PDA

View Full Version : Ocho Cinco puts a stamp on his position

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 01:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I saw that. A first round pick is definitly out of the question now. Maybe even a 2nd as well.

PackerLegend
04-16-2008, 01:51 PM
This is turning into the Javon Walker saga.......... well kind of only Johnson has proven alot more.

JagHombre22
04-16-2008, 01:52 PM
I'd quickly give a second and third to the bengals for him...

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
This is turning into the Javon Walker saga.......... well kind of only Johnson has proven alot more.

yeah 85 has had more than one good season

I think Washington has to make a move for him

themaninblack
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
punk. i hope Palmer whips his ass if he decides to show up to any offseason stuff. Maybe that would shut him up.

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 01:54 PM

The reason why you shouldn't is because now teams have all the chips in the world in their favor. Everyone knows that the only thing the Bengals can do is trade or cut, and there is no reason to cut him. I say he won't go for anything higher than a 3rd on draft day.

DiG
god i beg that he comes to dc!!!

No reason to think he's worth anything less than a second.

DiG
04-16-2008, 01:55 PM
i wouldnt even think twice about giving a second. get it done dan!

Geo
04-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Ugh, thank goodness for the retards at ESPN because who else would listen to this dumbass. Who cares what he says, he's under contract to the Cincinnati Bengals and he's not going to get out of this situation and criticism like a mouthy coward. Compiling stats and thinking up touchdown celebrations doesn't cut it long-term, you need to be consistent and help your team get to the playoffs.

It's funny that he wants to get traded to a team in the playoffs, considering it's players like Chad Johnson that make a team don't get to the playoffs in the first place.

GB12
04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
yeah 85 has had more than one good season
In the two seasons before we traded him Walker had over 2000 yards and 21 TDs. He was becoming one of the top WRs. It's the injuries more then anything and then the attitude problems. No one questioned what he can do when he's actually on the field.

JagHombre22
04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
The reason why you shouldn't is because now teams have all the chips in the world in their favor. Everyone knows that the only thing the Bengals can do is trade or cut, and there is no reason to cut him. I say he won't go for anything higher than a 3rd on draft day.

a team in need of a true number one receiver will definitely force the Bengals to trade him....and I imagine they won't give him up for any less than a second round pick...I can see something happening like what happened with Meshawn Johnson and the Bucs where the team suspended him....

but I don't see them cutting him...

JagHombre22
04-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Ugh, thank goodness for the retards at ESPN because who else would listen to this dumbass. Who cares what he says, he's under contract to the Cincinnati Bengals and he's not going to get out of this situation and criticism like a mouthy coward. Compiling stats and thinking up touchdown celebrations doesn't cut it long-term, you need to be consistent and help your team get to the playoffs.

It's funny that he wants to get traded to a team in the playoffs, considering it's players like Chad Johnson that make a team don't get to the playoffs in the first place.

with all due respect...I think the Bengals don't get to the playoffs because they don't have a defense...

princefielder28
Anyone think there's a chance Dallas makes run at him???

Maybe swap their 28th pick for Cincinnati's 2nd and Dallas throws in a 4th/5th round pick.

That would be scary

Bengalsrocket
This is really depressing. Before all the cinci fans come in and start saying they hope we trade him - we will basically have no chance of winning our division without chad - we need him. But if he absolutely refuses to play in cincinnati, I hope we hold his contract for a year and he doesn't play at all (I know its a very unlikely situation, just really boils my blood that he is getting so mad).

And whats worse, is he stirs up all this needless drama about wanting to leave, and then the media storms TJ and Carson about it, so carson tries to get the media of his back by saying "Chad will be there in training camp". Then Chad goes onto ESPN to say "I wish he would stay out of my business" - Do people not realize when you're shouting at every media outlet possible to get your voice heard than it really stops becoming your business and starts becoming the public's business?

... I'm so mad right now ><

Geo
04-16-2008, 02:04 PM
The Bengals in 2006, like the Jags that season, were on the doorstep of making the playoffs but just couldn't make it.

Hilarious how he thinks he's the best player on the Bengals. LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it).

I feel for Carson, for having had put up with this **** for so long. It's hard enough playing quarterback in the league, Michael Irvin would say he'd blame himself for a bad pass rather than Troy Aikman to not place any additional pressure/grief on him.

Young Legend
Im surprised to see no one mention Oakland.

themaninblack
we could still win our division without Chad. We need another receiver for sure, but im confident enough in what Carson can do that without Chad we could still be successful. The defense needs to come into its own though.

JagHombre22
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM

what would oakland give the Bengals?

Bengalsrocket
04-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Anyone think there's a chance Dallas makes run at him???

Maybe swap their 28th pick for Cincinnati's 2nd and Dallas throws in a 4th/5th round pick.

That would be scary

I don't think that is that fair. The 28th pick for 46th pick? so we move up less than 20 spots and get a 4th/5th round pick for at least a top 5 WR? I realize he's devalued because he wants out of Cincinnati, but I also doubt that trade works out

DiG
04-16-2008, 02:11 PM
you guys hear that?? sounds to me like Redskins One taking off in the distance...

http://www.readexpress.com/read_freeride/photos/2007-02-12-snyder.jpg

Ness
04-16-2008, 02:15 PM
This is really depressing. Before all the cinci fans come in and start saying they hope we trade him - we will basically have no chance of winning our division without chad - we need him. But if he absolutely refuses to play in cincinnati, I hope we hold his contract for a year and he doesn't play at all (I know its a very unlikely situation, just really boils my blood that he is getting so mad).

