PDA

View Full Version : dennis dixon's site

swollja
04-12-2008, 02:15 PM
anybody check that out? idk if it's helping scouts, but it made me like him as a prospect more. he's working hard.

dolphins round 3-4? just incase beck flops this year.

vidae
04-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I think it was a good move. He was a pretty intriguing prospect before the injury for sure.

There was an article in SI about him and it had said that even though he wasn't as mobile as they would have liked and that he didn't throw as well as he could have, scouts were impressed with his recovery.

I think he'll be drafted, just unsure where. He's got a lot of potential and sitting for a year or two to learn a system would do him a lot of good while he fully rehabs.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-12-2008, 06:25 PM
you should post the website so that people don't have to search for it....otherwise i certainly won't check it out

Strongside
04-12-2008, 06:45 PM
http://www.dennisdixon10.com/index.html

swollja
04-12-2008, 07:01 PM
you should post the website so that people don't have to search for it....otherwise i certainly won't check it out

wasn't sure if i was allowed to

D-Rod
04-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Decent effort by his agent. At least he's trying to earn his cut, unlike most of the parasites...

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-12-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.dennisdixon10.com/index.html

thanks bro

D-Rod
04-12-2008, 07:14 PM
It's fascinating to get a chance to watch a full workout. Though, frankly, I'd be pretty hesitant to draft DD on the basis of that workout. The outs, in particular, were pretty ugly...

swollja
04-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Decent effort by his agent. At least he's trying to earn his cut, unlike most of the parasites...

i have a feeling this is going to be done a lot more next year

Hawk
04-12-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm kinda surprised he has all those phone numbers on there.

TheBuffaloBills
04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
He seemed to have put nice velocity on the balls.

swollja
04-12-2008, 11:25 PM
He seemed to have put nice velocity on the balls.
it almost sounds like they enhanced the sound on the video of ball hitting the wr's hands his passes so his passes seem like they have a lot of velocity.

i don't think that's the case, it just popped into my head

holt_bruce81
04-13-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm kinda surprised he has all those phone numbers on there.

Yea same here, there are a lot of immature people in the world.

duckseason
04-13-2008, 05:17 AM
it almost sounds like they enhanced the sound on the video of ball hitting the wr's hands his passes so his passes seem like they have a lot of velocity.

Yeah the Moshofsky Center is a pretty big building and it's pretty damn quiet in there during those workouts. The sound is being enhanced by the acoustics.

Thunder&Lightning
04-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Yea same here, there are a lot of immature people in the world.

why would that make him immature?

JT Jag
04-13-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm kinda surprised he has all those phone numbers on there.Yea same here, there are a lot of immature people in the world.why would that make him immature?Reading comprehension. I believe the implication would be that the immature people would prank him.

TACKLE
04-13-2008, 01:07 PM

I don't think so. It's probably just an echoy complex. But it does look like he has nice zip on his throws.

Brent
04-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I like that he's very transparent with the videos and etc.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 02:38 PM
That's what I'd do. He'll find a place in the league, but I don't think it'll be as a QB.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Has he decided on his future with the Braves yet? His ACL injury has ended his shot at playing baseball this summer, but has he made any indication that he has given baseball up? Or will he look to baseball if he goes undrafted?

regoob2
04-13-2008, 03:14 PM
It's fascinating to get a chance to watch a full workout. Though, frankly, I'd be pretty hesitant to draft DD on the basis of that workout. The outs, in particular, were pretty ugly...I agree he didn't throw that well but I love the fact he has the ***** to show it.

Thunder&Lightning
04-13-2008, 03:28 PM
I would like to see what other players have website too...

tylerb929
04-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Has he decided on his future with the Braves yet? His ACL injury has ended his shot at playing baseball this summer, but has he made any indication that he has given baseball up? Or will he look to baseball if he goes undrafted?

All of my focus is on football. I am committed to being the best quarterback I can be and that takes complete dedication. My next baseball game will be playing a celebrity softball game with my NFL teammates.

This is a quote from his website, it has the date 4/1/08 next to it. Seems like he's pretty dedicated to football now.

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 03:30 PM
I agree he didn't throw that well but I love the fact he has the ***** to show it.

I always chuckle when someone says something like this.

"I love that he's got the stones to show his whole workout!"

"So, you want him on your team?"

"Hell No! Did you see that ugly workout?"

