PDA

View Full Version : what current pair of cb's would you want starting?

katnip
04-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Close if theres a thread exactly like this, mods.

I'd take, Nmandi Asomugha and Darrelle Revis.

Revis is a homer pick. I see maybe the next Ty Law or Sam Madison.

d34ng3l021
04-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha and DeAngelo Hall. Both are guys who can lock down the opposing WR and because teams never throw at Nnamdi, Hall would be able to opposing offenses pay for forced throws.

terribletowel39
04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Just on potential alone, I go Aso and Cro. Cro has the ball skills and natural athletic ability to be as close to Deion as anyone has come since.

CC.SD
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Cro obviously. and Cro gets thrown at because Jammer covers guys like a blanket. Why mess with a proven pairing?

Sveen
04-15-2008, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't mind Asomugha and Hall in New Orleans :) Or Cromartie, or Samuel. Hey, there is a lot of them...

roidrunner
04-15-2008, 12:24 PM
im quite happy with my harris and woodson pair in GB.

661rep
04-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I would take Aso & Champ now, but if I were to put two guys together for the future it would be Aso & D. Hall. I have a gut feeling D.Hall is going to have a big year this year... since QBs will be forced to throw his way.

Hawk
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
im quite happy with my harris and woodson pair in GB.

Yeah me too

But I can't say no to either Aso/Hall or Cro/Jammer

Prime Time
04-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Hall? Are u serious? Yeah he's a top 15 corner but all he has is speed I've seen him burnt hundreds of times by elite WR's like TO/MOSS/JOHNSON etc

I'd have to say Bailey and Samuel would be a nice pair

RagingColt
04-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Hayden and Jackson work for me in Indy just fine.

umphrey
04-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Samuel = overrated

He's a good corner but I wouldn't hand pick him from the best in the league

Cunningham
04-15-2008, 01:46 PM
the fact that champ has only been mentioned once so far is pathetic. if we're saying there's going to be a game tomorrow and you had to chose the two best corners in the league as of this very moment, than it's champ and aso. not much to debate about.

Thunder&Lightning
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
If I were to pick 2 in the NFL: Antonio Cromartie and Champ Baily

If I was to pick the best real pair in the NFL: D.Hall and Asomugha or Cro and Jammer if Sheppard isnt traded Sheppard and Samuel would be nice...

CC.SD
04-15-2008, 01:50 PM
the fact that champ has only been mentioned once so far is pathetic. if we're saying there's going to be a game tomorrow and you had to chose the two best corners in the league as of this very moment, than it's champ and aso. not much to debate about.

I don't know, the fact that there is a debate going on seems to imply that there is something to debate about.

Go_Eagles77
04-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Now - Champ and Asomugha
For the future - Asomugha and Cromartie

Cunningham
04-15-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't know, the fact that there is a debate going on seems to imply that there is something to debate about.
i'm trying to imply that there isn't much to debate about.

bored of education
04-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Benny Sapp and Rashard Barksdale

CC.SD
04-15-2008, 02:29 PM
i'm trying to imply that there isn't much to debate about.

Then you have definitely come to the wrong board. Opinions are like second string quarterbacks: everyone has one, and none of them are as good as Jim Sorgi.

Go_Eagles77
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Benny Sapp and Rashard Barksdale

I know your joking, but is Barksdale actually any good? He was a 6th round pick for us and got beaten out by an UDFA.

Gay Ork Wang
04-15-2008, 02:39 PM
For the Cover 2 i believe our CB Tillman and Vasher are the best, mainly because Barber is getting old.

M2M has to be Champ Bailey and Aso right now, Hall and Aso for the future

OSUGiants17
04-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Cro and Asante Samuel.

Ware_HITStick
04-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Terrance Newman and Pacman Jones

:)

Cunningham
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Then you have definitely come to the wrong board. Opinions are like second string quarterbacks: everyone has one, and none of them are as good as Jim Sorgi.
i get pissy when i see roland isn't getting the respect he deserves

04-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Now - Champ and Asomugha

Yep, that pretty much sums up things for me.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Very simply... Oakland's duo.

roidrunner
04-15-2008, 04:59 PM
i get pissy when i see roland isn't getting the respect he deserves

your avatar mesmorizes me. + rep for you

GermanSaint
04-15-2008, 05:14 PM
healthy mike mckenzie and peanut tillman ..... i would love it !

neko4
04-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Now - Champ and Asomugha
My now - Champ and Al Harris
My future - Cromartie and Cromartie, I know he hasnt played yet, but Im close to sold

roidrunner
04-15-2008, 05:28 PM
if it comes to a Cromartie Cromartie back field that would be so sick, that would completely own

BamaFalcon59
04-15-2008, 05:34 PM
DeAngelo Hall and Antonio Cromartie.