And whats worse, is he stirs up all this needless drama about wanting to leave, and then the media storms TJ and Carson about it, so carson tries to get the media of his back by saying "Chad will be there in training camp". Then Chad goes onto ESPN to say "I wish he would stay out of my business" - Do people not realize when you're shouting at every media outlet possible to get your voice heard than it really stops becoming your business and starts becoming the public's business?

... I'm so mad right now ><
No you don't. I think TJ Houshmandzadeh is actually a better receiver than Chad Johnson.

Turtlepower
04-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Everyone here saying that Johnson will garner a 1st or an early 2nd are crazy. Teams are staying away from head cases and they also know that they have all of the leverage in negotionations of trades with the Bengals. There are reasons why fans thought that Walker and Moss would go higher than they actually did.

PackerLegend
04-16-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't think that is that fair. The 28th pick for 46th pick? so we move up less than 20 spots and get a 4th/5th round pick for at least a top 5 WR? I realize he's devalued because he wants out of Cincinnati, but I also doubt that trade works out

According to the value chart that would be the equivalent of pick #72 so early mid 3rd rounder plus 4th or 5th round. The situations are all different but Walker got a 2nd, Welker a 2nd, Moss a 4th. They know he doesn't want to stay in Cincy but teams will definitely want him and have to outbid eachother so his price will go up. He has proven he is a dominant WR and a team that doesn't want to wait for a rookie WR to develop will pay. I dont see how he couldn't go for a 2nd its definitely not to much at all. I sure think lots of teams will be interested so his price will stay up.

Bengalsrocket
04-16-2008, 02:21 PM
No you don't. I think TJ Houshmandzadeh is actually a better receiver than Chad Johnson.

No I don't what?

And TJ plays a different style than Chad, every cinci fan that thinks TJ is better than chad doesn't really understand. TJ compliments chad, and chad compliments TJ - they are different types of receivers, its like comparing apple's and oranges. TJ can be our number 1, but then we need a deep threat number 2 still. Which Holt, Gabriel and Chatman can't fill right now (maybe by the end of training camp though)

The Legend
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
i think the bucc's should trade there 1st round pick for 85, if miami can get him for a 2nd do it

Ness
04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
No I don't what?

And TJ plays a different style than Chad, every cinci fan that thinks TJ is better than chad doesn't really understand. TJ compliments chad, and chad compliments TJ - they are different types of receivers, its like comparing apple's and oranges. TJ can be our number 1, but then we need a deep threat number 2 still. Which Holt, Gabriel and Chatman can't fill right now (maybe by the end of training camp though)

You don't need Chad Johnson to be successful. You said the Bengals have no chance of winning without Chad Johnson. I find that statement absurd. Aside from that, Chad Johnson is a good player, sure, however I don't think he's worth the headache he's giving the organization at this time. Why would you want a player that doesn't want to be there? Get rid of him.

Bengalsrocket
04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
According to the value chart that would be the equivalent of pick #72 so early mid 3rd rounder plus 4th or 5th round. The situations are all different but Walker got a 2nd, Welker a 2nd, Moss a 4th. They know he doesn't want to stay in Cincy but teams will definitely want him and have to outbid eachother so his price will go up. He has proven he is a dominant WR and a team that doesn't want to wait for a rookie WR to develop will pay. I dont see how he couldn't go for a 2nd its definitely not to much at all. I sure think lots of teams will be interested so his price will stay up.

After reading your statement and a couple of other's I'll concede I guess. I hate comparing chad to the other receivers though, because like you said all their situations were different. People thought Moss had lost a step and was slowing down and becoming less productive, Walker was/is plagued by injuries and Welker wasn't that productive before the pats. Chad is still putting up crazy numbers, even in 07', his big problem is teams are going to look at him as a risk because of how he acts - and I don't know how that reflects on the value of a player in comparison to the others.

Bengalsrocket
04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
You don't need Chad Johnson to be successful. You said the Bengals have no chance of winning without Chad Johnson. I find that statement absurd. Aside from that, Chad Johnson is a good player, sure, however I don't think he's worth the headache he's giving the organization at this time. Why would you want a player that doesn't want to be there? Get rid of him.

We don't need Chad Johnson to be a successful team, but we have to replace the numbers he put up, which an average receiver like chatman / Holt / Gabriel are not going to do. And Receivers are notorious for being terrible their 1st year - so drafting one won't help with 08'. And if we repeat our running game from last year, then we certainly aren't getting those numbers out of it.

Now, with the loss of a top tier talent WR and our incredibly strong division (browns 10-6 last year, and they fixed a lot of their problems in FA already. Steelers are always good. And Ravens can always put pressure on this league simply because that defense is so good) I honestly do not think we have a shot to win our division this year with out chad johnson.

Also, the AFC-North's schedule is so ridiculously tough right now, I can almost garuntee it will produce no wild cards.

