PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Mock Discussion Thread

fischbowl
04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Need One of These Always.....

Thunder&Lightning
04-13-2008, 08:32 PM
when we officially starting this or the one fed made in the Mock Draft Forums it?

fischbowl
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
In the First Post there is all the teams, taken.

WE HAVE STARTED

My help committee is Prince, Diab, Woot, and WMD

I think we have the time to go 7 rounds, anyone think otherwise?

Thunder&Lightning
04-13-2008, 08:36 PM
sounds like a good plan to me. I say we go 7 rounds.

Thunder&Lightning
04-13-2008, 08:41 PM
why you making it at 12 though some guys have class...

fed36
04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
now i found you guys - fischbowl and crew - i could not find this thread - so i started one on the mock forum - we can abandon it but feel free to copy paste anything you guys want for the thread

see you all tuesday

Hines
04-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Whats the time limit Fisch?

rockio42
04-13-2008, 11:16 PM
are we just going to keep it going earlier than schedule since we already started

fed36
04-13-2008, 11:31 PM
are we just going to keep it going earlier than schedule since we already started

i had started that other thread rockio because i was an idiot and i could not find this thread somehow, and fischbowl was offline. Since I was Miami i figured I would get it started, maybe overzealous but just trying to help.

Looks like Fischbowl has got it all covered here - so ignore the other thread i started in "mock" section

WMD
04-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Got the Selection thread started.

fed36
04-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Got the Selection thread started.

WMD edit the first page and list the entire draft order

use the thread i had created earlier to get the order

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20928

fischbowl
04-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Let's keep on going. Menardo OTC with the Rams

fed36
04-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Let's keep on going. Menardo OTC with the Rams

I know Mernado picked Chris Long for the Rams on the other thread I had set up - I am sure he would be cool with someone posting that for him as i am pretty sure that would be his pick again

BeerBaron
04-14-2008, 08:15 AM
didnt think we were doing a full 7 rounder this time but whatev....

Hines
04-14-2008, 08:21 AM
I left a BB with Fisch since I wont be here whenever the Jets pick.

fed36
04-14-2008, 09:18 AM
I have a suggestion or two to make this run smoother

First, WMD, place on the Selection thread the list of all the GM's.

Second write an instruction on the Selection thread that asks every GM to PM the next GM who is up after they have made their pick.

This will hopefully make things run smoother and quicker.

I have already taken the liberty to PM Jim Jim to let him know his Falcons are up

diabsoule
04-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Why is there a trade thread when we aren't doing trades?

BeerBaron
04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Why is there a trade thread when we aren't doing trades?

lol....yeah, we need to get this thing under a little control. suddenly we have a trade thread and all 7 rounds....confusing

fed36
04-14-2008, 10:52 AM
i did not see one - are you sure you weren't looking at the NBA forum Mock trade thread

but if i missed it and there is one - you are right - i was under the impression that there were no trades

princefielder28
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
i did not see one - are you sure you weren't looking at the NBA forum Mock trade thread

but if i missed it and there is one - you are right - i was under the impression that there were no trades

there are no trades and i would agree with the confusion about the nba forum mock

fischbowl
04-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah the NBA Forum Mock and the New Forum Mock have names that look similar. Ill ask JBond to put ours in the Forum Mock folder to avoid confusion

I have the Raiders and Jets BBs

Thunder&Lightning
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
im about to make the pick

Thunder&Lightning
04-14-2008, 01:46 PM
my pick is in jets are on the clock

BeerBaron
04-14-2008, 04:48 PM
ravens pick is in.

its funny, i took the ravens so that i could be damn sure that ryan won't unrealistically fall. i got a picture, photobucketed it, got all ready to post it....realized ryan was already taken. lol.

oh well....still didnt have to worry about him

Turtlepower
04-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I think this is the first forum mock with a QB going in the top-20...

Thunder&Lightning
04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I think this is the first forum mock with a QB going in the top-20...

Haha i think your right thats very surprising...

Dr. Gonzo
04-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Looks like this is shaping up to be much more realistic albeit a little less fun without trades.

BeerBaron
04-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Looks like this is shaping up to be much more realistic albeit a little less fun without trades.

a fair trade off i think. if there was a little more moderation of the trades maybe id buy it....thats no knock on bond as i enjoyed the draft highly.

im just saying, and it would be ****** to put this all on one person, but a few of those trades were just outrageously unrealistic. sure it was stuff that could happen....but eh......idk.

i dont know how it would be fixed though......

but i liked the last draft and this one ought to be decent as well

Dr. Gonzo
04-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I know that people hounded JBond to accept and he eventually would give in. When you include trades it will always be crazy because everyone always thinks the moves they make are improving the team and they get angry when trades are rejected. I do like the fact that we did one with trades and now are doing one without. It will be interesting to see what happens.

