PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Mock Drafts

Go_Eagles77
02-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Make your own or just comment on others.

I'll start it off, this one is assuming we re-sign Stallworth and there are no trades.

Rd.1- Michael Griffin S Texas - Very athletic safety who could start right away at SS, possible FS of the future.
Rd.2- Fred Bennett CB South Carolina - Tall corner who could start right away at nickel CB, comes from a school that produces great pro corners including Sheldon Brown.
Rd.4- Brian Robison DE Texas - Fast DE who lit it up at the combine in almost every drill, future starter at DE opposite Trent Cole.
Rd.5- Desmond Bishop MLB Cal - He is one of my favorite ILB prospects in the draft and may be the future starter at MLB.
Rd.6- Paul Soliai DT Utah - Big run-stuffing DT, will play a large role in DL rotation.
Rd.7- Corey Hilliard OT Oklahoma St. - Big tall OT who could provide depth for our offensive line.

eaglesalltheway
02-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Round One: Michael Griffin, S
Round Two: Anthony Spencer, DE
Round Three: Anthony Waters, MLB
Round Five: Travarous Bain, CB
Round Six: Nate Ilaoa, RB
Round Seven: Paul Soliai, DT

or

Round One: Griffin, S
Round Two: Brian Leonard, HB/FB
Round Three: Waters, MLB
Round Five: Jay Moore, DE
Round Six: C.J. Wilson, CB
Round Seven: Soliai, DT

or

Round One: Adam Carriker, DE
Round Two: John Wendling, S
Round Three: Waters, MLB
Round Five: Bain, CB
Round 6: Ilaoa, RB
Round 7: Julius Wilson, OT

There are many other scenarios, but I'll let someone else do some.

cunningham06
02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Go Eagles, I love the Fred Bennett pick, I'm a big fan of his, but late second might be a reach for him. If we still have our third round pick then I think there's a good chance he would still be there.

Eaglesalltheway, I'm a huge fan of Anthony Waters, so once we know some numbers on him I'm all for taking him assuming he's fully recovered from his injury.

I'll repost my old ones

cunningham06
02-26-2007, 10:01 PM
1st- Patrick Willis- SLB
2nd- Charles Johnson- DE also thought of Aaron Ross here to play S
3rd- Fred Bennett- CB
5th- Josh Gattis- S
6th- Kasey Studdard- G unheralded but very good / Yamon Figurs WR
7th- Tim Castillo- FB, but would be a short yardage RB for us

I just threw in Kasey Studdard because I don't see the Eagles being able to go without drafting an offensive lineman the whole draft.

1st- Michael Griffin- SS
2nd- Buster Davis- SLB/ MLB of future
3rd- Brian Robinson- DE
5th- Nate Ilaoa- Big RB
6th- Duane Coleman- CB
7th- Quintin Echols- Big DT

eaglesalltheway
02-27-2007, 06:22 AM
We probably will draft an O-linemen in the later rounds, but I think it would probably be a Tackle instead of a Guard.

Eaglez.Fan
02-27-2007, 06:46 PM
I'd prefer that Peters guy at SS over any 2+ round guys. Maybe exept for Weddle but I like Weddle more as a FS, maybe as a Dawk replacement. . .

eaglesalltheway
02-27-2007, 06:54 PM
I'd prefer that Peters guy at SS over any 2+ round guys. Maybe exept for Weddle but I like Weddle more as a FS, maybe as a Dawk replacement. . .

If you don't even know his first name, thats not a good sign. Besides, he is already 26 and will not be more than a special teams player.

Go_Eagles77
03-03-2007, 03:09 PM
1. Michael Griffin S Texas - Hard hitting safety who performed well at the combine and could play both S positions.Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/michaelgriffin.html)
2. David Harris MLB Michigan - Fast MLB who has raised his stock at the senior bowl and combine. Might be able to start at SLB if Gocong doesn't claim the job but is definitely eventual starter at MLB. Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/davidharris.html)
3. Fred Bennett CB South Carolina - Tall corner who could start right away at nickel CB, comes from a school with a lot of talented corners in the NFL including Sheldon Brown.Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/fredbennett.html)
5. Paul Soliai DT Utah - Big run stuffing DT who should be a big part of the DL rotation.Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/paulsoliai.html)
6. Baraka Atkins DE Miami(FL) - DE/DT tweener who could play DE in obvious rushing situations because of his talent against the run but is not a good pass rusher.Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/barakaatkins.html)
7. Yamon Figurs WR/ ST Kansas St. - Fastest player in the draft who can play some WR but is drafted to be the gunner in ST.Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/yamonfigurs.html)

eaglesalltheway
03-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Thats pretty good, but I think your last two picks will probably be gone by our picks.

mpt117
03-03-2007, 03:33 PM
ive seen paul soliais name bein thrown around...but i like walter thomas...that dude from the texas vs the nation game. man. he is big and impressed at that game. hes like around 6'5 and has measured in at the minimum 330 lbs and a max of 370 lbs. hes strong and will clog the line and has a lot of potential and comes from a small school like herremans did...a good pickup in rounds 6 or 7

Eaglez.Fan
03-03-2007, 03:35 PM
If you don't even know his first name, thats not a good sign. Besides, he is already 26 and will not be more than a special teams player.

Leonard is his 1st name. And even though he is 26, one year to learn and he'd be great. He is probably more mature and could learn teh system faster then a 21 year old. That is just a guess but if he shows he can during the interview, I'd love him.

eaglesalltheway
03-03-2007, 03:37 PM
If he fluctuates 40 lbs, I really question if he could make it in the league, but if he could keep his weight at around 330, I would be happy to draft him in the later rounds.

eaglesalltheway
03-03-2007, 03:39 PM
The reason he is so old is because he has had so many injury problems. TONS of injury problems in fact. They were so numerous, the NCAA granted him a sixth year of eligibilty. And I think he might be 27 already, either way, thats approaching Papale rookie numbers for age.

Go_Eagles77
03-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Trades- William Thomas to Arizona for 3rd round pick.
2008 4th and 5th rd. picks to Cleveland for their 2007 4th and 7th.

Rd.1 Michael Griffin S Texas - I still really like this guy for the future at SS.
Rd.2 Ben Patrick TE Deleware - I don't think this is gonna be a popular pick but this guy is a very good all around TE and if he excels as a rookie we won't have to worry so much about re-signing LJ Smith.
Rd.3 [F/ARI] Craig Davis WR LSU - Has descent size and has the ability to stretch the field which is needed with the loss of Stallworth.
Rd.3 Anthony Waters MLB Clemson - Has good size and can take over for Trotter in a year or 2.
Rd.4 [F/CLE] Paul Soliai DT Utah - A big fat DT who could really help our defense in the run game.
Rd.5 Nate Ilaoa RB Hawaii - Big guy that can play in short yardage situations and extend drives which actually hurt us a lot the last few years.
Rd.6 Mike Otto OT Purdue - Since I have W. Thomas getting traded, Justice is now the starter so we need a backup LT.
Rd. 7 [F/ARI] Bo Smith CB Weber St. - A special teamer, maybe a developmental guy.
Rd. 7 Justin Rascati QB James Madison - Could be the 3rd string QB and developmental guy.

B-Dawk
03-14-2007, 04:29 PM
i dont see how they can draft 2 out of the first players on offense, and you cant trade compensatory picks either

bsaza2358
03-14-2007, 04:53 PM
B-Dawk is correct about compensatory trades. I also don't see the Eagles trading Thomas at any point.

Go_Eagles77
03-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Really? I could have sworn I heard Dave Spadaro say something on Eagles Live about possibly trading the compensatory picks to move up in the draft. Well make that a 2008 4th and 5th I guess. Comments on the players I picked?

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Dave Spadaro just ikes to stir the pot a little bit, and sometimes he doesn't check his facts, so I tend to be cautious when he says stuff like that. And you can not trade compensatory picks. I don't think we have any this year.

Go_Eagles77
03-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Dave Spadaro just ikes to stir the pot a little bit, and sometimes he doesn't check his facts, so I tend to be cautious when he says stuff like that. And you can not trade compensatory picks. I don't think we have any this year.

I allready acknowleged that you can't trade compensatory picks and fixed that by trading regular picks, I would like some feedback on the players I picked in my latest mock.

cunningham06
03-15-2007, 12:15 PM
I just finished doing a full two round mock

Round 1
Oakland- Jamarcus Russell
Detroit- Joe Thomas
Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson
Cleveland- Adrian Peterson
Arizona- Gaines Adams
Washington- Alan Branch
Minnesota- Jamaal Anderson
Houston- Laron Landry
Miami- Brady Quinn
Atlanta- Levi Brown
San Francisco- Adam Carriker
Buffalo- Marshawn Lynch
St. Louis- Amobi Okoye
Carolina- Patrick Willis
Pittsburgh- Leon Hall
Green Bay- Reggie Nelson
Jacksonville- Lawrence Timmons
Cincinnati- Chris Houston
Tennessee- Ted Ginn
New York (Giants)- Dwayne Jarrett
Denver- Tim Crowder
Dallas- Darrelle Revis
Kansas City- Robert Meachem
New England- Aaron Ross
New York (Jets)- Greg Olsen
Philadelphia- Michael Griffin
New Orleans- Paul Posluszney
New England- Jarvis Moss
Baltimore- Tony Ugoh
San Diego- Dwayne Bowe
Chicago- Joe Staley
Indianapolis- Justin Blaylock

Round 2
Oakland- Joe Staley
Detroit- Victor Abiamari
Tampa Bay- Charles Johnson
Cleveland- Ryan Kalil
Chicago- Tank Tyler
Arizona- Aaron Sears
Houston- Brandon Meriweather
Miami- Marcus McCauley
Minnesota- Sidney Rice
San Francisco- Jason Hill
Buffalo- David Harris
Atlanta- Anthony Spencer
Carolina- Eric Weddle
Pittsburgh- Michael Bush
Green Bay- Brian Leonard
Jacksonville- LaMarr Woodley
Cincinnati- Zach Miller
Tennessee- Justin Harrell
New York (Giants)- Jon Beason
St. Louis- Stewart Bradley
Dallas- Drew Stanton
Kansas City- Quinn Pitcock
Seattle- Ben Grubbs
Denver- Anthony Gonzalez
Philadelphia- Buster Davis
New Orleans- Tanard Jackson
New York (Jets)- Antonio Pittman
New England- Aaron Rouse
Baltimore- Quentin Moses
San Diego- John Wendling
Chicago- Rufus Alexander
Tampa Bay- Earl Everett

I think it's realistic to hope for Michael Griffin and Buster Davis. We can probably get them both.

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Trades- William Thomas to Arizona for 3rd round pick.
2008 4th and 5th rd. picks to Cleveland for their 2007 4th and 7th.

Rd.1 Michael Griffin S Texas - I still really like this guy for the future at SS.
Rd.2 Ben Patrick TE Deleware - I don't think this is gonna be a popular pick but this guy is a very good all around TE and if he excels as a rookie we won't have to worry so much about re-signing LJ Smith.
Rd.3 [F/ARI] Craig Davis WR LSU - Has descent size and has the ability to stretch the field which is needed with the loss of Stallworth.
Rd.3 Anthony Waters MLB Clemson - Has good size and can take over for Trotter in a year or 2.
Rd.4 [F/CLE] Paul Soliai DT Utah - A big fat DT who could really help our defense in the run game.
Rd.5 Nate Ilaoa RB Hawaii - Big guy that can play in short yardage situations and extend drives which actually hurt us a lot the last few years.
Rd.6 Mike Otto OT Purdue - Since I have W. Thomas getting traded, Justice is now the starter so we need a backup LT.
Rd. 7 [F/ARI] Bo Smith CB Weber St. - A special teamer, maybe a developmental guy.
Rd. 7 Justin Rascati QB James Madison - Could be the 3rd string QB and developmental guy.

I don't think we need that many picks. We don't need a TE or WR early. We don't even need a WR now that we signed Curtis. I like the Griffin pick, though, as do most of us. Paul Soliai is way too early. We could get him or someone very much like him in the fifth or sixth round. I like Ilaoa, he is my #2 choice of RB in this draft behind Leonard. Although we don't need OL, our FO very well may draft one. I think late round CBs and QBs are a possibility, so I have no problems with tose picks. I don't see us doing that many trades. It is not like our FO to trade away next year's picks anyway, and there are a lot of great players that may be coming out next year. It is OK, but I would say we don't need this many picks, and probably won't even draft a TE or WR.

Go_Eagles77
03-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I don't think we need that many picks. We don't need a TE or WR early. We don't even need a WR now that we signed Curtis. I like the Griffin pick, though, as do most of us. Paul Soliai is way too early. We could get him or someone very much like him in the fifth or sixth round. I like Ilaoa, he is my #2 choice of RB in this draft behind Leonard. Although we don't need OL, our FO very well may draft one. I think late round CBs and QBs are a possibility, so I have no problems with tose picks. I don't see us doing that many trades. It is not like our FO to trade away next year's picks anyway, and there are a lot of great players that may be coming out next year. It is OK, but I would say we don't need this many picks, and probably won't even draft a TE or WR.

Yeah now that we got Curtis the changes I would make would be to not trade W.Tomas because I got that pick to draft Craig Davis, then I wouldn't draft any wrs, and I also wouldn't draft an OL because we sitll have Thomas.

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
What about TE? I don't think we will be drafting that position that early, maybe even at all.

cunningham06
03-16-2007, 12:09 AM
With LJ and Matt Schobel no we probably won't draft a TE. However if we deal Schobel I see that as very possible.

eaglesalltheway
03-16-2007, 06:26 AM
I see it as a possibility as well. As for Cunningham's mock. There would be a lot of other teams that would not like their picks. But Griffin is OK. I'm not a big fan of Buster Davis, mostly becuase he is really small, but he would be an accepteable second round player. There are a lot of guys I would want that would be better than him that are still available though that we could pick in later rounds.