So we're banking on miracles at this point =/

21ST
04-16-2008, 02:32 PM
3rd and a 4th do it danny boy

Ness
04-16-2008, 02:33 PM
We don't need Chad Johnson to be a successful team, but we have to replace the numbers he put up, which an average receiver like chatman / Holt / Gabriel are not going to do. And Receivers are notorious for being terrible their 1st year - so drafting one won't help with 08'. And if we repeat our running game from last year, then we certainly aren't getting those numbers out of it.

Now, with the loss of a top tier talent WR and our incredibly strong division (browns 10-6 last year, and they fixed a lot of their problems in FA already. Steelers are always good. And Ravens can always put pressure on this league simply because that defense is so good) I honestly do not think we have a shot to win our division this year with out chad johnson.

Also, the AFC-North's schedule is so ridiculously tough right now, I can almost garuntee it will produce no wild cards.

So we're banking on miracles at this point =/

You guys have had Chad Johnson and haven't had a winning season since 2005. I would trade Chad Johnson for an upgraded defense no question. I have confidence that your offense could still be productive. But really, I think your problems have come on the defensive side of the football, not the offensive side. You shouldn't have to have a shootout to win your games every single time. You need balance.

CC.SD
04-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I guess Chad doesn't want to be the Marvin to Carson's Peyton anymore. Oh well. He's a great player, and he's caught way too much flack for Cincy's losing ways. I look forward to seeing him in another uni, as long as it's not in the AFC West.

umphrey
04-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I read this today, thought it was relevant

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/jtaylor/stories/041608dnspoinsidecowboys.2c3df60.html

DiG
04-16-2008, 02:44 PM
pretty interesting article. it makes a lot of sense.

TyronePoole38
04-16-2008, 02:46 PM

the diff in picks is either a mid 3rd or a late 2nd depending on what trade value chart your using (not including the 4th/5th)

ChezPower4
04-16-2008, 02:47 PM

I would too, but you have to worry will he be as big of a headache where ever he goes just like he was in Cincy?

Jakey
04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
we could still win our division without Chad. We need another receiver for sure, but im confident enough in what Carson can do that without Chad we could still be successful. The defense needs to come into its own though.

Ye...you aint got a chance to win the division untill the defence gets sorted out. You'd do well to get an extra pick or two for CJ, and stock up on D'.

brat316
04-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Send him to the Eagles after June 1st. I think the Eagles will work out a trade and be like we will do it after June 1st.

661rep
04-16-2008, 04:02 PM
This was posted earlier on the Raider forum:

well for starters im not a fan of that show it sucks I was just browsing. Chad was the special guest and they start talking about the celebrations, the bengals blah and Carson asks him about "who is the cb you love to go up against?" and he said "Deangelo is my boy"
"we talk so much smack in a game you could make a book about it" then chad out of nowhere is like "HEY...you know he signed ummmm with the Raiders right???"

Then out of nowhere Chad is like "Come on get me Al, Ill help your rookie out..im serious!!!" and everyone was like silent.

just wanted to share this

LonghornsLegend
04-16-2008, 04:46 PM
The Bengals in 2006, like the Jags that season, were on the doorstep of making the playoffs but just couldn't make it.

Hilarious how he thinks he's the best player on the Bengals. LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it).

I feel for Carson, for having had put up with this **** for so long. It's hard enough playing quarterback in the league, Michael Irvin would say he'd blame himself for a bad pass rather than Troy Aikman to not place any additional pressure/grief on him.

Chad might be acting like a d*ck, but I disagree with TJ being better...and its pretty hard for you to make that claim being that Chad sees #1 cornerbacks week in and out, coverages shift towards Chad, and defenses gameplan to stop Chad, TJ has yet to play a full season with all that going against him, and until he does, I refuse to say he is better then Chad, he hasnt seen nearly the coverage Chad has, and hasnt played at a high level for as long...I just think its funny when certain guys start to act crazy off the field it makes people want to act like their not as good of a player, just because he whines like a baby doesnt mean he's not their best WR.

neko4
04-16-2008, 05:51 PM
chad you idiot, carson is a top 5 QB in the NFL, where is he gonna go to find one as good as him?

nobodyinparticular
04-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Fabian Washington and a 4th for Johnson. I'd do it.

The Legend
04-16-2008, 06:32 PM
chad you idiot, carson is a top 5 QB in the NFL, where is he gonna go to find one as good as him?

he should goto the patriots

RaiderNation
04-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Alot of reports from forums on the internet i searched on google say

"According to radio reports in Oakland and Cincy the Raiders have offered a deal for Chad Johnson. The deal includes Stuart Schweigert, Fabian Washington, and a 2009 draft pick (2nd and 4th) for Ocho Cinco."

MooshooGawd
04-16-2008, 06:39 PM
As a Bengals fan, I hope that this works out kind of like the Kobe/Lakers incident did last year. Bryant wanted out, didn't get what he wanted, and then used that to fuel his team to the playoffs.

Chad's not that type.

