PDA

View Full Version : Why no Taylor trade talk?

Quagmire
04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I know I keep harping on this subject, but why do we hear no Taylor trade rumors? I really think it would be a huge mistake by the new regime to keep him. We really need to add picks to this team and he is our only asset available to do this. If there are offers that include a 2nd round pick, then he has to go. The pick is more valuable at this point than any production he can give you. With 12 days left til d-day, I hope they do the right thing and ship him out so this rebuilding can really begin..

The Legend
04-14-2008, 09:44 PM
cause his Salery is to high
hes your best player
this is going to be most probly his last year

that doesnt look good to other teams

Joeyjr09
04-14-2008, 10:48 PM
There has been plenty of trade talk about Taylor. You just don't want to listen because it's not what you want to hear. They have said over and over and over again that he is not getting dealt.

Just messing with you dude, I'm with you on this one. I hate those guys that want to keep Taylor. We need the picks he'll bring.

Trading him is the right move but nothing is gonna happen with him til draft day at the earliest. And that's assuming they aren't lying when they say he is not getting dealt. Teams are standing pat right now waiting to see if they get their guy in the draft and JT will be a fall back option for whoever misses on the DE they want in round 1.

Almost nothing comes out of the Dolphins camp and at this point in time, the little that does come out will have to do with the draft and the number 1 pick.

Please sit and wait, your not gonna hear anything about a JT deal until after it goes down, that's not the way Tuna works.

BTW...We already have 9 picks in this draft. Considering we will likely trade down and get more picks, I think the best deal would be to trade JT for picks in next year's draft. 10 rookies is about as much as a coaching staff can handle in 1 year plus throw in some UDFAs. You can't have too many rookies because you'll spread yourself thin trying to teach all these guys at the same time, as well as putting in a new system for the vets. It stunts the rookies growth.

Trade JT and stockpile picks for next year's draft the same way we have stockpiled picks for this year's draft.

Maybe we work something like JT for a 2nd in 2009 and a 4th in this year's draft. Gives us an extra pick this year to aid in moving up and down for the guys we want while also starting to build a foundation for next year's draft that we will be able to hit on mulitple top guys next year as well and get this team turned around faster.

thebow305
04-15-2008, 12:28 AM
I agree that he needs to be dealt, especially while he still holds some pretty decent value. What I don't agree with is tha the pick will bring more value than what he would give us this year. He is still Jason Talor for God's sake, so as long as he's here, we still have a major defensive threat and Pro Bowler at OLB.

I would be more willing to part with Taylor if I knew for certain that Jake Long wasn't going to be the pick. If we trade him, OLB becomes a much bigger concern for us and actually a major hole that or 32nd pick, IMO, wouldn't be abe to fill. It doesn' appear that Groves will make it past he 1st, so past the big 3 of Long, Gholston, and Groves, we won't be getting much of an upgrade over the guys currently on our roster, so it leaves an aging Joey Porter as our best pressure threat. OUCH! I just don't think guys like Avril, Jackson, Howard, Ellis, or Robertson would be much of an upgrade or the type of players we need to bring the constant pressure we need this season and beyond.

So for me it's simple. If we draft Gholston or Chris Long, trade JT, if we draft Jake Long, keep Taylor a Phin! That's how I feel!

Quagmire
04-16-2008, 08:59 AM
There has been plenty of trade talk about Taylor. You just don't want to listen because it's not what you want to hear. They have said over and over and over again that he is not getting dealt.

Just messing with you dude, I'm with you on this one. I hate those guys that want to keep Taylor. We need the picks he'll bring.

Trading him is the right move but nothing is gonna happen with him til draft day at the earliest. And that's assuming they aren't lying when they say he is not getting dealt. Teams are standing pat right now waiting to see if they get their guy in the draft and JT will be a fall back option for whoever misses on the DE they want in round 1.

Almost nothing comes out of the Dolphins camp and at this point in time, the little that does come out will have to do with the draft and the number 1 pick.

Please sit and wait, your not gonna hear anything about a JT deal until after it goes down, that's not the way Tuna works.

BTW...We already have 9 picks in this draft. Considering we will likely trade down and get more picks, I think the best deal would be to trade JT for picks in next year's draft. 10 rookies is about as much as a coaching staff can handle in 1 year plus throw in some UDFAs. You can't have too many rookies because you'll spread yourself thin trying to teach all these guys at the same time, as well as putting in a new system for the vets. It stunts the rookies growth.

Trade JT and stockpile picks for next year's draft the same way we have stockpiled picks for this year's draft.

Maybe we work something like JT for a 2nd in 2009 and a 4th in this year's draft. Gives us an extra pick this year to aid in moving up and down for the guys we want while also starting to build a foundation for next year's draft that we will be able to hit on mulitple top guys next year as well and get this team turned around faster.

Joe,

I would not mind getting the 2 next yr under that scenario. Despite the fact that they have 9 picks, I would not mind getting a couple more. You make a valid point about potentially having too many, but 4 of the picks are in rounds 6 and 7. I would love to see them add 2 more picks in the top 100-125 of this draft. I think if they ended draft weekend with 7 of the top 125, we would be in really good shape. You can add quality and quantity at the same time if that happened. Whether they get those picks with tradedowns and/or a JT deal would not matter to me. Though I think they must trade Taylor to really get this thing going.

Also, having that many picks could help acquire some pks for next yr's draft as teams move up and down in the middle rounds. New England has been terrific at that for a few yrs now.

Joeyjr09
04-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Joe,

I would not mind getting the 2 next yr under that scenario. Despite the fact that they have 9 picks, I would not mind getting a couple more. You make a valid point about potentially having too many, but 4 of the picks are in rounds 6 and 7. I would love to see them add 2 more picks in the top 100-125 of this draft. I think if they ended draft weekend with 7 of the top 125, we would be in really good shape. You can add quality and quantity at the same time if that happened. Whether they get those picks with tradedowns and/or a JT deal would not matter to me. Though I think they must trade Taylor to really get this thing going.

Also, having that many picks could help acquire some pks for next yr's draft as teams move up and down in the middle rounds. New England has been terrific at that for a few yrs now.

Adam Schefter was on 790 the ticket this morning and says there's a chance Miami gets alot more for JT then they were expecting. Go see the thread I made in the Draft forums.

Quagmire
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Joe,

I saw it. I hope the parts about trading out and of trading JT come true. This is why this time of year is awesome. All sorts of rumors. True or not, they are a lot of fun.....

Joeyjr09
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Joe,

I saw it. I hope the parts about trading out and of trading JT come true. This is why this time of year is awesome. All sorts of rumors. True or not, they are a lot of fun.....

Yea and Schefter is reliable. He gets good info. Which gives me some hope that there's something behind this.

Man if we could find a way to trade down, still get one of the Longs or Gholston as well as trade JT for a high 2nd or more. I'd be thrilled. That's likely give us 5 picks in the 1st 2 rounds.