PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers v Alex Smith

neko4
04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Pretend Aaron Rodgers got drafted by San Fran
Do you guys think we wouldve take Smith? If so do you think he wouldve been better or worse than Rodgers. You can say no, because he hasnt been very good in San Fran, but his best reciever is a TE who cant stay healthy and they keep changing OC's on him. Also would Campbell have been a potential pick?

skinzzfan25
04-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Smith defiantly. Regardless of what he has done in the NFL, he was a decent prospect coming out. And where the Packers selected that year, it would have been great value.

no love
04-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Smith was seen as a top pick by more than one team. No way he would have made it past, Miami and Cleveland and if he did, he would have never made it passed Tampa Bay, who apparently really liked him.

Green Bay would have taken BPA, maybe Marlin Jackson to address their secondary needs.

terribletowel39
04-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I chose Campbell just because he was always my fav prospect that year. He has all you look for. He just has gone through so many OC. He was showing lots of promise this year before he got hurt. Oh well, just have to wait until this year.

ChezPower4
04-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I think they are both good QBs. We could not have gone wrong with ether one. Smith has stuggled i think because the players around him suck but they are starting to put some talent around him and get an offensive line.

Thunder&Lightning
04-08-2008, 06:30 PM
since the question is who would have been takin then it would have been alex smith. The whole debate that year was rodgers or smith. They were 1 and 2 on everyone boards so smith would have been taken next. But if you ask who would I take it would have been Campbell. Great size, amazing arm, good program, won a championship...athletic just a good well rounded QB>

umphrey
04-08-2008, 06:32 PM
I really doubt we had any QB on our draft board that year, including Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith. We only took Rodgers because he was such a great value. I'm not sure if Smith would have lasted to us or not but odds are we would have drafted a different position.

princefielder28
04-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Alex Smith had a good chance of heading to Cleveland if San Fran had not drafted him. The Packers probably would've passed on taking Jason Campbell and I'm guessing Roddy White and Brodney Pool would've been on the Packers radar

Yatta!
04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Smith and Rodgers were similarly rated prospects so if Smith was there he'd of definitely been the pick but obviously it depends on other teams evaluations of Smith/Rodgers.

PACKmanN
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Alex would be in TB, during the draft they were saying Gurden LOVED Alex and wanted to take him at 4.

johbur
04-09-2008, 01:37 AM
I think the Packers would have taken Marlin Jackson. Or, maybe they would have traded with the 'Skins so the skins could take Campbell.

GB12
04-09-2008, 04:16 PM
We would have taken Smith had he made it to us. I think we would have passed on Campbell though. Mike Patterson or Marlin Jackson probably would have been the pick had Rodgers been picked before us. Aaron Rodgers had always been my favorite QB of that draft and if I got to choose anyone QB from that draft to have right now I would stick with him.

The Legend
04-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Rodgers then Smith then Campbell

AtariBigby
04-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Another player, or a trade-down to a team that wanted Alex but chose a different position earlier.
Rodgers was always the #1 prospect IMO, and The Sporting News' opinion.
Alex Smith was a Urban Meyer gimmick QB all along, and his size fooled the Niners.

We're the beneficiaries for sure. But we need Arod to stay unbroken.