I hate that he's saying he wants out because he doesn't like the direction they're going in. Last year was just a bizzare year where everything that could go wrong did go wrong (injury wise). With that said, they still went 7-9. The defense played really well the 2nd half of the season, they have a STUD QB, a WR opposite him that allows him to get open, a city that (used) to adore everything he did, and they're about to get an immediate impact player in the draft. This team could easily bounce right back.

He's complaining about the Bengals, yet he's wanting to be traded to teams like Oakland and Miami? Here's the real problem, last year the Cincinnati fans and media really got tired of his act. The guy doesn't take criticism well at all. He started boycotting the local media because they began to question him and ask if he was a distraction.

He also signed a longtime contract a few years ago that would have made him 'a Bengal for life'. The contract was frontloaded heavily and now Chad isn't making what he once did. He wants more money.

Just imagine the tantrums he would have if he had a QB like Jason Campbell.

I'd like to see the Bengals call his bluff and make all of this backfire.

johbur
04-16-2008, 06:58 PM
The Packers could trade James Jones (3rd round pick last year, had the third best WR season) and their second they received from Cleveland for him, if they thought his head would be in the game in GB. I look at TO going to Dallas and Moss going to NE, so it is possible that if you have the right staff and situation you can handle these WR divas. Not sure Chad would like competing for reps with Donald Driver and Greg jennings, but that would be a pretty good reason to go three wide...

Aftermath
04-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Fabian Washington and a 4th for Johnson. I'd do it.

Keep dreaming, we dont even need a CB.

JagHombre22
04-16-2008, 07:12 PM

he doesn't have to go to a team that has a gun slinger for a QB...he could easily go to the Skins, Jags, or Bucs and thrive there...

LonghornsLegend
04-16-2008, 07:24 PM
I always think its funny when a guy complains about losing, and that he wants to win and go to a winner, then a few weeks later you hear about them getting traded to the Raiders lol...That would be fun to see, personally I dont want Chad in Dallas so I hope we dont come knocking, not just the pick its the attention he brings, Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin are just as good, younger and alot quieter in the lockeroom...Also his contract would be tough to manage, maybe they want Roy Williams and Akin Ayodele with a pick, that be pretty awesome.

Brothgar
04-16-2008, 07:35 PM
The Eagles are an interesting trade possibility I know they don't need a CB but you throw Lito Shepard + a 2nd round pick for CJ I think it would fly for both teams and could be the pieces to a 3 team trade. GB, Tampa, both teams would throw a 2nd 3rd round choice if not a 1st for Lito.
Don't let the Eagles fool you just because the trade rumors are gone doesn't mean the Eagles aren't interested in trading him

JagHombre22
04-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I always think its funny when a guy complains about losing, and that he wants to win and go to a winner, then a few weeks later you hear about them getting traded to the Raiders lol...That would be fun to see, personally I dont want Chad in Dallas so I hope we dont come knocking, not just the pick its the attention he brings, Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin are just as good, younger and alot quieter in the lockeroom...Also his contract would be tough to manage, maybe they want Roy Williams and Akin Ayodele with a pick, that be pretty awesome.

lol at trading Akin Ayodele for Chad Johnson

BigJohn98
04-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I'll gladly welcome Chad to Jacksonville. Remember Chad, no state income tax...

ThePudge
04-16-2008, 07:45 PM
The Bengals won't trade him. Sit him, he doesn't want to play for them, he won't have to. He won't play for anyone.

Captain Fear
04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
god i beg that he comes to dc!!!

I can't even begin to imagine the ridiculous antics Chad and Clinton would cook up.

GB12
04-16-2008, 07:55 PM
The Packers could trade James Jones (3rd round pick last year, had the third best WR season) and their second they received from Cleveland for him, if they thought his head would be in the game in GB. I look at TO going to Dallas and Moss going to NE, so it is possible that if you have the right staff and situation you can handle these WR divas. Not sure Chad would like competing for reps with Donald Driver and Greg jennings, but that would be a pretty good reason to go three wide...
I'd be 100% against that.

Thunder&Lightning
04-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Haha wow chad...chad...chad. Bengals just get this tick that is sucking the blood out of your franchise and move on...

PalmerToCJ
04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Why do the Lito Sheppard rumors keep coming up? We don't need a freaking corner.

I'd love to see him never set foot in the facilities, sit out the year and rot away. Part of me loves the stance the they won't trade him, the other part wishes he could just be gone.

Packman1957
04-16-2008, 08:23 PM

Finally something we agree on.

No way would I trade for Chad Johnson. Never. And I don't think there is any chance TT would ever consider it.

DoWnThEfiElD
04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
I've always liked Chad, but im starting to lose respect for the guy after he is going on a media tour trying to cut all ties with Cinn. I find it hard he can't go quietly to the front office say trade me or im sitting out, without going to various media outlets to continue to pronounce what we already know.

umphrey
04-16-2008, 08:54 PM

Because of Chad or because of what we'd give up?

princefielder28
04-16-2008, 09:05 PM

the price is a definite no and the baggage is probably a no too

farfromforgotten
04-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Compiling stats and thinking up touchdown celebrations doesn't cut it long-term, you need to be consistent and help your team get to the playoffs.

Chad doesnt play defense, thats the only thing keeping the Bengals from the playoffs.

