PDA

View Full Version : 2008 schedule

jbombul
04-15-2008, 01:12 PM
1 Sept. 7 at Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 14 Green Bay Packers 1 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 at San Francisco 49ers 4:05 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 Bye
5 Oct. 5 Chicago Bears 1 p.m.
6 Oct. 12 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 19 at Houston Texans 4:05 p.m.
8 Oct. 26 Washington Redskins 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 2 at Chicago Bears 1 p.m.
10 Nov. 9 Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 16 at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
12 Nov. 23 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
13 Nov. 27 (Thurs.) Tennessee Titans 12:30 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 14 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m.
16 Dec. 21 New Orleans Saints 1 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m.

it looks like we can start strong and finish poorly just like last season, as the strength of schedule greatly imrpoves beginning with the game against the redskins in week 8

SINCE1978
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
7-9 boys, 7-9 ...

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-15-2008, 01:26 PM
"I will be disappointed if we don't win 10 games this year"

- Jon Kitna

ESimsfan87
04-15-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm kind of excited about starting out against the falcons. That's about as easy as a win as we should ever get. Then it gets a little tricky. As a season ticket holder, I know I'm a little upset with only 1 home game within the first four weeks and only 3 in the first 8 weeks. The Turkey game against VY should be fun too. But yeah its probably 7-9 at best.

jbombul
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
you know as well as i do that hes going to be disappointed, lets break it down game by game

1.at atlanta- should be a competitive game, the atlanta fans are always hot and they have a new coach as well as a top draft choice, they should be fired up, but we win a squeaker. 1-0

2. home against green bay, i think rodgers is going to have a field day on us this game, i just have a gut feeling although the game is yet so far away. 1-1

3.at san fran. martz is going to wanna light us up and show the lions that his offense really does work and there is no need to run the ball when you are mike fu***** martz!!! alex smith throws 5 interceptions and we steal one in san fran. 2-1

4. bye week

5.home against chicago. they will return almost all of their defensive starters back healthy but yet grossman to lloyd does not sound like montana to rice for some reason. we win by a late second field goal. 3-1

6.at minny. if we can shut down ap then obviously we will have a chance. their defense is just too good however, and we bite another loss. 3-2

7. at houston. the texans are really turning around their team and have stockpiled a lot of young talent, especially on defense. this one is a toss up and since i am not being optimistic, i say we lose this game. 3-3

8. skins at home. I feel that by week eight, jason campbell will be lost for the season (again, just another gut feeling). i think we can shut down todd collins, however clinton portis is still an effective back. we win by 4. 4-3

9. this is where the going gets tough. i predict we lose at chicago 4-4

10. lose to jacksonville 4-5

11. upset carolina at home, who are lead by rookie of the year candidate mendanhall. 5-5

12. and lose to the bucs as they get their revenge on us from last year. 5-6

13. i believe we beat the titans on turkey day. in front of a national audience, rod finally has this team fired up and still alive for a wildcard berth. we beat the titans by a considerable margin 6-6

14. we beat the vikings at home to split the season series. 7-6

for the last 3 weeks, i feel it should be noted that these 3 teams; indy, new orleans, and green bay will all be locks/close to being locks for the playoffs near the end of the season. with that being said, they will most likely rest their backups, and we will have a slim chance. we win 2 outta the 3, only to lose at lambeau on a last second field goal in week 17 to spoil our wildcard dream. final record 9-7 which is attainable, but highly unlikely. (i guess i was being more optimistic then i thought i was.)

P-L
04-15-2008, 03:31 PM
We'll probably squeak out between 2-4 wins, but not much else. We only have two "easy" opponents and both those games are on the road.

Prowler
04-15-2008, 05:31 PM
i'm expecting to be drafting 9th next year, there is a nice chance to set a positive tone early in the year, then try and build off of it

Maybe Next Year Millen2
04-15-2008, 05:55 PM
i'm expecting to be drafting 9th next year, there is a nice chance to set a positive tone early in the year, then try and build off of it

Picking 9th after we trade up from 32nd.

Iamcanadian
04-15-2008, 10:58 PM
We play most of the teams we are capable of winning on the road. 2-4 wins look about right unless we draft a RB like Mendenhall and our offense really gels. QB's will be licking their chops looking at our defense but you cannot build everything up in one season.