BeerBaron
04-14-2008, 07:04 PM
I know that people hounded JBond to accept and he eventually would give in. When you include trades it will always be crazy because everyone always thinks the moves they make are improving the team and they get angry when trades are rejected. I do like the fact that we did one with trades and now are doing one without. It will be interesting to see what happens.

indeed. like i said, i have no idea how id fix the "with trades" one....but im glad we're doing both.

im up for these all the time

Turtlepower
04-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Is there a time-limit?

Thunder&Lightning
04-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Is there a time-limit?

If not we need to make one cuz i wanna get this thing going... I say if he exceeds the limit we vote on the pick...

fed36
04-14-2008, 07:14 PM
i agree - i think two hours is more than enough to make a pick

I wonder what Fischbowl and the rest of the committee think on the whole time limit thing

fischbowl
04-14-2008, 07:16 PM
i agree - i think two hours is more than enough to make a pick

I wonder what Fischbowl and the rest of the committee think on the whole time limit thing

Its a two hour time limit starting tomorrow at 12 Noon EST.

fischbowl
04-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Sorry I haven't been on. I've had a pretty ****** day and I have a huge migraine

diabsoule
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
indeed. like i said, i have no idea how id fix the "with trades" one....but im glad we're doing both.

im up for these all the time

The way I would enforce the trades is that link would have to be provided for all people that will be traded. There will be no "lower-level" trades.

BeerBaron
04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
The way I would enforce the trades is that link would have to be provided for all people that will be traded. There will be no "lower-level" trades.

well, some lower level trades do make sense though. it was just that this was abused pretty badly....

like i would buy the eagles trading feely. wouldnt buy the steelers trading batch. stuff like that ya know? you can't throw them all out but you can't let every single one slide....

and no one wants to be the commish in a situation like that where they have to piss some people off.

diabsoule
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
well, some lower level trades do make sense though. it was just that this was abused pretty badly....

like i would buy the eagles trading feely. wouldnt buy the steelers trading batch. stuff like that ya know? you can't throw them all out but you can't let every single one slide....

and no one wants to be the commish in a situation like that where they have to piss some people off.

I don't care if I piss people off. If a trade doesn't make sense, like the Steelers trading Batch or the Redskins trading for Lelie and whoever else they traded for, then I'd reject it. **** it, if your being a dumbass in a trade I'm going to call you on it.

BeerBaron
04-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't care if I piss people off. If a trade doesn't make sense, like the Steelers trading Batch or the Redskins trading for Lelie and whoever else they traded for, then I'd reject it. **** it, if your being a dumbass in a trade I'm going to call you on it.

lol well, i guess we need you to be an enforcer next time or something.

not all trades were bad though in case anyone was wondering....there were quite a few i thought made sense at least.

Mr. Stiller
04-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Sorry about the wait.

Denvers pick is up, and I'm sure it'll be a surprise.

Willign to hear bashing and opinion.

Mr. Stiller
04-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Need One of These Always.....

FISCH I LOVE YOUR AVATAR..

dun dun.. dun dun. dun dun dun dun.. Salsa Shark...

WMD
04-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Sorry about the wait.

Denvers pick is up, and I'm sure it'll be a surprise.

Willign to hear bashing and opinion.

It's interesting.. I just haven't ever seen Derrick Harvey listed as DE/DT.

Mr. Stiller
04-15-2008, 08:01 AM
It's interesting.. I just haven't ever seen Derrick Harvey listed as DE/DT.

Neither have I. I've always heard him as a possible OLB candidate.

However, I feel that his motor, and frame which can add a likely 10-15 lbs. He can certainly beat out John Engelberger and provide a good pass rusher. Then with the additional weight, and his strength/motor he could provide the interior pass rush.

rockio42
04-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Denver isnt exactly having great luck with Gators as of late are they?

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I wasn't going to follow, but I took a peek, and must say that the Denver pick may be the worst I've seen in a first round pick to any team. Goodbye.

Wootylicous
04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Harvey at DT ? wtf...

princefielder28
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
I thought I was Carolina so I choose for them but just realized that rockio is them so he can make their choice

Turtlepower
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
I mean, he could have picked Jordy Nelson. That would have made it a worse pick.

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I mean, he could have picked Jordy Nelson. That would have made it a worse pick.

No, because Jordy would have actually contributed to the team since they have a need at WR and HE ACTUALLY PLAYS THE POSITION!

Mr. Stiller
04-15-2008, 10:46 AM
No, because Jordy would have actually contributed to the team since they have a need at WR and HE ACTUALLY PLAYS THE POSITION!

Hey Captain.. Read:

He will play SDE, just like he did in 2006. When they won the NC.

Then on passing downs, he can slide inside to the 3-tech like Justin Tuck..

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Right, because Justin Tuck can do do it, every DE can do it! Honestly, you just drafted two DEs, have Dumervil, this was a horrendous pick with Clady on the board and so many holes on the team.

