PDA

View Full Version : Pac-Man To Apply For Reinstatement Tues

kwilk103
04-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Pacman to apply for reinstatement Tuesday, agent says
IRVING — Suspended Tennessee Titans defensive back Adam “Pacman” Jones has yet to apply for reinstatement to the NFL, but it’s coming soon.

His agent, Manny Arora, said Friday afternoon that Jones will apply for reinstatement to the league Tuesday.

Arora remains confident that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will reinstate Jones before the start of training camps, which begin in late July.

While disappointed that a deal between the Titans and the Dallas Cowboys was not completed last week at the NFL owners’ meeting, Arora believes that a trade would have to be completed soon.

“Just from a logical perspective, I remain optimistic that next week will be the week,” Arora said. “That’s the last week before the draft, and most teams are going to want to be set.”

He said he has had some correspondence about contractual issues between the Titans and Jones, but that moving forward on anything else is almost moot until a trade is actually close, or complete.

“We are Step 2 in the process,” he said. “Step 1 is they have to get the trade set up. … We are not going to be the sticking point. Now, we aren’t going to be taken advantage of, but we aren’t going to hold anything up.”

Arora said he expects that whatever contract he sets up will probably either be for a low-salary or a potentially league-minimum deal loaded with incentives. He estimates that any contract will probably be for one or two years so that Jones can build a record of good behavior.

“The risk is minimal because he knows this is his last shot,” Arora said. “You have a motivated player, and a team paying rock-bottom prices. Whether [the Titans get] a fourth or a fifth-round pick, what’s the difference? So the risk factor, to me, is negligible.”

Mac Engel, 817-390-7760

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-12-2008, 12:42 AM
A bit off topic but has Roger Goddell reinstated Odell Thurman yet? If he has not how can Thurman not be reinstated before Pacman?

LonghornsLegend
04-12-2008, 01:10 AM
I think Thurman is good to go...

I also think Pacman is coming to Dallas, it will be announced within a week or so...Both sides want to make it happen, I just hope it works out, and for the record I still want a corner in round 1 because im certainly not relying on him.

Flyboy
04-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Never change Pacman. Never change.

Brent
04-12-2008, 08:16 AM

I also think Pacman is coming to Dallas, it will be announced within a week or so...Both sides want to make it happen, I just hope it works out, and for the record I still want a corner in round 1 because im certainly not relying on him.
Well the article is being reported from Irving...

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-12-2008, 08:20 AM
he's runnin out of money for the rippers, the man's 'gotta get paid'

i'll give him Week 13 at most before he's gone again

JT Jag
04-12-2008, 10:36 AM
The moment he gets reinstated, the news will break that he's starring in the sequal to Stop Snitching.

MetSox17
04-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Put him in already, he's gonna lead us to the promised land!

Edit - by promised land i did in fact mean the best Dallas/FTW area strip joints.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I did hear in a recent interview that he would not rule out going to strip clubs. Some guys just. Don't. Get it.

XxXdragonXxX
04-13-2008, 07:15 PM
$10 says he goes out to celebrate his reinstatement and gets arrested.

Flyboy
04-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I did hear in a recent interview that he would not rule out going to strip clubs. Some guys just. Don't. Get it.

LOL, yes! That's f'n awesome. Keep makin' it rain, fella.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 07:27 PM
PacMan has gone on record many times - as in saying on camera, tape, etc. on more than one occasion - that it ain't no crime to go to strip clubs and that he'll still do it since it's his right.
Thats kinda like walking up to a guy who's much bigger than you are and calling his girlfriend whatever slur you can think of, and being confused when the dude knocks you in your jaw. Yeah, you have the right to express your opinion, but don't be surprised or play victim when you receive the consequences of your actions.

Anyway...