Go_Eagles77
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
1. Michael Grffin S Texas- Starter right away at SS, great athlete and hard hitter with above average coverage skills.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...aelgriffin.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/michaelgriffin.html)
2. Michael Bush RB Louisville- Was projected as a first rounder until the injury, can be a very effective short yardage back.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ichaelbush.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/rb/michaelbush.html)
3. Ben Patrick TE Deleware- LJ Smith might not be here too much longer and if he's not we'll need a playmaking TE and this guy is good.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...benpatrick.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/benpatrick.html)
5. Desmond Bishop MLB Cal- This team may seem stacked at LB right now but Bishop could be the ideal replacement for Trotter.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...mondbishop.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/desmondbishop.html)
6. AJ Davis CB NC State- Very underrated cb who can compete for dimeback right away and could very possibly be the nickelback in a year if James leaves throuh FA.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...cb/ajdavis.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/ajdavis.html)
7. Xzavie Jackson DE Missouri- Sleeper DE who is solid against the run and could get some PT in obvious rushing situations.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...viejackson.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/xzaviejackson.html)

This would be an amazing draft imo and if it went something like this in real life I think we could be strong Superbowl contenders.

mpt117
03-31-2007, 10:48 AM
you could get bush in prob the 4th or even 5th round now...since he had surgery on his leg he is out an extra 2 months so he wont even have worked out before the draft and said that bush will fall and maybe into the 2nd day...i project him now into the 3rd or 4th. also the eagles value CB so they would prob take one earlier since all they got is sheppard, brown, and james. hanson blows and should not be in the nfl

jonbrodo17
03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
there is no way Bush is a 4th or 5th rd. pick. He was a top 15 pick and then he got a season ending injury, which was a broken leg, which is the "best season ending injury"

Green Kool Aid
03-31-2007, 05:26 PM
How about these possibilities for the first two rounds:

Griffin
Abiamiri

Spencer/Johnson
Weddle

Spencer/Johnson
Wendling

Go_Eagles77
03-31-2007, 06:58 PM

Griffin
Abiamiri

Spencer/Johnson
Weddle

Spencer/Johnson
Wendling

I don't see DE as that big of a need right now, maybe in 2-3 years but we have a lot of depth now at de and we have bigger needs.

cunningham06
03-31-2007, 11:57 PM

Griffin
Abiamiri

Spencer/Johnson
Weddle

Spencer/Johnson
Wendling

I'm not a big Abiamiri fan, but Spencer or Johnson I would be fine with in the second. I don't really like Weddle or Wendling, but they are ok I guess. At least they fill a need.

Green Kool Aid
04-01-2007, 12:35 AM
I don't see DE as that big of a need right now, maybe in 2-3 years but we have a lot of depth now at de and we have bigger needs.

We may not see DE as a big need, but the Eagles have their philosophy and stick to it. I'm trying to think what they would do.

Besides, Kearse is an ankle-grabber, and Hugh Douglas said this morning that he looks to be about 230 lbs. Cole wears down, Howard can not be the man, and Thomas is ok. Gocong may be another pass rusher, and McDougle is gone. I actually think Kearse or Howard or both are gone after this season.

So depth is not that good. My main point is that I think the first two rounds will be some sort of combination of DE and safety, since those are the deepest and most quality positions in the draft. CB and TE are secondary positions by need.

Green Kool Aid
04-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm not a big Abiamiri fan, but Spencer or Johnson I would be fine with in the second. I don't really like Weddle or Wendling, but they are ok I guess. At least they fill a need.

I meant it in round order. For example:

1. Moss
2. Weddle

And why are you low on Abiamiri?

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm not big on this mock, but it isn't like it is that bad either. I don't like Desmond Bishop, mostly because he is only a 2 down LB. I would be much happier with Anthony Waters as the MLB in the third round. Here is mine as I see it right now, ideally.
1. Michael Griffin, S. This is obviously our biggest remaining need, so I think this is the most logical pick that would help our defense the most.
2. Ben Patrick, TE, or Brian Leonard, RB. (I know we just re-signed Buck, but our FO has shown a lot of interest in him, but it may be smokescreens. Even though we have L.J., we may go TE if our FO is unsure about the ability to re-sign him. If the FO feels safe at both of these positions, we may go DE in the second round with a guy like Crowder) For the purpose of this draft I will say Ben Patrick.
3. Anthony Waters, MLB. We may have improved our OLBs with the acquisition of Takeo Spikes, but we need a future MIKE to replace Trotter is the organization fells as though they want to kepp Gaither at WILL, which I think is the best idea. If they are comfortable moving Gaither to MIKE, Waters has the versatility to play WILL, so he would be a great pick for either position.
5. Nate Ilaoa. We do need a guy to stuff it up the middle, and Ilaoa is the best option at this point. He runs hard and fast for a guy who is 240+. He is a little short, but our team likes shorter RBs. Ilaoa can catch very easily as well, so he is a great fit in our system. This would probably mean the end for Moats though, so that would be a disapointment.
6. Travarous Bain, CB. I know the sexy pick right now is getting Courtney Brown in the sixth or seventh or even undrafted, but this is a very logical pick considering what our defense needs out of its CB. We will bring in more competition for the Nickel postion, and it is one of our few needs. Bain has good size, though not as tall and large as Brown, but this is a good pick as well. Level of competition was a concern, but it always is for guys coming out of DII, but we all know there have been great names to come out of those ranks, and AR really likes the DII guys as well.
7. Jacob Bender, OT. This was a tough decision. There is a rumor that we will be trading our newly acquired QB, but I don't buy it. We need a big run-stuffing DT, but out DT spots are full, as well as the rest of our defensive positions. Our O-line is stacked, but I really think AR will have to draft at least one O-linemen this draft. The rest of our spots are filled at this point, so we add another player to improve our depth at O-line.

FloridaFootball
04-01-2007, 07:30 PM
I like Griffin in first then a CB in second, But rather then Bennet what about Tanard Jackson of Syracuse, He is so physical and is great in man to man. Iv watched him alot and he loves to be physical,he will really take advantage of the 5 yard rule in The NFL.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't think we need to get a CB on the first day. Our system is able to make a lot out of little when it comes to CBs. Rod Hood went undrafted, and now he has developed into a starter in this league. I would be perfectly comfortable getting a CB in rounds six or seven, or even undrafted. Though I do think it would be better to get one in the draft.

cunningham06
04-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I like Griffin in first then a CB in second, But rather then Bennet what about Tanard Jackson of Syracuse, He is so physical and is great in man to man. Iv watched him alot and he loves to be physical,he will really take advantage of the 5 yard rule in The NFL.

I really like Jackson as well, he would be a perfect nickelback, but he will be gone in the second round which is a little too early to take someone to fill that position IMO. A lot of us really like Bennett because he's a very sound player and doesn't have any really glaring weaknesses. He's a probably a third rounder, and has tons of upside. That and we had success with another gamecock, Sheldon Brown. Either way, I wouldn't be unhappy with either, but second round might be a bit early for us to take a nickelback.

America
04-01-2007, 10:57 PM
I really like Jackson as well, he would be a perfect nickelback, but he will be gone in the second round which is a little too early to take someone to fill that position IMO. A lot of us really like Bennett because he's a very sound player and doesn't have any really glaring weaknesses. He's a probably a third rounder, and has tons of upside. That and we had success with another gamecock, Sheldon Brown. Either way, I wouldn't be unhappy with either, but second round might be a bit early for us to take a nickelback.

A wise post, and don't forget Dunta Robinson, another great Gamecock. Jackson is a beastly cover 2 corner IMO. He plays really physical and could even be a FS.

cunningham06
04-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I meant it in round order. For example:

1. Moss
2. Weddle

And why are you low on Abiamiri?

Ok, I didn't get how you were ranking them. Abiamari would be awesome to get in the second, but I see him going mid 2nd. I thought you were saying he would be our pick in the first which would be a sizeable reach.

cunningham06
04-01-2007, 11:06 PM
A wise post, and don't forget Dunta Robinson, another great Gamecock. Jackson is a beastly cover 2 corner IMO. He plays really physical and could even be a FS.

True, Dunta is awesome. I was speaking from the Eagles FO view, but they have put out quite a few successful DB's.

eaglesalltheway
04-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Yes, we have done a lot with the CBs we have had over the past few years.

Green Kool Aid
04-04-2007, 03:41 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-nfceastneeds040307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I feel this article adequately represents the Eagles draft. It is realistic, and falls in line with the Eagles philosophy.

I have become President of the Michael Griffith fan club. He's the real deal, and my guy at #26.

I think Abiamiri is the 2nd round pick. Leonard would be nice, but they wouldn't use him enough.

Basically, because the Eagles don't have much cap space and a bunch of starters already signed (although this may be a case of quantity over quality), I think that this is the year that they should give up draft picks to move up and get the players they want. They don't have much room on the roster anyway, so they might as well go for pedigree picks. They can give up a pick or so from the 2008 draft too.

bsaza2358
04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
This article had me until he went and said Troy Smith in any way, shape, or form.

Go_Eagles77
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I have become President of the Michael Griffith fan club.

No offense dude but how are you the president of his fan club when don't even know his last name? Anyway I am very high on Michael Griffin as well.

bsaza2358
04-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Griffin is a talented player. There is a lot of talent in this draft that can really help the Eagles. I really don't have an actual preference as to who they take at this point. I still have full trust in the Front Office.

Green Kool Aid
04-04-2007, 07:56 PM
No offense dude but how are you the president of his fan club when don't even know his last name? Anyway I am very high on Michael Griffin as well.

My bad..........

Green Kool Aid
04-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Griffin is a talented player. There is a lot of talent in this draft that can really help the Eagles. I really don't have an actual preference as to who they take at this point. I still have full trust in the Front Office.

Dave Spadaro, ladies and gentlemen.

bsaza2358
04-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks for adding so much to the conversation, from your blatant mispelling of prospects' names to your complete and utter absence from the forum for most of the year. Your contributions are most useless...

Green Kool Aid
04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks for adding so much to the conversation, from your blatant mispelling of prospects' names to your complete and utter absence from the forum for most of the year. Your contributions are most useless...

hey, hey, hey

shhh...

don't get mad

it's about the game

BTW, "God Bless the Front Office" doesn't add much either,

bsaza2358
04-05-2007, 09:10 AM
The Eagles brought back a lot of key FA's, signed a DT to replace Walker, signed Curtis to replace Stallworth, and traded for Spikes. Their needs now become a potential DE to replace Kearse or Howard in a year or two, CB to groom for the future, and S of the present/future. The end of the first round has a lot of different players, and most of them have some holes in their games. There's no stud answer to our problems at this point. The team could draft DE, DT, CB, S, or WR, and I wouldn't necessarily be surprised.

jonbrodo17
04-05-2007, 11:39 AM
I have a feeling that Griffen is a better athlete than football player. Right now i am lobbying for Leonard but i wouldn't mind if they took Griffen

bsaza2358
04-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Jon, that is all a matter of opinion. I think Griffin is a fine football player. He gets by a lot on raw ability, but so do guys like Michael Vick. Dominant athletes need to be coached up to reach their full potential. If Griffin is the guy, the defensive coaching staff will take care of business and work with him. They have a strong history of developing solid secondary players (Michael Lewis, Lito, Sheldon, Hood, Joselio Hanson, Considine). I don't count guys who were there before Andy Reid took over as products of the current coaching staff.

FloridaFootball
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM
With the first round pick, These are the guys in order which I hope for the most the Eagles to draft
1.Michael Griffin
2.Chris Houstan
3.Patrick Willis
4.Buster Davis
5.Brandon Merriwether

jonbrodo17
04-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Jon, that is all a matter of opinion. I think Griffin is a fine football player. He gets by a lot on raw ability, but so do guys like Michael Vick. Dominant athletes need to be coached up to reach their full potential. If Griffin is the guy, the defensive coaching staff will take care of business and work with him. They have a strong history of developing solid secondary players (Michael Lewis, Lito, Sheldon, Hood, Joselio Hanson, Considine). I don't count guys who were there before Andy Reid took over as products of the current coaching staff.

I am now hoping Chris Houstan is there, I realized that there is no way we can take a FB in round 1, and we will go Defense day 1. so i want...

1.Chris Houstan
2.Michael Griffin
3.Brandon Meriweather

cunningham06
04-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I am now hoping Chris Houstan is there, I realized that there is no way we can take a FB in round 1, and we will go Defense day 1. so i want...

1.Chris Houstan
2.Michael Griffin
3.Brandon Meriweather

The CB situation in this draft seems to me that the value of the cornerbacks in rounds 2,3,4, etc. is better than those in the first round. I just don't really want to go CB round one when there is so much talent at the position in later rounds. If we were to go CB round one I would prefer Marcus McCauley to Chris Houston. Houston seems like a bust to me who is overrated because of his 40 time. He's also not very good against the run which I value highly.

CB's I really like:
Fred Bennett
Tanard Jackson
Tarell Brown- No way we take him because of character issues, but a good player.
Johnathan Wade
Travarous Bain- I really like him and he would be a great 4th round pick.
CJ Gaddis

These are all players who I think could fit our system and have a lot of potential.