There arent very many NFL WRs who "consistently" put up numbers the way Chad has the past 5 or 6 years. You dont want to like him because of his personality or what he is doing now, thats fine. Dont bring up this crap about him being inconsistent and TJ being the best WR on the Bengals. TJ put up 1 big year. Thats right he has 1 under his belt and so many on here praise him as being the reason that Chad is good. Its ridiculous, he was putting up numbers before TJ and even before Carson was starting. Go check the stats, I know a lot of people dont like to judge by stats and there is nothing wrong with that but I hear also from a lot of people on here that Chad gets all his stats in 2 or 3 big games. Check last years stats during TJs big year. Chad is more consistent week to week than TJ, except in TDs.

I'm not saying that the Bengals shouldnt try to move him, especially after this, but good luck to Carson and TJ next year. The Bengals are a team that has to out score opponents to win the games they do win.

GB12
04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Well the whole situation wouldn't make much sense. We certainly aren't lacking at WR, it's our deepest position. We have Donald Driver coming off a probowl season, Greg Jennings who's 12 TDs was good for 4th best in the NFL (and 4 more than Chad Johnson), James Jones who was a promising rookie, Ruvell Martin who has grown to be a solid receiver the past two years and can be a redzone threat, and Koren Robinson who's a pretty damn good 4th/5th option. There's no need to bring in Chad Johnson. Could he improve our offense? Sure, but not enough to where it's worth it. He's a headcase. People often just shrug off what he does because it's "funny", but he's more of a distraction than Randy Moss who catches a lot more criticism for it. Also what happens when he's not getting the ball? We have a new QB, and have the guys I mentioned above to spread it around to already. With Brett Favre maybe it'd be something to think about doing to push us over the edge to win the superbowl, but then we would have just signed Moss.

farfromforgotten
04-16-2008, 09:23 PM
He's a headcase. People often just shrug off what he does because it's "funny", but he's more of a distraction than Randy Moss who catches a lot more criticism for it.

I dont think that Green Bay needs him. I find this post humerous. Considering that when Randy is on losing teams he causes a "distraction" by not playing to his full potential or giving a damn. Chad has been part of several losing seasons in Cincinnati and put up the same numbers every year.

PalmerToCJ
04-16-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't care what the stats say, TJ is just flat out more consistent than Chad. We need a big reception, TJ is there. We need a big 1st down, TJ is there.

Getting our defense in line and running game back together is of more importance than having CJ moaning out there. I'm not saying he's not important to our team, that'd be foolish but well before this year I always preferred TJ over CJ. It's just something that sticks out watching the games, Chad's stats blow away TJ's really less the TD's.

Chad's not worth the pain, can't think of the last big catch he made and him bombing in the Denver game in '06 cost us the playoffs since he seems to think we're so incapable of making it.

farfromforgotten
04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't care what the stats say, TJ is just flat out more consistent than Chad. We need a big reception, TJ is there. We need a big 1st down, TJ is there.

For 1 season and even that is debatable...here is one more group of "stats" for you to look over. Since this is the other debate "TJ makes the 1st downs and bigger 3rd down receptions" to go along with the "CJ is only good because of TJ" crowd.

Chad Johnson had 93 rec of those 74 went for 1st downs that is a 79.6% of his catches. That percentage is 4th in the AFC. Of the three players listed above him none of them had more than 55 receptions in 2007. TJ is not on this list of top 20 for the AFC.

TJ did have 27 receptions on 3rd down that went for 1st downs, that did lead the AFC. CJ is only 2 players down on that list from him, with a mere 22 receptions made on 3rd down that went for 1st downs in 2007.

Packer_Backer
04-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I dont think that Green Bay needs him. I find this post humerous. Considering that when Randy is on losing teams he causes a "distraction" by not playing to his full potential or giving a damn. Chad has been part of several losing seasons in Cincinnati and put up the same numbers every year.

I think the main problem with Chad is that he doesn't perceive himself to be the true number one. In years past TJ has been in Chads shadow, but with TJ's performance last year and Chad's injuries the spotlight shown on TJ. Chad wouldn't work with the Packers, because he wouldn't be a clear number one, he got to go to a team lacking that.

neko4
04-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Our spread offense would piss Chad off I bet even if we went 19-0

Geo
04-16-2008, 11:07 PM
For 1 season and even that is debatable...here is one more group of "stats" for you to look over. Since this is the other debate "TJ makes the 1st downs and bigger 3rd down receptions" to go along with the "CJ is only good because of TJ" crowd.

Chad Johnson had 93 rec of those 74 went for 1st downs that is a 79.6% of his catches. That percentage is 4th in the AFC. Of the three players listed above him none of them had more than 55 receptions in 2007. TJ is not on this list of top 20 for the AFC.

TJ did have 27 receptions on 3rd down that went for 1st downs, that did lead the AFC. CJ is only 2 players down on that list from him, with a mere 22 receptions made on 3rd down that went for 1st downs in 2007.
What's with the one-sided stuff?

