PDA

View Full Version : With the 27th Pick in the 2008 NFL Draft the Chargers Select...

Thunder&Lightning
04-10-2008, 03:25 PM
With two weeks left until the 2008 NFL Draft a lot has changed since our last poll on who everyone thinks the chargers should select...

These are the 4 prospects that seemed the most popular in the Mock Draft forum for the chargers pick...

***Cherilus won the last poll we had***

defensiveback23
04-10-2008, 05:42 PM
My head is literally spinning because of the uncertainty surrounding our pick. I'll stick to my guns and say if Phillips is on the board we take him over anybody.

BaLLiN
04-10-2008, 05:44 PM
I really think you guys should trade this pick and could possibly pick up either Phillips or Reggie Smith in the higher 2nd while picking up a late second or early third

defensiveback23
04-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I really think you guys should trade this pick and could possibly pick up either Phillips or Reggie Smith in the higher 2nd while picking up a late second or early third

We all know you just want us to trade down so th G-men can swoop in and take one of em' ;). But in all honesty a trade down is an extremely likely scenario. In my opinion the Chargers should trade down if they get a good deal, possibly with a team who wants a QB, unless Kenny Phillips is still on the board.

Thunder&Lightning
04-11-2008, 06:55 AM
We all know you just want us to trade down so th G-men can swoop in and take one of em' ;). But in all honesty a trade down is an extremely likely scenario. In my opinion the Chargers should trade down if they get a good deal, possibly with a team who wants a QB, unless Kenny Phillips is still on the board.

Ya I agree even though i voted for K.Phillips trading down could be the smartest move. Due to smith's poor performance at his combine if we get a high enough 2nd rounder he could still be available...

defensiveback23
04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Ya I agree even though i voted for K.Phillips trading down could be the smartest move. Due to smith's poor performance at his combine if we get a high enough 2nd rounder he could still be available...

I honestly don't think Smith's performance was bad enough for the team to knock him out of first round consideration. His 40 isn't blowing anybody away, but it is still a ridiculously overrated test. His field speed is above average for a safety in the league and his other workout numbers were also fantastic. He is also still coming off a toe injury and anytime there is something wrong with a foot it can take a while to get back from. Keep in mind the team has stated that they let the tape do the talking a lot more than they look into workouts. The only concern about Smith is his toe since it can take a long time to fully recover from. If it checked out alright during medical tests then I can see the team spending a first on him. He actually kind of feels like an AJ type of pick because he'll be a player that falls largely due to injury, like McNeill, Cro, Waters and Castillo, right to the Chargers with everybody saying "reach".

Thunder&Lightning
04-12-2008, 08:49 AM
This is my big board out of the prospects on the poll...

1. phillips
2. cherilus
3. smith
4. balmer

UncleHulka
04-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I doubt if Cherilus will still be there at 27. For the hell of it, I made my own first round mock, and one thing that stood out to me was the glaring need for offensive linemen for so many teams. I see Pitt taking Cherilus and maybe SD reaching with Baker. Assuming they stand pat and don't trade down, that is. Personally, I still hope they go DB as I don't think much of Clinton Hart, despite the contract extension (the size of which baffles me). But it really depends on what the Chargers brass think of Oliver.

Oh, and the NFL Network crew really dogged Kenny Phillips this morning. Didn't see him as a first rounder because of his lack of physical play. Interesting that Brandon Flowers is probably a bigger hitter than most of the safeties in this draft.

Thunder&Lightning
04-15-2008, 08:02 PM
bumpin this up

Gay Ork Wang
04-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Seems like they are interested in J.Stewart and Felix the Cat.

source: www.nfl.com /videos around the web

http://www.sdboltreport.com/

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-20-2008, 12:50 AM
This is tough, but Phillips seems like the pick to me.