PDA

View Full Version : San Diego LB Cooper suspended 4 games

nobodyinparticular
04-15-2008, 11:58 PM
...for substance abuse.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3348671

This isn't the first time he's been caught with a banned substance. When he was in college, he was caught with over 1,000 steroid pills.

CC.SD
04-15-2008, 11:59 PM
edit: Nevermind. Lame.

Time to wake up for Anthony Waters.

Word on the Charger boards is ephedra. Dumb.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Cant say Im suprised. This is what you expect from the Chargers.

CC.SD
04-16-2008, 12:32 AM

As opposed to the Raiders, from which we expect absolutely nothing.

Cooper screwed himself and it's embarrassing, not to mention dangerous given the deaths associated with Ephedra. I won't defend him.

JK17
04-16-2008, 12:41 AM

Yeah because two players have been caught with them...

Cooper's a moron then, which is a shame because he did really well last year. Hopefully Anthony Waters can step up big time for us, because otherwise this could spell some trouble.

kmartin575
04-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah because two players have been caught with them...

Cooper's a moron then, which is a shame because he did really well last year. Hopefully Anthony Waters can step up big time for us, because otherwise this could spell some trouble.

More than 2. Cooper, Castillo, and Merriman have now all been caught with some sort of substance.

gdamac
04-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Will this help the Raiders beat SD in the first game? I doubt it.

Also, I doubt that the overall problem is more prevelant in SD than any where else, more or less. As much as I would like to talk smack about SD, but the facts are what they are. I just hope no Raiders are doping and if they are they don't get caught. Call me cynical but I figure more guys are getting away with it then get caught.

leroyisgod
04-16-2008, 01:48 AM
This is very disappointing no matter what the substance was.

d34ng3l021
04-16-2008, 01:57 AM
Will this help the Raiders beat SD in the first game? I doubt it.

Also, I doubt that the overall problem is more prevelant in SD than any where else, more or less. As much as I would like to talk smack about SD, but the facts are what they are. I just hope no Raiders are doping and if they are they don't get caught. Call me cynical but I figure more guys are getting away with it then get caught.

With Hall and Asomugha and Russell, anything is possible.

Those Chargers and their substances. *shakes heads*

Its almost as if every team has an identity

Chargers - Substance Abuse
Bengals - Arrests galore
Raiders - Bad attitude (this may be changing?)
Falcons - Killing Dogs (our DT also got caught killing his GFs dog)
Patriots - Cheaters

TitleTown088
04-16-2008, 02:53 AM
As opposed to the Raiders, from which we expect absolutely nothing.

Cooper screwed himself and it's embarrassing, not to mention dangerous given the deaths associated with Ephedra. I won't defend him.
You basically did with your Raiders comment....

nobodyinparticular
04-16-2008, 03:27 AM

Haha, no that was just a backhanded comment about the Raiders being terrible.

DragonFireKai
04-16-2008, 03:58 AM

No thst was just him pointing out that the Raiders have become excessively pathetic recently. As someone who was born in Oakland, the state of the team wounds me. His comment wasn't false, it was just irrelevent to the discussion.

This doesn't suprise me. PED users tend to come in bunches, due to system level monitoring by the various teams. It seems like the Chargers are the team that's lax in monitoring.

Thunder&Lightning
04-16-2008, 06:52 AM
God Damn Cooper just doing something idotic again... He really needs to wake up. This really pisses me off Cooper showed some serious potential last year and I thought he would play a significant role in the Chargers defense this year... Waters will really have to step up which I think he can. Cooper loses oppurtunity and the respect of his fans and teammates... Its a shame.

JK17
04-16-2008, 07:09 AM
More than 2. Cooper, Castillo, and Merriman have now all been caught with some sort of substance.

As much as you like to jump in everytime something goes wrong for SD Castillo has never been caught in the NFL with steroids, that was college. And thats still 3. I know, its a huge difference between 2 and 3 right?...

AkiliSmith
04-16-2008, 07:41 AM

Bengals - Arrests galore
Patriots - Cheaters

You forgot:

Browns - Staph infections
Steelers - Woman beaters

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-16-2008, 09:56 AM
You forgot:

Browns - Staph infections
Steelers - Woman beaters
Jags-The team nobody cares about untill the playoffs.

CC.SD
04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Haha, no that was just a backhanded comment about the Raiders being terrible.

Finally, someone who understands me!

LonghornsLegend
04-16-2008, 12:35 PM

Bengals - Arrests galore
Patriots - Cheaters

Steelers - Domestic Abuse

edit: im really late :(

TheGreatEscape
04-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Steelers - Domestic Abuse

edit: im really late :(

Ya *****, ya

kmartin575
04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
As much as you like to jump in everytime something goes wrong for SD Castillo has never been caught in the NFL with steroids, that was college. And thats still 3. I know, its a huge difference between 2 and 3 right?...

So that means it's allright? And it wasn't in college IIRC, it was between college and the NFL. He said he took the substances so he could more quickly recover from an elbow injury.

And then of course there is Rodney Harrison getting caught with the Patriots. For some reason I doubt he just started doing those substances all of a sudden once he joined the Patriots.

ChezPower4
04-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Disapionting, all i want to know is why?

CC.SD
04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
So that means it's allright? And it wasn't in college IIRC, it was between college and the NFL. He said he took the substances so he could more quickly recover from an elbow injury.

And then of course there is Rodney Harrison getting caught with the Patriots. For some reason I doubt he just started doing those substances all of a sudden once he joined the Patriots.

Yeah you obviously haven't been watching the NFL for very long if you think Rodney was on steroids when we cut him. He was horrible out there. Then his career exploded again in NE. You tell me.

JK17
04-16-2008, 03:01 PM

Sigh...point out where I said it was arlight please. In case you can't find it, which you wouldn't be able to since I actually made a point of saying how stupid the steroid usage is, please try to understand that all I am saying is that a couple (2-3) people on the team (over 55 people) does not make it a team-wide problem, nor does it make a league-wide problem something that is only happening in San Diego, unless of course, we're the only team with people who have substance-abuse issues...by that same token couldn't I say KC is full of players who drive drunk because Jared Allen did it? I could, but it would be a moronic comment.

And no, your wrong,the steroid usage with Castillo arose during interviews where he admitted to use in college. Not between College and the NFL. And regardless, it occured before his first NFL season. And the Rodney Harrison comment, aside from only going off Harrison's statements, where he actually said it began around when he left SD, is also pure speculation. But its okay, I know its tough when the only thing you're capable of doing on this forum is praising a Chiefs player or knocking a division rival.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2008, 08:56 AM
what was the exact substance? i want to know what he failed the test for.

Number 10
04-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Another Charger on roids?

Who's next?

JK17
04-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Another Charger on roids?

Who's next?

There are 2 Chargers who have failed drug tests. It's not like a spygate thing where people are just speculating other teams cheat, its been confirmed, with tests that other teams have players on steroids. It's not a San Diego problem, its an NFL problem.