View Full Version : 2009 Mock Draft according to Fox Sports

YAYareaRB
04-13-2008, 12:14 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7999670/2009-NFL-Mock-Draft

Some things to take note on

-Marty Schottenheimer is GM and Coach for KC
-Carl Petersen is GM and Denny Green is Coach for the Raiders
-Rex Ryan is the new Jets coach.
-Jim Haslett is new coach for the 49ers(eewwww).
-After one year in San Fran, Mike Martz goes to coach for Carolina
-Brian Billick is coaching at Minnesota

There's more.. lol

MetSox17
04-13-2008, 12:15 PM
This obviously was posted BEFORE Sean Lee tore up his knee..

Aw SWEARING MAKES ME COOL im a rapper. lol

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
These things are soooooo dumb. And no way do the Chargers lose the Super Bowl to the Cowboys. Blah. Although picking up Rey would be very nice, he's a total beast.

kiranadwaney
04-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Why do a mock draft of 2009 when the 2008 draft hasn't yet taken place? Also everything will change during the year.

gdamac
04-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I hope they are predicting Al Davis' retirement and not something worse. They have Peterson as Al's replacement as "Managing General Partner" not just GM. I guess they assume we pass on McFadden, if so I would take Beanie in a heart beat.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-13-2008, 12:37 PM
I think that the QB predictions are quite off. I like Curtis Painter, but he is not a first rounder is he? And Graham Harrell is going to get the system QB label just as every other Texas Tech QB before him. (i.e. - Sonny Cumbie, Kliff Kingsbury, and B.J. Symons)

Since the QB Class of 2009 looks relatively weak could we see the top 2 juniors in Matthew Stafford and Tim Tebow make the leap to the NFL as underclassmen?

Also what other QB's have real NFL potential in the class of 2009?

princefielder28
04-13-2008, 12:43 PM
How the hell is Maualuga a late 1st round pick??? should go earlier and PJ Hill to the Packers is awful too...love PJ but come on

NY+Giants=NYG
04-13-2008, 12:45 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7999670/2009-NFL-Mock-Draft

Some things to take note on

-Marty Schottenheimer is GM and Coach for KC
-Carl Petersen is GM and Denny Green is Coach for the Raiders
-Rex Ryan is the new Jets coach.
-Jim Haslett is new coach for the 49ers(eewwww).
-After one year in San Fran, Mike Martz goes to coach for Carolina
-Brian Billick is coaching at Minnesota

There's more.. lol

Mocks are so pointless this far in advance... If I remember correctly, we were supposed to be picking top 10 according to alot of people, this year. Just let it play out on the field.

neko4
04-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Ewww
I think Green Bay will target a pass rushing end next year.
Possibly another CB if Al Harris or Charles Woodson have a big drop off

regoob2
04-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Bears get a shot at Oher, I'll take it. :)

Smokey Joe
04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Why do a mock draft of 2009 when the 2008 draft hasn't yet taken place? Also everything will change during the year.
these things are for fun...

people really need to take things like this with a grain of salt. Much isn't going on in football right now, so why not make a fun article of some future predictions?

BaLLiN
04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
i actually am in love with Cushing, so i like the giants pick, would probably be a SLB or MLB. Aka filling in for Pierce probably.

umphrey
04-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Lions fans must be happy, Millen is gone

vidae
04-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Enjoy Peterson, Raiders fans! :p

holt_bruce81
04-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Graham Harrell in the 1st round........haha not a chance.

Young Legend
04-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Carl Petersen is GM

Stopped reading when i read that..

GB12
04-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I like to see two Badgers in the first. I don't like PJ Hill for the Packers though. Beckum to Minnesota would be a typical Vikings move.

Vikes99ej
04-13-2008, 01:35 PM
PJ Hill taken in the first round??? HAHAHAHAHAHA

familyguy555
04-13-2008, 01:38 PM
If only Floyd Reece was our GM...

PoopSandwich
04-13-2008, 01:43 PM
If the Browns pick that high in 2009 then something went seriously wrong.