Cowboys considerably closer to deal for Pacman Jones - Per Adam Schefter (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d807bd65f&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Also, take note that it was Schefter who was the one watching the trade negotiations and declared that a trade was imminent...two weeks ago.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
PacMan has gone on record many times - as in saying on camera, tape, etc. on more than one occasion - that it ain't no crime to go to strip clubs and that he'll still do it since it's his right.
Thats kinda like walking up to a guy who's much bigger than you are and calling his girlfriend whatever slur you can think of, and being confused when the dude knocks you in your jaw. Yeah, you have the right to express your opinion, but don't be surprised or play victim when you receive the consequences of your actions.

Anyway...

Cowboys considerably closer to deal for Pacman Jones - Per Adam Schefter (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d807bd65f&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Also, take note that it was Schefter who was the one watching the trade negotiations and declared that a trade was imminent...two weeks ago.

Schefter: If I throw enough crap out there, I'll get to brag about the one spec that ended up in the toilet.

PalmerToCJ
04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
A bit off topic but has Roger Goddell reinstated Odell Thurman yet? If he has not how can Thurman not be reinstated before Pacman?

Godell said something to the effect of, "Thurman is on track to be reinstated". Basically a yes.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Godell said something to the effect of, "Thurman is on track to be reinstated". Basically a yes.

If Thurman got two years and Pac Man serves one, that's messed up.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
We all know Odell Thurman got royally screwed, but I think one year is adequate punishment for PacMan. Before Goodell, one-year suspensions for behavior was unheard of. Both players have served their time. Let 'em both back in and hope for the best.

Thunder&Lightning
04-13-2008, 08:59 PM
We all know Odell Thurman got royally screwed, but I think one year is adequate punishment for PacMan. Before Goodell, one-year suspensions for behavior was unheard of. Both players have served their time. Let 'em both back in and hope for the best.

Ya i agree i dont think they have any chris henry characteristics in them anymore... learned their lesson now let them back and if they act up again expel them from the NFL for good... good luck to pacman... "everyone deserves a second chance"

LonghornsLegend
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Schefter: If I throw enough crap out there, I'll get to brag about the one spec that ended up in the toilet.

He's no worse then Mortenson, Id say Schefter's average is a little higher in terms of getting these things right, Mort is 1 out of every 5 but still makes them all sound like their about to happen.

And I still never understood why Thurman was gone for an extra year, I admit he had his troubles but that was overdoing it...I guess we will see what good it does when and if these guys are back...Like somebody said we are still drafting a corner in the 1st round no matter what, at least a DB of some sort.

PalmerToCJ
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
If Thurman got two years and Pac Man serves one, that's messed up.

I agree. Not to mention Chris Henry was 10X worse than Odell and didn't even get a year.

Burns336
04-13-2008, 09:54 PM
The thing that sucks for Thurman is hard enough to come back after having a year off, and he's trying to make a comeback after 2.

Although, wasn't there some behind the scenes reasons as to why he wasn't reinstated after the first year? Wasn't there speculation about another drunk incident?

ChezPower4
04-14-2008, 01:05 PM

The commish will definetly reinstate pacman if he gets traded to the cowboys and i would not count on him staying out of trouble for a second.

Ware_HITStick
04-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Well, seems Pacman did not apply for reinstatement yesterday... thoughts?

CC.SD
04-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Well, seems Pacman did not apply for reinstatement yesterday... thoughts?

He was...busy.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-16-2008, 11:31 AM
If he had been reinstated the Titans would've had the possibility to keep him if they wanted (doubtful).

JagHombre22
04-16-2008, 12:28 PM
It's a smart move on his part...if he gets traded and does not get reinstated...wasted draft pick from the titans...if he gets traded and reinstated, he will likely get some money out of it...so he's going to wait and see...plus if he doesn't get reinstated...why would the Cowboys want him?

LonghornsLegend
04-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Basically...If he got re-instated, several other teams would be interested in his services, because trading him now its still a crapshoot on if he can come back to an extent, if he is 100% sure to play Tennessee will start a bidding war or just keep him...I think the trade is trying to get processed first, since Goodell said he can basically work out with a new team, then he will apply once the trade is processed.