back anywhere close to the first round.

edgrenade
04-08-2008, 06:22 PM
It looks like he's been using a lot of Creatine to gain the weight. That could explain the "bloated" look.

Paul
04-08-2008, 06:29 PM
If that's ripped, I'm in much better shape then I thought.

neko4
04-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, he claimed he was sick at the Senior Bowl - I can believe that. I'd say his normal weight was around 200 pounds, the weight he weighed in at the Combine. The new weight gain - probably Mickie D's every day will do that. He knows it'll help his stock. It does show he has the frame to put on weight, which is good, since a rigorous long-term training program can replace that fat with muscle. But no, he doesn't look too ripped. And it won't bring his stock back anywhere close to the first round.
Thats what im thinking
Either way I think he should either cut some fat and lose weight, or but on muscle and gain weight.

lordquas
04-08-2008, 06:45 PM
he should try n get down to 210 and lose that fat man pouch hes got goin

BlindSite
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
A lil on the chubby side
Not bad though
And yes it is possible to gain 30 pounds without juice.

If you guys ever tried to put muscle on qucikly you'd know protein supplements give you a water belly.

TheGreatEscape
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
You said it, Gholston is soft.

Brennan curls Gholston for breakfast.

Brent
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
What's it matter if he's a little thin. Look at Jeff Garcia, that guy is lucky to weigh 190 if he's soaking wet.

neko4
04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
If you guys ever tried to put muscle on qucikly you'd know protein supplements give you a water belly.
true, maybe he's just trying to hard

qbscout9
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I think the 49ers will pick him up and he will be like old Kurt Warner in Mike Martz's system there. Quick release like Warner but better mobility in the pocket! The 49ers QB coach ran his Pro Day workout so I think that's hinting the direction they want togo since Alex Smith has some question marks and Martz maybe going another direction.

RedVision
04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
IMO he will already have his hands full making Smith an above-average NFL QB, he don't need any other project... SanFran still has big money invested in Mr.Smith.

SKim172
04-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm just gonna wing this one out there:

New England.

Not as a starter. Definitely not. But as the reliable backup Cassel hasn't quite shown himself to be.

I dunno where that's coming from, I'm just randomly throwing it out there.

Maybe the voices in my head will be right...

art vandelay
04-08-2008, 10:02 PM
LOL Scott wasn't lying when he said Colt demolished 2 plates of food. Dude looks really soft there.

BuddyCHRIST
04-08-2008, 10:49 PM
He just looks like he's pushing his stomach out and leaning backwards, they put you in awkward positions when measuring. Doesn't look like a gut at all, but more like those abs that are just kind of poofy. Some guy's abs poke out like that.

soybean
04-09-2008, 12:06 AM
If that's ripped, I'm in much better shape then I thought.

LOL. I'd +rep you for that but i can't.

modazfuk
04-09-2008, 04:07 AM
What about this "ripped" dude? lol

http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/exhibitionist/TOM-BRADY-PIC-1.jpg

qbscout9
04-09-2008, 07:35 PM
He'll Probably play at 230-235 in three years in the NFL!

lordquas
04-09-2008, 07:40 PM
He'll Probably play at 230-235 in three years in the NFL!
i hope not. what would be the point?
220s fine

qbscout9
04-09-2008, 08:28 PM
He needs to develop more into a 235 pound Brady Quinn type body in 3 years too take the NFL beating and stay in prime condition!

lordquas
04-09-2008, 08:59 PM
..........!

JT Jag
04-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Obviously, he looks a bit pudgy because he tried to add on a lot of poundage fast. Some of that weight isn't good weight.

However, I think he has the frame to add another 10 pounds, if he does it carefully and over time. And 225 is solid.

Forenci
04-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, in his defense, it looks like because he's trying to stretch up as much as he can to get more height, so his gut is sort of sticking out. Hence, why his back is so curved in that picture. You'd need to see him standing straight and level to get an indication on if it's all fat or not.

I think if he goes to mini camp, keeps that weight on and stays in shape he could easily maintain a protypical QB body.

Goatboy1717
04-10-2008, 01:42 AM

haha. Thats a classic picture.

DragonFireKai
04-10-2008, 02:06 AM
What's it matter if he's a little thin. Look at Jeff Garcia, that guy is lucky to weigh 190 if he's soaking wet.

Let's look at the pro bowl QBs of the past few years.