Geo
04-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Colts taking a guard in the 1st round, lollers.

umphrey
04-13-2008, 01:49 PM
I like to see two Badgers in the first. I don't like PJ Hill for the Packers though. Beckum to Minnesota would be a typical Vikings move.

Yeah I was gonna ask could PJ Hill really go that high? I always thought of him as a mid rounder, kind of a poor mans Ron Dayne, referring to Dayne when he was a prospect and not a bust.

Gay Ork Wang
04-13-2008, 01:50 PM
They actually pay people to do such a thing?

Thunder&Lightning
haha how the hell to the chargers luck out getn ray at #31...love it

EdReedUnstoppable
I love how every person on earth other than the Ravens organization seems to have forgotten Jared Gaither. Im gonna laugh when he is making Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl and Ryan Clady and other OTs people think we should take flop in the NFL.

regoob2
04-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Rey goes #31 and Lairurnatis(sp) goes #1? not likely.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Would it be enough to ease the pain of picking 31 though?

I don't know, but it would sure help. I think Rey's a top ten pick personally. Ray Lewis 3. (2 is Willis.)

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 02:21 PM
3 ohio state players in the top 4? Someone's a homer.

And Max Unger is not a first round pick, much less a top 10.

PJ Hill and Graham Harrell are not first rounders.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 02:30 PM
3 ohio state players in the top 4? Someone's a homer.

And Max Unger is not a first round pick, much less a top 10.

PJ Hill and Graham Harrell are not first rounders.

I'll buy Malcolm Jenkins as a top 3 pick; he's got it all, plus experience, leadership, and all the awards. The others, not so much. I teeter-totter on Beanie Wells.

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll buy Malcolm Jenkins as a top 3 pick; he's got it all, plus experience, leadership, and all the awards. The others, not so much. I teeter-totter on Beanie Wells.

I could see Jenkins. Wells will be a top ten pick most likely. Lauranitis is harder to place, he could go anywhere between 12 and 40. But Lauranitis #1 is a joke.

Woody56
04-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Guess this guy didn't hear that Jets owner Woody Johnson said publicly that Mangini is guarenteed his job no matter what the record is this upcoming season.

Jakey
04-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Haha...if the steelers landed Oher i would be stoked!!! But we aint gonna do that poorly...no way!

RaiderNation
04-13-2008, 02:41 PM
I dont think Oakland is going to pass on DMC. Next year we will be looking for probably a LT,DE or WR

jj45
04-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I can't see the draft all can some one post it

OSUGiants17
04-13-2008, 03:38 PM
i actually am in love with Cushing, so i like the giants pick, would probably be a SLB or MLB. Aka filling in for Pierce probably.

same here.

Yung Flippa
04-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Baltimore picking at the number 3 spot!?! Something is wrong with!

sweetness34
04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Where the hell is Vontae Davis at?

sweetness34
04-13-2008, 03:52 PM
And why are we the #14 pick at #8? Does he not know how to count?

Vikes99ej
04-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Where the hell is Vontae Davis at?

Damn good question. He's my #1 corner behind Jenkins, and he could still move ahead of him.

keylime_5
04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I dont think Oakland is going to pass on DMC. Next year we will be looking for probably a LT,DE or WR

I agree. you might be able to add CB to that list if Nnamdi leaves.

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't like where Pittsburgh is picking, but I'd gladly welcome Michael Oher.

I think his rankings are off (I know it's all speculation), but I like his pick. Though I doubt Unger goes before Oher.

I have to say some questionable picks.

Mr. Stiller
04-13-2008, 04:32 PM

Yeah, thats a pick or two later then they'll probably be picking :)

Go_Eagles77
04-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Can't argue with that eagles pick. Moore's a beast.

BrownsTown
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
This guy really doesn't like the Browns I guess...

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 04:52 PM
This guy really doesn't like the Browns I guess...

Not as much as he hates the Steelers.

BamaFalcon59
04-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Gerald McRath. He is 212 on the Southern Miss site, yet he gos top five? Highest weight I see him at is 220. That is very light.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Gerald McRath. He is 212 on the Southern Miss site, yet he gos top five? Highest weight I see him at is 220. That is very light.