I always thought you knew what you were talking about just had a different perspective. Now, I know you do not sir.

Wootylicous
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Someone just got owned. :D

Mr. Stiller
04-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Right, because Justin Tuck can do do it, every DE can do it! Honestly, you just drafted two DEs, have Dumervil, this was a horrendous pick with Clady on the board and so many holes on the team.

I always thought you knew what you were talking about just had a different perspective. Now, I know you do not sir.

Ah yes, because you are certainly the master of insight.

I believe he can do it. Denver usually picks OL late, and the last 1st round OL? Can't even make the Lions OL.

I'm not saying everyone can do It. I'm merely of the belief that Harvey could. Denver likes Harris to replace Lepsis.

They have Dumervil who is a passrushing WDE to put behind Jarvis Moss.

If it's true they like Harris, which I've heard repeatedly, Now.. Does Engelberger strike you as a talented passrusher?

If he can't play the 4-3 3-tech on passing downs, Big whoop, I still got a 3-down Elite SDE to pair and give Denver an elite passrush.

Sorry my views don't meet yours. You're right, if someone has a different perspective, that you don't believe in, they're obviously wrong.

I'm sure you've never been wrong JBond. I've watched Harvey a lot. I've heard a lot of talk of him being able to do it. I'll trust their word over some internet tough guy.. Fun talk though.

Thanks for providing a counter argument. Which was merely you taking my wording out of context.

"Justin Tuck did it so everyone can". Is not what I said. I said I feel that Harvey has the skillset, strength and frame to do it. Some others feel that way do as well.

I also took who I felt was BPA. Clady is overrated. He shows great athleticism. He played a weak competition, and didn't dominate as he was penalized numerous times and gave up over 5.5 sacks.

Though if you wanted to make an argument over Chris Williams, i'd buy into it. However, I don't feel Clady is a top 15 player. He's another overrated player on this board.

rockio42
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Wait do I have have the Panthers & the Jags or the Jags and the Giants

I kinda got bounced around so im not sure who i have

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Ah yes, because you are certainly the master of insight.

I believe he can do it. Denver usually picks OL late, and the last 1st round OL? Can't even make the Lions OL.

I'm not saying everyone can do It. I'm merely of the belief that Harvey could. Denver likes Harris to replace Lepsis.

They have Dumervil who is a passrushing WDE to put behind Jarvis Moss.

If it's true they like Harris, which I've heard repeatedly, Now.. Does Engelberger strike you as a talented passrusher?

If he can't play the 4-3 3-tech on passing downs, Big whoop, I still got a 3-down Elite SDE to pair and give Denver an elite passrush.

Sorry my views don't meet yours. You're right, if someone has a different perspective, that you don't believe in, they're obviously wrong.

I'm sure you've never been wrong JBond. I've watched Harvey a lot. I've heard a lot of talk of him being able to do it. I'll trust their word over some internet tough guy.. Fun talk though.

Thanks for providing a counter argument. Which was merely you taking my wording out of context.

"Justin Tuck did it so everyone can". Is not what I said. I said I feel that Harvey has the skillset, strength and frame to do it. Some others feel that way do as well.

I also took who I felt was BPA. Clady is overrated. He shows great athleticism. He played a weak competition, and didn't dominate as he was penalized numerous times and gave up over 5.5 sacks.

Though if you wanted to make an argument over Chris Williams, i'd buy into it. However, I don't feel Clady is a top 15 player. He's another overrated player on this board.

Alright bud, I'm glad you would take "their" word but never provided who they are.

And honestly, I just mentioned Clady, it could be anyone. Williams, DRC, whoever you want! Harvey is just NOT a good pick, let's be real. And I've been wrong plenty of times, but in this instance, you are wrong. Harvey won't play DT, it won't happen, and you are simply beefing up a position where Denver is deep while their offense is struggling and secondary is still hurting.

rockio42
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Nevermind, Ive figured everything out, Carolina pick is up

Wootylicous
04-15-2008, 11:30 AM
You're so Gay Jbond!

yodabear
04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
You're so gay Jbond!

Quoted for mother ******* truth!

Mr. Stiller
04-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Alright bud, I'm glad you would take "their" word but never provided who they are.

And honestly, I just mentioned Clady, it could be anyone. Williams, DRC, whoever you want! Harvey is just NOT a good pick, let's be real. And I've been wrong plenty of times, but in this instance, you are wrong. Harvey won't play DT, it won't happen, and you are simply beefing up a position where Denver is deep while their offense is struggling and secondary is still hurting.

Outside of Williams who do I take? (Remember this is Coach Kevlars ZBS.)

reach for a WR? A DT (Kentwan Balmer top 15?)

DRC? With Champ Bailey? Kenny Phillips is top 15.

Trust me, if this was a trade capable Mock I'd be working to move down.

BPA + His abilities (I think he can be a top 10 pick) I should ignore that to reach for someone else?