ChezPower4
04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson

Santonio10
04-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Asomugha and Cromartie.

Brent
04-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Champ Bailey and Nnamdi Asomugha

Nate Clements can be subbed for Nnamdi, too.

LonghornsLegend
04-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm gonna be different.

1) Give me T-New, he can play the slot WR beautifully and stick with any WR step for step, he's all over finesse Wr's and will lock down a shifty WR without trouble

2) Al Harris to play those bigger WR's and get their hands on them and knock them off their route...Yes he's been beat before but so has Champ Bailey and Deangelo Hall, I love his physical style of play, and these 2 contrast eachother very well and would have no problem playing man to man vs another teams top 2 WR's.

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Everyone should have Champ, he is still the best.

And right now? Probably Asante Samuel for me.

BaLLiN
04-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Id like a duo like Woodson and Harris, they are really too old now though.

if i didnt care about anything except skill id personally be those two.

Asomoguha and Bailey

future
DeAngelo Hall and Darrelle Revis

minus headache id put Aaron Ross in there

regoob2
04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm more than happy with Vasher and Tillman.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
There's little doubt in my mind that Asomugha and Bailey are the two best cornerbacks in the NFL right now. The size and playmaking combination of the two would be hell for quarterbacks.

gsorace
04-15-2008, 09:19 PM
There's little doubt in my mind that Asomugha and Bailey are the two best cornerbacks in the NFL right now. The size and playmaking combination of the two would be hell for quarterbacks.

I'm going to have to agree with this man.

themaninblack
04-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall

homerism aside, its gotta be Champ and Asomugha right now.

DawgBone
04-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Seems like most people found a way to mention someone from their own team despite them clearly not being the best.

Packers fans: Can you honestly quit mentioning Charles Woodson or Al Harris, neither are top 2 for sure. The thread didnt ask for top 5 or top 10 and their is only room for 2.

PS were still waiting for a Ravens fan to say McCallister, a Seattle fan to say Trufant, and a Lion fan to be proud of Bodden.

All im saying is dont say "Al Harris" when hes a great corner, but not top 2. And exspecially dont say "Charles Woodson" when your sig has a picture of AJ Hawk.

Im going to bed.

My picks are:
1. Eric Wright
2. Brandon McDonald/Champ Bailey

Ness
04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Antonio Cromartie and Champ Bailey.

DawgBone
04-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Antonio Cromartie and Champ Bailey.

Cromartie isnt even the best cover corner on his team! He had alot of INT's though, so I guess thats all you care about.

Young Legend
04-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Give me Oakland's Hall and ASO.

gdamac
04-16-2008, 01:46 AM
EDIT: Screw it, give me Hall & Aso, but Aso & Cro would be sick too.

Ness
04-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Cromartie isnt even the best cover corner on his team! He had alot of INT's though, so I guess thats all you care about.

I'm not surprised your reputation status is so horrible.

leroyisgod
04-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Terrence Newman
Champ Bailey

Good luck w/these two shut down corners

Ness
04-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Seems like most people found a way to mention someone from their own team despite them clearly not being the best.

Packers fans: Can you honestly quit mentioning Charles Woodson or Al Harris, neither are top 2 for sure. The thread didnt ask for top 5 or top 10 and their is only room for 2.

PS were still waiting for a Ravens fan to say McCallister, a Seattle fan to say Trufant, and a Lion fan to be proud of Bodden.

All im saying is dont say "Al Harris" when hes a great corner, but not top 2. And exspecially dont say "Charles Woodson" when your sig has a picture of AJ Hawk.

Im going to bed.

My picks are:
1. Eric Wright
The thread is subjective. You're acting like there is only one correct answer. You're telling people how participate in the thread, yet ironically you can't even follow simple instructions.

Caddy
04-16-2008, 02:09 AM
I'd take Champ Bailey; a proven commodity, who I would pair with Antonio Cromartie who has all the potential in the world.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-16-2008, 02:12 AM
Seems like most people found a way to mention someone from their own team despite them clearly not being the best...

My picks are:
1. Eric Wright

Bravo. Brilliant satire.

By the way, I do agree that people aren't looking hard enough at Antonio Cromartie's season last year. The guy obviously the played the ball exceptionally well, but his coverage skills still leave a lot to be desired.

kmartin575
04-16-2008, 04:03 AM
Cro obviously. and Cro gets thrown at because Jammer covers guys like a blanket. Why mess with a proven pairing?

Jammer covers guys like a blanket? That's why he allowed a rookie wide receiver and a pathetic Chiefs offense to put up 150+ receiving yards on him?

kmartin575
04-16-2008, 04:05 AM
I would take Aso & Champ now, but if I were to put two guys together for the future it would be Aso & D. Hall. I have a gut feeling D.Hall is going to have a big year this year... since QBs will be forced to throw his way.

