04-11-2008, 11:55 PM
6th brown in 4 yrs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3341171

JagHombre22
04-11-2008, 11:57 PM
wow...those are hard to get over...hope he gets well soon

A Perfect Score
04-12-2008, 12:00 AM
thats unbelievable though...6 browns in 4 years...is it something in the water over there or wat?

JT Jag
04-12-2008, 12:35 AM
They really really need to change their sponsored hospital.

I mean, really... "Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Cleveland! The place the Browns depend on when THEY need to rehab!" It can only be hurting their reputation.

Shahin
04-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Damn, **** the cleveland clinic. Place is bad news.

niel89
04-12-2008, 04:31 AM
damn. they really need to get that stuff under control.

DragonFireKai
04-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Well, it sounds like this is a case of a standard Staph infection, and not MRSA, so Joe should be fine.

Thunder&Lightning
04-12-2008, 08:36 AM
ya that **** is some scary stuff. Kid had it on my team once they evacuated the locker room immediately and had a special infection team come in and disinfect the locker room. Kid was real lucky that he found it early. Staph shouldnt be taken lightly...

PoopSandwich
04-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Staph shouldnt be taken lightly...

It almost ended Winslow's career along with the motorcycle wreck (Winslow said the staph was really really bad with the injuries) and I'm pretty sure it destroyed Bentley along with the tendon tear.

M.O.T.H.
04-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I was lucky I never got it...I'd say about 15 kids on my football team a few years ago caught staph infection. One of my best friends had the worse case of it, going in for multiple surgeries to get rid of it. Crazy.

DragonFireKai
04-12-2008, 01:14 PM
It almost ended Winslow's career along with the motorcycle wreck (Winslow said the staph was really really bad with the injuries) and I'm pretty sure it destroyed Bentley along with the tendon tear.

Both Winslow and Bentley had MRSA, which is a whole different monster. This doesn't sound like anything beyond a normal staph infection. It's still a problem, but it's not going to be fatal.

CC.SD
04-12-2008, 02:09 PM
How the hell do these guys keep getting free agents?

AkiliSmith
04-12-2008, 03:11 PM
How the hell do these guys keep getting free agents?

It's all about the benjamins

skinzzfan25
04-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah there was a pretty big outbreak in my school, they almost had to close it down for about a week to just clean it out.

Staph is no joke, they're are even lethal strands that antibodies can't do anything to.

neko4
04-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah there was a pretty big outbreak in my school, they almost had to close it down for about a week to just clean it out.

Staph is no joke, they're are even lethal strands that antibodies can't do anything to.
same for my area
Apparently the outbreak started in Alexandria and spread through the area

TitanHope
04-12-2008, 03:35 PM
All he needs is 6-8 weeks of antibiotics and he should be fine. Just, um, maybe go to a private sector to get treatment...

skinzzfan25
04-12-2008, 03:49 PM
same for my area
Apparently the outbreak started in Alexandria and spread through the area

Yeah it went all through the DC/MD/VA area pretty bad.

I know this one dude that got it on his face some how....

BlindSite
04-12-2008, 06:34 PM
thats unbelievable though...6 browns in 4 years...is it something in the water over there or wat?

Yeah, its pretty easy apparently all it takes it like an open pimple and some mud.

Nitschke-Hawk
04-12-2008, 07:53 PM
At what point do the Browns consider a lawsuit? I mean this is kinda ridiculous.

BlindSite
04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Never? It can happen easily. A guy at work got one who is pedantic about hygiene there's no one really to blame for this stuff.

JT Jag
04-12-2008, 08:23 PM
How many staph infections have resulted from trips to Dr. James Andrews?

I can't think of one.

DragonFireKai
04-12-2008, 10:34 PM
At what point do the Browns consider a lawsuit? I mean this is kinda ridiculous.

Staph infections after invasive joint surgery is a fairly common occurance. It's just a matter of how severe. A lot of cases are so minor that they get stomped out before it's even worth noting in the media.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
BlindSite and DFK are right. I contracted a staph infection after having multiple surgeries, despite being careful with my wound site. You don't wash your hands, you itch, and bacteria is transferred. It's not the hospital's fault, unless there was something wrong with the surgery and the scar was somehow more prone to being infected by staph. If the hospital was causing people to catch staph, the place would have been shut down long ago. These things just happen, and can occur whether the person tries to maintain perfect hygiene or not.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
BlindSite and DFK are right. I contracted a staph infection after having multiple surgeries, despite being careful with my wound site. You don't wash your hands, you itch, and bacteria is transferred. It's not the hospital's fault, unless there was something wrong with the surgery and the scar was somehow more prone to being infected by staph. If the hospital was causing people to catch staph, the place would have been shut down long ago. These things just happen, and can occur whether the person tries to maintain perfect hygiene or not.

So then is the primary theory that it's not the Browns medical staff, and instead that the Browns players are just dumb?

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Could be a mix of both. If the Browns staff is being lazy with wound care, then the staff has fault. If the Browns players are more-so in the mode of "Staph will never happen to me" and don't think about taking care of their hygiene, then it's the player's fault.

But like BlindSite said, there's really no one to blame because there are too many factors to consider in order to place blame. The player needs to just simply learn his lesson, and in the future take the proper precautions to prevent contracting Staph or any other infection in the future. Though, I don't think there is a way to guarantee that a patient won't contract Staph...you can only decrease the chances.

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
People need to realize that the human body is very diry and full of bacteria, germs, whatever. I'm sure that blame can be shared by the hospital,(for not noticing it sooner) the players,(for not properly taking care of their body) and the composition of human(becuase we really are filthy creatures, no matter how OCD some people may be about cleanliness).

DragonFireKai
04-14-2008, 03:03 PM
So then is the primary theory that it's not the Browns medical staff, and instead that the Browns players are just dumb?

It depends. For Winslow and Bentley, they had MRSA. There's nothing you can do about that. You can contract it through basic skin contact. With even a meticulously kept surgical wound, you might as well inject it directly into your bloodstream. And there's no treatment for it that won't kill a person faster than it kills the MRSA. As for the others, it's a matter of luck and cleanliness.

Brsch57
04-14-2008, 05:46 PM
damn that is crazy