Derek Anderson: 230
Tom Brady: 225
Brett Favre: 225
Jeff Garcia: 195
Matt Hasselbeck: 223
Peyton Manning: 230
Ben Roethlisberger: 240
Tony Romo: 219
Drew Brees: 210
Marc Bulger: 215
Carson Palmer: 230
Phillip Rivers: 228
Vince Young: 230
Jake Delhomme: 215
Trent Green: 217
Steve McNair: 235
Jake Plummer: 212
Mike Vick: 215

Average Weight of 222. Jeff Garcia is an outlier. He's the only Pro Bowl QB under 200 lbs in the past 3 years. This by itself doesn't disqualify Brennan, but combined with his other red flags, it makes him a marginal prospect. Comparing him as a prospect to Jeff Garcia isn't that flattering, considering that Garcia himself was a UFA, and had to fight his way up from the CFL.

qbscout9
04-10-2008, 11:22 AM
If he can play at 215 I say that's good enough! But I think he will develop into a 235 Brady Quinn type of body in 3-4 years IMO!

FloridaFootball
04-10-2008, 11:49 AM
love the tom brady reference

losabio
04-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, in his defense, it looks like because he's trying to stretch up as much as he can to get more height, so his gut is sort of sticking out. Hence, why his back is so curved in that picture.

Brennan looks like he has extremely tight hip flexors (from living in the squat rack the last couple weeks?), and needs to stretch. Also, I'd be curious to see what he looks like if he can cuts down to 210-212.

Staubach12
04-10-2008, 03:48 PM
He needs to develop more into a 235 pound Brady Quinn type body in 3 years too take the NFL beating and stay in prime condition!

First of all, let me be the first to correct your grammar. It should be "to," not "too." Also, you don't have to be 235 lbs to take it in the NFL. One of Brennan's good qualities is his ability to move and buy time. I've always compared him to Tony Romo. Going up to 235 would definately take some of that away. He'll be fine.

D-Unit
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't get the purpose of this thread? Was it to take a dig at Brennan? How foolish can people really be? Teams will be scratching their heads on why they passed him. ...and silly fans criticizing him now will be saying later how they always thought he'd be good.

Pro Day Video
http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-honolulu-141-pub01-live/current/launch.html?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer&maven_referralParentPlaylistId=9dd742549ff67af6523 65cf7416265c71efc97b3&maven_referralPlaylistId=81c8bfc9373b4c6fa56ef5e19 8abbf965c0376b9&maven_referralObject=700979005

vatech=accdomination
04-10-2008, 04:27 PM

thats atleast solid, Brennan looks like hes a few months pregnant.

JagFanJon
04-10-2008, 05:36 PM
I didnt know Brad Nowell sang for Sublime AND played ball. :cool:

BBIB
04-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Brennan's problem wasn't just his diminutive size.

It was the fact that he had a noodle arm and played in a gimmick offense and was exposed when he faced real competition.

D-Unit
04-11-2008, 01:14 AM

It was the fact that he had a noodle arm and played in a gimmick offense and was exposed when he faced real competition.
Correction, he was never diminutive in size. Size includes weight and height. Brennan was never short for the position. You can say he was lighter than preferred for NFL standards. But you can't say he was diminutive in size and be fully correct.

Secondly, Brennan played very well against some very good teams in his career. Put him behind center in that Georgia offense and the score is 200-0.

DragonFireKai
04-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Secondly, Brennan played very well against some very good teams in his career. Put him behind center in that Georgia offense and the score is 200-0.

Actually, outside of the WAC, he hasn't played very many good teams. USC and Wisconsin in 05, Oregon State in 06, and Georgia in 07. Inside the WAC, he's played two good teams, Boise State in 05 and 06. In those six games, he was 0-6, and only broke a passer rating of 100 in one of them.

If Georgia really wanted to, they could have easily ran the score up so much higher it's not even funny. They threw away 4 possesions in the 4th quarter.

D-Unit
04-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Actually, outside of the WAC, he hasn't played very many good teams. USC and Wisconsin in 05, Oregon State in 06, and Georgia in 07. Inside the WAC, he's played two good teams, Boise State in 05 and 06. In those six games, he was 0-6, and only broke a passer rating of 100 in one of them.