Go_Eagles77
04-06-2007, 04:33 PM
The CB situation in this draft seems to me that the value of the cornerbacks in rounds 2,3,4, etc. is better than those in the first round. I just don't really want to go CB round one when there is so much talent at the position in later rounds. If we were to go CB round one I would prefer Marcus McCauley to Chris Houston. Houston seems like a bust to me who is overrated because of his 40 time. He's also not very good against the run which I value highly.

CB's I really like:
Fred Bennett
Tanard Jackson
Tarell Brown- No way we take him because of character issues, but a good player.
Johnathan Wade
Travarous Bain- I really like him and he would be a great 4th round pick.
CJ Gaddis

These are all players who I think could fit our system and have a lot of potential.

I would be very happy with any of those guys as well.

Go_Eagles77
04-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Rd.1 Michael Griffin S Texas- Athletic, hard hitter, with underrated coverage ability and top notch run support ability, can compete with Considine for the starting SS spot right away.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...aelgriffin.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/michaelgriffin.html)
Rd.2 Ben Patrick TE Deleware- With LJ in his contract year we may need his successor and even if the FO wants to keep him around we may have ourselves a very good 2 TE set. A great all around TE who likes to block and is a solid reciever.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...benpatrick.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/benpatrick.html)
Rd.3 C.J. Gaddis CB Clemson- A fast and physical CB with good size who could be the dimeback for a year and if he is good enough could be the nickelback with James leaving next offseason, has a load of potential and if he doesn't work out at CB he may also move to S and could be Dawkins' replacement at FS in a few years.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...b/cjgaddis.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/cjgaddis.html)
Rd.5 Baraka Atkins DE Miami (Fl)- With one Miami DE in McDougle likely getting cut we bring in another but for a completely different role, instead of a pass rusher Atkins is a DE who is better against the run than most DEs in the draft, can be a part of the rotation who sees most of his playing time on obvious rushing situations.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...rakaatkins.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/barakaatkins.html)
Rd.6 Sam Olajubutu LB Arkansas- Very productive LB who will most likely not compete for a starting job but is very smart and could be a solid backup and STer.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...molajubutu.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/samolajubutu.html)
Rd.7 Jackie Battle RB/FB Houston- RB/FB tweener but may be the short yardage back we're looking for. Workout warrior but if teams see him as a FB he could be had in the later rounds and quite possibly the 7th.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ckiebattle.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/fb/jackiebattle.html)

Projected Depth Chart at start of regular season

OFFENSE
WR 80 Kevin Curtis 84 Hank Baskett 11 Jeremy Bloom
LT 72 William Thomas 74 Winston Justice
LG 79 Todd Herremans 62 Max Jean-Gilles
C 67 Jamaal Jackson 59 Nick Cole
RG 73 Shawn Andrews 71 Scott Young
RT 69 Jon Runyan 68 Pat McCoy
TE 82 L.J. Smith 85 Ben Patrick 89 Matt Schobel
WR 86 Reggie Brown 83 Greg Lewis 81 Jason Avant
QB 5 Donovan McNabb 14 A.J. Feeley 10 Kelly Holcomb
FB 38 Thomas Tapeh
RB 36 Brian Westbrook 28 Correll Buckhalter 39 Jackie Battle
Total-26

DEFENSE
LDE 93 Jevon Kearse 58 Trent Cole 99 Baraka Atkins
LDT 98 Mike Patterson 78 Brodrick Bunkley
RDT 94 Montae Reagor 77 LaJuan Ramsey
RDE 90 Darren Howard 75 Juqua Thomas
SLB 96 Omar Gaither 57 Chris Gocong
MLB 54 Jeremiah Trotter 96 Omar Gaither
WLB 51 Takeo Spikes 50 Matt McCoy 53 Sam Olajubutu
LCB 26 Lito Sheppard 21 William James 22 Joselio Hanson
RCB 24 Sheldon Brown 29 C.J Gaddis
SS 31 Michael Griffin 37 Sean Considine
FS 20 Brian Dawkins 27 Quintin Mikell
Total-24

SPECIALISTS
PK 2 David Akers
6 Saverio Rocca
KO 2 David Akers
H 10 Kelly Holcomb
PR 11 Jeremy Bloom
KOR 11 Jeremy Bloom
PC 46 Jon Dorenbos
KC 46 Jon Dorenbos
Total-3

cunningham06
04-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Rd.1 Michael Griffin S Texas- Athletic, hard hitter, with underrated coverage ability and top notch run support ability, can compete with Considine for the starting SS spot right away.
Rd.2 Ben Patrick TE Deleware- With LJ in his contract year we may need his successor and even if the FO wants to keep him around we may have ourselves a very good 2 TE set. A great all around TE who likes to block and is a solid reciever.
Rd.3 C.J. Gaddis CB Clemson- A fast and physical CB with good size who could be the dimeback for a year and if he is good enough could be the nickelback with James leaving next offseason, has a load of potential and if he doesn't work out at CB he may also move to S and could be Dawkins' replacement at FS in a few years.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...b/cjgaddis.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/cjgaddis.html)
Rd.5 Baraka Atkins DE Miami (Fl)- With one Miami DE in McDougle likely getting cut we bring in another but for a completely different role, instead of a pass rusher Atkins is a DE who is better against the run than most DEs in the draft, can be a part of the rotation who sees most of his playing time on obvious rushing situations.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...rakaatkins.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/barakaatkins.html)
Rd.6 Sam Olajubutu LB Arkansas- Very productive LB who will most likely not compete for a starting job but is very smart and could be a solid backup and STer.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...molajubutu.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/samolajubutu.html)
Rd.7 Jackie Battle RB/FB Houston- RB/FB tweener but may be the short yardage back we're looking for. Workout warrior but if teams see him as a FB he could be had in the later rounds and quite possibly the 7th.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ckiebattle.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/fb/jackiebattle.html)

Projected Depth Chart at start of regular season

OFFENSE
WR 80 Kevin Curtis 84 Hank Baskett 11 Jeremy Bloom
LT 72 William Thomas 74 Winston Justice
LG 79 Todd Herremans 62 Max Jean-Gilles
C 67 Jamaal Jackson 59 Nick Cole
RG 73 Shawn Andrews 71 Scott Young
RT 69 Jon Runyan 68 Pat McCoy
TE 82 L.J. Smith 85 Ben Patrick 89 Matt Schobel
WR 86 Reggie Brown 83 Greg Lewis 81 Jason Avant
QB 5 Donovan McNabb 14 A.J. Feeley 10 Kelly Holcomb
FB 38 Thomas Tapeh
RB 36 Brian Westbrook 28 Correll Buckhalter 39 Jackie Battle
Total-26

DEFENSE
LDE 93 Jevon Kearse 58 Trent Cole 99 Baraka Atkins
LDT 98 Mike Patterson 78 Brodrick Bunkley
RDT 94 Montae Reagor 77 LaJuan Ramsey
RDE 90 Darren Howard 75 Juqua Thomas
SLB 96 Omar Gaither 57 Chris Gocong
MLB 54 Jeremiah Trotter 96 Omar Gaither
WLB 51 Takeo Spikes 50 Matt McCoy 53 Sam Olajubutu
LCB 26 Lito Sheppard 21 William James 22 Joselio Hanson
RCB 24 Sheldon Brown 29 C.J Gaddis
SS 31 Michael Griffin 37 Sean Considine
FS 20 Brian Dawkins 27 Quintin Mikell
Total-24

SPECIALISTS
PK 2 David Akers
6 Saverio Rocca
KO 2 David Akers
H 10 Kelly Holcomb
PR 11 Jeremy Bloom
KOR 11 Jeremy Bloom
PC 46 Jon Dorenbos
KC 46 Jon Dorenbos
Total-3

If the draft turned out like this I would be very happy. However, I would prefer us to go MLB on day one if we go safety round one. There is a lot of good talent there, and while I do like Sam Olajubutu, I doubt he will ever be able to be a solid starter in the NFL. We need a replacement for Trotter now that Gaither is our WILL. As for replacing LJ, we could probably wait that situation out and if he really wants to leave we could replace him next year, by either picking up a FA or drafting one. We could probably take care of that situation later.

Nice with the Gaddis pick, I really like what he brings to the table.

I would be surprised if Atkins falls to our pick in the 5th round, I see him going in the 5th but chances are he will be gone by the time we pick. That being said, we would probably be better off improving our run defense by drafting a run stuffing DT because that's where I thought the problem was last season. Kearse is solid against the run and Cole is pretty good against it so I think that the place that needs help is DT.

I like the Battle pick.

As for the starting lineups, you really don't think Bunkley will start? I think that he will be given the slightest of edges in the battle to start because our FO needs to know what he's capable of. Hopefully he will prove able to start.

Gaither would not be that great at SLB. One thing that he has a problem with is shedding blocks, which Spikes is very capable of so I definitely see Gaither at WILL and Spikes at SAM.

Where's Rayburn? We will probably keep him on our active roster.

Other than that I agree with the depth chart. Nice job.

Green Kool Aid
04-06-2007, 09:28 PM
After watching some highlights reels, I've come to some conclusions regarding selections the Eagles might be interested in.

1. I like Griffin. He's a leader, more natural at SS, but will learn FS from a similar style player, B-Dawk.

2. Victor Abiamiri looks like a young Strahan.

3. Quentin Moses is getting a bum rap. He is double-teamed on most of the footage, and Charles Johnson is reaping the benefits.

4. Anthony Spencer is a decent pass rusher and a great run-stopper who can get bigger. Like Johnson, he may be a second-rounder.

cunningham06
04-06-2007, 10:41 PM
After watching some highlights reels, I've come to some conclusions regarding selections the Eagles might be interested in.

1. I like Griffin. He's a leader, more natural at SS, but will learn FS from a similar style player, B-Dawk.

2. Victor Abiamiri looks like a young Strahan.

3. Quentin Moses is getting a bum rap. He is double-teamed on most of the footage, and Charles Johnson is reaping the benefits.

4. Anthony Spencer is a decent pass rusher and a great run-stopper who can get bigger. Like Johnson, he may be a second-rounder.

Griffin is much more naturally a FS. He's only 195 pounds, but he is very capable of playing SS, which is where we would play him. Considine is better at FS, and just doesn't get it done in run support, so he would be better off at FS while Griffin plays SS.

I don't know if we really need a DE that badly at this point, we could address that next year, I think we need to address MIKE early this year because Trotter could very well be done after this season.

That is unless we take Waters in the third. If we did that I would like to see:

1. Michael Griffin
2. Spencer/Johnson/Abiamari(unlikely he'll be there though) or Tanard Jackson
3. Anthony Waters.

Green Kool Aid
04-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Griffin is much more naturally a FS. He's only 195 pounds, but he is very capable of playing SS, which is where we would play him. Considine is better at FS, and just doesn't get it done in run support, so he would be better off at FS while Griffin plays SS.

I don't know if we really need a DE that badly at this point, we could address that next year, I think we need to address MIKE early this year because Trotter could very well be done after this season.

That is unless we take Waters in the third. If we did that I would like to see:

1. Michael Griffin
2. Spencer/Johnson/Abiamari(unlikely he'll be there though) or Tanard Jackson
3. Anthony Waters.

I think DE is a priority because we have Kearse (who we can't depend on), Howard (who disappeared last year), Cole, Thomas, McDougle (hahaha), and maybe Gocong (who may be a DE and/or a SLB).

Let's assume that McDougle is gone. That leaves half a Kearse, Howard, Cole, Thomas, and maybe Gocong. Kearse, and /or Howard are probably gone next year, if not during training camp, barring an amazing comeback, so we just might need a young DE to set loose on opposing QBs. A lot actually depends on what position Gocong will play, and even IF he can play in the NFL.

I'm actually trying to stick by the Eagles philosophy, which says draft linemen and QB's in the first round. I like Griffin in the first, but you've got to remeber the 2003 draft, where no one saw them taking Shawn Andrews in the first round when their O-line was stacked.

cunningham06
04-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I think DE is a priority because we have Kearse (who we can't depend on), Howard (who disappeared last year), Cole, Thomas, McDougle (hahaha), and maybe Gocong (who may be a DE and/or a SLB).

Let's assume that McDougle is gone. That leaves half a Kearse, Howard, Cole, Thomas, and maybe Gocong. Kearse, and /or Howard are probably gone next year, if not during training camp, barring an amazing comeback, so we just might need a young DE to set loose on opposing QBs. A lot actually depends on what position Gocong will play, and even IF he can play in the NFL.

I'm actually trying to stick by the Eagles philosophy, which says draft linemen and QB's in the first round. I like Griffin in the first, but you've got to remeber the 2003 draft, where no one saw them taking Shawn Andrews in the first round when their O-line was stacked.

Howard disappeared once Kearse was out, but while they were both starting they were dominating. Trent Cole is on the verge of becoming a good starter, so I don't know how much of an improvement we can get over him in the draft. McDougle is gone, I agree, but Gocong is going to be playing DE/LB this year so he should get some time.

O-Line is a possibility, but if we were to draft someone it would probably be an OT. I'm fine with Winston Justice at LT but we will need a good replacement for Runyan. I wouldn't mind us taking an offensive lineman if Levi Brown were to fall, and that's the only scenario where I think that would be a good option. Aaron Sears would be a slight reach there in my opinion.

Go_Eagles77
04-07-2007, 12:45 PM
O-Line is a possibility, but if we were to draft someone it would probably be an OT. I'm fine with Winston Justice at LT but we will need a good replacement for Runyan. I wouldn't mind us taking an offensive lineman if Levi Brown were to fall, and that's the only scenario where I think that would be a good option. Aaron Sears would be a slight reach there in my opinion.

You don't like this lineup?