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Outside of Williams who do I take? (Remember this is Coach Kevlars ZBS.)

reach for a WR? A DT (Kentwan Balmer top 15?)

DRC? With Champ Bailey? Kenny Phillips is top 15.

Trust me, if this was a trade capable Mock I'd be working to move down.

BPA + His abilities (I think he can be a top 10 pick) I should ignore that to reach for someone else?

Then take Williams or Clady.

Take a safety, DRC can play it, or at worst case, can be a great 2nd or nickel corner.

Take a RB if you have to.

BeerBaron
04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
bears pick is up. a big thanks to whoever was denver for not taking chris williams

fed36
04-15-2008, 11:52 AM
bears pick is up. a big thanks to whoever was denver for not taking chris williams

Way to feed fuel to the "Denver made a bad pick" fire

BeerBaron
04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Way to feed fuel to the "Denver made a bad pick" fire

oh...didnt realize that fire was going. i made my pick before i looked here and didnt really read...just posted that it was up. now i see what your talking about though, lol. sorry

Jim Jim
04-15-2008, 11:56 AM
You can never had enough good defense linemen in the NFL, but Denver did had some other pressing needs. If they feel like Harvey was the best pick there, more power to them.

diabsoule
04-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Can we get this thing moving along?

fenikz
04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
I am guaranteed to get one of DRC, Jenkins, or Mendenhall

Jim Jim
04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
I am guaranteed to get one of DRC, Jenkins, or Mendenhall

Should we just crown your ass now?! :p

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
WMD has a 1/2 hour

fed36
04-15-2008, 01:18 PM
WMD has a 1/2 hour

Has anyone send WMD a PM?

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Has anyone send WMD a PM?

no but hes not on AIM

fenikz
04-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Should we just crown your ass now?! :p

might as well

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 02:07 PM
WMD is skipped. Fenikz can pick.

bored of education
04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Denver's pick SUCKED

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey Captain.. Read:

He will play SDE, just like he did in 2006. When they won the NC.

Then on passing downs, he can slide inside to the 3-tech like Justin Tuck..

Just so you know Stiller Derrick Harvey CANNOT PLAY 3 TECH. I mean my god, where the **** do you come up with crazy ideas. Get out of your fantasy world and learn how to make actual picks that make sense.

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 02:33 PM
OTC Gonzo ..

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Picked. Glad the last of the top OT's fell to me. I got screwed by that horrendous Derrick Harvey pick but he probably would have been gone anyways.

WMD
04-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Picked. Glad the last of the top OT's fell to me. I got screwed by that horrendous Derrick Harvey pick but he probably would have been gone anyways.

Derrick Harvey wouldn't have made it past #15

Hines
04-15-2008, 03:42 PM
What is the time limit?

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 03:45 PM
I figured Harvey would be gone. Oh well, I got Otah at least who is pretty damn awesome and can step in a be my starting RT from day one.

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Why would you pick Otah over Matt Ryan? Oh wait... ;)

diabsoule
04-15-2008, 04:08 PM
So far so good on the picks.

The biggest reach so far is Derrick Harvey to the Broncos. I'm completely baffled by that move but it is something I can see Denver doing.

Just like all mocks the fall of Matt Ryan has surprised me.

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Wasn't Ryan taken at 3?

rockio42
04-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Wasn't Ryan taken at 3?

haha yah he was...

fed36
04-15-2008, 04:21 PM
So far so good on the picks.

The biggest reach so far is Derrick Harvey to the Broncos. I'm completely baffled by that move but it is something I can see Denver doing.

Just like all mocks the fall of Matt Ryan has surprised me.

I agree - how in the world did Matt Ryan fall all the way down to #3

Absolutely INCREDULOUS!!!!! (insert sarcasm here)

diabsoule
04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I agree - how in the world did Matt Ryan fall all the way down to #3

Absolutely INCREDULOUS!!!!! (insert sarcasm here)

My bad. I must've overlooked him and thought he was still on the board.

BeerBaron
04-15-2008, 04:50 PM
My bad. I must've overlooked him and thought he was still on the board.

oh no, i took the ravens to make damn sure that didnt happen again. turns out i didnt even need to, lol.

fed36
04-15-2008, 06:14 PM
i think it has been more than two hours for the eagles - should we skip them

Fischbowl - what do you think?

DJC
04-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Im ready to pick at #20

fed36
04-15-2008, 06:20 PM
and i am obviously ready to go at 21

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 06:21 PM
I say you pick. Fisch is sick and I think out but he does follow a strict time limit.

fed36
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
start it up then DJC

DJC
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Should we just give Philly someone to keep some realism?

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 06:27 PM
I would think so. Who does everyone think they will take?

DJC
04-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Give them Desean

fed36
04-15-2008, 06:30 PM
i don't know normally i would agree - but fischbowl earlier said that WMD would be skipped - I think that is the way Fischbowl would have this mock run

fed36
04-15-2008, 06:31 PM
but i will second the desean vote as well

BeerBaron
04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
sure, desean. works for me to keep us going

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Desean. I think someone should just post Deseas as the pick.

