PDA

View Full Version : watson fractures kneecap on treadmill

BeerBaron
04-15-2008, 06:02 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2008/04/15/20080415watsonknee.html

didnt see this article over here anywhere and thought you guys might like to give it a read. the team is optimistic that he'll be back for the start of the 08 season

fenikz
04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Ouch Watson was a beast last year, single handedly he made us one of the toughest teams to run against, hopefully he can get back healthy before the season or Branch is gonna have to step it up big

Jensen
04-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Fracturing a kneecap will take some serious recovery time. I doubt he will be back for the start of the '08 season fully healthy and ready to play.

etk
04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
This is very unfortunate for a player that was trying to overcome weight issues....people have always questioned his dedication but he injured himself working out independently after a team workout...so that's pretty dedicated. I wish him the best in his recovery as it sucks to climb up the ladder and get pushed down to the bottom as you're close to the top.

fenikz
04-18-2008, 05:30 PM
This is very unfortunate for a player that was trying to overcome weight issues....people have always questioned his dedication but he injured himself working out independently after a team workout...so that's pretty dedicated. I wish him the best in his recovery as it sucks to climb up the ladder and get pushed down to the bottom as you're close to the top.

In the long run i think he could turn out being one of the biggest steals in Cardinals history, the only thing people had against him was his work ethic and he has done nothing but what the coaches have asked and more, he already was a beasr of a NT last year and made us one of the best run stopping teams in the NFL, so as he continues to work I think he could become a premiere NT in the league.

LonghornsLegend
04-19-2008, 02:10 AM
Alot of people had high expectations for him going into the draft, and he really did improve since he was drafted, this news bummed me out...Not sure how Branch looks in a starting role, but I want to see Watson return to full speed, seeing how he turned out gives me hope for Frank Okam.

fenikz
04-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I actually would like the Cardinals to take Okam in the 4th if he is available and move Branch to 3-4 DE

Geo
04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
I read this not too long ago, it sucked to hear. Hopefully he recovers fully and ASAP.

Shahin
04-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I remember Alan Branch was a top prospect last year before the draft. His stock did drop pretty bad. How come he hasn't been contributing?

fenikz
04-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I remember Alan Branch was a top prospect last year before the draft. His stock did drop pretty bad. How come he hasn't been contributing?

He has it's just that our D-Line was set before we drafted him and he was used in a rotational role, towards the end of the season he was rotating in at all 3 spots on the line.

Our D-Line is very underrated, Antonio Smith is a beast