Winston Justice - Max Jean-Gilles - Jamaal Jackson - Shawn Andrews - Todd Herremans

I would like to see this before going OL in the 1st. MJG has a load of potential and I'd like to see how he does, I also think Herremans is a natural tackle.

cunningham06
04-07-2007, 12:56 PM
You don't like this lineup?

Winston Justice - Max Jean-Gilles - Jamaal Jackson - Shawn Andrews - Todd Herremans

I would like to see this before going OL in the 1st. MJG has a load of potential and I'd like to see how he does, I also think Herremans is a natural tackle.

Good point, I do like that lineup and really hope that MJG pans out. I was just mainly going with Green Kool Aid's scenario if we were to address O-line I think we would go tackle. Only if Levi Brown were to fall would I be ok with that pick because it would be great value. That and it would allow us to have fantastic depth on our offensive line. We could start Brown at RT, keep Herremans at LG and let MJG compete with him for it. Or we could move Herremans to tackle, and let him back up Brown. I really like to have depth on the offensive line, so in that case I would be ok with it.

Green Kool Aid
04-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Good point, I do like that lineup and really hope that MJG pans out. I was just mainly going with Green Kool Aid's scenario if we were to address O-line I think we would go tackle. Only if Levi Brown were to fall would I be ok with that pick because it would be great value. That and it would allow us to have fantastic depth on our offensive line. We could start Brown at RT, keep Herremans at LG and let MJG compete with him for it. Or we could move Herremans to tackle, and let him back up Brown. I really like to have depth on the offensive line, so in that case I would be ok with it.

I don't think they'll go O-Line this year because we have too many on the roster already. Herremans will be the future RT. It's D-line or DB, where we need the most help. I meant that the Eagles only use first rounders on both lines, QB, or CB.

Go_Eagles77
04-07-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't think they'll go O-Line this year because we have too many on the roster already. Herremans will be the future RT. It's D-line or DB, where we need the most help. I meant that the Eagles only use first rounders on both lines, QB, or CB.

Why? Just because that is what happened since Reid got here? We also used one on Mitchell, a WR. Just because that is what happened doesn't mean those are the only positions they use a 1st rounder on.

cunningham06
04-07-2007, 02:09 PM

Wait, wtf?? You were definitely just talking about going O-line in the draft. As for D-line there aren't really any players that would be good value where we pick unless someone falls.

Green Kool Aid
04-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Wait, wtf?? You were definitely just talking about going O-line in the draft. As for D-line there aren't really any players that would be good value where we pick unless someone falls.

I was refering to the 2004 Shawn Andrews draft as an example of when the Eagles were stacked at O-line, but still took Andrews.

And the Eagles could think that an Anthony Spencer, Quentin Moses, or Charles Johnson is worth a low first rounder. They thought that Patterson, who was a consensus 2nd-3rd rounder, was worth a low first rounder.

bsaza2358
04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Andy Reid believes in controlling the trenches on both sides of the ball. In past drafts, he has invested heavily in the OLine (2006 was a key example of this). There may be 1 OLine prospect out there (likely an OT), but it is not as critical a need as the DLine. The team only has 6 draft picks. I could definitely see a bunch of UDFA's on the OLine and DLine, but that really doesn't count in most cases.

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm not gonna go into depth on this one

R.1- Michael Griffin S Texas
R.2- David Harris MLB Michigan
R.3- Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
R.5- Jay Moore DE Nebraska
R.6- Jackie Battle RB/FB Houston
R.7- Jonny Harline TE B.Y.U

What do you guys think?

DowntownReggieBrown
04-12-2007, 07:40 AM
What's everybody so down on Trent Cole for? Scott says he isn't a starter in the Team Draft Needs section and GKA laughs him off in this thread..... Did I miss something or wasn't this guy the most consistent pass rusher on the team?
I understand that due to his size he might only be a 2-down player, but that's the way a lot of DE's are anymore

Green Kool Aid
04-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Whoa, wait a sec. I didn't do anything of the sort. Trent Cole is a good DE, but because of his size, and the way most teams play now, I think we will need depth, and a future starter at the other DE position.

I only say this for two reasons. One, because it is the Eagles philosophy to take linemen in the first round. Two, because Kearse is injury prone and expensive. Hugh Douglas said on WIP that he saw Kearse recently, and he looked really light because of his injury, about 220-230 lbs. He may not be ready for the season, nor would I like to depend on him.

Darren Howard all but disappeared across form Cole, and he is also expensive. I think he sticks around for a year in order to get some value for his deal. He'll need a good year to continue being on the team.

McDougle is gone. Juqua Thomas is a nice rotation guy but he's 29 and at his peak right now. Gocong is an unknown quantity. All I meant was DE depth would be good, and it matches the Eagles philosophy.

Look out for Anthony Spencer. He didn't play top-notch quality opponents at Purdue, but those numbers don't lie. Others like Charles Johnson, but I think he was successful as Quentin Moses saw mostly double teams. I still like Michael Griffin in the first, but don't be surprised if he doesn't last past the Pats.

Matter of fact, this would be a great two first rounds:

1. Michael Griffin
2. Quentin Moses(A) or Victor Abiamiri(B).

And Brian Leonard somehow too (why not get greedy).

PhillytoSB07
04-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd like to share my own Eagles mock. Well, this is more of what I hope happens than what I think will happen.

*I guarantee we will find a way to get another mid-round pick

Round One - Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh, CB/S

I'd love to get Revis. We'd probably have to trade up to get him now as he's, according to Scott Wright, the best CB in the draft right now. He's got the size and physicalness to be a safety and the speed and athleticism to be a cornerback. Having the option of putting him at either CB or S would be a big plus because both William James and Sean Considine have many question marks.

Round Two - Buster Davis, Florida State, LB

I was very surprised to see Scott Wright not put Davis in the first three rounds of his most recent mock. He has plenty of strengths and it seems that his only weakness is his height. His strengths according to Scott Wright: very instinctive and is always around the action...big hitter and solid tackler... good pass rusher blitzer... versatile and can play either ILB or OLB... strong with a sturdy frame... moves well with sideline-to-sideline range... has a lot of experience... has a high football IQ and is like an extra coach on the field... was very productive... an excellent leader with great intangibles... has a lot of special teams talent. Seems that he would fit the Eagles perfectly.

Round Three - Michael Bush, RB, Louisville

*Round Four - Travarous Bain, CB, Hampton

Round Five - Allen Barbe, OT, Missouri Southern St.

Round Six - Yamon Figurs, WR, Kansas St.

Round Seven - Jay Alford, DT, Penn State

Players that could possibly be traded on draft day:

William Thomas, OT
Greg Lewis, WR
Ryan Moats, RB
Jerome McDougle, DE
Dhani Jones, LB
Matt McCoy, LB

Rob331
04-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I hope they make a couple of trades including our #1 for a #2 and a #3.
Other possible moves - Tra Thomas for a #4
Greg Lewis for a #5

2 Jason Hill - WR
2a Tim Crowder - DE
3 Sabby Piscatelli - S
3a Fred Bennett - CB
4 Zak DeOssie - LB
5 Chris Henry - RB
5a Alan Whitworth - TE
6 Jeff Rowe - QB
7 Jeremy Clark - DT

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Well I am back. With the recent news out there this is how I would like the draft to work out.
1. Michael Griffin, S. We all know that Safety is our biggest need now that we have aquired Takeo Spikes. Griffin is capable of playing either Safety spot, and would fit our Defense well at either. By week 5 or 6, he may be our starting SS to take over for Considine. He will team up with Dawkins and we will once again have a formittable secondary.
2. Brian Leonard, FB/RB. It seems as though some people are beginning to favor Leonard now that we have filled some of our other needs. But he will be a dynamic force in our offense that will help make it one of the best in the league.
3. Anthony Waters, MLB. It seems that Gaither will stay at WILL, but if he does move to MIKE, Waters is capable of playing WILL as well. Before his injury he was expected to be in the running for the first LB taken in this year's draft. If he is fully recovered from his injury, which it seems as though he is, we would be getting a major steal here. He is equally good against the run and pass, which would help our defense a lot in the future. Waters will most likely sit for a year or two until Trotter retires. But when he takes over, I would love to have our LBs have him in the middle.
5. Mike Walker, WR. I know I have been adament about not wanting a WR, but I don't see very many real needs. He is a potential sleeper who could make an impact for our team. If he is anywhere close to a steal, the Eagles may have one of the best overall receiving corps in the league in a few years. Brown, Curtis, Baskett, Avant, and Walker is a very good and very deep set of WRs.
6. Courtney Brown, CB. Another sleeper pick who could go anywhere from the sixth round to undrafted. There has been a lot of news about him in the past month and I like what he brings to the table. If he is a possible pick, our FO will be asking Gocong about him, since they played two years together at Cal Poly. There are other options that we could go with at CB here, but I like Brown right now.
7. Gabe Hall, OT. A big, quick OT that would help make our O-line even more deep and talented. It seems pretty obvious that our FO drafts at least one linemen every year, and with the new acquisition at DT, O-line seems more likely to me.

I don't have us taking any DEs or TEs because next year's draft class is very deep in both of these positions. It seems as though LJ will be back, because we have enough cap space that we could sign him, but that remains to be seen. This year's draft class is very deep at DE, so it is still a possibility. It is very possible that we draft one or both of these positions in this upcoming draft.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Rd. 1 Michael Griffin S Texas - Great athlete who could compete for starting SS right away.
Rd. 2 Tim Crowder DE Texas - Great overall DE who might be a future starter, also gets re-united with former teammate Michael Griffin.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...timcrowder.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/timcrowder.html)
Rd. 3 CJ Gaddis CB Clemson - I know this may be a bit of a reach but this guy has a lot of potential and could be a really good nickelback in a year when James leaves through FA.
Rd. 5 Desmond Bishop MLB Cal - Could be a really good backup/ Special teamer and may even be able to see some starting time in the future.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...mondbishop.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/desmondbishop.html)
Rd. 6 Jackie Battle RB/FB Houston - Big and fast and could break a lot of tackles, could get some PT in short yardage situations.
Rd. 7 Donte Rosario TE Oregon - Could make the roster as a 3rd TE, could at least help on special teams.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...nterosario.html (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/danterosario.html)

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Here is my new mock(s).
A.
1. Michael Griffin, S. We all now that safety is our biggest need now, and it is between him and Meriweather. Some people think Nelson would make it to our pick, but I don't think he would work well in our defense. He doesn't fit our style of play, and we already have two FSs. Considine is the future at FS, and we don't want Nelson as a SS, and I'm sure most of us don't want Considine as our SS much longer than he needs to. As much as most of us would like it, Meriweather will not be picked by the Eagles in the first round. His character issues will drive him away from Philly. Griffin will be able to come in and compete for the SS position right away and may start by the mid-way point of the year. I do like the safety positions of the future with Considine at FS and Griffin at SS.
2. Brian Leonard, FB,RB. I know most of you are going to butcher me over this pick, but I believe he would be the perfect compliment to Westbrook. He is a great team first kind of guy who would fill any gaps in the Eagles' backfield. With the Eagles shopping Moats, this pick seems even more likely. The Eagles also have brought Leonard in for a visit, so that may be indicating something, or it may be a smokescreen. A lot of people have the Pats taking him in the first, but I don't see it happening. They will not use a first round pick on a RB two years in a row, and they already have a decent backup.
3. Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE,DT. This is a guy that is very raw and has plenty of potential. Scott has drawn comparisons to Luis Castillo. As of right now, he is one of the better run-stoppers ot the DE position. He is the most balanced DE behind Adam Carriker in my opinion. He has a great bull rush and will be able to stop the run very well. With more learning of technique and coaching, he could be a steal. He is not well known for his pass-rushing skills, but recorded 9 sacks and 17.5 tackles for loss total in his junior and senior years.
4. Rory Johnson, LB. Another potential steal who was shadowed by Patrick Willis. Would be a solid mid round pickup who could provide at least some depth to our LB corp. Has good coverage skills, but is a bit undersized, though he has room to add bulk. Has good speed and quickness that is always a benefit. There are some character concerns and some doubt of his intelligence, so that is a concern.
6. Anthony Arline, CB. He may go a little earlier than this, but at this point it is hard to predict. He has the size and speed that we would want in a Nickel CB. He changes direction well, but is not stellar against the run. A possible steal again if our coaching staff can work with him well.
7. Louis Leonard, DT. I know that it is unlikely we draft a DT now, but we still may go after one if we trade away Sam Rayburn, which is not out of the question. An absolute mountain at DT who is great against the point of attack and can take on double teams. Not a good pass rusher, but we don't really need another one. We need a DT who is able to plug up the middle, and that is something he would bring to this team. Would fit well in the rotation, and even if he wouldn't pan out, it was only a seventh rounder anyway.

