Matt Ryan
Vernon Gholston
Glenn Dorsey
D-Mac

thoughts?

neko4
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
No suprise really, aside from Gholston infront of Ellis

Who does everyone think will have to wait like Aaron Rodgers?

BaLLiN
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
yea, who'll be the last person out?

my pick is Matt Ryan

JagHombre22
04-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I think the farthest Matt Ryan falls is #8 to Baltimore...too many teams could use a QB

Bostonsportlova
Makes sense. Seems like the players i would invite.

brat316
Gholston if Dolphins pick Jack Long if they pick Chris then it will be Matt Ryan.

brat316
04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
12 post at 7:56 WOW new record

BeerBaron
04-09-2008, 06:59 PM
12 post at 7:56 WOW new record

that is impressive, wow

i think (hope) that this will be a year where all 6 go in the top 8 picks

Race for the Heisman
04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
If the Ravens somehow went for Gholston, (Jake Long, Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, Darren McFadden, Clady, Ellis, McKelvin just to postulate) assuming he got past New York and Oakland, then I could see Ryan sliding, at least to 13/14, and if Carolina/Chicago don't want him then it would be a little bit longer slide.

BeerBaron
04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
If the Ravens somehow went for Gholston, (Jake Long, Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, Darren McFadden, Clady, Ellis, McKelvin just to postulate) assuming he got past New York and Oakland, then I could see Ryan sliding, at least to 13/14, and if Carolina/Chicago don't want him then it would be a little bit longer slide.

i would hope the bears dont want him.......<shiver>

ninerfan
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Sitting at the draft just waiting is a deathwish that should be bestowed to your worst enemy

Vikes99ej
04-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm still waiting for a draft where someone invited has to wait until the second round to be drafted.

BeerBaron
04-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm still waiting for a draft where someone invited has to wait until the second round to be drafted.

not that i was around to see it, but something similar to that happened to thermon thomas i beileve. they set up a camera in his house and he just kept falling and falling....

only example i can think of though

Brent
04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
not that i was around to see it, but something similar to that happened to thermon thomas i beileve. they set up a camera in his house and he just kept falling and falling....

only example i can think of though
Trent Edwards has a camera in his house and he ended up waiting for the longest time.

I think Gholston will be the last to go.

BeerBaron
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Trent Edwards has a camera in his house and he ended up waiting for the longest time.

I think Gholston will be the last to go.

i dont think so. he goes, at latest, to the jets or pats at 6 or 7.

WMD
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM
I predict Matt Ryan will be the last in the green room.. For now, I say he goes to the Panthers at #13.

Thunder&Lightning
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
have they confirmed they are going or are these just the players invited????

regoob2
04-09-2008, 08:02 PM
i would hope the bears dont want him.......<shiver>I hope they do. :)

BeerBaron
04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I hope they do. :)

i think you just exist to counter all of my arguments against him, lol.

i just can't justify "settling" on him. QB is the one position you never "settle" on. this year its harder to see that but take for example a year with many good QBs.

lets say 4. you need a QB and there are 3 teams ahead of you in need of a QB. and lets say you really like 3 of the prospects, but hate the 1. and lets say you cant find a reasonable trade up to grab one of the 3 you like and they all go to the teams in front of you.

if you dont like the 4th guy, DONT SETTLE ON HIM!! that is a position where the guy can ruin your franchise not just for 1 year, but for 3 or 4 or 5 because you can't give up on him. don't take a guy just because he is the only one left when you pick so you "settle" for him.

if ryan drops to the bears, that would be a "settle" if ive ever seen it to take him. if they really really wanted him, theyd trade up to get him before other teams who need a QB have their shots. (ex. this year: baltimore, carolina)

if they dont do that, i means hes not part of their main plan, and that means taking him at 14 means theyre "settling" for him just because hes around and everyone else "says" hes good

you can "settle" for other positions because they wont kill your team over many years if you find out they suck pretty early on. sure your still due to give them a shot, but you can have them split time if theyre a RB, or move inside if theyre an OT, or rotate in/out if theyre on d-line, etc etc.

you get 1 QB and constantly switching him up just doesnt work. it messes with the chemistry of the entire team.

so no, i dont want the bears to go matt ryan.

