PDA

View Full Version : ESPN redoes the 05 draft

luee
04-10-2008, 05:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3329724

Giants with no first rounder wind up with two in Jacobs 4 and Tuck 3.

Young Legend
04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Raiders re-draft Morrison

JagHombre22
04-10-2008, 05:15 PM
wasn't this already posted?

Thunder&Lightning
04-10-2008, 05:17 PM
yep...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20796

BamaFalcon59
04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
11. Dallas Cowboys -- DE Justin Tuck, Notre Dame
'05 team needs: OT, DE, OLB, FS, CB, WR, G, RB, QB
Actual selection: LB DeMarcus Ware, Troy
Even with Ware off the re-draft board, we know Parcells still would have gone with a defensive pick. Tuck would play defensive end in the Cowboys' 3-4 scheme and rush the passer as a defensive tackle on passing downs.

That makes so sense to me. Not sure Tuck fits the 3-4, and even if he did lining him up as a nose tackle would be dumb. I also doubt he could be an every down defensive end in the 3-4.

BamaFalcon59
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
12. San Diego Chargers -- LB Michael Boley, Southern Miss.
'05 team needs: OLB, WR, FS, OT, NT, DE, ILB, G
Actual selection: LB Shawne Merriman, Maryland
With Merriman and Ware off the board, San Diego would still take an outside linebacker. We think the Chargers would select Boley at No. 12, even though in reality he didn't get drafted until well into the fifth round. Boley is not a pure 3-4 outside linebacker, but he is a great athlete with speed and would have been a great pick for the Chargers.

14. Carolina Panthers -- WR Roddy White, UAB
'05 team needs: ROT, WR, RB, DT, TE, FS, OLB, RG, CB
Actual selection: S Thomas Davis, Georgia
White struggled early in his career, but last year he finally showed signs of living up to his first-round status. Davis has been good but not great, and White would have given them that player they needed to take some pressure off WR Steve Smith.

Representing.

DragonFireKai
04-10-2008, 06:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3329724

Giants with no first rounder wind up with two in Jacobs 4 and Tuck 3.

Jacobs shouldn't have made it. The idea that the Eagles would take Jacobs over Patterson is absurd.

Turtlepower
04-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Jacobs shouldn't have made it. The idea that the Eagles would take Jacobs over Patterson is absurd.

I'm a Giants fan and I completely agree with that. Jacobs is not a first-rounder by any stretch of the word and Patterson is still good for the team. I think that they just refused to keep the same picks for the draft because they wanted to be different.

LonghornsLegend
04-10-2008, 07:18 PM
11. Dallas Cowboys -- DE Justin Tuck, Notre Dame
'05 team needs: OT, DE, OLB, FS, CB, WR, G, RB, QB
Actual selection: LB DeMarcus Ware, Troy
Even with Ware off the re-draft board, we know Parcells still would have gone with a defensive pick. Tuck would play defensive end in the Cowboys' 3-4 scheme and rush the passer as a defensive tackle on passing downs.

That makes so sense to me. Not sure Tuck fits the 3-4, and even if he did lining him up as a nose tackle would be dumb. I also doubt he could be an every down defensive end in the 3-4.

He would have the same role as Chris Canty in our system and would be pretty beastly at it, in nickel packages he would be lined up as the ideal DE in those situations and we could also slide him inside in passing downs if need be...It be a great fit.

eaglesalltheway
04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm a Giants fan and I completely agree with that. Jacobs is not a first-rounder by any stretch of the word and Patterson is still good for the team. I think that they just refused to keep the same picks for the draft because they wanted to be different.

I think you're right, Patterson is great, but didn't want something already seen. Don't get me wrong, Jacobs is not the first RB in the NFL I would pick to tackle, but he just doesn't validate a first round pick.

Don Vito
04-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Out of ND Tuck was looked at as a 3-4 OLB if I remember correctly, I don't think he would be a great fit as a 3-4 end.

I also have a hard time believing Nick Kaczur would be taken in the first, the second is a possibility.

BamaFalcon59
04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Out of ND Tuck was looked at as a 3-4 OLB if I remember correctly, I don't think he would be a great fit as a 3-4 end.

I also have a hard time believing Nick Kaczur would be taken in the first, the second is a possibility.

The Falcons taking him is a bit more believable. I mean, they are the Falcons.

DJC
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
How is Kerry Rhodes so low? He's one of the best safetys in the league, yet he's one pick ahead of a tight end in Heath Miller? Marion Barber and Barrett Rudd seem kind of low too. I wouldn't be mad at Tampa getting Gore from Da U, even though I love Caddy.

thebow305
04-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I love Ware, but if I could go back I would do it the same. Ronnie is a beast and will be a top 5 back following this season. he just needs to stay healthy. If that is not the case and he gets injured again, then I would take Ware here, and take McFadden this year. That would be a nice scenario as well.

DragonFireKai
04-11-2008, 01:00 AM
I love Ware, but if I could go back I would do it the same. Ronnie is a beast and will be a top 5 back following this season. he just needs to stay healthy. If that is not the case and he gets injured again, then I would take Ware here, and take McFadden this year. That would be a nice scenario as well.

Actually, Brown more than likely won't break 1,000 yards in 08, and will never be any where near as explosive as he was last season pre injury. An ACL tear on a large running back turns them into a battering ram. Look at Edgerrin James, Edge in Arizona is about what you can expect.

Mr. Stiller
04-11-2008, 01:02 AM

The Steelers REALLY REALLY wanted Justin Tuck that year but he absolutely refused to play OLB.

ammandss
04-11-2008, 02:58 PM
How is Kerry Rhodes so low? He's one of the best safetys in the league, yet he's one pick ahead of a tight end in Heath Miller? Marion Barber and Barrett Rudd seem kind of low too. I wouldn't be mad at Tampa getting Gore from Da U, even though I love Caddy.

It also takes in to consideration team needs too. Also Heath Miller is a very good tight end. And just for the sake of it Heath Miller is a better tight end than Kerry Rhodes is a safety (even though that's an odd comparison to make - the whole apples and oranges thing). Then again it could be just because he's my favorite NFL player.

d34ng3l021
04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
This same list in the NFL section.