If Georgia really wanted to, they could have easily ran the score up so much higher it's not even funny. They threw away 4 possesions in the 4th quarter.
In case you didn't know... Hawaii IS a WAC team. WAC teams are not good teams. That doesn't mean good players don't come from the WAC. I don't know what your justification is. Are you really trying to say Hawaii should've beaten those teams? They would've lost even if Peyton Manning was back there. #1 USC was his very first game for Hawaii and he split time with Graunke. #15 Wisconsin finished 10-3 in '05 and beat Hawaii by 17pts. By comparison's sake, Wisconsin's very next game against then ranked #14 Auburn in the Bowl was won by 14pts.

Bottom line, I can't believe you're criticizing Colt for those losses. Sure, he's a part of the blame, but he's not "the reason" for them losing if that's what you're trying to claim. He's done more for the Hawaii program than any player has done for any team in a long time.

DragonFireKai
04-11-2008, 01:11 PM
In case you didn't know... Hawaii IS a WAC team. WAC teams are not good teams. That doesn't mean good players don't come from the WAC. I don't know what your justification is. Are you really trying to say Hawaii should've beaten those teams? They would've lost even if Peyton Manning was back there. #1 USC was his very first game for Hawaii and he split time with Graunke. #15 Wisconsin finished 10-3 in '05 and beat Hawaii by 17pts. By comparison's sake, Wisconsin's very next game against then ranked #14 Auburn in the Bowl was won by 14pts.

Bottom line, I can't believe you're criticizing Colt for those losses. Sure, he's a part of the blame, but he's not "the reason" for them losing if that's what you're trying to claim. He's done more for the Hawaii program than any player has done for any team in a long time.

Here's what you said.

All I was doing was pointing out that he's only played well against ONE good team. Every other good team he's played against left him with a combined passer rating that would stick in between Jimmy Clausen and Tavita Pritchard for 115th place on the 07 passer rating standings.

Was Hawaii outclassed in those games? Obviously, however, you can't claim that Brennan played well in those games. The truth is, Brennan has played extremely well against bad to mediocre teams. But the very good teams left him as a smear on the turf. Who are these very good teams that he played well against? A last place in the PAC 10 Washington? A 6 loss Purdue team? A 6 loss ASU?

D-Unit
04-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Here's what you said.

All I was doing was pointing out that he's only played well against ONE good team. Every other good team he's played against left him with a combined passer rating that would stick in between Jimmy Clausen and Tavita Pritchard for 115th place on the 07 passer rating standings.

Was Hawaii outclassed in those games? Obviously, however, you can't claim that Brennan played well in those games. The truth is, Brennan has played extremely well against bad to mediocre teams. But the very good teams left him as a smear on the turf. Who are these very good teams that he played well against? A last place in the PAC 10 Washington? A 6 loss Purdue team? A 6 loss ASU?
Putting that into real perspective, football is the ultimate team sport. Obviously, Hawaii cannot hang with big time programs. If you factor in the school's football history, inability to acquire talent, recruiting budget, poor facilities, etc etc... what you get is a school with a tradition for not being very good. Now your point here is saying that Colt played poorly against big time schools and thus is a bad prospect. I'm sorry to say, but you just cannot compare Hawaii to USC and talk about comparing apples to apples. Does that mean Colt is a bad prospect? I beg to differ. His play relies on those around him and if the whole team cannot compete against superior talent, that doesn't make him the source of the problem. The fact that Colt lead Hawaii to their greatest moments in school history makes him an exceptional player. No one has ever done what he's done at Hawaii. To say well... he did bad against big time programs shouldn't be the end all. Put Peyton Manning behind that OL against Georgia and see if he fares any better. He wouldn't. At the same token, you can't just look at Colt's stats and claim him to be king either. The key is to put things into perspective. I hope people can have that and understand that.

neko4
04-11-2008, 01:56 PM

yeah, i forgot how easy it is to find the open WR with half a second to throw

ammandss
04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
That's how I looked after I ate 19 tacos the other day. The difference is my name is on the wall of the restaurant now and Brennan's isn't.

D-Unit
04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
That's how I looked after I ate 19 tacos the other day. The difference is my name is on the wall of the restaurant now and Brennan's isn't.
No the difference is that Brennan will be an NFL QB and everyone knows about him for what he did at Hawaii and your name is on the wall of a restaurant that nobody cares about.

DragonFireKai
04-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Putting that into real perspective, football is the ultimate team sport. Obviously, Hawaii cannot hang with big time programs. If you factor in the school's football history, inability to acquire talent, recruiting budget, poor facilities, etc etc... what you get is a school with a tradition for not being very good. Now your point here is saying that Colt played poorly against big time schools and thus is a bad prospect.