WMD
04-09-2008, 10:40 PM
It'll be funny if the Bears do trade up on draft day.. Everybody will get their hopes up that it's for Matt Ryan, but it'll turn out to be a jump ahead of Carolina and Denver for Ryan Clady/Chris Williams.

BeerBaron
04-09-2008, 10:44 PM
It'll be funny if the Bears do trade up on draft day.. Everybody will get their hopes up that it's for Matt Ryan, but it'll turn out to be a jump ahead of Carolina and Denver for Ryan Clady/Chris Williams.

oh...god....i would have a ******* heart attack thinking they were trading for ryan only to be very, very, VERY relieved that it was for one of the tackles i truly like....

if they trade to 7 and ryans on the board....uh oh....

if they trade to 11 with buffalo, a team they have past history of draft day trades with, i would feel its more for clady/williams since itd be ahead of denver, even if ryan is there

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
wonder if any of them will pull a Joe Thomas and skip. Jake Long maybe? looks like he might be the fishing type...

LonghornsLegend
04-09-2008, 11:15 PM
wonder if any of them will pull a Joe Thomas and skip. Jake Long maybe? looks like he might be the fishing type...

He was out fishing, on a bake, on a lake somewhere, he looked like he wasnt even concerned with the draft, I knew he was going to be good for some reason, any O lineman that is out fishing the moment he is drafted HAS to end up great doesnt he?

Still wont get another classic slide like Quinn, it was awesome to watch his face when they announced Miami had took Ginn because you could tell he started to anticipate that was his turn then lol...And his girlfriend next to him looked like she was pissed because she wasnt going to be as rich as she assumed.

thebow305
04-09-2008, 11:51 PM
No suprise really, aside from Gholston infront of Ellis

Who does everyone think will have to wait like Aaron Rodgers?

Is this a joke? Gholston could possibly go #1, the earliest Ellis could hope for is #4.

thebow305
04-09-2008, 11:53 PM
BTW, Gholston HAS to be there... to hold up his #1 Miami Dolphins jersey! :)

RaiderNation
04-09-2008, 11:53 PM
i hope one slips. i loved watching rodgers and quinn sit there about to cry

holt_bruce81
04-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Branden Albert over Matt Ryan now?

I was just thinking about this when I 1st saw this list. Albert really seems to of solidified himself as a top 10 pick while it's possible Ryan slips.

BeerBaron
04-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Branden Albert over Matt Ryan now?

I was just thinking about this when I 1st saw this list. Albert really seems to of solidified himself as a top 10 pick while it's possible Ryan slips.

i still dont buy the albert thing. if a team wants him at OT, i think theyd take long, clady or williams before him. if they want him as a guard, well, guards dont get drafted that high. he will be a great player for somebody but to have him in the top 10, much less top 5, seems pretty insane to me. its possible he goes there but id have to question it.....the mocks where you see him go that high are usually just put out by guys who can say they had him as a highly ranked prospect in the event he does go fairly high *cough cough kiper cough*

i think they invited the correct players

Goatboy1717
04-10-2008, 01:57 AM
I think they invited the right players too. I think Ryan will be the last one drafted. I dont see him falling past Baltimore though. Ive seen stranger though so it wouldnt surprise me to see him fall but not as far as Rodgers or Quinn.

Abaddon
04-10-2008, 04:09 AM
I can't believe they're still able to find 6 guys to show up and risk getting Quinn'd.

eaglesalltheway
04-10-2008, 06:51 AM
This is th egroup I would have picked. Sometimes I think they invite players who have a likelihood of falling, as it adds to the "drama".

UKfan
04-10-2008, 06:57 AM
I think the last one picked could well be DMC, but I think that all will go in the top 10 regardless, no Quinn / Rodgers fall this year IMO.

Addict
04-10-2008, 07:28 AM
I think the last one picked could well be DMC, but I think that all will go in the top 10 regardless, no Quinn / Rodgers fall this year IMO.

Well you never know. Last year nobody expected another Aaron Rodgers until the Dolphins selected Ginn Jr.

