Defensive Frosh of the Year: Daquan Bowers DE Clemson

Thoughts?

lordquas
04-13-2008, 08:38 PM
knowshon moreno > leSean mccoy

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Hines,

Who else would you have considered for QB?

Hines
04-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Hines,

Who else would you have considered for QB?

Tebow, maybe White depending on Whites season.

bored of education
04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Preseason All American Pubestache Team

Qb, Seth Harris

lordquas
04-13-2008, 08:43 PM
yeah i really dont get how tebow isnt #1 QB

waaaaaaaack

BPhilb
04-13-2008, 08:45 PM
You meant William Moore at safety. Franklin was a wide reciever. I think Tebow, Daniels, and Bradford all will be in the mix at QB but Stafford is a solid choice. It's a good list overall, but I would look for Jeremy Maclin to emerge as a top WR. He apparently has seen that he has a great opprotunity at the next level and apparently has taken a giant step in his route running in spring ball according to the Mizzou coaching staff.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I think Stafford will have a huge year, especially with all the attention defenses will give to Knowshon Moreno.

Who are some of Georgia's wide receivers?

Hines
04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
yeah i really dont get how tebow isnt #1 QB

waaaaaaaack

It is my own opinion and I think Stafford will be better. If you are so smart and non wack, make your own list.

Hines
04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I think Stafford will have a huge year, especially with all the attention defenses will give to Knowshon Moreno.

Mohamed Massaquoi and a stud WR coming in Tavares King. Not really all the talent in the world for the corps, but they get the job done.

Stafford also has Caleb King to throw too as well. King will be backing up Moreno and get some carries I believe during the season.

504 to ATL
04-13-2008, 08:52 PM
DT Ricky Jean-Francois anyone? No suspension this year haha.

keylime_5
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Tebow and Duke Robinson are mortal locks for AA as long as they don't get hurt. I think your guy Maurice Evans might be there as well, plus Herman Johnson.

princefielder28
04-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Cal C Alex Mack has to be on there

Hines
04-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Tebow and Duke Robinson are mortal locks for AA as long as they don't get hurt. I think your guy Maurice Evans might be there as well, plus Herman Johnson.

While I like both of them, I think Stafford will lead his team to the NC and that will bring voters along. Evans is good, but I can see Sapp, Hardy, Griffen, Middleton, and Selvie having better years.

Hines
04-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Cal C Alex Mack has to be on there

Ah I forgot about him. Next year could be a solid center class with Luigis, Mack, and Caldwell.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
good list.Although Id have Sydquan Thompson over Davis at CB.

BigJohn98
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Nigel Bradham will see a lot of PT and could possibly be defensive freshman of the year. As for QB, it has to be Tebow.

draftguru151
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
I definitely like Stafford more than Tebow but I find it hard to really put him over Tebow on any type of college list. Stafford's receivers are really going to hold him back statistically, not to mention how much Georgia is going to run the ball and how UF runs the offense through Tebow.

Edit: I'll do my own one real quick.

QB- Tim Tebow
RB- Chris Wells/Knowshon Moreno
WR- Michael Crabtree/Jeremy Maclin
TE- Travis Beckum
OL- Michael Oher/Andre Smith/Phil Loadholt/Duke Robinson/Alex Mack

DL- George Selvie/Ricky Sapp/Maurice Evans/Terrance Taylor
LB- Rey Maualuga/James Laurinaitis/Brandon Spikes
DB- Malcolm Jenkins/Vontae Davis/Nic Harris/Williams Moore

BigJohn98
04-13-2008, 09:04 PM

AJ Green....

Hines
04-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Nigel Bradham will see a lot of PT and could possibly be defensive freshman of the year. As for QB, it has to be Tebow.

While Bradham will be good and may get a lot of PT, I see Bowers as a superstar in his days in college. I see him having a bigger impact then Gaines Adams.

Hines
04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
AJ Green....

**** I forgot about Green as well. Damn I knew I was forgetting about somebody.

keylime_5
04-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Stafford might go to the NC, but his stats won't be good enough from what I've seen of him. He has a great arm and can make some big plays, but he's not anywhere near being a superstar QB yet like Tebow already is as a sophomore. I don't even think Stafford will be 2nd or 3rd team AA. I think Boeckman has a better shot than him, I think Todd will have a big senior year - 25 Tds/5ints kind of stats (though I don't really think Todd will be an AA either). No way does Stafford make AA over Tebow, Chase Daniel, and Sam Bradford barring a huge jump over what I saw in him last season.

neko4
04-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Any chance Colt McCoy gets back to form?

Will Graham Harrell get Colt Brennan recognition?

BaLLiN
04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
when did Eric Berry move back to safety? I thought he'd still be at CB even though he was recruited as a safety.

