PDA

View Full Version : Draft day Dummies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nemmasisn4sir
04-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Which team in this years draft will make an, "OH no they didn't" by drafting someone the could have traded down to get. ALA, MIAMI and Ted Ginn. I would say the the Raiders but the only mistake they can make at the top of the board is Matt Ryan!

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Hard to know now, but if the top Defensive players are gone, Cincy may have to take a player that many would consider a major reach.

Iamcanadian
04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Nobody knows if that player could be got with a later pick. That is all assumption by fans and newspaper reporters who haven't a clue about the real worth of a prospect. Ginn will be Miami's #1 WR this coming season after unloading Chambers and may well prove a lot of fans, newspaper writers and gurus completely wrong about his worth.

Thunder&Lightning
04-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Hard to know now, but if the top Defensive players are gone, Cincy may have to take a player that many would consider a major reach.

Ya the Bengals are the first team that comes to mind that might be pulling one of these. Bengals also have the same pick that Miami did last year... A team that I think might also is the Patriots. They have a history of reaching for players... But every one has also paid off... Examples Logan Mankins/Richard Seymour.

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Ya the Bengals are the first team that comes to mind that might be pulling one of these. Bengals also have the same pick that Miami did last year... A team that I think might also is the Patriots. They have a history of reaching for players... But every one has also paid off... Examples Logan Mankins/Richard Seymour.

I hadn't even thought of the Pats, and if they can't trade down, they may end up picking someone that may be perceived as a reach, but may end up panning out anyway.

Packman1957
04-14-2008, 10:14 AM
I don't think there are going to be many surprisers before the top 6 picks (maybe the Chiefs) but other than that I think New England could surprise.

But I guess it depends on what you consider a surprise, obviously Ted Ginn Jr. would be a good example but I actually had him going to the Dolphins last year. I think the big surprise was basically that they didn't take Quinn.

iloxygenil
04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not going to lie, I have a feeling that it's going to be the Falcons. I think that Dorsey and Long are going to end up going one and two and then the Falcons will not take Matt Ryan because he's a boneheaded QB and our GM may not want to hitch his trailer to him. So if that's the case you could see the Falcons pull a *WTF* move and grab someone like Chris Long (not a need and wouldn't see the field much) or Sedric Ellis (not a top 3 pick) or maybe someone out of thin air that no one is talking about right now.

I just have a really nervous feeling about the draft because I'm thinking Long goes 1 and Dorsey goes 2 and leaving us high and dry in terms of the 2 best players for us.

Geo
04-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Touching on IAC's earlier post, at the 07 Draft Schefter said that Houston wanted to draft Teddy Ginn at #10, the pick right after Miami's. Either way, I agree that that's taking him too high for my tastes, but if he works out then that is what matters.

The Buffalo Bills were criticized for drafting Donte Whitner with the 8th overall pick in 2006, being assumed by the talking heads that they could/should have traded down and taken him, but he's a great player for the Bills and their defensive scheme.

tylerb929
04-14-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm going to go with the Titans after what they did last year.

Grig
04-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Quick interruption. You can argue whether or not Ginn was a reach, but to suggest that the Dolphins could have traded down is ridiculous. Adam Schefter came out shortly after the draft last year and confirmed the rumor that the Texans would have taken Ginn at #10 if he was available. Therefore, the Dolphins only recourse was take Ginn at #9 or pass on him altogether.

Edit: Didn't see Geo's post, he posted as I was typing, but the point still stands.

Young Nasty Man
04-14-2008, 10:36 AM
god forbid its the jets....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

our so called "rich" history....

MetSox17
04-14-2008, 10:46 AM
there's already a thread on this..

TyronePoole38
04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Nobody knows if that player could be got with a later pick. That is all assumption by fans and newspaper reporters who haven't a clue about the real worth of a prospect. Ginn will be Miami's #1 WR this coming season after unloading Chambers and may well prove a lot of fans, newspaper writers and gurus completely wrong about his worth.

Ginn will be given a chance to be the #1 but he has to beat out the others on the roster(mainly Wilford & Hagan) and any potential draft picks. The #1 WR spot isn't his just yet.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Is drafting a player that you still could have gotten if you traded down a bad move if you cannot trade down? I don't think that slight ignorance of conventional value is really all that taboo, barring a team drafting a player that they very likely could have gotten with a pick in a later round.

Sniper
04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
there's already a thread on this..

There's always a thread about everything. People are just allergic to the search function.

Crickett
04-14-2008, 11:54 AM
The Detroit Lions drafting James Hardy.

*rimshot*

Shane P. Hallam
04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm feeling the Bengals as well.

Flyboy
04-14-2008, 12:04 PM
The Saints taking an offensive player. I, personally, wouldn't care if I like the play (Clady/Mendenhall to name a few) but the consensus of most people and other Saint fans would be "OMG THEY DIDN'T DRAFT DEFENSE = FAIL~!".

WMD
04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Rumor has it that the Lions may draft Jerod Mayo at #15.

Flyboy
04-14-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't think that'd be a real "dummy" move, though.

Comphockey7
04-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I agree the Patriots would reach on a player. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad move either. For example I think Keith Rivers would be an outstanding pick, but some might not think he is worth the 7th pick in the draft, but if they were to trade down then they risk losing the chance to draft him all together.

I could see the Broncos making an out there pick. Shanny is always up to something.

ChezPower4
04-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I think that it's gonna be Denver, they traded up for Jarvis Moss last year when he surely would have fallen to them and Moss there was a big reach, so i can't wait to see who Mike will reach for this year?