UKfan
04-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah but there was 2 QB's that were pretty equal in many peoples eyes those years (Rodgers/Smith & Russell/Quinn), this year Ryan is the consensus number 1, so he don't see him dropping out, no way Dorsey or the Long's drop out of the top 10, so it's between Gholston and DMC as to who could drop out of these guys, and I just have a hunch DMC could go outside the top 10 if NYJ and OAK don't go for him.

Just my $0.02.

GermanSaint
04-10-2008, 08:09 AM
i would love to see ellis get invited and the sains pull the trigger on him....

BeerBaron
04-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah but there was 2 QB's that were pretty equal in many peoples eyes those years (Rodgers/Smith & Russell/Quinn), this year Ryan is the consensus number 1, so he don't see him dropping out, no way Dorsey or the Long's drop out of the top 10, so it's between Gholston and DMC as to who could drop out of these guys, and I just have a hunch DMC could go outside the top 10 if NYJ and OAK don't go for him.

Just my $0.02.

i can see the concern there with that but i dont think any of these players make it out of the top 8.

jake long will be gone in the top 5 to miami, atlanta, or KC
chris long will be gone in the top 2 to miami or st. louis
glenn dorsey will be gone in the top 5 to atlanta, oakland or KC
vernon gholston will be gone in the top 7 to st. louis, oakland, the jets, or NE
D-mac will be gone at oakland or the jets
ryan will be gone by the ravens at 8

so i see your sentiment that d-mac could fall the farthest just because theres the fewest teams in that top 8 mix that need/want him. but if he falls to say pick 11, i can see someone trading up for him there as it wont cost as much to jump into the top 10 for him. (dallas?) and he will certainly be picked by denver if he lasts that long

UKfan
04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Yeah that's basically what I was getting at. Thanks for summing it up haha.

GermanSaint
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
i wonder , if mcfadden falls to #10 , whether or not sean payton is drooling.

BeerBaron
04-10-2008, 11:43 AM
i wonder , if mcfadden falls to #10 , whether or not sean payton is drooling.

that would be a tough call....interesting to see anyway. i think theyre too similar of players.....lighting and lighting just wont cut it though.....

and even if they did and their offense put up 42 a game, their defense would allow 43 with no help

toonsterwu
04-10-2008, 11:55 AM
It's the right list of guys. I don't anticipate any of them falling.

As of now, my absolute latest thoughts (basically the worst case scenario that I can envision and a possible scenario for that to occur)

Chris Long - absolute latest is 7th (Miami goes with Jake or Matt, St. Louis jumps with say, Glenn, Atlanta goes with Jake or Matt, Oakland goes with Vernon or Darren, KC goes with an OT reach or Ellis, and the Jets go with Vernon or Darren). I think Belichick would jump on him if he's there. I don't see it, though, but even at 7th, that's a good invite.

Jake Long - absolute latest is 5th (in this scenario, Miami passes on Jake and goes with someone else, St. Louis goes for an edge guy, Atlanta follows up with Dorsey, Oakland goes with edge or McFadden), but honestly, he's not making it out of the top 2 imo.

Matt Ryan - as of now, i think absolute latest is 5th (Chris/Jake/Glenn/Darren or Vernon), but it'll come down to which team is picking him.

Vernon Gholston - absolute latest ... well this one's a bit wider than some may think. My guess is that his absolute latest is 8th (Miami goes Chris Long, St. Louis goes Jake Long, Oakland goes McFadden)... depending on the board.

Glenn Dorsey - absolute latest is probably 5th (Ryan and Jake are off the board as a result), provided no late breaking stories emerge.

D-Mac - absolute latest is probably 6th or 7th (Oakland passes), depending on board, although at that point, Dallas certainly becomes a factor, so the who is the debate.

aheineken
04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't see any of them having a really long wait. Matt Ryan could wait until the 8th pick if Atlanta and KC pass, and Gholston could wait until the 7th pick. The NFL made good choices this year. No one will get embarrassed.

MURPHMAN
04-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Quinn and Rogers came into the draft as the #2 QB on the board. Ryan is, far and away, the #1 so I doubt he tumbles very far. Denver could be looking to trade down so if Ryan is still on the board look for several teams to talk to the Broncos about trading up to get Ryan.