Wootylicous
04-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Desean to the Eagles ? If it's ok I'm gonna post the pick.

regoob2
04-15-2008, 06:54 PM
ravens pick is in.

its funny, i took the ravens so that i could be damn sure that ryan won't unrealistically fall. i got a picture, photobucketed it, got all ready to post it....realized ryan was already taken. lol.

oh well....still didnt have to worry about him
LOL, nice.

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 07:00 PM
DeSean is fine

Sorry all I was asleep.

If the Eagles ever run out again the GM's SN is blew1091.

fed36
04-15-2008, 07:04 PM
skins pick is in - i went with balmer over campbell because the d-line could use help all over - and balmer can play DE and DT.

But honestly i did not want either that much - all the players I really wanted were gone - you bastards

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Woot is out and I have Hines' BB.

To All Those Sending BB's:

Please send them to at least 2 people on the committee (WMD, Me, Woot, Prince, Diab). I think fed and Gonzo can take BB's too.

fed36
04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
sure anyone can send me a BB if they want

fed36
04-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Fischbowl

what is your official call on people who do not make their pick in time and have not sent a BB to anyone,

skip em or pick for em

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Fischbowl

what is your official call on people who do not make their pick in time and have not sent a BB to anyone,

skip em or pick for em

skip them in the 1st and 2nd

pick for them 3rd and on.

fed36
04-15-2008, 07:33 PM

done and done

Thunder&Lightning
04-15-2008, 07:50 PM
hopefully we can get to the bolts pick by 10:00 est

CT Bronco Fan
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Harvey for Denver? <scratches head> WTH?

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Aparently he can play DT for you.

CT Bronco Fan
04-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Well our DT's were pretty bad. Harvey is a very nice player. But with Williams and Clady on the board, in a position of much greater need, it really is hard to justify passing on them. Hell, pick a WR, RB, reach on Balmer, maybe take Mayo, or Phillips, even DRC, but not another DE. DE is one of the very few positions, that we DON'T really need early in the draft.

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Harvey cannot play DT, so it was a horrendous pick.

fenikz
04-15-2008, 09:55 PM
good pick for Seattle, i don't know why more people don't put him there in there mocks

rockio42
04-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Jags pick is up, sorry i was late, i had meetings all night

fed36
04-15-2008, 09:59 PM
i actually think you made it right at the two hour mark

rockio42
04-15-2008, 10:02 PM
i made it at 9:56 i believe and I got a pm saying it was 30 minutes at 9:26, so yah i think so

fischbowl
04-15-2008, 10:07 PM
clock is off for the night.

diabsoule
04-15-2008, 10:39 PM
People need to start sending in their big boards.

Thunder&Lightning
04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
my pick is in sorry took so long...

Hines
04-16-2008, 08:17 AM
I wont be on for long during the day because I am just starting a job, but I do send it BBs to Fisch so it will go by fast for me.

Shane P. Hallam
04-16-2008, 08:19 AM
The Pubestache a working man!

Thunder&Lightning
04-16-2008, 08:22 AM
The Pubestache a working man!

hahahahaha

fed36
04-16-2008, 10:42 AM
It has been over two hours for Menardo and the 49ers - and i think we should skip him for now

I will post a spot on the thread that reserves a spot for the 49ers pick and then when he comes back we can add it in.

I believe green bay is after the 49ers - i don;t recall who the GM - but whoever it is get ready to make your pick

Menardo when you sign back on - PM Fischbowl and me who you wanted your pick to be and we will add it to the thread - also put a post on this thread to let everyone know you are back and who your pick was

diabsoule
04-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Please people. ******* send in a big board. If you want to be remembered for being a crappy GM then don't send one in. If you want a spot in any other forum mocks then follow the ******* rules and send in a big board.

That's why fisch assigned a committee. Use us. That's why we're here. But if you don't want to then fine. Your only ******* yourself.

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Why don't we just come up with a consensus choice for the 49ers???

diabsoule
04-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Why don't we just come up with a consensus choice for the 49ers???

I'm down with that. I think that's what we should do if people don't make their pick.

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 11:08 AM
I say Cliff Avril (OLB) or Dre Moore (DE) for the 49ers

fed36
04-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I asked Fischbowl what he wants to do in this situation and here was response.

I agree with Fischbowl - it keeps it like the real draft - you don't make it to the podium in time - they skip over you

Originally Posted by fed36
Fischbowl

skip em or pick for em

diabsoule
04-16-2008, 11:16 AM
I say Cliff Avril (OLB) or Dre Moore (DE) for the 49ers

I was thinking Cliff Avril or Mario Manningham

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I was thinking Cliff Avril or Mario Manningham

they need that rush OLB more than WR, IMO, and we both agree on Avril as an option so shall we give him to them?

diabsoule
04-16-2008, 11:20 AM
they need that rush OLB more than WR, IMO, and we both agree on Avril as an option so shall we give him to them?