I'll take Michael Oher.

Joeyjr09
04-13-2008, 05:30 PM
I love how every person on earth other than the Ravens organization seems to have forgotten Jared Gaither. Im gonna laugh when he is making Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl and Ryan Clady and other OTs people think we should take flop in the NFL.

Nobody has forgotten about Jared Gaither. But as has been proven time and time again, counting on low round supplemental draft choices is not the smart thing to do.

d34ng3l021
04-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Oher would have gone higher than 9 had he come out this year. He is a top3 pick, with easy consideration at the top pick. How we pass on him is kinda ridiculous.

Its not that great of a mock. And the fact that the 08 draft hasnt even happened yet might be stupider. He couldnt wait 2 weeks?

Joeyjr09
04-13-2008, 05:34 PM

Dude you guys were the only team to lose to my Dolphins last season. Your picking in the top 8 in the draft and you've done nothing to get better.

That means you are not allowed to complain about anyone's predictions on your team. You are worse then the worst. Until you come out next season and prove something on the field, your team sucks.

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Dude you guys were the only team to lose to my Dolphins last season. Your picking in the top 8 in the draft and you've done nothing to get better.

That means you are not allowed to complain about anyone's predictions on your team. You are worse then the worst. Until you come out next season and prove something on the field, your team sucks.

They guys who should be complaining are the Dolphins fans. Of all the terrible teams the league has seen, a team hasn't repeated with the worst record since the 93-94 Bengals.

PACKmanN
04-13-2008, 05:49 PM
how could they make a mock draft before the 08 one occurred? most of these picks will be dumb after this year draft.

BlindSite
04-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I might feel a little sick if we fired John Fox for Mike Martz.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 07:01 PM
For real! The nerve of the man to be creative, and give the casual reader players to be looking out for! I mean, it's not going to be accurate! And we all know Mocks made during the season or so will be waaaaay more accurate than his! Calais Campbell is still a guaranteed Top 10 pick, right? I guess he doesn't understand that Mocks created a month before the Draft or less are the only Mocks which have a chance of being useful or relevant...

Everybody realizes that casual sports fans read FOXsports, ESPN, and other media sites too, and that it's not just fans who know a great deal about it like we do, right? What seems to be pointless to us may actually be very interesting or entertaining to someone who doesn't understand the Draft and how it works. Only natural for someone who's curious to seek new information and opinion. I guarantee that, "Pre-View of the 2009 NFL Draft!" will get more hits on April 13th, 2008 than "Pre-View of the 2008 NFL Draft!" will on ESPN's site. He's definitely going to be wrong on many things, but around to the '09 Draft, will anyone be creating a "LOLz! Tom Marino fails to predict '09 Draft!!!" thread? So who cares? Writers do it every year, and I'll keep reading.

As for his take on the Titans, MLB could be addressed, though his reasoning for it is off. The Titans haven't invested in an elite MLB because of the frequency of our DEF having to be in a Nickel DEF. It's been that way for the past 10 years, and it won't change due to a Playoff loss. But, it could very well be the pick, tho I'd prefer Maualuga. Oh, and nice to see Floyd Reese back in the NFL.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 07:04 PM
For real! The nerve of the man to be creative, and give the casual reader players to be looking out for! I mean, it's not going to be accurate! And we all know Mocks made during the season or so will be waaaaay more accurate than his! I guess he doesn't understand that Mocks created a month before the Draft or less are the only Mocks which have a chance of being useful or relevant...

Everybody realizes that casual sports fans read FOXsports, ESPN, and other media sites too, and that it's not just fans who know a great deal about it like we do, right? What seems to be pointless to us may actually be very interesting or entertaining to someone who doesn't understand the Draft and how it works. Only natural for someone who's curious to seek new information and opinion. I guarantee that, "Pre-View of the 2009 NFL Draft?" will get more hits on April 13th, 2008 than "Pre-View of the 2008 NFL Draft?" He's definitely going to be wrong on many things, but around to the '09 Draft, will anyone be creating a "LOLz! Tom Marino fails to predict '09 Draft!!!" thread? So who cares? Writers do it every year, and I'll keep reading.