BigJohn98
04-13-2008, 09:15 PM
when did Eric Berry move back to safety? I thought he'd still be at CB even though he was recruited as a safety.

Eric Berry played his whole freshman year at safety.

holt_bruce81
04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin, William Moore, Chase Coffman and Sean Weatherspoon have a chance to be All-Americans for Mizzou.

Cigaro
04-13-2008, 09:49 PM
My list:

QB: Chase Daniel Missouri
RB: Chris Wells Ohio State
RB: Knowshon Moreno Georgia
WR: Percy Harvin Florida
WR: Michael Crabtree Texas Tech
TE: Travis Beckham Wisconsin
T: Michael Oher Ole Miss
T: Andre Smith Alabama
G: Jeremy Perry Oregon State
G: Cedric Dockery Texas
C: Antoine Caldwell Alabama

DE: Tyson Jackson LSU
DT: Fili Moala USC
DT: Sen'Derrick Marks Auburn
DE: George Selvie South Florida
LB: James Laurinaitis Ohio State
LB: Rey Maualuga USC
LB: Jasper Brinkley South Carolina
CB: Malcolm Jenkins Ohio State
S: Eric Berry Tennessee
S: Emmanuel Cook South Carolina
CB: Captain Munnerlyn South Carolina

K: Sam Swank Wake Forest
P: Louie Sakoda Utah
RS: Jeremy Maclin Missouri

Offensive Frosh of the Year: AJ Green Georgia
Defensive Frosh of the Year: Patrick Johnson LSU

asmitty45
04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Javon ringer should at least get some notice here, he's not going to make the cut, but he is set up to have a monster season.

Also i think Knowshon is > Lesean and im not sure that terrance taylor is 1st team worthy, hes pretty good but im not sure about 1st team all-american

Michigan
04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
By what I'm hearing, Terrence Taylor won't be an all-american unless he really steps up his intensity. He certainly has the talent, but showed modest effort in practices and was replaced on first team for the spring game (likely as a motivational ploy).

Only guy I would consider for AA on Michigan is our punter, Zoltan Mesko.

04-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Darrell Scott = offensive frosh of year

Solomon
04-14-2008, 01:26 AM
So hard to pick a list like this because every year there are loads of deserving guys. But still fun! My list (the original poster's pick in parenthesis)

QB: Tim Tebow, Florida (Matthew Stafford Georgia)
RB: Chris Wells, Ohio State
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Georgia (LeSean McCoy Pittsburgh)
WR: Percy Harvin, Florida (Darius Heyward-Bey Maryland, nice pro prospect but I'll be surprised if his stats stand out in relation to some other top WRs)
WR: Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
TE: Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma (Travis Beckum Wisconsin)
T: Michael Oher, Ole Miss
T: Andrew Gardner, Georgia Tech (Andre Smith Alabama) [Ciron Black, Phil Loadholt, Alex Boone, Eugene Monroe and Russel Okung make this a fun position to keep an eye out for all year long]
G: Duke Robinson, Oklahoma (Cedric Dockery Texas) [Herman Johnson should get lots of pub as well]
C: Alex Mack (Antoine Caldwell Alabama) [should be a battle between these two guys and Luigs and Max Unger if he plays C again]

DL: Maurice Evans, PSU (Ricky Sapp Clemson)
DL: Terrill Byrd, Cincinnatti (Fili Moala USC)
DL: Geno Atkins, Georgia (Terrance Taylor Michigan)
DL: George Selvie South Florida

LB: Gerald McRath, Southern Miss (Dary Beckwith LSU)

S: Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech (William Moore Missouri) [should be lots of competition with Taylor Mays, Nic Harris, Derek Pegues and Michael Hamlin getting alot of preseason acclaim as well]
S: Eric Berry Tennessee
CB: Vontae Davis Illinois

K: Sam Swank, Wake Forest (Thomas Weber Arizona State)
P: Chris Miller, Ball State (Louie Sakoda Utah)
RS: Jeremy Maclin, Missouri (Percy Harvin Florida)

georgiafan
04-14-2008, 07:56 AM

I'll give a quick review of the Georgia WR's

Mohamed Massaqoui - 6'2 198 lbs Sr.- Will be the #1 WR and bounced back last year from a bad sophmore year. He leads the returning WR's with 32 catches, 491 yards and 2 TD. He should be drafted somewhere in 2009, but not high.

AJ Green - 6'4 190 Fr. -The mega recruit that everyone knows about that is expected to come in right away and push for a starting job.

Kris Durham - 6'5 195 Jr. - He has excellent size and has the best hands on the team. The coaches say he keeps on getting better and he ended the year with a solid game agianst Hawaii. Look for him to make the biggest improvment for any of the WR.