Sounds good to me.

Wootylicous
04-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Nope skip them for round 1 fisch said.

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 11:46 AM
I was really ready to pick Tracy Porter instead of Smith and hope that Tyrell Johnson falls our pick in the 2nd, but I really couldn't see that happening with the lack of safeties in this draft.

diabsoule
04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
**** it. I picked for the 49ers. Me and Pf28 decided on Cliff Avril. If their not happy with it then they should have sent in a BB but it is no fair to punish someone who might be in school or have something unexpected to come up.

fed36
04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
**** it. I picked for the 49ers. Me and Pf28 decided on Cliff Avril. If their not happy with it then they should have sent in a BB but it is no fair to punish someone who might be in school or have something unexpected to come up.

it is fair - if they did not send in a BB

plus Fischbowl had specifically stated that they should be skipped in the first and second.

i personally don't care - but we should honor the intent of the person who creates the mock - plain and simple - otherwise if there is no consensus - chaos takes over - and people begin to tune out more because they do not know what kind of protocol to expect from a mock

but i guess it is too late now - that is just my 2 cents worth

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Let's get round 2 rollin'

fed36
04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
i made the pick - now we have to wait for menardo again - if he does not make his pick we should SKIP the pick - and see if Fisch has a replacement GM for the 49ers and Rams

fed36
04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
also diabsoule - delete your post for 49ers - i added Avril to the spot I reserved for the 49ers - this keeps it in the correct order.

If you can't delete it - edit it to say "edit: delete" or ".........."

rockio42
04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Ill take over for the Rams and then gladly give the Panthers to someone else

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Ill take over for the Rams and then gladly give the Panthers to someone else

I'll take the Panthers from you

Jim Jim
04-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Round one was pretty interesting.

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I really think we should at least wait an hour or 2 just to give him a chance. I know I can't on here 24/7 and he should have sent in a BB, but human error is capable from all of us.

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I really think we should at least wait an hour or 2 just to give him a chance. I know I can't on here 24/7 and he should have sent in a BB, but human error is capable from all of us.

he is a 49ers fan so he will be keeping his own team while someone who may have more interest in the Rams could take over

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 12:54 PM
he is a 49ers fan so he will be keeping his own team while someone who may have more interest in the Rams could take over

Ok, I could buy that. Should we contact someone who's been in a forum mock before (like KCJ or Yoda) to see if they want to do this or just choose someone here?

fed36
give him a chance to show up first - i just sent him a pm to let him know the rams are otc - I know we all want to get this done

but we have to exercise just a little patience

princefielder28
Ok, I could buy that. Should we contact someone who's been in a forum mock before (like KCJ or Yoda) to see if they want to do this or just choose someone here?

rockio said he would be willing to take the rams and i would take the panthers off of rockio's hands

Dr. Gonzo
04-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Menardo????????????

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
rockio said he would be willing to take the rams and i would take the panthers off of rockio's hands

Sounds good to me.

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Menardo????????????

that is who currently selects for the Rams and 9ers

Dr. Gonzo
04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
It saddens me that he is no longer as awesome as he once was.

Jim Jim
04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
How much longer does he have?

Thunder&Lightning
04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
good job on round one fellas

fed36
04-16-2008, 01:47 PM
How much longer does he have?

menardo has about 50 minutes left to make his pick - if he does not make it we will skip the pick until Fisch designates the replacement GMs

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
This is ridiculous with Menardo. If he doesnt pick in the next soon, hes replaced.

The Eagles GM backed out so they are now a committee team.

Jim Jim
04-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I think I'm up?

fed36
04-16-2008, 02:44 PM
replace menardo at this point - i think we should skip his pick for noww

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 02:51 PM
i agree with fed. Jim Jim can pick

Jim Jim
04-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Pick is up in a timely fashion! =)

fed36
04-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey Fisch (or anyone else who has to deal with a missing GM)

hopefully we won't have to deal with a missing GM again - but in the event we do - I really like Fisch's plan of skipping their picks for round 1 & 2 (obviously they will be made if need be before round 3 begins) and to choose their choice for them from round 3 and on. I would also suggest if we have to skip a pick - someone place a post in the spot their pick would be saying "pick reserved for "TEAM NAME"" then when the GM shows up or we make the pick for them we can edit that post with the pick

This will keep the selection thread in the correct order and make it less confusing to look at.

Just a suggestion

fed36
04-16-2008, 03:26 PM
hey menardo is back - nice pick for the rams.

I am sure you did not miss your pick time by accident - something tells me you wanted to sign nicks for cheaper so you intentionally missed your pick.

good to have you back

if you want in the future just shoot fisch or I a BB for your picks

BeerBaron
04-16-2008, 05:54 PM
teh ravens pick be in

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Menardo up again

Thunder&Lightning
04-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey sorry i missed my pick guys had some **** to do... You guys want me me to make the pick with who is left or just go on...