As for his take on the Titans, MLB could be addressed, though his reasoning for it is off. The Titans haven't invested in an elite MLB because of the frequency of our DEF having to be in a Nickel DEF. It's been that way for the past 10 years, and it won't change due to a Playoff loss. But, it could very well be the pick, tho I'd prefer Maualuga. Oh, and nice to see Floyd Reese back in the NFL.

No one could look at the Titans playoff loss and think their defense truly failed them, could they? They need playmakers on offense in a bad way.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 07:16 PM
No one could look at the Titans playoff loss and think their defense truly failed them, could they? They need playmakers on offense in a bad way.

I don't think anyone would think that the Titans DEF lost the game for us, but playmakers on offense was the case last year, its the case this year, so I hope it's not an immediate problem next Draft too. It's actually refreshing to see "MIKE costs them in the end" than "Poor receivers cost them in the end." Also, heading into the '07 Draft the Titans had one of the Bottom 5 DEF's in the league, yet heading into the '08 Draft we have one of the Top 5 DEF's in the league. Point is that we can never predict how our own teams will do or how things will turn out, so how can I sit here and criticize him for an article that he obviously did for poots and giggles?

DJC
04-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Wheres guys like Crabtree, Sam Bradford, Knowshon Moreno, Granger and Loadholt at? George Selvie should be up there too. Seems like he's missing quite a bit of prospects.

And I think Harrell wont be 1st round, he'll be seen as a system QB. Also, Id take Spiller ahead of James Davis.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Crabtree, Bradford, and Moreno are all sophomores, if I'm not mistaken. They won't be available until '10. As for Loadholt, I have no clue, but he had many mixed reviews, on these boards at least. Dunno who the Granger player is, but I agree with Selvie. George Selvie and Michael Johnson may be the top pass-rushing DE's next season.

CC.SD
04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't think anyone would think that the Titans DEF lost the game for us, but playmakers on offense was the case last year, its the case this year, so I hope it's not an immediate problem next Draft too. It's actually refreshing to see "MIKE costs them in the end" than "Poor receivers cost them in the end." Also, heading into the '07 Draft the Titans had one of the Bottom 5 DEF's in the league, yet heading into the '08 Draft we have one of the Top 5 DEF's in the league. Point is that we can never predict how our own teams will do or how things will turn out, so how can I sit here and criticize him for an article that he obviously did for poots and giggles?

Yeah, good points all. Taking these things at anything more than face value is definitely a waste of time.

AtariBigby
04-13-2008, 07:48 PM

So what?
Then why do mocks today of the 2008 draft?

RELAX & ENJOY !!!!
This isn't bloddy England, this is America baby!

AtariBigby
04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Crabtree, Bradford, and Moreno are all sophomores, if I'm not mistaken. They won't be available until '10.
They redshirted one season so they will be eligible.
Give the experts some credit dude. They know more than you do, or I do. They surely know the draft-eligibilty rules!

AtariBigby
04-13-2008, 07:52 PM

I like the way you think Joey. :cool:

P-L
04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Three Ohio State players will not go in the first four picks. Also, Laurinaitis has a 0% chance of going #1 overall. Teams just don't value ILB that much, especially in a 3-4.

Sniper
04-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Three Ohio State players will not go in the first four picks. Also, Laurinaitis has a 0% chance of going #1 overall. Teams just don't value ILB that much, especially in a 3-4.

I was going to say that about Laurinaitis. A 3-4 ILB at #1? Forget about it.

Jenkins and Wells in the top 4, I can buy. But Laurinaitis is most definitely not the best LB available.

TitanHope
04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
They redshirted one season so they will be eligible.
Give the experts some credit dude. They know more than you do, or I do. They surely know the draft-eligibilty rules!

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks dude. Oh, and I did give the writer credit. I even defended the writer in an earlier post.