B.
1. Michael Griffin, S. Same explanation as above.
2. Tim Crowder, DE. Another balanced DE, which is what we need. He is stout against the run and good at the poiint of attack. He dropped in his draft status after the Senior Bowl Week, but he is still one of the most consistent DEs that would be available in this range. He played against great competition at Texas and still has room to improve, along with adding some bulk. Even though he is not considered a good pass-rusher, he had 10.5 sacks and 18 TFLs in his senior season alone.
3. Ben Patrick, TE. This is one of my favorite guys in the draft, and I have insider info on him. He is the msot balanced TE in this draft and is an excellent receiver. He blocks well and gives his best effort on every play. Incredibly intelligent with top notch intangibles. His coach would comment on his work ethic and his lave for the game. His playing speed is better than his timed speed, and posesses very good hands. He will gain a lot of yards after the catch. He will be drafted to replace LJ if our FO thinks they will be unable to re-sign him next year. Some say he may be gone by this point in the third round, but we could trade up for him, or he may fall.
5. Michael Coe, CB. Another guy who can come in and play Nickel for us. Has good height at 6'1", and good speed. Can change direction well, but could use improvement in his tackling and run support.
6. Nate Ilaoa, RB. This guy should be at the top of your RB want board if you want to get one late. He is a big guy at 245 lbs, just the pounder we would need. He is a great receiver out of the backfield as well, so that is another thing that would help him in our West Coast offense. He is a little short at 5'9", but AR seems to like the shorter backs. He had more total TD than Marshawn Lynch this year. Ilaoa had 13 rushing TDs and 5 receiving TDs, while Lynch had only 11 rushing TDs and 4 receiving TDs. Ilaoa didn't have as many rushing yards, but blew Lynch away in terms of receiving yards. Some may question his level of competition, but it seems as though that is getting less important every year. If a guy can play, he can play, and it is as simple as that. There are durability concerns and he is older than most of the other prospects, but he is our short yardage back, and that should not be much of a problem.
7. Gabe Hall, OT. A possible sleeper pick who has good size, and speed for the postition. Another one of the guys to add depth to our O-line for when Runyan and Thomas retire. I think he was the fastest linemen at the combine, but I may be wrong. He ran a 4.91, which I see as very good, especially for a 6'4", 315 lb guy.

C.

1. Paul Posluszny, LB. This is if Griffin is gone and there is really no other vialble option if we are unable to trade down. That being said, Poz would be a great addition to our LB corps. He has the versatiality to play either WILL of MIKE, he would just need to add a couple of pounds to play either, more if we want him to play MIKE. Most of you may question this but I see him as a DeMeco Ryans type player. They were bother very productive in college, but didn't posess the measurables that everyone was looking for. Poz may not step in and play right away, but that will just make him hungrier for when he does play. We all know a lot about him, so I will not go any further into this pick.
2. Eric Weddle, S. Once again, another pick a lot may not be satisfied with, but he fills a major need and is a good all around football player. He is a balanced Safety who is equally good against the run and the pass. He had 7 INTs his senior year. Doesn't have the measurables, but makes up for it and then some by his play.
3. Michael Bush, RB. His stock is plumetting and may end up going later due to his injury. He would be considered a steal if we got him this late and would contribute well in our two-back system. He also has exceptional hands and is a good receiver. He would fit very well in our system. He is big at 6'1", and 245 lbs, but posesses enough quickness to get us those tough yards. He may not be able to outrun many people, but he would be able to run over some.
5. Baraka Atkins, DE. Another DE who is solid against the run but not considered a great pass rusher. He would contribute well to our DE rotation and would be our Run-stuffing DE. He can still add a few more pounds and has been able to play well at the point of attack, which is something our defense has needed out of its line.
6. Courtney Brown, CB(Check out his initials, I just noticed that). This is one of the many sleeper picks that the Eagles guys have been talking about. He has the size, speed, and athleticism to be a major steal in this draft. He could, in time, develop into a great Nickel for our defense. Has great intelligence and intangibles, but there are questions about his level of competition at Cal Poly.
7. Kasey Studdard, OG. He would at the very least be a potential backup for the Eagles. His father played in the NFL. He has sufficient size at 6'2" and 300 lbs, but what many like about him is his nasty demeanor. He is a classic mauler who AR would love to watch. He has good work ethic and great intangibles. A litlle bit of a problem in space, but there is room for him to improve upon.

These are a few options that i see as possibilities. I expect the Eagles would be in a few draft day trades, but I decided to keep it simple for now and not include any trades. I will do one with trades in a short time, and then we will have to see what you guys think. My favorite one is B, but I would like some opinions on what the rest of you think about it.

cunningham06
04-21-2007, 01:19 PM
A. Picks I like: Griffin, Alama-Francis, and Louis Leonard.

I don't see Brian Leonard lasting to us in the second round.

Griffin fills our biggest need, Alama-Francis gives us a different style of DE. Johnson addresses a need although I would rather us take a LB earlier. I do not like the idea of us taking Arline. I would like Tarell Brown there but we probably wouldn't take him because of character concerns. Louis Leonard who I have posted my thoughts on IMO is one of the best options we have in the seventh round. He is the perfect situational run stuffer.

B. Picks I like: Griffin, Crowder, Coe, Ilaoa

I'm not a big Ben Patrick fan, but if we were to take him I would be ok with it.

Crowder would be a great second round pick, he could really become a great player in this league. I also really like Coe, he would be able to push James for the nickel position in TC. Ilaoa fills a need and we could use a back like him. Gabe Hall, meh whatever it's a seventh round pick it doesn't really matter.

C. Picks I like: Brown, Studdard.

The first two picks I'm ok with but wouldn't be all that excited about. Michael Bush is big but he isn't a power back which is what we really need to address. Atkins is alright but he doesn't offer anything in terms of pass-rush. Brown I like as a sleeper pick, same with Studdard. I've seen a lot of Studdard because I watch a lot of UT games, and he would be a good addition. He is very strong and is just a great passionate player. I would really like to get him.

If I were to choose one of them to be the Eagles draft I would pick B.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Anyone else want to put in their opinion?

Creek
04-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I haven't been able to pay as much attention to the draft this year as I have to the last few, but the guy I like in the 1st is Griffin. Not anything earth-shattering, as it seems a lot of people think he's a good fit for the Eagles, but he's the guy I've wanted since the start of the off-season. Leonard in the 2nd would be great and I think he could give the offense another dimension, but I've heard he probably won't be around 'till our pick. Moses and Woodley are two DE's I like, but they're more 3-4 guys. With that said, here's my attempt at a very unresearched mock:

1. Michael Griffin S
2. Ikaika Alama-Francis DE
3. Brandon Siler LB

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 06:18 PM
That looks fine by me, but I doubt Siler lasts that long. But there are other options at LB we could go with there.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Here is another quick one...
1. Paul Posluszny, LB. This is if all of the safeties and DEs that we would target are gone.
2. Eric Weddle, S. Could play either S spot, would battle for SS role by week 6-8.
3. Fred Bennett, CB. Just the big Nickel CB we would need
5. Baraka Atkins, DE. We need DE, and Atkins would be a good choice in the fifth round.
6. Nate Ilaoa, RB. Great fit in our offense. A hard runner and a good receiver.
7. Mike Jones, OG. Our FO can't go a draft without an O linemen, and he will provide quality depth.
This is a much more sloppy draft with less work put into it, but what would you say. There are a lot of names you have heard before, but how about it? What would you think? Personally, I think there are much better options, but the draft cold end up something like this for us.

bsaza2358
04-25-2007, 04:11 PM
I would have little problem with that particular mock draft. Not a fan of Poz, but I'd deal with it if he were able to produce.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 06:46 PM
This isn't my ideal scenario, but it couls pan out something like this. I just thought I would do one that doesn't have Griffin for a change. Or do one that isn't as popular, because there is always the chance that the draft could turn out like this.

eaglesfan_45
04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
We should keep using this thread

eaglesfan_45
04-13-2008, 11:26 PM
1st-Kenny Phillips S Miami- would probobly end up as the starter by the end of the season
2nd- Malom Kelly WR Oklahoma- could eventually start, solid reciever, slipped because of slow 40 times.
3rd- Tavares Gooden OLB Miami- Would add depth and get alot of playing time at the WLB spot
4th- Terell Thomas USC CB- would take over the nickel back spot if Brown gets moved to safety
4th Comp.- Jonathan Goff Venderbilt LB- solid player, what you see is what you get with him would get alot of playing time due to lack of depth
5th- Orlando Scandrick Boise St. CB- can compete with Thomas for the nickel spot and produce on special teams
5th- Geoff Schwartz Oregon OT/OG- Todd Herramens 2.0 extremely underrated, blocked for Stewart and Dixon in a good Pac-10 confrence
6th Comp.- Jacob Hester FB LSU- FB spot is wide open and he could win the starting spot he also is a good fit for us.
6th Comp.- Corey Clark OT Texas A&M-good depth could be a steal
7th- Barry Booker Virginia Tech DT/DE- Good pass rusher from the DT spot

or

Trade Lito and 1 sixth and next years fourth for early second.
Trade fifth, sixth, seventh for late fourth

1st- Devin Thomas WR Michigan St.- Is big and he is fast, he could probobly overtake the starting spot by the end of the season if he worked hard enough. 6-2, 216lbs, and 4.4 fourty yard dash.
2nd- Sam Baker OT USC- a first round talent who has fallen for some reason, before the mock drafts had us taking him in the first, Eagles get a steal by getting him in the second. The future LT.
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana- Would have the nickel spot or maybe even the #2 spot of Brown is moved to safety.
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Physical safety who would be the heir apparent to Dawkins.
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt- Would proboly see at least some playing time because of depth issues at LB.
4th- DeMarrio Pressley DT North Carolina St.- could take over the #3 spot in our DT rotation if he worked hard, because, Von Olehoffen and Reagor aren't anything to write home about, and Ramsey hasn't wowed anyone yet.
4th comp.- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas- everyone wants James Hardy but this guy is 6 foot 4, 215 pounds and runs a 4.42 40 yard dash. He is a Red Zone threat.
6th comp.- Jerome Fulton FB/RB Furman- Would help provide the Eagles with a monster RB rotation, he is a FB/RB twenner who is really good on the goal line and has great intangables
6th comp.- Corey Clark OT/OG Texas A&M- really just good for depth.

Or

Trade Lito for Jax 2 3rd Rounders
Trade 4th, 5th, 2 6ths, 7th for late 3rd rounder

1st- Aqib Talib CB Kansas- I really like this guy, a bit of a reach but he would be a good nickle back and could play safety if necessary
2nd- Reggie Smith S Oklahoma- He fell because of slow 40 times but what Eagles fans don't realize is that he has nearly the exact measurables and production of Brian Dawkins coming out of college.
3rd- Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina- big reciever who wouldn't be limited to a possesion reciever role, hard worker with good intangibles and he has a huge wingspan and 11 inch hands.
3rd- Kendall Langford DT/DE Hampton- another hard worker who is strong powerful a good run defender, good bull rusher, and a team leader all of this according to Mr. Wright
3rd- Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech- Would mostly be a kick returner poor mans Santana Moss
3rd- Roy Schuening OG Oregon St.- could start if Jean-Giles doesn't work out and Herramens or Andrews are kicked out to tackle hard worker and a team leader
4th comp.- Geoff Schwartz OT/OG Oregon- Todd Herramens 2.0 extremely underrated, blocked for Stewart and Dixon in a good Pac-10 confrence
6th comp.- Jonathan Wilhite CB Auburn- Tough and Physical, but he is only 5-9 1/2, he seems just like Brandon Flowers he is underrated
6th comp.- Anthony Aldrige RB Houston- Would be mostly special teams guy but is a really really poor mans Reggie Bush plus he has worked with Kolb before.

or

No Trades

1st Round- Kenny Phillips S Miami- Would be Dawkin's replacement and could start by the end of the season. Could be great.
2nd Round- Sam Baker OT USC- Would be the future LT.
3rd Round- Tyvon Branch CB/S Connecticut- really good kick returner who could play FS.
4th Round- Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbildt- team leader with alot of experience would get playing time to to the lack of depth.
4th Round- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas- 6-4 with 4.4 speed. He is an endzone threat. would give Mcnabb a big target.
5th Round- Brad Cottam TE Tennesee- He is 6-7 1/2 with 4.6 speed. Another endzone threat who, would provide depth at TE where LJ Smith is injury prone and Schoebel isn't anything spectacular and could be shown the door.
6th Round- Lance Legget WR Miami- 6-4 with 4.4 speed. He is a good athlete who is another endzone threat. Inconsistent but that could be due to QB play. 1st round pick on paper.
6th Round- Quintin Demps S U.T.E.P.- Coverage Safety who makes alot of big plays. He also returns kicks and is a team leader.
6th Round- Jonathan Wilhite CB Auburn- Tough CB built for the nickel spot. He is experienced against top competition.
6th Round- Xavier Omon HB NW Missouri St.- Small school guy. He is a big back who runs wit power and can play FB. Ran for 37 TDs as a senior.
7th Round- Kyle Wright QB Miami- Guy with all the physical tools you look for but is inconsistent. Was the nations top recruit coming out of High School. QB isn't really a need, but it is the 7th round, this guys got potential and Feeley isn't very young.

or

Trade Lito for an early second

[B]1st- DeSean Jackson WR Cal- The playmaker that McNabb has been asking for. He can also get our special teams game going. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it.
2nd- Chris Johnson RB East Carolina- Another playmaker for McNabb to use. Westbrook can't play forever and he is around 30, and Johnson is the perfect replacement. Also he can provide the lightning to Tony Hunts thunder for years. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it.
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana- A playmaker in the secondary which is really what the Eagles lacked last year. 6 ints last year. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it. He can return kicks.
3rd- Dre Moore DT Maryland- Could work his way into the DT rotation if he worked hard. Physically gifted player.
4th- Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame- Team leader who is fiery and intense, and he is tough as nails. Loves to hit and was a nationally ranked boxer. He is a big time playmaker.
4th- Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas- Was used at fullback, H-back, tailback, tight end, wide receiver and punt returner in college. He is versatile and he blocked for D-Mac and Felix Jones in college.
5th- Geoff Schwartz OT Oregon- He really is Todd Herramens 2.0. He blocked for Jonathan Stewart and Dennis Dixon.
6th- Gary Guyton LB Georgia Tech- An excellent special teamer. He is quick and ran a 4.47 40 as a linebacker. He would help at the WLB position
6th- Lance Leggett WR Miami- Another playmaker for McNabb, he is 6-4 and ran a 40 in the 4.4's. He is really athletic and can leap out of the building.
6th- Spencer Larsen ILB Arizona- team leader who has excellent intangibles. He is a hard worker who can play on special teams.
6th- Shannon Boatman OT Florida St.- Really Raw but has a ton of potential. 2 year starter in the ACC.
7th- Steven Hauschka K North Carolina St.- Akers is declining so this is his replacement.