2007 Chad Johnson
160 targets, 93 receptions, 58.125% catch rate
1440 yards, 15.5 ypr, 8 Tds, 27 20+, 4 40+
74 receptions for first down

2007 TJ Housh
168 targets, 112 receptions, 66.667% catch rate
1143 yards, 10.2 ypr, 12 Tds, 9 20+, 1 40+
70 receptions for first down

Johnson racks up yardage, but the touchdowns come in bunches. He scored all 8 touchdowns in 2007 in only 4 games (1- Wk 1 BAL, 2- Wk 2 @ CLE, 3- Wk 13 TEN, 2- Wk 17 @MIA), just like he scored all 7 touchdowns in 2006 in only 4 games (1- Wk 2 CLE, 1- Wk 8 ATL, 2- Wk 10 SD, 3- Wk 11 @NO). He hasn't scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers since Week 11 of the 2004 season, and that's including the 2005 wildcard playoff game at home where he was a lunatic at halftime.

Wsupremest
04-16-2008, 11:09 PM
well its becasue of carson palmer he needs to stay consistant

Geo
04-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Carson made Chris Henry into an 9-TD #3 receiver. Carson is the saving grace to the Cincinnati Bengals franchise, he's anything but the problem.

Like we saw in the Patriots game last season, Johnson ran the wrong route and then proceeded to ***** and whine at Palmer afterwards on national TV. Carson has to deal with this nonsense unfortunately, and he'll have to bite his tongue for at least one more year until TJ is re-signed and the team drafts at least one new talent at receiver.

MooshooGawd
04-16-2008, 11:25 PM
I wonder how long it'll be until Chad is doing situps in his driveway and having press confrences outside his house with Rosenhaus.

Bengals.com has a great writeup on how the Bengals will react to this. Basically, with the way the salary cap is, the Bengals would be killing themselves by trading him. It would be an 8 million dollar cap hit and the Bengals would have to cut some veterans just to make up for that. Plus, with the release of Chris Henry, they're already weak at that position.

When was the last time a player made a threat like this and actually went through with it? I know Keenan McCardell did it a few years ago, but Chad will report at some point.

He's not doing himself any favors by calling out Carson, Marvin and the organization.

PackerLegend
04-17-2008, 12:21 AM
A good point was brought up by ESPN. Lance Briggs last year "I will never play for the Chicago Bears again bam franchise tag... now signed a multi year deal. Ya Chad doesn't want to play for the Bengals but Chad does want money and if he isnt traded and wont play...well he don't get no money then. The Bengals cap hit would be huge but Chad has questioned Carson, coaches, the team etc. Eventually with players like this taking the cap hit becomes worth it. It will be very hard to move Chad with all the money involved and I find it unlikely he would sit and not play.

PalmerToCJ
04-17-2008, 01:08 AM

You will NEVER hear me say TJ makes CJ or vice versa. It's just not the case. I'm tired of all the people that say one makes the other or that they make Carson or Carson makes them. They're all very good players.

Chad has more dropsies than TJ (which isn't saying much, TJ has velcro).

You're looking at stats.... I'm looking at EVERY Bengals game since our trio has become so strong. I'd dare you to find a Bengals fan that says Chad makes bigger plays.

Against Denver in '06... With the playoffs on the line. He had a fumble loss that KILLED us, a BONEHEAD illegal formation call that cost us a 70+ yard TD to Henry and didn't fight for a ball that ended up a red zone INT.

He is, IMO, the best deep play WR in the league and he's money on sideline routes. A finesse WR. TJ does the hard work, doesn't complain and makes plays. He comes to play in big games, Chad comes to play against teams in the cellar.

LonghornsLegend
04-17-2008, 01:19 AM
lol at trading Akin Ayodele for Chad Johnson

I assumed anyone who read that would know I was talking about a 1st rd pick along with them...But it doesnt matter, I'm pretty sure we wont be in the market for him which is fine by me, his contract is too huge for us considering there are still guys who need to be resigned.

Who was just trying to tell me there was no chance in hell Chad gets traded, I think like last week? Still feel the same way?

After Chad's comments though, i cant see any scenario where he can play for Cincy, he basically blasted Carson, Marvin, basically everyone in the organization except for TJ(who I never hear talk and would love to hear his perspective on this)...Cincy is just going to have to take the cap hit and get what they can...But their WR core would be depleted after this.

no love
04-17-2008, 01:58 AM

2007 Chad Johnson

2007 TJ Housh

Johnson racks up yardage, but the touchdowns come in bunches. He scored all 8 touchdowns in 2007 in only 4 games (1- Wk 1 BAL, 2- Wk 2 @ CLE, 3- Wk 13 TEN, 2- Wk 17 @MIA), just like he scored all 7 touchdowns in 2006 in only 4 games (1- Wk 2 CLE, 1- Wk 8 ATL, 2- Wk 10 SD, 3- Wk 11 @NO). He hasn't scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers since Week 11 of the 2004 season, and that's including the 2005 wildcard playoff game at home where he was a lunatic at halftime.

It's not that Johnson racks up yardage. It's how he does it. Explosive plays (of 20+ yards) are a defensive coaches worst nightmare. They are what every team wants to have in their offense.

And Chad has always brought an explosive element to the game and that is where his value is.

Whether one is better or not. I don't think one can argue either way bc they are both damn good. HOWEVER, it is hard to find vertical threats like CJ and they are more valuable on the market. It's kind of like passrushering ends on defense, yah it's great to have a DE that can do a little bit of both, but the better pass rusher is going to garner a bigger contract.