But, DJC pointed out that the writer left out some big names, so it led me to believe that they were inelligible, but I stated I could be wrong just incase. That was me again defending the writer by producing a reason to not including notable players. Though, I did agree that Selvie would have been a good choice in the writer's Draft, but didn't say it was wrong not to have him.

I, um, think we're on two different pages... I've been defending Marino.

thebow305
04-14-2008, 01:41 AM
My only question is: Who the hell is Gerald McRath?

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-14-2008, 01:43 AM
My only question is: Who the hell is Gerald McRath?

No, clue apparently another hidden gem LB from Southern Miss.

Here is his bio.
http://southernmiss.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcrath_gerald00.html

thebow305
04-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Would much rather have Alex Boone, Andre Smith, or Michael Oher if we have the top pick. I wouldn't even mind Brian Cushing, that guy is a stud!

I doubt we have the top pick next year though. I think it will be either the Chiefs, Bengals, or the Ravens.

d34ng3l021
04-14-2008, 01:49 AM
So what?
Then why do mocks today of the 2008 draft?

RELAX & ENJOY !!!!
This isn't bloddy England, this is America baby!

Because we actually have a damn good look at a team's roster. See who just broke out. See who are too old to perform at a high level. Theres a huge change in a season.

tjpackers
04-14-2008, 01:41 PM
why would green bay take p.j hill yah he is great back and yah he would be a good combo with grant but i see us taking a CB or maybe a WR because of the ages of woodson, harris, driver

T-RICH49
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Enjoy Peterson, Raiders fans! :p

Yeah enjoy his "5 year plan"

xooberon
04-14-2008, 02:47 PM
mike martz...

Nitschke-Hawk
04-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Yuck. Right off the bat I was disgusted with the 3 Ohio St. players in the top 5. That's just not gonna happen.

mqtirishfan
04-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Everyone has missed the biggest problem, IMO. The Lions get the 20th pick in the draft, which means they made the playoffs, and then Millen gets canned.

CC.SD
04-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Everyone has missed the biggest problem, IMO. The Lions get the 20th pick in the draft, which means they made the playoffs, and then Millen gets canned.

Yeah, neither of those things are gonna happen, unfortunately.

LonghornsLegend
04-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Nice to know we are the super bowl champs, but OG in the 1st? Michael Crabtree please and my little fantasy could begin :)

Bucs_Rule
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
After seeing a LB and a CB taken 1 and 2 I stopped reading.

Mr. Stiller
04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Crabtree, Bradford, and Moreno are all sophomores, if I'm not mistaken. They won't be available until '10. As for Loadholt, I have no clue, but he had many mixed reviews, on these boards at least. Dunno who the Granger player is, but I agree with Selvie. George Selvie and Michael Johnson may be the top pass-rushing DE's next season.

Selvie is still and underclassmen.

Loadholt was overrated on this board because he beat the then overrated Calaias Campbell.

Loadholt is probably the 5-6th best senior next year. 8th-9th best overall right now in my estimation if he doesn't actually play with the desire an Olineman had.

If Loadholt had Gosder Cherilus Nasty Streak, he could've been the #1 Overall OT in this draft.

He's just not concerned and lazy.

asmitty45
04-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I love the Floyd Reece hiring, Millen finally gone.

Robinson is a nice pick, i dont know much about him but ill take my chances with an Arkansas d-lineman. Although i LOVE Brian Cushing

asmitty45
04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
But sorry, i noticed they say painter is the top QB prospect in the draft? now im not terribly familiar with the 09 QB's but ive gotta believe there are better one than Painter, Tebow for example

BamaFalcon59
04-14-2008, 09:02 PM
I love the Floyd Reece hiring, Millen finally gone.

Robinson is a nice pick, i dont know much about him but ill take my chances with an Arkansas d-lineman. Although i LOVE Brian Cushing

They like to eat. Twinkies. A lot of them.

Caddy
04-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I know the Buccaneers need some help at Wide Receiver, but I'm hoping we won't need to take one in the first round next year.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Someone is a tOSU fan.