I said nothing about his status as a prospect. I simply said that your statement was false. Everything else, you infered.

I'm sorry to say, but you just cannot compare Hawaii to USC and talk about comparing apples to apples. Does that mean Colt is a bad prospect? I beg to differ. His play relies on those around him and if the whole team cannot compete against superior talent, that doesn't make him the source of the problem. The fact that Colt lead Hawaii to their greatest moments in school history makes him an exceptional player. No one has ever done what he's done at Hawaii.

That still says nothing about Brennan's ability in the pros. Jared Zabransky did things no one's ever done at Boise State. Doesn't make him a great prospect. So we've established that Brennan's better than Timmy Chang? That still doesn't say anything about Brennan.

To say well... he did bad against big time programs shouldn't be the end all.

Well, that's all I wanted.

ninerfan
04-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I must have a different definition of 'ripped' to you

kwilk103
04-11-2008, 11:45 PM

i think that was sarcasm

at least i hope it was

D-Unit
04-12-2008, 12:34 AM
I said nothing about his status as a prospect. I simply said that your statement was false. Everything else, you infered.

That still says nothing about Brennan's ability in the pros. Jared Zabransky did things no one's ever done at Boise State. Doesn't make him a great prospect. So we've established that Brennan's better than Timmy Chang? That still doesn't say anything about Brennan.

Well, that's all I wanted.
I'll give you that one ... that Brennan hasn't beaten very good teams. But what does that say? Does that say he isn't a good QB prospect?

Why don't you just tell me everything you evalutate about him instead of me guessing what you think.

D-Unit
04-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Nah, you just don't pick up sarcasm very well.

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 03:00 AM
I'll give you that one ... that Brennan hasn't beaten very good teams. But what does that say? Does that say he isn't a good QB prospect?

Why don't you just tell me everything you evalutate about him instead of me guessing what you think.

It doesn't say that he's a bad prospect, per se, but it absolutely does not say that he's a good prospect.

You want to know what I think about Brennan as a prospect? Darn, I was having fun watching you infer everything under the sun. I wanted to see if I could get you to strawman the felony. But anyways, here's my take on him.

First, on the physical aspects. Judging from that picture, his peak weight is in the 208-212 range, and he's 6'2". That's at the bottom of the spectrum before it starts to become a big concern. Essentially, he's got a C- body, passing, but barely. His speed is adequate, but nothing beyond that. His arm strength is marginal, and it causes him to lag passes behind the reciever on out routes. His physical characteristics aren't as bad as someone like Troy Smith, where you could drop him 2-3 rounds based soley on that, but pretty much every QB in the draft has an edge over him in this catagory.

From a mechanical standpoint. He's got a very quick release, and knows when he can take something off his passes to aid the reciever. However, his delivery releases the ball about 5 inches below the optimal point, and it's exacerbated by his marginal height. Because of this, he gets passes batted at the line as if he were 5'10", and his deep ball floats a little more than it should because of the resulting change in release angle. His footwork is a little sloppy, and adjusting to a dropback offense will compound that.

On a mental note. This is where the system he played in makes things messy. He played primarily in the shotgun. Which warps his defensive reads and timing. While he typically got rid of the ball in 3-4 seconds, optimally, you want to get rid of it in 2-3 seconds. This is further compounded by his playing exclusively in the shotgun, which gave him an extra second to go through progressions. He does a very good job of following his internal clock, and methodically going through his progressions, but his internal clock is too slow for the NFL. And it also remains to be seen how he adjusts to losing that second that he'll be spending droping back. It'll be tough to fix that.

thebow305
04-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Still can't throw the ball though. :)

furiousgod
04-13-2008, 01:46 PM
his ankles and calves are smaller then darren mcfaddens lol

qbscout9
04-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Colt Brennan will be a Pro Bowl QB mark it down! I don't care what all you haters say about Height, Weight, arm or whatever. The guy is a gamer like Romo and may drop to the 4th round but he will be a star in the NFL!

qbscout9
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
First of all, let me be the first to correct your grammar. It should be "to," not "too." Also, you don't have to be 235 lbs to take it in the NFL. One of Brennan's good qualities is his ability to move and buy time. I've always compared him to Tony Romo. Going up to 235 would definately take some of that away. He'll be fine.