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2008, 06:59 AM
As I said in the otherthread, which I didn't see at first, the only one I owuldn't likeis the Talib one, but looking over it, actually, the Desean Jackson one I wouldn't be a fan of either. Its not just because of the first orund picks, but because of the draft as a whole. Next time I do a mock, I will do it here instead of where it was being done before.

eaglesfan_45
04-14-2008, 02:34 PM
1st- Chris Williams OT Vanderbuildt (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/chriswilliams.html)
2nd- Reggie Smith S Oklahoma (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/reggiesmith.html)
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/tracyporter.html)
3rd- Eddie Royal WR Virginia Tech (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/eddieroyal.html)
4th- Beau Bell LB UNLV (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/beaubell.html)
4th comp.- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/marcusmonk.html)
5th- Geoff Schwartz OT Oregon (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/geoffschwartz.html)
6th- Carlton Powell DT Virginia Tech (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/carltonpowell.html)
6th- Angelo Craig DE Cincinnati (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/angelocraig.html)
6th- Joey Haynos TE Maryland (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/te/joeyhaynos.html)
6th- Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan St. (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/fb/jehuucaulcrick.html)
7th- Darnell Terrell CB Missouri (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/darnellterrell.html)

brat316
04-14-2008, 02:39 PM
man we were all really off last year. Griff being the pick. Only right person was Nate

eaglesfan_45
04-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Trade 1st for 49ers 1st and 3rd
Trade Lito to Rams for 33rd pick
Trade 2 6th for 5th

1st- Felix Jones HB Arkansas- Would eventually replace Brian Westbrook at HB and would return kicks as a rookie. Would provide the lightning to Tony Hunt's Thunder
2nd- Sam Baker OT USC- Would be the heir apparent to William Thomas. He would be the future LT
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana- He would start at the nickel spot and be a playmaker. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.
3rd- Donnie Avery WR Houston- He probobly would start at the slot posistion, and he would provide a playmaker on offense who could return kicks and punt. He would also help Kolb feel more comfertable.
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Tough physical safety who would be the heir apparent to Dawkins.
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt- Tough defensive leader, who would help fill the run stopping void that Trotter left.
4th- Frank Okam DT Texas- Tough Run defender who would help the Eagles stop all the power running attacks of the division rivals.
5th- Orlando Scandrick CB Boise St- an underrated guy, who would probobly take over the number 4 spot and return kicks and punts.
5th- Owen Scmitt FB West Virginia- would start at FB. He is also a good special teamer
6th- Quintin Demps S U.T.E.P.- Playmaker in the secondary who would come in and play as the third string FS. He got alot of interceptions, and he can return kicks.
6th- Corey Clark Texas A&M OT/OG- would provide depth, and could one day be a starter.
7th- Lex Hilliard Montana FB/HB- would be brought in as competition for the FB spot and for the power back and would try to push Tony Hunt.

UDFA-
Robert Jordan WR Cal
Clyde Edwards WR Grambling St.
Franklin Dunbar OT Middle Tennesee St.
Shannon Boatman OT Florida St.
Mike Fladell OG Rutgers
Larry Grant LB Ohio St.
David Vobora LB Idaho
Chris Graham LB Michigan
Brian Witherspoon CB Stillman
Art Carmody K Louisville
Brandon Coutu K Georgia
^^
Would provide competition and thats about all unless they play out of their minds on special teams.

brat316
04-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah did anyone notice westbrooke has reached that age of 30. A teribble number for rbs.

eaglesfan_45
04-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah did anyone notice westbrooke has reached that age of 30. A teribble number for rbs.

I did! I did!

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2008, 06:36 AM
Trade 1st for 49ers 1st and 3rd
Trade Lito to Rams for 33rd pick
Trade 2 6th for 5th

1st- Felix Jones HB Arkansas- Would eventually replace Brian Westbrook at HB and would return kicks as a rookie. Would provide the lightning to Tony Hunt's Thunder
2nd- Sam Baker OT USC- Would be the heir apparent to William Thomas. He would be the future LT
2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana- He would start at the nickel spot and be a playmaker. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.
3rd- Donnie Avery WR Houston- He probobly would start at the slot posistion, and he would provide a playmaker on offense who could return kicks and punt. He would also help Kolb feel more comfertable.
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Tough physical safety who would be the heir apparent to Dawkins.
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt- Tough defensive leader, who would help fill the run stopping void that Trotter left.
4th- Frank Okam DT Texas- Tough Run defender who would help the Eagles stop all the power running attacks of the division rivals.
5th- Orlando Scandrick CB Boise St- an underrated guy, who would probobly take over the number 4 spot and return kicks and punts.
5th- Owen Scmitt FB West Virginia- would start at FB. He is also a good special teamer
6th- Quintin Demps S U.T.E.P.- Playmaker in the secondary who would come in and play as the third string FS. He got alot of interceptions, and he can return kicks.
6th- Corey Clark Texas A&M OT/OG- would provide depth, and could one day be a starter.
7th- Lex Hilliard Montana FB/HB- would be brought in as competition for the FB spot and for the power back and would try to push Tony Hunt.

UDFA-
Robert Jordan WR Cal
Clyde Edwards WR Grambling St.
Franklin Dunbar OT Middle Tennesee St.
Shannon Boatman OT Florida St.
Mike Fladell OG Rutgers
Larry Grant LB Ohio St.
David Vobora LB Idaho
Chris Graham LB Michigan
Brian Witherspoon CB Stillman
Art Carmody K Louisville
Brandon Coutu K Georgia
^^
Would provide competition and thats about all unless they play out of their minds on special teams.

Not really big fan of that, mainly because I am not a fna of Felix Jones. If we would stay put and hope for Mendenhall or even go back and get Stewart, I would like this a little more. Actually, the rest is really good, I would just hate the first pick. I know Westy is getting old, but he doesn't have 30 yr old legs. He was part of a rotation and barely played in his first few years, ( At least didn't have as many carries as a starter)so the true time to look for his replacement may be a little later.

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Gonna do a short one.
1. Chris Williams, LT. One of our three first round needs, Safety and WR are considered as well. Will be a great Blindside blocker for the future.
Trade Lito for an early second rounder (35-40) and trade that pick, a fourth and our fifth for a pick in the first three slots in the second round.
2a. Kenny Phillips, SS/FS. May not be available here yet, but if he falls, the Eagles woudl be more than happy to pick him up to be an Anchor at the S position, wherever he ends up.
2b. Malcolm Kelly, WR. Slow forty drops him here. He could still go in the first, if teams don't weigh it heavily, or he could go in the third, so this would be a great place for the Eagles to pick him up.
3. Antuan Molden, CB. Stock is flying recently. Once considered a late rounder, now could go as early as round three. Will battle for the Nickle spot.
4.(Comp) Ezra Butler, OLB. Will provide great depth for our LB corp, and would be a more than capable fill-in starter if injuries become a problem.
Eagles trade their two sixth round choices and seventh to move into the fifth.
5. Letroy Guion, DT. We need to add competition to our DT depth, and Guion would do jus that.
6. (Comp) Zach Bowman, CB. Would actually come in and may win the Nickel CB role. Has decent size, speed, and ball skills to be a great Nickel, and at worst, would make a great fourth option at CB. I actually really like this guy, and he may go earlier than expected.
6. (Comp) Chris McDuffie, OG. Prototypical Late round guy Andy brings in for depth competiton. May make the team, may not.
There are a few trades ion here, but I expect the Eagles to end up with about this many picks, they may stockpile for the future.

brat316
04-15-2008, 03:01 PM
yo when you do trades do you take the point value into account or do you just do them.

Becuase 2 6th and a 7th will not get you into the 5th round, unless all three are high picks and even then it would be the bottom of the 5th round.

Go_Eagles77
04-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Pretty funny how I had the eagles taking Michael Griffin in every single mock draft last year.

eaglesfan_45
04-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Trade Lito for an Early Second Rounder
Trade 2 6ths, for a 5th

1st- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh- He is a big OT who can run block. He is really physical. He played LT in college, and he is a projected LT in the pros. Heir apparent at LT.
2nd- Reggie Smith S Oklahoma- Smith is a physical safety, who can make the big hit and he helps in run support. He looks to be Brian Dawkins successor, but could start as a rookie.
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Lee is a big physical CB, who will help in Run support. He would take the nickel spot immediately if Lito was traded.
3rd- Ray Rice HB Rutgers- Rice is a tough running back who could give Westbrook some rest.
4th- Shawn Crable LB Michigan- Crable is a big strong linebacker, who can play Jim Johnson's joker LB role.
4th- Chevis Jackson CB LSU- Yet another big CB who will help in run support.
5th- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas- Monk is a big red zone threat, who is a physical WR. Would start as the slot guy right away for the Eagles.
5th- Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia- Would start at FB right away. He is a great lead blocker and is a really hard runner.
6th- Henry Smith DT Texas A&M- A really good run stopper from the DT spot and would probably come in on goal line situations. Really big and strong.
6th- Brandon Keith OT Northern Iowa- He is a mauler at the OT spot. Really strong, he is quick and has a ton of potential. He is really underrated.
7th- Bryan Mattison DE Iowa- Good Run stopper from the DE spot and the Eagles lack that. Would come in on goal line situations to help stop the run.

eaglesfan_45
04-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Trade Lito Sheppard and 4th rounder for Atlanta pick #34
Trade ATL 2nd for 2 Jax 3rd rounders
Trade 2 6ths for a 5th

1st- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon- Westbrooks eventual replacement and the #2 right away
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Would help cover the bigger WRs in the division like TO or Plaxico.
3rd- Early Doucet WR LSU- Slot guy who could return kicks.
3rd- Red Bryant DT Texas A&M- Big run stopper to stop Jacobs, Potis, and Barber
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Dawk's replacemnt
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt-Another big run stopper to stop Jacobs, Potis, and Barber
5th- Eric Young OT/OG Tennesee- depth w/ potential to start
5th- Geoff Schwartz OT/OG Oregon- depth w/ potential to start
6th- Darnell Terrell CB/S Missouri- physically gifted guy, who has alot of potential.
6th- Larry Grant LB Ohio St.- Would help out the LB rotation, with all the good runners in our division and, play special teams really well.
7th- Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan St.- competition for FB spot and power RB spot

eaglesfan_45
04-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Trade Lito For Early second
trade 1st for 49ers 1st and 3rd
trade 2 6ths and 5th for 4th rounder

1st- Chris Johnson RB East Carolina-Another playmaker for McNabb to use. Westbrook can't play forever and he is around 30, and Johnson is the perfect replacement. Also he can provide the lightning to Tony Hunts thunder for years. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it.
2nd- Dustin Keller TE Purdue- The Eagles need a playmaker, so they bring in Keller who is versatile, can play WR, FB, HB, and TE. I think the Eagles would be wise to grab him and use him in a Dallas Clark type role. Smith's replacement.
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Lee is a big physical CB, who will help in Run support. He would take the nickel spot immediately if Lito was traded. Would help cover the bigger WRs in the division like TO or Plaxico.
3rd- Anthony Collins OT Kansas- Would be the heir apparent to William Thomas. He would be the future LT
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Dawk's replacement
4th- DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina St.- Could work his way into the DT rotation if he worked hard. Physically gifted player.
4th- Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas- Was used at fullback, H-back, tailback, tight end, wide receiver and punt returner in college. He is versatile and he blocked for D-Mac and Felix Jones in college.
6th- Larry Grant LB Ohio St.- Would help out the LB rotation, with all the good runners in our division and, play special teams really well.
6th- Ben Moffitt LB South Florida- Would help out the LB rotation, with all the good runners in our division and, play special teams really well.
7th- Lex Hilliard FB/RB- would be brought in as competition for the FB spot and for the power back and would try to push Tony Hunt.

DragonFireKai
04-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Trade 2 6ths for a 5th

1st- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon- Westbrooks eventual replacement and the #2 right away
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Would help cover the bigger WRs in the division like TO or Plaxico.
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt-Another big run stopper to stop Jacobs, Potis, and Barber
6th- Darnell Terrell CB/S Missouri- physically gifted guy, who has alot of potential.

Well, I've made clear my desire to draft a WR or Safety with our first rounder. However, there are a few prospects projected to go in the 10-15 range, who, if they fell to us, I'd be happy to have us take them. Number one on that list is Jonathon Stewart. I honestly belive, after watching his entire career from high school onwards, that he's the best running back in the draft.

I don't think Lito will be traded, especially for so little, as Joe Banner has come out and said that he has not given Sheppard permission to seek a trade. Unless a really absurd offer comes down the pipes. Certainly not for a second rounder.

And I doubt Doucet will be available in the third. I'd much rather spend the second rounder on James Hardy or Malcolm Kelly. Seeing as Sheppard can lock down recievers like TO, I'm more concerned with a speed corner who can handle fly runners. I'd prefer to take Jack Ike-I can't spell his name when I'm this drunk-u in the 5th. With Brown, Sheppard, and Samuel, We'd have some time to let him heal, and if he's decently healthy, he could push Toastolio off the field entirely.

