PDA

View Full Version : Talking to Antoine Cason in 30 min...

Scott Wright
04-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey,

I am talking to Arizona CB Antoine Cason for an interview at 5:45pm central.

Got a question for him? Post it here. I'll pick the best one and ask him.

DragonFireKai
04-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I'd like to know who he thinks is the best reciever he's lined up against in his career.

Jakey
04-13-2008, 05:24 PM
What player, past or present does he try to mold his game around???

Flyboy
04-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Does he regret going back to school when he could have come out last year and potentially been taken higher?

MetSox17
If he feels his talent, experience and off-field persona merit him being ranked as one of the best/if not the best corners of this draft and eventually be a first round pick

derza222
I've got a couple involving Cason:

How does he feel he fits in a man heavy scheme vs. a zone heavy scheme? What about a potential move to safety as you outlined in his scouting report? What teams have shown the most interest in him thus far? If I remember correctly you'll ask him where he expects to be drafted as that's a question I think I've seen in your interviews. Also, not really a football related question so I'm not sure if it's appropriate for the interview but I'd be curious to know if there will be any changes with his charity work once he gets into the league.

Thanks for the great work Scott, I'll be looking forward to reading it!

scottyboy
what teams are interested in him? Has he heard from the G-men? Does he wish he attended Rutgers?(i bet the answer is an obvious "yes")

jetsfan0099
04-13-2008, 05:27 PM
if the Jets told him they would draft him or not?

Thunder&Lightning
04-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Who does he admire most in life?

Scott Wright
04-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the questions!

Here's the winner:

How does he feel he fits in a man heavy scheme vs. a zone heavy scheme?

Scott Wright
04-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Just got off the phone with Antoine.

Real pleasant kid to speak with and sounds like he really has his head on straight.

Look for that interview on Wednesday.

Jakey
04-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Good job Scott!

*give him to the Steelers in your next mock!* :)

umphrey
04-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Good deal the winning question was basically what I was going to propose.

AtariBigby
04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Great work Scott,

This is the guy I want the Packers to take in round one.
I want Ray Rice in round two, along with a TE in round two.

SCOTT, have you ever talked with Ray Rice?
I know he's a great person on and off the field. No character issues with that guy. Those are guys that Ted Thompson has an appreciation for.
Pencil em both into Green Bay.

jared
04-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Look forward to it. One of the few prospects I like a lot. Hope to see him in a Cardinals uniform.

LonghornsLegend
04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the questions!

Here's the winner:

Good, I was going to ask that anyway, so now maybe you can give him to us instead of Talib in your last mock :) It seemed like from reading your scouting reports on him you were torn, almost as if you wanted to rate him higher but you didnt see everything you needed to from him.

Im pretty sure he answered the question as anyone would and say wherever I play I will fit in, all I know is he can play man to man better then Talib can, and I dont have him pegged as an automatic cover 2 corner like some people have.

bored of education
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I like Cason alot. I think darnik had him his number 1 overall player

BaLLiN
04-13-2008, 09:17 PM
right now i could see him as a borderline 1st/2nd player, giants have him ranked as a first round grade :) (i still would like reggie smith over him)

AtariBigby
04-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Good, I was going to ask that anyway, so now maybe you can give him to us instead of Talib in your last mock :) It seemed like from reading your scouting reports on him you were torn, almost as if you wanted to rate him higher but you didnt see everything you needed to from him.

Im pretty sure he answered the question as anyone would and say wherever I play I will fit in, all I know is he can play man to man better then Talib can, and I dont have him pegged as an automatic cover 2 corner like some people have.

Talib has the character issues, so he's perfect for the Boys.
Cason is a high quality person, so he'll fit in with the Packers.

Keep going after Pac-Man instead. :p
Heck, Tank hasn't blown anyone up here yet and Kenny Hamlin hasn't been involved in any barroom assaults lately..... and there's always Chris Henry and Michael Vick waiting......

:p

lordquas
04-13-2008, 10:23 PM
I like Cason a lot too. He seems to do everything right and is an incredible playmaker. To me, Cason is a notch above Mike Jenkins. He's not as fast as Jenkins but hes more consistent and has better balls. 2 things that are critical in the NFL.

iloxygenil
04-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Good job Scott!

*give him to the Steelers in your next mock!* :)

Nah he's right where he needs to be.

thebow305
04-14-2008, 01:27 AM
I would LOVE to get him in Miami with the 32nd pick!