Kennith Harris - 6'3 214 Sr. He hasn't made much of impact yet, but will be given a chance this year.

Mikey Moore - 6'2 195 Jr.- Like Harris he hasn't done much at Georgia, but he did have 2 TD's in the spring game so hopefully he will build on that.

Tony Wilson - 5'11 205 So. - He had a solid freshman year catching 12 passes for 124 yards as a backup. He is one of the best blocking WR we have had in years. He broke his legs in the spring, but is expected to be back by fall

Tavarres King- 6'1 170 Fr. - A 4 star recuit that broke GA high school records this past year. He enrolled in school early and had a good spring. Look for him to be a slot WR

Walter Hill - 6'4 205 Fr. - This is a guy with alot of upside he was a QB in high school and orginally commited to the UGA basketball team. I don't know if he will make a impact this year, but the coaches and players rave about him.

TE Tripp Chandler - 6'6 253 Sr.- Last year was his first year starting and struggled with drops early on. He did seem to put the drops behind him and finished the year off strong. He ended up with 21 catches, 283 yards and 2 TD. He is a solid starting TE and another guy that should get drafted late.

M.O.T.H.
04-14-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree w/ Cigaro. Both Captain Munnerlyn and Emanuel Cook should be considered here. They are arguablly the top players at their respective positions in the SEC.

As for another Gamecock...Ryan Succop should garner some attention at K, imo.

catcher_0_3
04-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Mohamed Massaquoi and a stud WR coming in Tavares King. Not really all the talent in the world for the corps, but they get the job done.

Stafford also has Caleb King to throw too as well. King will be backing up Moreno and get some carries I believe during the season.

Wow I'm surprised to see someone mention Tavarres King before A.J. Green, but I tend to agree with you. A.J. Green will have his day in the Georgia uniform, but I see too much depth for him to jump during the summer alone. On the other hand I think Tavarres really helped himself get immediate playing time by coming in early. The only thing that could hamper Georgia offensively is if the O-line doesn't gel like expected. O yea, watch out for stud QB Logan Gray to get some snaps and utilize his speed Tim Tebow freshman year-esque.

Hines
04-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Wow I'm surprised to see someone mention Tavarres King before A.J. Green, but I tend to agree with you. A.J. Green will have his day in the Georgia uniform, but I see too much depth for him to jump during the summer alone. On the other hand I think Tavarres really helped himself get immediate playing time by coming in early. The only thing that could hamper Georgia offensively is if the O-line doesn't gel like expected. O yea, watch out for stud QB Logan Gray to get some snaps and utilize his speed Tim Tebow freshman year-esque.

I totally forgot about Green when I was naming WRs but I think in order for Green to have a instant impact, he needs to gain 20-25 pounds. Maybe even 30 to be successful.

Cigaro
04-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I agree w/ Cigaro. Both Captain Munnerlyn and Emanuel Cook should be considered here. They are arguablly the top players at their respective positions in the SEC.

As for another Gamecock...Ryan Succop should garner some attention at K, imo.

Yea, seeing as how both were All-SEC last year as true sophmores, I can only see improvement. Defensive back is kind of weak this year, so I had to mention him. Surprised Jasper Brinkley is getting no love. His first year at SC he was All-SEC, and was dominant in what little time he played last year.

Forgot about Ryan Succop. He's already proven to have the talent to be one of the best kickers in the nation, but saw his production decrease when he literally handeled every single kickoff/punt/field goal/extra point. That can really wear down a leg. Hopefully with him no longer being forced to handle every kicking duty, and one of the best special teams coaches in the nation, he can finally show what he can really do.

Don Vito
04-14-2008, 05:50 PM
QB: Tim Tebow UF
RB: Chris Wells Ohio State
RB: Knowshon Moreno UGA
WR: Percy Harvin UF
TE: Travis Beckum Wisconsin
T: Mike Oher Ole Miss
G: Duke Robinson OU
G: Jeremy Perry Oregon St.
C: Antoine Caldwell Alabama
All-Purpose: Jeremy Maclin Mizzou

DE: Geroge Selvie USF
DE: Gerg Hardy Ole Miss
DT: Terrence Taylor Mich
DT: Terrell Byrd Cincinatti
LB: Brian Cushing USC
S: William Moore Missouri
S: Kam Chancellor VT

Offensive Frosh of the Year: Josh Haden BC
Defensive Frosh of the Year: Marcus Forston

M.O.T.H.
04-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Yea, seeing as how both were All-SEC last year as true sophmores, I can only see improvement. Defensive back is kind of weak this year, so I had to mention him. Surprised Jasper Brinkley is getting no love. His first year at SC he was All-SEC, and was dominant in what little time he played last year.

