todays his birthday hes 40
did he retire? he's still on the roster on there site
nothing in the news did he goto OTA any new if hes playing this year
Maybe they can bring him in on some plays Rodgers|Washington|Williams
would be a nice dline they could to give Rodgers break with Washington
so he doesnt tire out so quickly

bored of education
04-13-2008, 10:01 PM
He is so frigging old and huge just in case no one knew that!

The Legend
04-13-2008, 10:04 PM
he Turn 40 Today and hes only 375 pounds lol

bored of education
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Jesus H Christ what a monster he is

niel89
04-13-2008, 10:13 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/peter_king/07/29/browns.postcard/T1_0729_washington.jpg

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Still listed on the Browns roster. Here is his bio.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/player.php?id=487

LonghornsLegend
04-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Ted Washington=Monster

Beast is certainly not on his level.

lordquas
04-13-2008, 10:51 PM
hall of famer?

kalbears13
04-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Well as of now he is still on the team. I haven't heard anything to think anything different.

yourfavestoner
04-13-2008, 11:42 PM
hall of famer?

Definitely not. He was a great 3-4 NT for a few years, but I don't think anybody would say he was one of the best and most dominant players of all time.

Thunder&Lightning
04-14-2008, 06:52 AM
hall of famer?

No way.

375 lbs. at the age of 40 might have some health problems in the future...

Sveen
04-14-2008, 07:04 AM
I believe he is still a free agent.

keylime_5
04-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Washington is an unrestricted free agent, his contract ran out and we aren't gonna resign him and I doubt anyone else does either. He didn't do anything last year in the few games he played before we put him on the IR. He's done. And the 375 is generous, he's probably around 400 or so in reality. I like big Ted, but he's not gonna play again and is useless if he does except maybe as a player-coach.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Was great in his prime, but he's done. he needs to hang it up, and get in shape for his long term health. he's not a healthy person right now.

TheBuffaloBills
04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
He probably had a blazing 40 time in the combine

DawgBone
04-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Both Ted Washington and Willie mcGinest have taken coaching classes outside of football in the offseasons in past years. Once they signed with the Browns it was clear that they would help Romeo in an apprentiship role coaching until they felt they could get there own jobs. Ted Washington is a FA for the Browns but most people exspect he will be helping with a coaching role on our DL. Wlillie will do something simular with the LB's once he retires. Both have played for Romeo in the past and are known as great football minds and leaders at their positions. When they signed Romeo was glad to have them on board for the ladder of their careers, but exspected they would help coach one day.

SenorGato
04-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Both Ted Washington and Willie mcGinest have taken coaching classes outside of football in the offseasons in past years. Once they signed with the Browns it was clear that they would help Romeo in an apprentiship role coaching until they felt they could get there own jobs. Ted Washington is a FA for the Browns but most people exspect he will be helping with a coaching role on our DL. Wlillie will do something simular with the LB's once he retires. Both have played for Romeo in the past and are known as great football minds and leaders at their positions. When they signed Romeo was glad to have them on board for the ladder of their careers, but exspected they would help coach one day.

Nothing to do with this thread but this is what excites me the most about guys like David Harris, Patrick Willis, Richard Seymour, and DeMarcus Ware. All those guys adjusted quickly to the ridiculous amount of responsibility they were handed very early in their careers.

All jumped right in and became leaders and top players on their respective D's. All handled assignments and showed versatilities even veterans have trouble with. While people screamed for Ware to be biltzed more, he was busy learning to handle the very wide array of assignments a true 3-4 OLB has to handle. Seymour lined up everywhere for the Patriots, and basically was a dominant player and leader from day 1. Harris and Willis look to be the best 3-4 ILBs we'll be watching for a long time.

Football is just so complex that elite talents with coaches heads hold significant value for so ridiculously long. Thats how coaches build trees and "spread their word." BB may be a hated man, but I think in the future his coaching tree will be absolutely sick. Seeing as the Jets have a coach that just might be a significant piece of that tree, it's exciting to see.

/End rant.

3-4 love, you know. Obviously theres 4-3 guys like this...

EvilMonkey
04-15-2008, 10:27 AM
He probably had a blazing 40 time in the combine

I think he got just under 7.0....

wind-aided of course

MetSox17
04-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I think he got just under 7.0....

wind-aided of course

lol.

How about this; Who would win in the 40 yard dash?

Ted Washington vs. Relay team of Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles? (one would have to finish before the other started)

hmmm..

tjpackers
04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
the browns website says he started one game and played in 5 last year but only had 9 tackles and no sacks

CC.SD
04-15-2008, 12:20 PM
lol.

How about this; Who would win in the 40 yard dash?

Ted Washington vs. Relay team of Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles? (one would have to finish before the other started)

hmmm..

Right now I'd have to go with the running backs. Ted would need to stop for a breather.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Definitely not. He was a great 3-4 NT for a few years, but I don't think anybody would say he was one of the best and most dominant players of all time.

One could quite easily make the argument that he is the greatest nose tackle of all time. Whether that gets him into the Hall or not, I'm not sure.

BlindSite
04-15-2008, 07:43 PM
No way.

375 lbs. at the age of 40 might have some health problems in the future...

He'll be dead before 60.

The Legend
04-15-2008, 08:57 PM
i think if Washington was the greatest ever he would not be on a diffrent every year
i think teams would have wanted to keep him around more, thats what i think

DawgBone
04-15-2008, 11:11 PM
i think if Washington was the greatest ever he would not be on a diffrent every year
i think teams would have wanted to keep him around more, thats what i think

Hes a NT. I cant even name 3 NT's that played before the year 1995? I dont think hes a Hall-of-Famer though.