PDA

View Full Version : My final Steelers mock draft

SmarterThanU
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
RD1- Trevor Laws DL Notre Dame

Laws has a non-stop motor guy who gives his all on every play. All three starters on the DL will be over thirty in 2008 and the top back-ups of Kirschke (34) and Hoke (32) aren’t any better. The Steelers need to get younger quick on the DL.

RD2- Jordy Nelson WR Kansas St.

Nelson is a lunch box type football player. Meaning he does work. Willing to do what is best for the team. Has soft reliable hands and has great body control knowing how to adjust to the ball. Has football speed as seen when running away from Aqib Talib versus Kansas for an 80 yarder.

RD3- Anthony Collins OT Kansas

Collins stock has dropped due to poor forty times. But how often does a OT run forty yards. Collins has quick feet good hands. Needs some experience but has all the tools. Should push for time at RT this year and maybe a future LT.

RD4- Marcus Griffin FS Texas

Anthony Smith has flashes of being a great safety. But also has flashes of letting WR;s run past him and score TD’s. Griffin is the twin of first round pick Michael. Marcus had a great Senior season with 5 pbu’s AND 5 int’s while notching 91 tackles.

RD5- Jacob Hester RB LSU

Jack of all trades master of none. He can run well, catch well, block well but not exceptional at any. Reminds me a lot of Brian Leonard of last year minus all the hype. Loves the game and is willing to do what is best for the team. Immediate special teamer with some third down back and goal line potential.

RD6- Maurice Murray DL New Mexico St.

Raw JUCO transfer. But has played and started two years in the 3-4 defense. Has the size at 6-3 334lbs. He penetrates well and stuffs the run. Should at least push for a roster spot with guys like Nick Eason and Ryan McBean.

Jakey
04-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Sorry man...that might be my least favourite mock i have ever seen. I dont like the value, and i dnt like the players. Soory bro!

FordFairlane
04-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Very unique mock. Truthfully, this is probably one of the most realistic mocks I have see for the Steelers. People always want the Steelers to take Mel Kipers best available player but they usually find players that fit their system and are usually not busts. 2001 Casey Hampton when most had Shaun Rogers as the best DT coming out of Texas. Kendall Simmons in 2002 when Gurode or Fontoi where the so called top dogs. 2003 Troy Polamalu, 2004 Big Ben, 2005 Heath Miller, 2006 Santonio Holmes. Even though Jakey is probably right that most mocks would have this as a bad value I see all your picks very much Steelers type players.

DeathbyStat
04-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Laws is not a first rounder

Santonio10
04-17-2008, 09:39 PM
I like Laws, but not where you have him at. Second round i would definately take him, but not in the first. Same with Nelson, not worth a second round pick when he'll probably be there in the third.

I dont want to seem mean, but this isn't exactly the best mock ive seen. Its ok though, these things are hard to figure out. Keep workin at it my friend :)