PDA

View Full Version : What playoff game other than the Super Bowl did you enjoy the most?

Ness
04-14-2008, 01:43 AM
If there is a thread like this that already exists, than I apologize. Anyways, the premise is quite simple. Mention the game that you were most entertained by during this last postseason with the Super Bowl as the only exception. You can be detailed or you can just list your selection.

My favorite was the Jaguars and Patriots game. Going in, I thought New England would stomp on them and it wouldn't be close. However, they put up a very good fight and it looked like they really gave it a good shot. I also enjoyed Garrard's performance.

Turtlepower
04-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Easily the GB and NYG game. I might be biased, but that was by far the most entertaining game of the bunch.

BlindSite
04-14-2008, 02:44 AM
I really liked the GB NYG game as well. Brilliant till the very end.

neko4
04-14-2008, 03:41 AM
the one where we spotted Seattle 2 touchdowns and then beat the stuffing out of them

JagHombre22
04-14-2008, 03:57 AM
I'll go with the JAX-PITT game....Jacksonville was up by 14 going into the third quarter and let their lead slip down to being down by 1...

David Garrard scrambles 30 yards on a fourth down...to the steelers 13 yard line...with 15 seconds left on the clock...Josh Scobee kicks the winning field goal...!!!

Great moment...

kiranadwaney
04-14-2008, 04:28 AM
Green Bay vs Seattle. Brett Favre's shovel pass was amazing, and how they came back from 14-0 down, and the snow.

Thunder&Lightning
04-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Ya GB and NYG game. Ended great and the weather made it interesting.

Brent
04-14-2008, 07:23 AM
Giants/Cowboys, all my friends are Cowboys fans and I had to do my best not to laugh as their team collapsed and they all bitched and moaned.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2008, 08:14 AM
i don't want to say the Giants/Pack or Giants/Cowboys games bc im biased in this topic, so i guess outside of the Giants playoff games ill say the Steelers/Jags game.

I always love those games. Physical, close, smashmouth, its my kind of football.

Jacksonville almost choked that game.

regoob2
04-14-2008, 08:19 AM
I thought that most of the games this year were real good. Steelers/Jags if I had to choose one.

keylime_5
04-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Giants/Packers, closely followed by Jags/Steelers.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Easily the GB and NYG game. I might be biased, but that was by far the most entertaining game of the bunch.

I had 1283182 heart attacks that game.. I thought I would never have any more... until the I saw the superbowl, and the heart attack count for me doubled!

But I actually liked Us vs Dallas.. I didnt think our injured secondary would hold against their offense.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I had 1283182 heart attacks that game.. I thought I would never have any more... until the I saw the superbowl, and the heart attack count for me doubled!

But I actually liked Us vs Dallas.. I didnt think our injured secondary would hold against their offense.

i know, i was worried to death about that. we had mo, larry and curly playing in the secondary that game, we were ridiculously injured.

ChezPower4
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
I hated the end of it, but the packers and the giants game was a very good game. I also thought the chargers and the colts was way better than i expected.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
i know, i was worried to death about that. we had mo, larry and curly playing in the secondary that game, we were ridiculously injured.

I was waiting for us to do something really different like put an offensive player out there and just say play center field. So that game means alot more to me, especially since it's a division rival, the cowboys, and because they beat us twice before.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2008, 09:32 AM
I was waiting for us to do something really different like put an offensive player out there and just say play center field. So that game means alot more to me, especially since it's a division rival, the cowboys, and because they beat us twice before.

I wonder if Wade Phillips still believes "the better team lost" :rolleyes:

What a clown. way to teach accountability to your players Wade.

Gay Ork Wang
04-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Jags/Steelers, i also like Colts/Charger

CC.SD
04-14-2008, 09:34 AM
I've gotta say the Chargers taking it to the Colts.

terribletowel39
04-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I'll go with the JAX-PITT game....Jacksonville was up by 14 going into the third quarter and let their lead slip down to being down by 1...

David Garrard scrambles 30 yards on a fourth down...to the steelers 13 yard line...with 15 seconds left on the clock...Josh Scobee kicks the winning field goal...!!!

Great moment...
with three Steelers defenders getting held and not one yellow flag getting thrown!!!

i'm over it, really, i am. but still. the most BS non-call of the playoffs.

still a beautiful game. that was the best one. always is when those two teams play.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I wonder if Wade Phillips still believes "the better team lost" :rolleyes:

What a clown. way to teach accountability to your players Wade.

I remember reading that right afterwards. He actually said some nice things, in the Myers article. Myers talked to all 4 coaches of the teams we beat. All of them had nice things to say.

TyronePoole38
04-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Browns/Bengals shootout from week 2 and the Texans/Titans from week 7

bsaza2358
04-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I enjoyed the Eagles-Packers playoff game from 2003-2004 where the Eagles converted 4th & 26 with Freddie Mitchell, tied the game as time expired, then won in OT. I was at that game.

tjpackers
04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
watching the colts lose was good (even though watching the giants beat the pats was even better)

Crickett
04-14-2008, 12:02 PM

You joke about that, but my father (who is the Giants fan in the family) had to leave the room in the fourth quarter because he was afraid he was going to have a heart attack. He only saw the Tyree catch and the Plaxico catch on replays. :(

NY+Giants=NYG
04-14-2008, 12:32 PM
You joke about that, but my father (who is the Giants fan in the family) had to leave the room in the fourth quarter because he was afraid he was going to have a heart attack. He only saw the Tyree catch and the Plaxico catch on replays. :(

O man that sucks. My dad had a heart attack probably like 10-15 years back, but somehow managed to stay somewhat calm. I think the shock of it all kept things in check.

But I seriously kept pacing throughout the house. I'd go online, and then back to the room and watch a play, and then walk around, and come back into the room.

During the Packers-Giants game, I had to switch from the Matrix which happened to be on at the same time to the game, and back and forth. That game was the worst to watch.

princefielder28
04-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I enjoyed the Eagles-Packers playoff game from 2003-2004 where the Eagles converted 4th & 26 with Freddie Mitchell, tied the game as time expired, then won in OT. I was at that game.

Why bring that up??? Damn! haha

Favorite playoff game from this past postseason was the Packers-Seahawks game...the Pack spots them two TDs and comes back and dominates in the snow

bsaza2358
04-14-2008, 12:35 PM
It was the best playoff win I've seen in person. That's why.

LonghornsLegend
04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
It would have to be Jags/Steelers game...I was so pumped for that game, I knew both teams would come to play and knew Jax needed their A game to be able to win...

I was just watching Sportscenter though and thought it was pretty funny how they showed the guys who worked for the super bowl getting all the different gear ready, they had all those 19-0 hats ready until Tyree caught that pass then they had to scramble to get the Giants caps lol...pretty funny to see it actually work like that.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2008, 12:44 PM

That happened a lot actually. My cousin works in the ER, and she told me that after every playoff game from Dallas onward, she had patients with chest pain after the game bc the Giants were making it so gutwrenching.

The worst cases were after the SB and the Packer game.

The funny thing was (if you were to take any humor out of it), after the Packers and SB games, it was only Giants fans with chest pains coming in. But after the Cowboys/Giants game, it was both Giants and Cowboy fans coming in with chest pains.

Ness
04-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Browns/Bengals shootout from week 2 and the Texans/Titans from week 7
Those games were not in the playoffs.

Go_Eagles77
04-14-2008, 02:24 PM

If by enjoyed you mean almost had a heart attack 5 times, then I enjoyed it too. lol