At least I know how to spell "definitely" you asshole!

neko4
04-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Still can't throw the ball though. :)
Go watch the Washington game people
He fit the ball into such tight spaces that even Lord Favre would have trouble doing and threw a bomb with no much room between Rivers and the out bounds area behind the endzone
I dont care who you play, those were tough throws for anybody

BaLLiN
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Go watch the Washington game people
He fit the ball into such tight spaces that even Lord Favre would have trouble doing and threw a bomb with no much room between Rivers and the out bounds area behind the endzone
I dont care who you play, those were tough throws for anybody

then why would packers fans have a problem drafting him with a 4th round comp??

also i really see him comparing to the likes of Romo, Favre, and Garcia.

neko4
04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
then why would packers fans have a problem drafting him with a 4th round comp??

also i really see him comparing to the likes of Romo, Favre, and Garcia.
Yeah he doesnt have Favre's arm strength, but he does have his tight spot accuracy. And a bit of the gunslinger mentality.
I wouldnt mind taking him in the 4th

BBIB
04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
yeah, i forgot how easy it is to find the open WR with half a second to throw

His backup didn't seem to have any trouble. Oh and way for Brennan to show character by showing dismay when the backup QB did something he could not

neko4
04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
His backup didn't seem to have any trouble. Oh and way for Brennan to show character by showing dismay when the backup QB did something he could not
during a meaningless part of the game
Its like saying our backup QB did well in week 17 against the opposing team's backups

And im sure he was just fustrated if he did do what you say he did, which i dont even recall.

modazfuk
04-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Graunke (UH backup) comes in with the UGA reserves for some garbage time and some people actually think he was playing against the same Dawgs personnel lol

As for Brennan's expression after the Graunke TD pass, that was pretty dirty of FOX to turn the cameras on him at that moment because it did look like (to TV viewers) he was expressing anguish towards what Graunke did, but in fact, he was already distraught (prior to) after being told that he would not be going back in.

After the beating Colt took, and still wanting to fight on, that shows some backbone IMO.

D-Unit
04-15-2008, 02:27 AM
People don't even realize how important that game was for Hawaii. Colt carried the entire weight of the state on his shoulders going into that game. To not even compete made him feel like he let the whole state down. That's what he said. He wasn't disappointed that Graunke threw a TD. Seriously... is that what people think? There's no F'n way he was upset about that. Man that is truly messed up logic.

DragonFireKai
04-15-2008, 11:53 AM
People don't even realize how important that game was for Hawaii. Colt carried the entire weight of the state on his shoulders going into that game. To not even compete made him feel like he let the whole state down. That's what he said. He wasn't disappointed that Graunke threw a TD. Seriously... is that what people think? There's no F'n way he was upset about that. Man that is truly messed up logic.

He carried a lot more than that. That performance set mid major conferences back to square one. Hawaii undid everything gained by Boise State and Utah.

qbscout9
04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Word is he's upto 226 now and will hold another weigh in the day before the draft in hopes to be at 230!

buckeyes4ever
04-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Looks like he guzzled a gallon of water before he weighed in. Anyway he still isnt probably going to go much higher because of this.

catcher_0_3
04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I will settle this argument about Brennan vs. the other Hawaii QB in the Sugar Bowl. Georgia started letting up considerably once they were up by 100-200 points. By the time the backup came in, Georgia was doing the Soulja Boy on the sideline. We dropped back into a prevent defense that anyone could pass on. With that being said, Colt Brennan is still terrible. So, if I had to guess June Jones knew who was the better QB going into the season and so he started Brennan. Unfortunately he was thrown to the wolves with a far inferior team.

Goatboy1717
04-21-2008, 10:57 PM
To the person that said why would Packers fans have a problem picking him with our 4th round comp., I actually would love to pick him in that spot. I think Brennan will be good in the NFL. His arm accuracy is amazing. One of the best I have seen. I have seen him play a lot. His arm strength is better than people think. He is going to be a stud.

qbscout9
04-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Colt didn't have good tackles this year that's why Marcus Howard an extremely good player along with the other DE's exploited Hawaii's OL! Peyton Manning couldn't pass behind a bad oline like that! The line was clearly overmatched!

Goatboy1717
04-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Colt didn't have good tackles this year that's why Marcus Howard an extremely good player along with the other DE's exploited Hawaii's OL! Peyton Manning couldn't pass behind a bad oline like that! The line was clearly overmatched!

Exactly. Nobody could have passed behind that O-Line. The only reason the back-up led them to a TD was because the defense knew the game was over and started playing weak D with their backups.