D-Unit
04-17-2008, 02:59 AM
Get yo popcorn ready! :D

M.O.T.H.
04-17-2008, 03:10 AM

Oh my god...lol. Now that's a sig...haha. I think you're dreaming if you think Chad will ever be a Cowboy but, that is a quality sig.

Modano
04-17-2008, 03:18 AM

ahahah... what a sig!

farfromforgotten
04-17-2008, 03:24 AM

2007 Chad Johnson

2007 TJ Housh

I put all I needed to in my post responding to the TJ makes more important catches and is more consistent post by PalmertoCJ.

And also earlier when you said this "LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it)."

For some time? Again you have one year to go on. *shakes head* I dunno, I'm done trying to argue this point. It's just I never hear anything bad about Chad Johnson until all of this started and then all of the sudden everyone is like Chad sucks, TJ is the more consistent WR, blah blah blah. I might be the only one who remembers past last year regarding this topic. It is just absurd to me. I see all these statements and I try to remind people that CJ has done his business for the past 6 years compared to TJs 1. That CJ has made just as many important catches than TJ. Thats what this 1 sided-ness is for. I dont even want the guy and I'm not a Bengals fan. I have however lived my whole life in the Ohio area, so I have seen a lot of Bengals games.

I think the Bengals need both of them to be successful. I like both players. I tend to take CJs side just when I see all the negative posts about him. Again, you dont like how he is acting right now? Fine, I can respect that. Just dont try to make it like he hasnt done anything useful for the Bengals since they have drafted him and he is less important than TJ. Ok, I'm done now. Carry on...

44stick
04-17-2008, 04:01 AM
I put all I needed to in my post responding to the TJ makes more important catches and is more consistent post by PalmertoCJ.

And also earlier when you said this "LOL, he's not even the best receiver on his own team, nor has he for some time (and I've been saying this for over a year now, glad some are starting to see it)."

For some time? Again you have one year to go on. *shakes head* I dunno, I'm done trying to argue this point. It's just I never hear anything bad about Chad Johnson until all of this started and then all of the sudden everyone is like Chad sucks, TJ is the more consistent WR, blah blah blah. I might be the only one who remembers past last year regarding this topic. It is just absurd to me. I see all these statements and I try to remind people that CJ has done his business for the past 6 years compared to TJs 1. That CJ has made just as many important catches than TJ. Thats what this 1 sided-ness is for. I dont even want the guy and I'm not a Bengals fan. I have however lived my whole life in the Ohio area, so I have seen a lot of Bengals games.

I think the Bengals need both of them to be successful. I like both players. I tend to take CJs side just when I see all the negative posts about him. Again, you dont like how he is acting right now? Fine, I can respect that. Just dont try to make it like he hasnt done anything useful for the Bengals since they have drafted him and he is less important than TJ. Ok, I'm done now. Carry on...

I don't understand why you think TJ has only had 1 good year. I can tell you from watching both players since they've been with team, TJ is the person I hope gets the the ball thrown to him on third down. Chad Johnson makes amazing plays when the game isn't on the line. Housh fights for every reception like its the last ball he's going to catch in his career.

farfromforgotten
04-17-2008, 05:16 AM
I don't understand why you think TJ has only had 1 good year. I can tell you from watching both players since they've been with team, TJ is the person I hope gets the the ball thrown to him on third down. Chad Johnson makes amazing plays when the game isn't on the line. Housh fights for every reception like its the last ball he's going to catch in his career.

You got me. TJ did have a good 2006 season as well. Sorry about that.

For the rest of your post...alright, same thing everyone else has said. I must be wrong. If CJ doesnt make those amazing plays earlier in the game wouldnt that mean that the Bengals wouldnt even be involved in games that go down to the wire for TJ to save the day? Both are great WRs. Both have a certain role with the team. CJ catches just as many balls for more yardage. TJ is the more physical presence in the red zone and hauls in a few more TDs. We have proof of seasons when CJ was putting up numbers without TJ on the other side, who was playing opposite CJ those years? If the Bengals lose CJ teams will not fear the deep routes anymore and will smother TJ. You dont even have Henry anymore to catch an occasional deep pass. Which brings up something else I dont understand. It seems like most of you consider CJ to just be a "big play WR" when I think of that kind of WR I think of Alvin Harper or Bernard Berrian to be more current. Guys that might catch 60 balls a year for big yardage. CJ averages 90+ catches a year for the past 5 years. Which is better than or can be compared to Moss, Owens, Holt, Harrison, etc... Yet none of those guys get mentioned as just "big play WRs". This would be similar to New England fans saying "we can afford to lose Moss, we have Wes Welker, he is the most important WR on this team because he catches the most important balls." Am I way off basis here? I'm not trying to be a smart ***.

Someone else had mentioned that the Bengals should trade CJ to get defensive help, think I saw it on ESPN earlier. That leaves them with Carson, Rudi and TJ on offense? I would be worried if I were a Bengals fan. I'm not sure what will happen at this point. Guess only time will tell.