I like the Geoff Schwartz pick, although not for the reasons most would think. I think that Schwartz has the size, strength, and internal rage to be an effective, albiet somewhat limited blocker in the NFL. That has Guard written all over it. Put him with Max, and it would allow for Andrews and Herrimans to go back to their natuaral position of tackle once Thomas and Runyan retire.

camp_eagles
04-16-2008, 06:30 AM
I wouldnt be against a RB in round one but i would much rather trade up or down than draft a RB. espically down since most of the guys were looking at are supposed to go in the second round.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2008, 06:53 AM
yo when you do trades do you take the point value into account or do you just do them.

Becuase 2 6th and a 7th will not get you into the 5th round, unless all three are high picks and even then it would be the bottom of the 5th round.

I don't check back for exact number in the trade value chart, but I have a good feel of how it is and how teams work it out in te draft. The two sixths are worth soemhere around the 15 pts range and the sixth from the Browns is worth about 5. And there are 5th round picks in the middle that are worht the mid 30s. Once again, they are usually close, but if it anything outlandinsh, tell me so I don't do that again. I know I could check the trade value chart, but I usually only do that when the first few rounds are involved to a team isn't getting screwed.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Trade Lito for an Early Second Rounder
Trade 2 6ths, for a 5th

1st- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh- He is a big OT who can run block. He is really physical. He played LT in college, and he is a projected LT in the pros. Heir apparent at LT.
2nd- Reggie Smith S Oklahoma- Smith is a physical safety, who can make the big hit and he helps in run support. He looks to be Brian Dawkins successor, but could start as a rookie.
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Lee is a big physical CB, who will help in Run support. He would take the nickel spot immediately if Lito was traded.
3rd- Ray Rice HB Rutgers- Rice is a tough running back who could give Westbrook some rest.
4th- Shawn Crable LB Michigan- Crable is a big strong linebacker, who can play Jim Johnson's joker LB role.
4th- Chevis Jackson CB LSU- Yet another big CB who will help in run support.
5th- Marcus Monk WR Arkansas- Monk is a big red zone threat, who is a physical WR. Would start as the slot guy right away for the Eagles.
5th- Owen Schmitt FB West Virginia- Would start at FB right away. He is a great lead blocker and is a really hard runner.
6th- Henry Smith DT Texas A&M- A really good run stopper from the DT spot and would probably come in on goal line situations. Really big and strong.
6th- Brandon Keith OT Northern Iowa- He is a mauler at the OT spot. Really strong, he is quick and has a ton of potential. He is really underrated.
7th- Bryan Mattison DE Iowa- Good Run stopper from the DE spot and the Eagles lack that. Would come in on goal line situations to help stop the run.

I like this mock a lot, though I think it is unrealistic, as Lee, Rice, Crable, and Jackson may all be long gone before these pciks, but I like it. I am a big fan of Crable, but don't think he will be here because he will warrant a pick that is too early for the eagles.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Trade 2 6ths for a 5th

This is actually one of my favorite ones of your most recent group of mocks. I too am a Stewart fan, and wold love him to be the pick if the Eagles chose to address the RB situation. Lee is in a spot where I think he will go, and is a good pick here. Doucet, Bryant and DeCoud are all great picks here in the thrd, though I think if we had three third rounders, we would package a few of the picks to move up in the second. I have always liked the Goff pick in the fourthm and all of the later round picks are nice IMO.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Trade Lito For Early second
trade 1st for 49ers 1st and 3rd
trade 2 6ths and 5th for 4th rounder

1st- Chris Johnson RB East Carolina-Another playmaker for McNabb to use. Westbrook can't play forever and he is around 30, and Johnson is the perfect replacement. Also he can provide the lightning to Tony Hunts thunder for years. Threat to score the ball every time he touches it.
2nd- Dustin Keller TE Purdue- The Eagles need a playmaker, so they bring in Keller who is versatile, can play WR, FB, HB, and TE. I think the Eagles would be wise to grab him and use him in a Dallas Clark type role. Smith's replacement.
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn- Lee is a big physical CB, who will help in Run support. He would take the nickel spot immediately if Lito was traded. Would help cover the bigger WRs in the division like TO or Plaxico.
3rd- Anthony Collins OT Kansas- Would be the heir apparent to William Thomas. He would be the future LT
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal- Dawk's replacement
4th- DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina St.- Could work his way into the DT rotation if he worked hard. Physically gifted player.
6th- Ben Moffitt LB South Florida- Would help out the LB rotation, with all the good runners in our division and, play special teams really well.
7th- Lex Hilliard FB/RB- would be brought in as competition for the FB spot and for the power back and would try to push Tony Hunt.

Bleck, ewww. Not a fan of those first two picks. I like Lee thomas and DeCoud. Pressley, Hillis and Goff, are all very good picks, but the last three are a waste, because as I see it, if we draft three LBs, only one will make the team. And if we draft two FBs, only one has even a shot at making the team. The middle of this draft is great, but I think if WR was addressed in the early rounds, it would be a much better draft.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Well, I've made clear my desire to draft a WR or Safety with our first rounder. However, there are a few prospects projected to go in the 10-15 range, who, if they fell to us, I'd be happy to have us take them. Number one on that list is Jonathon Stewart. I honestly belive, after watching his entire career from high school onwards, that he's the best running back in the draft.

I don't think Lito will be traded, especially for so little, as Joe Banner has come out and said that he has not given Sheppard permission to seek a trade. Unless a really absurd offer comes down the pipes. Certainly not for a second rounder.

And I doubt Doucet will be available in the third. I'd much rather spend the second rounder on James Hardy or Malcolm Kelly. Seeing as Sheppard can lock down recievers like TO, I'm more concerned with a speed corner who can handle fly runners. I'd prefer to take Jack Ike-I can't spell his name when I'm this drunk-u in the 5th. With Brown, Sheppard, and Samuel, We'd have some time to let him heal, and if he's decently healthy, he could push Toastolio off the field entirely.

I like the Geoff Schwartz pick, although not for the reasons most would think. I think that Schwartz has the size, strength, and internal rage to be an effective, albiet somewhat limited blocker in the NFL. That has Guard written all over it. Put him with Max, and it would allow for Andrews and Herrimans to go back to their natuaral position of tackle once Thomas and Runyan retire.

I agree with everything written in your first paragraph.

I think if some team is willing to offer up an early second, the Eagles may accept it.

Doucet may be avialable in the third, but I too would rather see the Ealge sgo with Hardy or Kelly in the second. I am also a fan of Jack Ike??????u. He would be a secon or third rounder if not for the injury, and I think we could pick him up in the fifth or sixth and he will be great for us.

I also like Schwartz, for the same reasons you say, though I think Andrews will be staying at RG, but Schwartz will battle MJG for LG when Herremans goes to RT, if indeed that owuld be the case.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2008, 07:17 AM
I wouldnt be against a RB in round one but i would much rather trade up or down than draft a RB. espically down since most of the guys were looking at are supposed to go in the second round.

I think a lot of the guys we may be after would have to be gone before we go RB, but it is a possibility in the early rounds, but If we don't get one early, I don't think we go for a RB at all.

eaglesfan_45
04-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Trade 2 6th for 5th
Trade Lito for early second

Move Brown to Safety

1st- Chris Williams OT Vanderbuildt- Future LT
2nd- Dan Conner LB Penn St.- LB problem on the Eagles is extremely underrated, there is little depth and the starters are young and unproven, Conner would replace GoCong as the starter, and help create a much better LB group.
2nd- Justin King CB Penn St.- Would start at nickel and KR
3rd- Early Doucet WR LSU- Would start at the Slot posistion
4th- Frank Okam DT Texas- Could work his way in the rotation
4th- Josh Barrett S Arizona St.- Big run stuffing safety
5th- Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas- Versatile FB perfect for our system
5th- Steve Slaton RB West Virginia- would fill in for Westbrook if he went down as the speed guy
6th- Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin- Injury drove his stock down, would be round 2-3 talent
6th- Zack Bowman CB Nebraska- Injury drove his stock down, would be 1st round talent
7th- Shannon Boatman OT Florida St.- Big Athletic OT

camp_eagles
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Trade 2 6th for 5th
Trade Lito for early second

Move Brown to Safety

1st- Chris Williams OT Vanderbuildt- Future LT
2nd- Dan Conner LB Penn St.- LB problem on the Eagles is extremely underrated, there is little depth and the starters are young and unproven, Conner would replace GoCong as the starter, and help create a much better LB group.
2nd- Justin King CB Penn St.- Would start at nickel and KR
3rd- Early Doucet WR LSU- Would start at the Slot posistion
4th- Frank Okam DT Texas- Could work his way in the rotation
4th- Josh Barrett S Arizona St.- Big run stuffing safety
5th- Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas- Versatile FB perfect for our system
5th- Steve Slaton RB West Virginia- would fill in for Westbrook if he went down as the speed guy
6th- Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin- Injury drove his stock down, would be round 2-3 talent
6th- Zack Bowman CB Nebraska- Injury drove his stock down, would be 1st round talent
7th- Shannon Boatman OT Florida St.- Big Athletic OT

if we trade Lito and move brown to saftey then who starts at the other corner?

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2008, 06:25 AM
^^^Looks like Justin King, and I am not a big fan of that^^^. Another problem with that draft is Dan Connor wouldn't be able to play SAM for us. He would be a great MIKE, no question about that, but I, along with many others, question his ability to play SAM. He might be able to play WILL, but if you ask me, Connor wold be best off if he stuck to MIKE.

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2008, 06:27 AM
One thing to mention, if the Eagles would move Sheldon to Safety, they would have done it a while ago. And I definitely don't see it if we trade Lito.

camp_eagles
04-17-2008, 01:17 PM
It wouldnt be king he is supposed to start at nickel.

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
It wouldnt be king he is supposed to start at nickel.

What are you referring to here?

eaglesfan_45
04-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Trade Lito Sheppard 4th and 5th to the Jets, for their 2nd and DeWayne Robertson.
Trade 2 6ths for 5th

Sign- Kevin Jones

1st- Devin Thomas WR
2nd- Sam Baker OT
2nd- DaJuan Morgan S North Carolina St.
3rd- Charles Godfrey CB Iowa
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt
5th- Geoff Schwartz OT/OG Oregon
6th- Kevin Robinson WR Utah St.
6th- Larry Grant LB Ohio St
7th- Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan St.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Trade Lito Sheppard 4th and 5th to the Jets, for their 2nd and DeWayne Robertson.
Trade 2 6ths for 5th

Sign- Kevin Jones

1st- Devin Thomas WR
2nd- Sam Baker OT
2nd- DaJuan Morgan S North Carolina St.
3rd- Charles Godfrey CB Iowa
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Vanderbuildt
5th- Geoff Schwartz OT/OG Oregon
6th- Kevin Robinson WR Utah St.
6th- Larry Grant LB Ohio St
7th- Jehuu Caulcrick FB Michigan St.

I personally would liek the trade for Robertson, but don't see it happening. Thomas is a good pick, Baker is also, Morgan is a soldi choice, Godfrey would probably we long gone, but I am intrigued about him as a possible safety, so that is nice. Goff is solid, As is Schwartz. Robinson would not bew a good choice, as Godfrey is also a retyrn man, but I like the though, we would probably go CB again, as there are two CB spots to fill if Lito is traded. Don't like Grant, as we really only have room for one more LB on this roster, and Caulcrick is a good, pick, but I personnally don't think highly of him. Overally this is a nice draft haul, but because of that, I see a very low percentage of it actually happening.

eaglesfan_45
04-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Trade Lito for an Early Second

1st- Devin Thomas WR/KR Michigan St.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/msu1.jpg

2nd- Sam Baker OT/OG/C USC
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/SamBakerLTSrUSC.jpg

2nd- Tracy Porter CB Indiana
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/untitled-8.jpg

3rd- Kendall Langford DE/DT Hampton
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/KendallLangfordHamptonU1.jpg

4th- Josh Barrett S Arizona St.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/72358623.jpg

4th- Frank Okam DT Texas
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/okam_frank_092105_300.jpg

5th- Justin Forsett HB/KR Cal
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/GYI0050968236111104_1024x768.jpg

6th- Jameel McClain LB/DE Syracuse
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/GYI0050746809092217_1024x768.jpg

6th- Kenneth Moore WR/RB/KR Wake Forest
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/26701333.jpg

6th- Bobbie Williams S Bethune- Cookman
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/BobbieWilliams1.jpg

6th- Quintin Demps S/CB UTEP
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/demps-1.jpg

7th- Curtis Gatewood LB/DE Vanderbuildt
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Eaglzfan45/GAtewood.jpg

brat316
04-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Kendell ehhh not a good pick for us. I think he should stick to the 3-4 DE. Barnett will be gone in the third, his workout numbers makes him a workout warrior and puts him in the third.
Love the Kenny Moore pick.