Forgot about Ryan Succop. He's already proven to have the talent to be one of the best kickers in the nation, but saw his production decrease when he literally handeled every single kickoff/punt/field goal/extra point. That can really wear down a leg. Hopefully with him no longer being forced to handle every kicking duty, and one of the best special teams coaches in the nation, he can finally show what he can really do.

I love Jasper but, you never know w/ those knee injuries. He's a guy you hate to doubt, though.

etk
04-14-2008, 06:38 PM
These are more like postseason but w/e...

QB: Chase Daniel (Tim Tebow plays us so he can't make it)
RB: Chris Wells
RB: DeMarco Murray (I like Moreno but I see his carries diminishing)
WR: Michael Crabtree
WR: Jarett Dillard - production is everything with AA receivers
TE: Travis Beckum - I expect to see some records broken
T: Phil Loadholt - he should put it together with more experience
T: Andre Smith
G: Herman Johnson
G: Jeremy Perry - unlikely that 2 OU linemen get picked, and I take PL over DR
C: Alex Mack

DE: Maurice Evans
DE: Allen Bailey - just you wait...
DT: Fili Moala
DT: Ricky Jean Francois - just you wait...
LB: Rey Maualaga
LB: Pilejumper, lol. Ask SNIPER if you don't know....
LB: Sergio Kindle if he actually plays
CB: Malcolm Jenkins
CB: Vontae Davis/Alphonso Smith (tie)
S: William Moore
S: Emanuel Cook - absolute frickin beast

Unbiased
04-14-2008, 08:32 PM
good list.Although Id have Sydquan Thompson over Davis at CB.

I disagree.

YAYareaRB
04-14-2008, 08:55 PM
My list:

QB: Sam Bradford Oklahoma
RB: Knowshon Moreno Georgia
RB: Beanie Wells Ohio State
WR: Brandon Lafell LSU
TE: Dennis Pitta BYU
T: Michael Oher Ole Miss
G: Ciron Black LSU
C: Alex Mack Cal

DE: Tyson Jackson LSU
DT: Fili Moala USC
DT: Marvin Austin North Carolina
DE: George Selvie South Florida
LB: Dary Beckwith LSU
S: Nic Harris Oklahoma
S: Taylor Mays USC

K: Thomas Weber Arizona State
P: Louie Sakoda Utah
RS: Percy Harvin Florida

Offensive Frosh of the Year: Julio Jones WR Alabama
Defensive Frosh of the Year: Daquan Bowers DE Clemso

Unbiased
04-14-2008, 10:47 PM
WR: Brandon Lafell LSU

Explain yourself.

YAYareaRB
04-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Explain yourself.

I'm a LSU homer and I think he'll break out next season! lol

Hines
04-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I think Allen Bailey is a straight up monster. Maybe next year AA, but this year, too much talent IMO.

Gchu83
04-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Any chance Colt McCoy gets back to form?

Will Graham Harrell get Colt Brennan recognition?

I don't think Colt can play any worse than he did last season. He lost some big weapons in Charles, Sweed, and Finley though.

Also look out for Brian Orakpo (DE Texas), he's a beast that should play really well under Muschamp.

Solomon
04-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Wow, even a preseason All-SEC team looks like an All-American team except for a few guys who would probably make everyone's AA list (Crabtree, Laurinaitis, Maualuga, Jenkins etc).

QB Tim Tebow
FB Brannon Southerland
RB Knowshon Moreno

WR Percy Harvin
WR Kenny McKinnley
TE Cornelius Ingram

OL Mike Oher
OL Andre Smith
C Jon Luigs
OL Herman Johnson
OL Ciron Black

DE Tyson Jackson
DT Sen'Derrick Marks
DT Geno Atkins
DE Greg Hardy

OLB Rico McCoy
ILB Brandon Spikes
OLB Dannell Ellerbe

CB Captain Munnerlyn
S Eric Berry
S Derek Pegues
CB DJ Moore

proshoota25
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
gotta have percy harvin on the WR list, hes phenomenal

Menardo75
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Duke Robinson And Phil Loadholt for OU should both be one their they are two of the best at their positions

Unbiased
04-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Unbiased's 1st Team All American list:

QB: Tim Tebow, JR, Florida
RB: Chris Wells, JR, Ohio State
RB: Knowshon Moreno, SO, Georgia
WR: Percy Harvin, JR, Florida
WR: Michael Crabtree, SO, Texas Tech
TE: Travis Beckum, SR, Wisconsin
OT: Michael Oher, SR, Ole Miss
OT: Andre Smith, JR, Alabama
OG: Duke Robinson, SR, Oklahoma