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey sorry i missed my pick guys had some **** to do... You guys want me me to make the pick with who is left or just go on...

make it up.

fed36
04-16-2008, 07:51 PM
hey WMD

can you update the first post on the selection thread and put all the names of the players drafted so far

I know it is a ***** - i would do it - but I can't edit your post

Thanks

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 08:26 PM
who are we on???

fed36
04-16-2008, 08:33 PM
it is menardo with san fran

fed36
04-16-2008, 08:40 PM
It has been well over two hours again for menardo

I reserved a spot for his pick - but for now let skip em

I sent a PM to Diabsoule he is up next with the Saints

fed36
04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
menardo just PM me - We will post his pick now -

PF i saw you make saints pick - let us make San Fran's pick now

fed36
04-16-2008, 08:48 PM
OK

Fischbowl is up now with the Bills

does anyone have a big board from him? Is he around?

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 09:07 PM
sorry all, i was at Baseball practice. anyways pick in.

fed36
04-16-2008, 09:28 PM
no worries that wasn't long at all

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 09:33 PM
anxious to see what denver's next pick will be

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
i actually doubt we'll be seeing stiller for awhile so ill make the pick..

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 09:37 PM
i actually doubt we'll be seeing stiller for awhile so ill make the pick..

yeah, good call

Mr. Stiller
04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
what?
I'm here for the pick.

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
what?
I'm here for the pick.

nvm then...

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 09:44 PM
stiller take a look at pick 21

BeerBaron
04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
i pmed fisch my BB just in case though i plan to make the pick myself, so give me my fair time before using it

Mr. Stiller
04-16-2008, 09:53 PM
stiller take a look at pick 21

Fixed.........

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
clock is off for the night.

WMD can you please update the order

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 10:07 PM
weren't the panthers suppose to pick before the bears???

fischbowl
04-16-2008, 10:21 PM
true true. i apologize.

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 10:27 PM
1. Miami Dolphins: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
2. St. Louis Rams: Chris Long, DE, Virginia
3. Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
4. Oakland Raiders: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Branden Albert, OG/OT, Virginia
6. New York Jets: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
7. New England Patriots (f/ SF): Vernon Gholston, OLB/DE, Ohio State
8. Baltimore Ravens: Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
10. New Orleans Saints: Keith Rivers, LB, USC
11. Buffalo Bills: Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
12. Denver Broncos: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
13. Carolina Panthers: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
14. Chicago Bears: Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
15. Detroit Lions: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
16. Arizona Cardinals: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State
17. Minnesota Vikings: Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
18. Houston Texans: Mike Jenkins, CB, USF
19. Philadelphia Eagles: DeSean Jackson, WR, California
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
21. Washington Redskins: Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
22. Dallas Cowboys (f/ CLE): Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
24. Tennessee Titans: Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
25. Seattle Seahawks: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
26. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
27. San Diego Chargers: Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
28. Dallas Cowboys: Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
29. San Francisco 49ers (f/ IND): Cliff Avril, DE/OLB, Purdue
30. Green Bay Packers: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
*New England Patriots forfeited pick due to videotaping signals*
31. New York Giants: Reggie Smith, S, Oklahoma

2nd Round

32. Miami Dolphins: Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee
33. St. Louis Rams: Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska
34. Atlanta Falcons (f/ OAK): Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
35. Kansas City Chiefs: Brian Brohm, QB, louisville
36. New York Jets: James Hardy, WR, Indiana
37. Atlanta Falcons: Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
38. Baltimore Ravens: Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
39. San Francisco 49ers: Sam Baker, OT, USC
40. New Orleans Saints: Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
41. Buffalo Bills: Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
42. Denver Broncos: Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
43. Carolina Panthers
44. Chicago Bears
45. Detroit Lions
46. Cincinnati Bengals
47. Minnesota Vikings
48. Atlanta Falcons (f/ HOU)
49. Philadelphia Eagles
50. Arizona Cardinals
51. Washington Redskins
52. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
53. Pittsburgh Steelers
54. Tennessee Titans
55. Seattle Seahawks
56. Green Bay Packers (f/ CLE)
57. Miami Dolphins (f/ SD)
58. Jacksonville Jaguars
59. Indianapolis Colts
60. Green Bay Packers
61. Dallas Cowboys
62. New England Patriots
63. New York Giants

There's an update

rockio42
04-17-2008, 08:41 AM
So panthers are up, don't sweat it Bears Flacco isnt my pick

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I have the Bengals BB

rockio42
04-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Who is up??

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Who is up??

