PDA

View Full Version : Matt Forte

Who Dat Nation
04-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I was a bit surprised not to see his name in Scott's latest mock?

What round is he projected to go? maybe I have had him overated but I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked by Detroit or Chicago in round 2?

The Legend
04-11-2008, 08:31 PM
think it cause other RB stocks are rising

DragonFireKai
04-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, The Lions took Ray Rice, and the Bears are going to start frantically grabbing QBs to see if one sticks pretty soon. So it's not out of the question.

regoob2
04-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Well, The Lions took Ray Rice, and the Bears are going to start frantically grabbing QBs to see if one sticks pretty soon. So it's not out of the question.why are the bears gonna do that?

lordquas
04-11-2008, 09:49 PM
i'd place forte ahead of ray rice. he can help doing everything and will be more nfl ready than rice

etk
04-12-2008, 12:15 AM
think it cause other RB stocks are rising

Why wouldn't Forte's stock be rising too? He's big, has great feet, receiving ability and he shut down the haters with (I believe) a 4.46 40 at the Combine. He has all the skills and production of a top prospect imo.

Mr. Stiller
04-12-2008, 12:15 AM
I honestly think he's way overrated.

etk
04-12-2008, 12:18 AM
I honestly think he's way overrated.

I'd love to hear why....actually I'm interested because I see nothing but good things from him as a player.

Mr. Stiller
04-12-2008, 12:22 AM
I'd love to hear why....actually I'm interested because I see nothing but good things from him as a player.

I don't know. I really honestly can't explain it. I have the Senior bowl on my PC and watch it every 3-4 days. Focusing on a different player.

I just wasn't impressed with Forte.

I don't think he's on the level of guys that he's being ranked with. I would put him in round 3, and take guys like Ray Rice, Kevin Smith etc ahead of him. Some people are saying he's on par with Stewart and I just feel he's getting a Matt Ryan hype.

AtariBigby
04-12-2008, 07:25 AM
I think Matt Forte is a total clone of Ryan Grant of the Packers. Sure, Ryan Grant had a great combine as well, and had good size. Yet the genius scouts and GMs made him not drafted.

Now he showed last year that they were wrong....... I'd love to see the Packers add some depth with the Grant-clone with a 3rd round pick of Forte.

There's no doubt he has the skillz to be a good NFL RB.

BamaFalcon59
04-12-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't know. I really honestly can't explain it. I have the Senior bowl on my PC and watch it every 3-4 days. Focusing on a different player.

I just wasn't impressed with Forte.

I don't think he's on the level of guys that he's being ranked with. I would put him in round 3, and take guys like Ray Rice, Kevin Smith etc ahead of him. Some people are saying he's on par with Stewart and I just feel he's getting a Matt Ryan hype.

So you are judging him off of one game, in a limited offense with limited touches, and not on his actual season where he put up over 2,000 yards. He can also catch and block. Not to mention a nice offseason showing 4.45 speed and good size.

That said, I could see him fall to round three.