No, quarterbacks will be forced to hand the ball off to runningbacks with the awful run defense of the Raiders.

Are people forgetting how much everybody hyped up the Champ Bailey and Dre Bly duo and it really turned out pretty bad (as far as the overall defense)? Granted the Raiders are a little better at safety but their defensive line is pretty bad.

Jakey
04-16-2008, 04:19 AM
I'd take...

Al Harris and Ike Taylor

I like CB's that are big and can hit!

If this was next year, i would autimatically say Brandon Flowers :)

Sportsfan486
04-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Aso and Hall are the best duo in the NFL. No arguement is valid against them... Aso is without question a top 3 CB in the league, maybe number 1 depending who you ask, and Hall is definitely a top 10 corner.

After that you're probably looking at Harris/Woodson or Jammer/Cro (mostly because Cro easily has the potential to be the far and away best corner this year. Jammer is solid but not amazing.)

DawgBone
04-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Jammer covers guys like a blanket? That's why he allowed a rookie wide receiver and a pathetic Chiefs offense to put up 150+ receiving yards on him?

And so many QB's choose to throw to Cro over Jammer am I wrong?

DawgBone
04-16-2008, 09:03 AM
The thread is subjective. You're acting like there is only one correct answer. You're telling people how participate in the thread, yet ironically you can't even follow simple instructions.

People need guidlines on how to write a subjective post when there replys are:

1. Player from my team
2. Champ Bailey

This thread seems like it was made to give a shout out to every teams DB's as if we dont know they exists.

I mean honestly look at the last post. A Steelers fan just said he would take Ike Taylor over Champ Bailey.

DawgBone
04-16-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm gonna be different.

1) Give me T-New, he can play the slot WR beautifully and stick with any WR step for step, he's all over finesse Wr's and will lock down a shifty WR without trouble

2) Al Harris to play those bigger WR's and get their hands on them and knock them off their route...Yes he's been beat before but so has Champ Bailey and Deangelo Hall, I love his physical style of play, and these 2 contrast eachother very well and would have no problem playing man to man vs another teams top 2 WR's.

Your going to be different, or your going to be a homer? Theres a difference. At least this time a poster mentioned a CB that should be listed in the top 5 Ill give you that.

DeathbyStat
04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Nmandi Asomugha and Champ Bailey

Ike Taylor in the Nickle

CC.SD
04-16-2008, 11:04 AM

Congratulations you pulled out this reference for the 1000th time, you now get a free shopping spree!

Seriously it's old. The fact is I'm way more concerned with Jammer shutting down guys like Randy Moss, the Indy duo, etc. than I am with anyone on the Chiefs. I guarantee if you watch the games of the last two or three seasons, you'll grade Jammer very highly.

tjpackers
04-16-2008, 11:51 AM
how bout cromartie and and woodsen then stick devin harris( yea hes a Wr now But id switch him to CB) at nickle

terribletowel39
04-16-2008, 11:58 AM
how bout cromartie and and woodsen then stick devin harris( yea hes a Wr now But id switch him to CB) at nickle
who?? The NBA PG??

CC.SD
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
who?? The NBA PG??

Yeah, he's...a WR now...

To be fair, he does play good defense at the 1.

BamaFalcon59
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Really, how do NBA players compare speed wise to NFL players? Personally, I think a lot of NFL players would burn TJ Ford, Allen Iverson, Leandro Barbosa, etc. in a foot race.

I think LeBron has NFL speed for some reason, though.

CC.SD
04-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Really, how do NBA players compare speed wise to NFL players? Personally, I think a lot of NFL players would burn TJ Ford, Allen Iverson, Leandro Barbosa, etc. in a foot race.

He would be a BEAST at tight end. Unstoppable.

DawgBone
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
6'9 260 and if you watched the USA basketball practices Lebron was allways outrunning the smaller gaurds. Everyone knows how physical Lebron is so I would like to think he could be one of the best blockers aswell. His hands are amazing and was an all Ohio WR while playing in only 8 games.

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
He would be a BEAST at tight end. Unstoppable.

When we had the first Forum Fantasy Player League, I was Lebron James as a TE and I was unstoppable. Those were the days... =D

Ness
04-16-2008, 02:20 PM
People need guidlines on how to write a subjective post when there replys are:

1. Player from my team
2. Champ Bailey

This thread seems like it was made to give a shout out to every teams DB's as if we dont know they exists.