Gonzo and the Vikings

rockio42
04-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Did you PM him

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Did you PM him

yep that's taken care of

rockio42
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
How long has he been on the clock

Dr. Gonzo
04-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Sorry about the wait. I didn't think it would be my pick until later tody and I have been so busy studying for exams I forgot to send a BB.

fed36
04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Vikings just made their pick - JimJim with Atlanta is up now

Jim Jim
04-17-2008, 12:56 PM
My pick is up on time like always. Power to the people~!

fischbowl
04-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Im gonna be gone for till tonight from about 4:30 on.

I have a game and its my sister's bday.

fenikz
04-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Cards pick is up

Washington is OTC

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Cards pick is up

Washington is OTC

nice choice

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
I have a BB from DJC

fed36
04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Skins pick is up

DJC is up next with Tampa

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Seattle is OTC!

MetSox17
04-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Actively shopping Ron Artest/ Pretty much any other player on the roster
for a pick in the middle of the first round.

Hit me up if you're interested!
I'm willing to negotiate!

WMD
04-17-2008, 05:21 PM

Wrong thread.. haha

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Seattle has 1/2 hour to pick

I have a BB from DJC but I believe it was only for Tampa Bay

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I am going to go ahead and pick seeing as 2 hours have passed

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
WMD, Molden is the Packers pick not Seattle

MetSox17
04-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Wrong thread.. haha

lmao, my bad..

rockio42
04-17-2008, 07:11 PM

thats pretty bad

DragonMekha
04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Man you guys have butchered the Eagles draft so far haha. Ouch.

Turtlepower
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Dolphins have 30 minutes to pick. Guys, send BBs please!!!!!

princefielder28
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Seattle never made a pick

BeerBaron
04-17-2008, 10:22 PM

they jumped back in with caldwell. i think its jax now

rockio42
04-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Sweeeet, pick should be up in a couple of minutes

rockio42
04-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Jaguars pick is up

DJC
04-18-2008, 06:40 AM

You have my BB for them too, its the same as the Bucs. I forgot to tell you I was both in the PM I sent you.

Wootylicous
04-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Colts skipped. Green Bay can pick.

princefielder28
04-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Colts skipped. Green Bay can pick.

awesome...pick will be up in a bit

fischbowl
04-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Sorry all, I had a pretty busy day yesterday.

Dr. Gonzo
04-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Am I up yet? Sorry, I have been busy moving and I forgot to send a BB?

Wootylicous
04-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Didn't Dre Moore got already picked by a team ?

princefielder28
04-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Didn't Dre Moore got already picked by a team ?

yes...new orleans i believe did so

fischbowl
04-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Pick changed

BeerBaron
04-18-2008, 07:22 PM
sent fisch my bears BB for pick 70. pester him about if it comes up and im not around

Jim Jim
04-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Well, snap. The guys I had my eye on all went in a five pick radius!

Menardo75
04-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey fellas sorry this week has been nuts there should be no more really long waits sorry about all that.

diabsoule
04-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Just send me a msg when I'm on the clock.

BaLLiN
04-19-2008, 10:48 AM
good job so far guys, like both San Diego and Giant picks

diabsoule
04-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I didn't think Tracy Porter would fall that far.

Thunder&Lightning
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
my pick is in sorry took so long

Jim Jim
04-19-2008, 01:35 PM
How much longer does Carolina have?

diabsoule
04-19-2008, 04:52 PM
New England has had a terrific draft so far.

And Matt Forte to the Bears is an incredible pick.

Jim Jim
04-19-2008, 04:55 PM
I really dig the Green Bay draft. I think it's been fantastic so far.

fed36
04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
it is the third round now - so instead of skipping people we should pick for them if they take too long - it will speed this up

who do people think carolina should take since they were skipped earliert

fed36
04-19-2008, 09:02 PM
my vote is we give them Kevin Smith from Central Florida
if anyone seconds it I will post it for them

diabsoule
04-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I say that we give Carolina S Tyrell Johnson.

fischbowl
04-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Second. (10 char) <- Tyrell

BeerBaron
04-19-2008, 09:44 PM
id say tyrell too

diabsoule
04-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Let's go ahead and give them Tyrell Johnson.

And btw, I am surprised as all hell that Pittsburgh's GM hasn't addressed their O-Line yet.

fed36
04-19-2008, 10:35 PM
did anyone post carolina's pick

diabsoule
04-20-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm ready w/ the Bengals and Saints pick once Detroit posts theirs.

diabsoule
04-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Was Schuening picked by the 49ers or Jaguars?

fischbowl
04-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Niners. This is pretty dead, i'm really sorry

diabsoule
04-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Niners. This is pretty dead, i'm really sorry

it's not your fault. Next time I'd pick the GM's a little more carefully.

Dr. Gonzo
04-20-2008, 05:45 PM
I kept checking back for my pick but it was never up. I take some blame for not leaving a big board for my 1st and 2nd. It was fun while it lasted.

rockio42
04-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry about the Panthers pick, my power got knocked out by a god damn earthquake, what the **** is up with that