And still we are not going WR in the first. Put Kenny in there he is a reach but ehhh we need his toughness.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Certainly invested a lot of picks at safety in the most recent one Eagles 45. I like the first three picks, but that is about it.

eaglesfan_45
04-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Trade Lito and a 4th for jets 2nd and DeWayne Robertson

1st- Kenny Phillips S Miami- Would be Dawkins Replacement as the star safety on the Eagles. He would start almost immeadiately at SS. Also can play nickleback if needed.
2nd- Sam Baker OT/OG/C USC- The heir apparent at either RT or LT, he can also be a really good utility guy who plays wherever you ask him to.
2nd- Patrick Lee CB/S Auburn- Big physical CB who has immense potential, and could play FS if needed.
3rd- Lavelle Hawkins WR/KR Cal- Would start at the #3 spot right away and return kicks.
4th- Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas- Perfect fit for our West Coast offense.
5th- Justin Forsett HB/KR Cal- A guy who reminds me of Brian Westbrook alot, could be the 3rd down back if Westbrook went down and would return kicks.
6th- Jameel McClain LB/DE Syracuse- MLB who if asked could move over to DE, he would be a perfect fit for a hybrid 3-4 like we ran against the Pats.
6th- Kenneth Moore WR/RB/KR Wake Forest- a guy who plays WR and HB who would return kicks.
6th- Bobbie Williams S Bethune- Cookman- Would probobly be a third or fourth string special teams guy who has potential to be good.
6th- Corey Clark OT/OG Texas A&M- A lineman who would fill in at any spot you asked him to, good depth guy.
7th- Curtis Gatewood LB/DE Vanderbuildt- Another LB/DE who is a perfect fit for the Hybrid 3-4 we seem to be starting. Can really rush the passer.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
First four rounds are your best yet IMO, though Lee would be a steal with our second second rounder, albeit a small one. After the first four rounds it tails off. You invest too much in return men, as we will most likely only addres one player who has return ability, unless one of our top picks is also capable of doing so. I like Moore, but highly doubt we invest two picks one HBs, especially in the later orunds, no matter how good of a returner they are. I really liek Williams and Clark, but don't know if we invest two picks on safety this year. Another thing to add, I would prefer if we just go with a pure LB, because that seems to have worked the best with us. I know there are doubts about Gocong, but I think he will pull through. But the other LB spots are set, and set well I might add, with guys who are LBs, no hybrids in Gaither or Bradley.

Eagles own the NFC East
04-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I will make a mock later in the week, but I just hope we don't reach for a WR or take a CB 1st round even if we trade Lito. We have had bad history drafting WR's and we would be much better off acquiring a veteran if possible. I hope 1st round we go O-Line get someone to provide depth and start in the future behind Runyan or Thomas. If we don't get a WR in a Lito trade then I think we should then draft one atleast 1st day. Devin Thomas seems like the popular choice what do you guys think about him?

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2008, 06:39 AM
I will make a mock later in the week, but I just hope we don't reach for a WR or take a CB 1st round even if we trade Lito. We have had bad history drafting WR's and we would be much better off acquiring a veteran if possible. I hope 1st round we go O-Line get someone to provide depth and start in the future behind Runyan or Thomas. If we don't get a WR in a Lito trade then I think we should then draft one atleast 1st day. Devin Thomas seems like the popular choice what do you guys think about him?

I would be fine with a WR, and Thomas would be an acceptable pick in my book. I am in the same boat as yu though, I don't want to reach for a WR, and don't want a CB in the first, no matter what happens with Lito. The only other WR I would like in the first is Limas Sweed, who I actually like more than Thomas. If one of those two were the pick, I wold be fine with either. Bu tdepending upon who is available at OT or if Kenny Phillips is avaible, I would prefer Phillips. We have heard so much from the Eagles about OT, CB, WR, but have heard nothing about Safety, which is making me think we will lean towards that, as long as Phillips is available. There are plenty of OTs in this draft that will provide depth and also be great straters in the future. Baker, Brown, Nicks, and Collins are among many OTs that would be available in rounds 2-3 who would be great starters for the Eagles in the future if they pan out.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2008, 06:41 AM
I am doing one more final mock before the draft for the Eagles. Two actually, one dream draft (sort of) and one that is how I see the draft going and how the Eagles work with it. I will also do a two rounder for the whole NFL that will go up towards the end of the week.

eaglesfan605
04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Eagles Mock Without Trades
1(19) - Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
2(49) - DaJuan Morgan S North Carolina St.
3(80) - Dexter Jackson WR/KR Appalachian St.
4(115) - Orlando Scandrick CB Boise St.
4(131) - Ahtyba Rubin DT Iowa St.
5(152) - Jermichael Finley TE Texas
6(184) - Brandon Keith OT Northern Iowa
6(191) - Jerome Felton FB Furman
6(200) - Jameel McClain LB Syracuse
6(203) - Mike Dragosavich P North Dakota St.
7(230) - Ron Girault S Rutgers

Eagles Mock With One Trade
Eagles trade their 1st Round pick (#19) and Lito Sheppard to the Bills for their 1st Round pick (#11) and 3rd Round pick (#72).

1(11) - Branden Albert OT Virginia
2(49) - DaJuan Morgan S North Carolina St.
3(72) - Antwaun Molden CB Eastern Kentucky
3(80) - Dexter Jackson WR/KR Appalachian St.
4(115) - Ahtyba Rubin DT Iowa St.
4(131) - Kendall Langford DE Hampton
5(152) - Jermichael Finley TE Texas
6(184) - Brandon Keith OT Northern Iowa
6(191) - Jerome Felton FB Furman
6(200) - Jameel McClain LB Syracuse
6(203) - Mike Dragosavich P North Dakota St.
7(230) - Ron Girault S Rutgers

brat316
04-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Do you really see us taking Williams make some sense here come on.

Long, Clady and Williams are the three best tackles out there. They Clady will probably go top 10, and Williams will go top 13. Hell even if you throw Albert in there Williams will still not fall to 19. Any team ahead of us pretty much needs that dominant LT.

Card, Vikings, TEXANS, Bears, Panthers, Broncos.

eaglesfan605
04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Do you really see us taking Williams make some sense here come on.

Long, Clady and Williams are the three best tackles out there. They Clady will probably go top 10, and Williams will go top 13. Hell even if you throw Albert in there Williams will still not fall to 19. Any team ahead of us pretty much needs that dominant LT.

Card, Vikings, TEXANS, Bears, Panthers, Broncos.

So you wouldn't want to see the Eagles take Chris Williams? I'm just doing a mock draft which is only my opinion of what I think will or should happen. Also, it is why I included a trade, which would guarantee the Eagles a pick of one of the top offensive lineman. Jumping to pick 11 would have us picking ahead of all the teams that have a major need for an offensive tackle.

brat316
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
ohhh I thought you were trying to make an accurate one. I would be glad if the eagles to Williams. But again I thought you were making it realistic.

eaglesfan605
04-22-2008, 11:19 PM
ohhh I thought you were trying to make an accurate one. I would be glad if the eagles to Williams. But again I thought you were making it realistic.

I was making a realistic one. The only thing predictable about the draft is its unpredictability. Nobody knows what is going to happen until the draft actually starts. That's why they're called mock drafts.:)

eaglesfan_45
04-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Trade Lito & 1st for Buffalo's 1st and 3rd
Trade 2 6ths for 5th

1st- Ryan Clady OT Boise St.
2nd- Patrick Lee CB Auburn
3rd- Lavelle Hawkins WR Cal
3rd- Thomas DeCoud S Cal
4th- DeMario Pressley DT North Carolina St.
4th- Jack Williams CB Kent St.
5th- Justin Forsett HB Cal
5th- Steve Octavien LB Nebraska
6th- Corey Lynch S Appalachian St.
6th- J Leman LB Illinois
7th- Pedro Sosa OG Rutgers

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2008, 06:52 AM
I must say, I really like this one. All the needs are filled, all with great players, who are likely to go in the range you have them. The only person I really am not a fan of is Octavien, but I am actually OK with it. J Leman si a player who I could see as a major steal in the later rounds. He is slightly undersized, but has everything else yo look for, I am a big fan of his.

eaglesfan_45
04-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Trade Lito and First for Buffalo's 1st and 3rd

1st- Ryan Clady OT Boise St.- Future LT
2nd- Charles Godfrey CB Iowa- Could play CB or FS
3rd- Jordy Nelson WR Kansas St.- Slot Reciever right away
3rd- Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas- Eagles are rumored to really like him
4th- Tom Zbikowski S/KR Notre Dame- team leader who could start eventually
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Venderbuildt- Big MLB to help replace Trotter
5th- Justin Forsett RB/KR Cal- Westbrook 2.0
6th- Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin- Major steal here
6th- Maurice Murray DT New Mexico St.- depth who is really good athletically
6th- Hilee Taylor DE North Carolina- pass rushing specialist
6th- Pierre Garcon WR/KR Mount Union- KR right away
7th- Chester Adams OG Georgia- depth with potential

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Trade Lito and First for Buffalo's 1st and 3rd

1st- Ryan Clady OT Boise St.- Future LT
2nd- Charles Godfrey CB Iowa- Could play CB or FS
3rd- Jordy Nelson WR Kansas St.- Slot Reciever right away
3rd- Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas- Eagles are rumored to really like him
4th- Tom Zbikowski S/KR Notre Dame- team leader who could start eventually
4th- Jonathan Goff LB Venderbuildt- Big MLB to help replace Trotter
5th- Justin Forsett RB/KR Cal- Westbrook 2.0
6th- Maurice Murray DT New Mexico St.- depth who is really good athletically
6th- Hilee Taylor DE North Carolina- pass rushing specialist
6th- Pierre Garcon WR/KR Mount Union- KR right away
7th- Chester Adams OG Georgia- depth with potential

Clady, Godfrey, Nelson, Harrison, Zib are all graded as As if yo ask me. Nelson may be gone by the third, as almost all NFL teams really like him in the second. Harrison is also a borderline second rounder. I like Goff, but your expanation threw me off. Trotter has been gone for a year now, we already have Bradley at MLB. Forsett and Ike are good picks. I really like Ike, and he would go much earlier if it weren't for injuries. Murray, Taylor, Garcon, and Adams are all great pciks, though Murray may go in the fifth and Garcon could go much earlier, though he could also go in that range too. He is a weird prospect, could go anywhere from the fourth to the seventh. I love the players you have, but some are unrealistic, and I don't think the Eagles make 12 picks. We may go to 8 or 9, probably nine picks though.

eaglesfan_45
04-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Trade Lito and 4th to Bucs for thier 2nd, Jovan Haye, Michael Clayton
Trade 2 6ths for a 5th

1st- Kenny Phillips S Miami- Would be Dawkins Replacement as the star safety on the Eagles. He would start almost immeadiately at SS. Also can play nickleback if needed.
2nd- Philip Wheeler OLB Georgia Tech- Would add depth and get alot of playing time at the LB spot.
3rd- Anthony Collins OT Kansas- Would be the heir apparent to William Thomas. He would be the future LT.
4th- Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas- Perfect fit for our West Coast offense.
5th- Justin Forsett HB/KR Cal- A guy who reminds me of Brian Westbrook alot, could be the 3rd down back if Westbrook went down and would return
5th- Dorien Bryant WR Purdue- return kicks right away, also could be the 4th WR on long passing plays due to his speed and open-field ability
6th- Corey Clark OT/OG Texas A&M- A lineman who would fill in at any spot you asked him to, good depth guy.

brat316
04-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Ike won;t be left in the 6th he is gone in the fourth mark my words. After the chargers took a gamble on Cromarties kness, everyone else will want to do that.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Ike isn't anywhere near comparible to Cromartie. Ike was a third rounder before the injury, he could easily drop to the sixth. I don't think we could get that much from Lito and a fourth, but if we could, I'm all for it, though Clayton isn't exactly going to set the world on fire. I actually would like it more if he wasn't involved in the trade. Haye is nice though, I would like him. Even if we would get Clayton form the Bucs, WR would still need to be addressed early, as he doesn't provide an upgrade at the WR position. Phillips and Porter I like, but I don't see the Eagles going LB in the second. Here is where I could possibly see the Eagle sgoing WR. The rest is nice, and would be happy with that, but really think we will not make more than nine picks in the draft.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Here is my last ideal mock for the Eagles.
Trade Lito and our fifth to the Bucs for their second adn Haye.
1. Kenny Phillips. The Eagles tried desperately to move up, but were unable to find a team to work with, so they take Phillips.
2a. James Hardy. Big red zone threat at WR that the offense is lacking. May never be a star, but a Plaxico Burres type of WR.
2b. Charles Godfrey. Can play FS or CB. Will be the nickel, and if need be in the future, will team up with Phillips for a sick Safety duo
3. Duane Brown. One of the few LT prosects that may be avialable in the third round. I could see the Eagles taking him with a second round choice, so watch out for his name.
4. DeMario Pressley. Even though we got Haye in the trade, we still need to bolster DT depth, and Pressley would do just that.
4Comp. Jonathan Goff. Can play multiple LB spots for the Eagles, and would provide great depth.
Eagles trade their two sixths and a seventh for an early fifth in this years draft.
5. Peyton Hillis. Perfect scheme fit for the Eagles who would be a great FB for many, many years. Should probably go earlier, but this is my ideal mock, so I kept it as realistic as possible.
6Comp. Kennard Cox. A CB who has a lot of potential. Wold certainly be able to compete for a Nickle CB role. Not all that fast but has plenty of physicality to make up for it. Eagles are good at developing late round CBs.
6Comp. Pedro Sosa. An OG who has capabilities of playing RT is need be. Typical late round linemen that the Eagles like to take to bolster depath.

eaglesfan_45
04-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Ike isn't anywhere near comparible to Cromartie. Ike was a third rounder before the injury, he could easily drop to the sixth. I don't think we could get that much from Lito and a fourth, but if we could, I'm all for it, though Clayton isn't exactly going to set the world on fire. I actually would like it more if he wasn't involved in the trade. Haye is nice though, I would like him. Even if we would get Clayton form the Bucs, WR would still need to be addressed early, as he doesn't provide an upgrade at the WR position. Phillips and Porter I like, but I don't see the Eagles going LB in the second. Here is where I could possibly see the Eagle sgoing WR. The rest is nice, and would be happy with that, but really think we will not make more than nine picks in the draft.

If that much isn't included then it isn't a deal the Eagles want a 1st for Lito.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Well, Looks like the Eagles will be resigned to having the best trio of CBs in the league then. Oh well...;)

renegade
12-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Its getting to be that time again, anybody have a mock they would like to share?? :D

Looking at some of these old ones is kind of fun.