PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin vs. Rodgers-Cromartie

lordquas
04-11-2008, 10:11 PM
I dont know if this was started before..but who gets the higher grade out of the 2 ? Rodgers-Cromartie has more of the ability to make plays but mckelvin seems more complete.

im stuck on who i want in baltimore

MetSox17
04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
none. they both suck. pass on them both and let the cowboys take that risk.

we'll let you know how it works out.

A Perfect Score
04-11-2008, 10:19 PM
i personally want mike jenkins or brandon flowers in baltimore...but seeing as neither of them are feasible at this point, unless we draft ryan in the first, it wont happen. Im not sold on mcklevin or DRC, i dont know why, maybe its becase of the competition level differance, that said, it isnt like players havent made that jump before...i dunno, if i had to choose one of teh two, it would be mcklevin

SKim172
04-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Between DRC and McKelvin, I'd take the latter, because I like what I see in his tape more than DRC's physical abilities. It's not a decision I'd enjoy making and I'm rather hoping the Ravens will trade down in the first round.

But this year's CB class is like Russian roulette. You know almost nothing - just that there's bullets in the revolver and you don't know how many and you don't know which chamber holds them. "Bullets" being busts and "chambers" being prospects. The "revolver" is the draft... I guess.

So yeah, my point is, you've got a lot of unproven quantities in this CB class. It runs deep, but all the top prospects have big questions about their game. DRC and McKelvin are small-school prospects. Jenkins, Cason, Talib, Flowers, Lee, Porter, King, etc, all have big demerits on their scouting reports. There's gotta be at least one bust in that group somewhere. Probably more.

LonghornsLegend
04-11-2008, 10:49 PM
McKelvin seems like he has lock down ability, he's lightning fast in and out of breaks and can break on the ball with great speed...DRC is going to be like a highlight reel alot like Antonio Cromartie, but McKelvin seems like at some point he will be able to lock down one side of the field, thats very important in terms of what it lets your defense be able to do...

With that being said, I dont think you can go wrong with either guy, both are going to be great corners.

BamaFalcon59
04-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I'll take McLovin.

A Perfect Score
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
I'll take McLovin.

oh you do not wanna get me started on superbad quotes...such a great movie hahaha

do you know how many foods are shaped like *****? all the best ones!

Yung Flippa
04-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I think that McKelvin would be a safer pick, but if it was based on potential then DRC automatically gets the nod. Personally, I'd love to have either, but not at the #8 pick, somewhere in the teens.

JagHombre22
04-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I actually think Mike Jenkins would be the best pick out of the top tier CB's...he's more complete....DRC has the most upside but he's incredibly raw and McKelvin never really faced top competition and sortof came out of nowhere...

LonghornsLegend
04-11-2008, 11:56 PM
I actually think Mike Jenkins would be the best pick out of the top tier CB's...he's more complete....DRC has the most upside but he's incredibly raw and McKelvin never really faced top competition and sortof came out of nowhere...

I was just about to post about him in this thread, in terms of star potential he is right up there with the other two, although he has a high bust rate as well...So he might scare some teams off, but he could easily turn into a stud at CB, has all the physical tools you look for...

JagHombre22
04-11-2008, 11:59 PM
I was just about to post about him in this thread, in terms of star potential he is right up there with the other two, although he has a high bust rate as well...So he might scare some teams off, but he could easily turn into a stud at CB, has all the physical tools you look for...

yea, and he could take a tumble in the first round on draft day...I hope he would at least make it to the 20's...might make others fall as well.

etk
04-12-2008, 12:22 AM
DRC is too much of a risk to go in the top 10. His Tennessee State tape is unimpressive from what I hear but he's an athletic marvel that impressed at the Senior Bowl, hence why he has risen so much in hype. McKelvin has proven himself as a shutdown guy with a high floor (coverage) and a high ceiling (becoming a playmaker).

CC.SD
04-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm obviously a big Cromartie supporter, but I think you truly have to be outstanding to be a top ten pick from frickin Tenn. St. McKelvin's the better prospect.

This is in no way related to my burning desire to draft DRC.

A Perfect Score
04-12-2008, 01:30 PM
DRC is too much of a risk to go in the top 10. His Tennessee State tape is unimpressive from what I hear but he's an athletic marvel that impressed at the Senior Bowl, hence why he has risen so much in hype. McKelvin has proven himself as a shutdown guy with a high floor (coverage) and a high ceiling (becoming a playmaker).

i agree with this fully...although i think mike jenkins will be a better CB then both of them. as will brandon flowers

lordquas
04-12-2008, 01:34 PM
A Perfect Score, whos booty is that in the yellow bikini?..

id smash that

A Perfect Score
04-12-2008, 01:36 PM
A Perfect Score, whos booty is that in the yellow bikini?..

id smash that

its jessica alba man...one of the hottest women around. its in my sig

toonsterwu
04-12-2008, 01:37 PM
The higher grade should be McKelvin. Both are a bit overrated, but I like Leodis in man coverage a bit better at the next level, and he can help out in the return game. He's just a bit more complete than DRC, who, in my opinion, has always been more athlete than football player so far, but his athletic ability was far better at his level than the others.

keylime_5
04-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Mike Jenkins might be the 1st or 2nd CB taken depending on what New England, New Orleans, and Buffalo want to do. I like DRC the most, but McKelvin is probably the #1 corner on most teams draft baords. I know Baltimore likes him a lot, he's a good fit in their defense.

Rjspartan
04-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I would take mckelvin

LonghornsLegend
04-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Alot of teams are hot and cold on Jenkins, he could be the one to slide, as I could see Talib go to the Pats at #7 and screw up the whole order, if Buffalo goes WR and Arizona goes RB, one of the top 3 will go into the 20's...All 3 guys are going to be good, im probably the highest on Jenkins because he seems to have a little bit of McKelvin and DRC in him as well as height McKelvin doesnt have, and size DRC doesnt have...Im hoping he can make it to 22.

Staubach12
04-12-2008, 02:43 PM
They're both great. DRC is a playmaker and McKelvin is a cover guy. It's really a coin flip for me.

Yatta!
04-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I'd rather have DRC, his ceiling is huge. He could develop into an absolute beast at the next level, McKelvin just doesn't have that star potential.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-12-2008, 02:59 PM
The higher grade should be McKelvin. Both are a bit overrated, but I like Leodis in man coverage a bit better at the next level, and he can help out in the return game. He's just a bit more complete than DRC, who, in my opinion, has always been more athlete than football player so far, but his athletic ability was far better at his level than the others.

There really isn't a whole lot more I could add to this. I think McKelvin has demonstrated better coverage skills, and it's a bit tantalizing to think of the kind of corner he could be if he works on catching the ball better, because he breaks on the ball pretty well.

Rodgers-Cromartie has a great build for cornerback and is obviously a top athlete, but I am inclined to think that his adjustment to the NFL will be a bit of a rude awakening.

TheBuffaloBills
04-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I think DRC and McKelvin will both be busts or they could both be the top 5 best corners in the league at some time just like this article talks about in the end

http://www.draft.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=218

swollja
04-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I'd rather have DRC, his ceiling is huge. He could develop into an absolute beast at the next level, McKelvin just doesn't have that star potential.
mckelvin without a doubt has star "potential"

but i agree not as much as drc