I mean honestly look at the last post. A Steelers fan just said he would take Ike Taylor over Champ Bailey.
Why? That was the premise of the thread. The pair of corners who they want starting on their team. Why is this so hard for you to understand? If you don't like it, leave the thread. Problem solved.

kmartin575
04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Congratulations you pulled out this reference for the 1000th time, you now get a free shopping spree!

Seriously it's old. The fact is I'm way more concerned with Jammer shutting down guys like Randy Moss, the Indy duo, etc. than I am with anyone on the Chiefs. I guarantee if you watch the games of the last two or three seasons, you'll grade Jammer very highly.

Jammer is FAR from a dominant corner. Jammer is not a top 10 corner, simple as that.

tjpackers
04-17-2008, 11:40 AM
he is a good CB maybe top 10 but a dominating CB to say the least

MetSox17
04-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Asomugha - Newman

Then i'd put Ed Reed and LaRon Landry back there
and no one would ever pass on my defense 8-)

catcher_0_3
04-17-2008, 02:44 PM
2/3 of the Earth is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey. It doesn't matter who the other corner would be, but I would take Cromartie and then take his cousin in the draft because he is going to be a beast too.

MetSox17
04-17-2008, 02:45 PM
2/3 of the Earth is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey. It doesn't matter who the other corner would be, but I would take Cromartie and then take his cousin in the draft because he is going to be a beast too.

someone in here already has that in their sig for d-hall......

Rockrule40
04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
A year ago EVERYONE would put Champ #1 no question. Why is it that now some people don't have him even on their list? Ok, he might have had a down year with only 3 ints and a big play against him on monday night. The reason Champ had a "down year", if you can call it that, was because of his run defense and the fact he was playing injured almost all year. The run D in Denver was so bad this year and the only way they could stop the run was when Champ ran up and tackled the runner. This means he did get beat on a few plays, but they really didn't throw his way all that much. He had 84 tackles in 2007 thats a number a good SS would put up. The Broncos were 7th in pass defense even with Champ and Bly having down years, and no safety help in pass coverage.

Champ should be #1 on all lists.

My two would be:
#1 Champ Bailey
#2 Nnamdi Asomugha

Komp
04-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Jammer is FAR from a dominant corner. Jammer is not a top 10 corner, simple as that.

kmart, I hope one day you will post something constructive rather than just bashing the other teams/players in your division. While I sometimes appreciate how your Raider/Charger/Bronco hate stokes the fire of rivalry, it is getting a bit stale.

P-L
04-18-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd pretty much take any tandem that doesn't involve Fernando Bryant, Stanley Wilson, Keith Smith, or Travis Fisher.

CC.SD
04-18-2008, 04:25 PM
kmart, I hope one day you will post something constructive rather than just bashing the other teams/players in your division. While I sometimes appreciate how your Raider/Charger/Bronco hate stokes the fire of rivalry, it is getting a bit stale.

It's been stale for years, this guy stalks the Charger boards too and has never had a constructive thought in his life as far as I can tell.

CT Bronco Fan
04-18-2008, 04:46 PM

NFL skill position players could probably give NBA point guards a good race in a 40 yd dash, However, if you make it a full court suicide, the PG's would torch them.

It's really all about how you train.

And as far as LeBron goes. Man, if he stuck with football, he would of revolutionized the game. The best athletes 6'6 or taller usually go with basketball, since there is more money in it, as well as less of an injury risk.

lordquas
04-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Champ Bailey and Antonio Cromartie would be crazy. cmon now

OSUGiants17
04-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Aso, Cro/Asante Samuel

catcher_0_3
04-18-2008, 06:18 PM

D-hall...wow... Anyways, I must say I did steal that from Facebook. But it is so true.

the decider13
04-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I think champ and Bly could look a lot better this year. Last year, we had no run defense, and whenever they decided to pass, it would always be on Bailey's side. I think if we could fix that up a bit, and bly gets back on his game, this thread will be full of Champ and Bly next year.

But as of now, champ and cro

BigDawg819
04-19-2008, 12:10 PM
CMac and Rolle.

johbur
04-19-2008, 07:36 PM
If I were to pick 2 in the NFL: Antonio Cromartie and Champ Baily

If I was to pick the best real pair in the NFL: D.Hall and Asomugha or Cro and Jammer if Sheppard isnt traded Sheppard and Samuel would be nice...

Nice selection. Cro and Bailey would be sick. I'd take Lito and Asante for the real combo.

BufFan71
04-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Nate Clements and Cro

Draft King
04-19-2008, 11:59 PM

Yes this was me. Sadly I had to take it off when he left our team.

As for the cornerback duos.

Reality - Nnamdi and DeAngelo
Fantasy - Champ and DLo

thebow305
04-20-2008, 01:13 AM
I sure wouldn't mind a Lito Sheppard/Antoine Cason pairing in Miami next year!