Staubach12
04-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Wow, the site shows his dedication to getting bigger and better, but it also shows his want to play the game. He's doing whatever it takes. Anyway, the films are cool. Is it just me or did he seem to have some accuracy issues at his Pro Day?

Staubach12
04-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Also, in the film study video, he seems extremely articulate and intelligent. The kid knows the game. I really wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a very good player.

Plus, he loves football.

“All of my focus is on football. I am committed to being the best quarterback I can be and that takes complete dedication. My next baseball game will be playing a celebrity softball game with my NFL teammates.”

regoob2
04-13-2008, 04:14 PM
I always chuckle when someone says something like this.

"I love that he's got the stones to show his whole workout!"

"So, you want him on your team?"

"Hell No! Did you see that ugly workout?"
I would like Dixon on the Bears. He could develop nicely and he's a winner.

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I would like Dixon on the Bears. He could develop nicely and he's a winner.

A winner? We are talking about the same guy who got benched before the Civil War in favor of Brady "Ryan's little bro" Leaf?

regoob2
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
A winner? We are talking about the same guy who got benched before the Civil War in favor of Brady "Ryan's little bro" Leaf?yes we are. Way to bring up that he's Ryan Leafs brother like that matters.

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 04:48 PM
yes we are. Way to bring up that he's Ryan Leafs brother like that matters.

Sorry, that's Oregon tradition, ain't gonna bend it for you.

SKim172
04-13-2008, 04:50 PM
A winner? We are talking about the same guy who got benched before the Civil War in favor of Brady "Ryan's little bro" Leaf?

I'm fairly sure the torn ACL and the surgery that would sideline him for four months had more to do with him being benched than Brady Leaf.

That's kinda what this whole thing has been about with his draft stock and everything... that's why he's got a website, to show his rehabilitation.

You've just completely missed the boat, haven't you?

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm fairly sure the torn ACL and the surgery that would sideline him for six months had more to do with him being benched than Brady Leaf.

What torn ACL? That was a year later.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=263280204

Bellotti started quarterback Brady Leaf after a week of speculation on whether he would stick with Dennis Dixon, who had struggled of late. It was Leaf's first start for the Ducks

If you had known what I was talking about you would have known that Leaf didn't play in the 07 Civil War.

You've just completely missed the boat, haven't you?

Maybe, but it seems a lot more likely that you didn't know Dixon existed until a few weeks into the 07 season.

SKim172
04-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Dixon didn't exist until '07 - that's correct. He popped into existence fully formed outside the Oregon training facility the summer of 2007. Papers in Eugene called it, "Green Jesus." Some say he may in fact be an alien, come to lead us to the promised land.

Or yeah, I could be wrong.

Curses, foiled again.

njx9isafag
04-13-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't think scouts will be influenced by a players personal website. All a personal website will say nothing but praise for that person. It's no independent source.

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't think scouts will be influenced by a players personal website. All a personal website will say nothing but praise for that person. It's no independent source.

Did you check the website? Dixon put up an entire combine workout, uncut. Including some pretty ugly looking throws. It's actually quite objective.

edgrenade
04-13-2008, 05:17 PM
He looked good in that pro day video on his site. He looked very comfortable under center with nice footwork.

lordquas
04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
mad smart idea on his part to have this site.

just another reason why im voting him president.

iloxygenil
04-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Guy is obviously working hard. I really hope it pays off for him. He had a very pretty deep ball and a lot of zip...but man he's got some serious work to do on that footwork and on his accuracy on those outs. He'll be a pretty good QB though I think.

edgrenade
04-14-2008, 02:08 AM
You could here the echo in the building from the ball hitting the wr's hands hard.

niel89
04-14-2008, 04:13 AM
great idea to use that site.

DeathbyStat
04-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Is it just me or does his footwork soom a little iffy...and he doesen't seem to step into throws.

I want to see if this kid can regain his former speed.

Can he play WR?

TheBuffaloBills
04-14-2008, 08:24 AM
About those phone numbers.... 99% percent of the people looking at his site are just the typical fan. Maybe that 1% is a coach or a scout..... I am sure if a scout or coach wanted their numbers they could find it out somehow else besides getting it from the website.

duckseason
04-15-2008, 04:09 AM
For whoever gives a damn, Dixon left Eugene sometime Monday to visit with the Redskins.

DiG
04-15-2008, 07:42 AM
i would not be upset if the skins drafted dixon to compete behind campbell. id be pretty happy actually.