DiG
04-17-2008, 07:59 AM
bengals fans:

do you guys think that IF the bengals went looking for trades that they would prefer looking at early picks like a second rounder or something more like a player and a mid rounder. i wouldnt be surprised to see the skins offering both. my best guess is that they offer their second rounder and maybe a conditional pick in 09 as well as offering a combo of a mid rounder with guys like marcus washington or cornelius griffin.

LonghornsLegend
04-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I gotta believe the Eagles are going to make a run in this too, maybe offer up Lito and a later pick, but they were pursuing Fitz hard I gotta believe they will make an offer for Chad.

D.Evans
04-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Chad is a great reciever and he doesnt really need to put up big numbers to make an impact. He consistantly has to be double teamed and that is the reason that Housh has been getting some good passes. housh is a good receiever but i dont think he'd be as good without Chad.

I just hope Chad goes to a team that could actually use him. I love seeing this type of stuff happen in the offseason as it makes for an intersting year ahead. Hope Cincy gets more for him than the Raiders got for Moss though.

Ware_HITStick
04-17-2008, 09:14 AM
punk. i hope Palmer whips his ass if he decides to show up to any offseason stuff. Maybe that would shut him up.

Palmer couldn't whip anyone's ass

bigbluedefense
04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
I gotta believe the Eagles are going to make a run in this too, maybe offer up Lito and a later pick, but they were pursuing Fitz hard I gotta believe they will make an offer for Chad.

after the TO incident though, do they really want Mini TO?

ATLDirtyBirds
04-17-2008, 10:02 AM
after the TO incident though, do they really want Mini TO?

I would take him if I were the Eagles. Can get a pick for Sheppard, and trade it away for Ocho.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I would take him if I were the Eagles. Can get a pick for Sheppard, and trade it away for Ocho.

If Im the Eagles, I would want to keep Lito.

The way the game is nowadays, having 3 very good CBs is such a priceless tool to have. The Eagles have that. Plus, they can always move Brown to safety.

The teams in the division will all be using a lot of 3 WR looks. Combating that with the trio of Samuel, Brown and Lito is something the Eagles should definitely keep around.

I personally felt they shouldve went after Donte Stallworth again. He was electric for them when he was on the field.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-17-2008, 10:07 AM
If Im the Eagles, I would want to keep Lito.

The way the game is nowadays, having 3 very good CBs is such a priceless tool to have. The Eagles have that. Plus, they can always move Brown to safety.

The teams in the division will all be using a lot of 3 WR looks. Combating that with the trio of Samuel, Brown and Lito is something the Eagles should definitely keep around.

I personally felt they shouldve went after Donte Stallworth again. He was electric for them when he was on the field.

I agree on Lito, but everything I've read points to him being traded. Same on Stallworth. Surprised more teams weren't after him.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
I agree on Lito, but everything I've read points to him being traded. Same on Stallworth. Surprised more teams weren't after him.

yeah, Stallworth surprisingly didn't get the attention i thought he would. if you go and look at the tape, Stallworth was more often than not, open for the Patriots. Brady just never looked his way bc he always zoned in on Moss and Welker.

In fact, go back and watch the SB. If Brady made a better effort in looking Stallworth's way, they wouldve won the SB.

I don't get why the Eagles want to trade Lito. I think its a mistake, but like you said, they seem set on doing so.

LonghornsLegend
04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
I think its because of contract hold ups, having 3 good corners means paying 3 guys top dollar, and Lito wants more money if im not mistaken.

And I never understoond why Philly let Stallworth walk, he was a great deep threat for them and opened the field up so much, I would of kept him the first time around.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2008, 10:54 AM
I think its because of contract hold ups, having 3 good corners means paying 3 guys top dollar, and Lito wants more money if im not mistaken.

And I never understoond why Philly let Stallworth walk, he was a great deep threat for them and opened the field up so much, I would of kept him the first time around.

well, they can fix that long term by moving Sheldon to safety. In the base they can play Sheldon at FS, and in the nickel have him play edge CB and move Lito in the slot.

That way they reallocate one of those top dollar contracts into a different position while maintaining great stability in the secondary for years.

*shrug*

I don't get Andy Reid sometimes. I understand why he won't draft WRs early, but he had his chance of getting a good WR in FA this year and didn't do it. I understand he made a committed effort at Moss, but he had no backup plan in case that fell through? Makes no sense to me. Stallworth shouldve never left like you said.

tjpackers
04-17-2008, 11:51 AM
he must think westbrook and mcnabb who always gets injured is all he needs

PalmerToCJ
04-17-2008, 01:36 PM
It's just I never hear anything bad about Chad Johnson until all of this started and then all of the sudden everyone is like Chad sucks, TJ is the more consistent WR, blah blah blah.

Geo and Shiver have (from my memory) always said TJ was the better WR, probably two years now they've said it.

I think it's too hard to pick one or the other in saying who's better, they're just different WR's so I won't pick. I always said TJ was more important to us, however, Chad was/is damn good... I'm just a way more vocal now that he's turned into such a d-bag.

farfromforgotten
04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Geo and Shiver have (from my memory) always said TJ was the better WR, probably two years now they've said it.

I think it's too hard to pick one or the other in saying who's better, they're just different WR's so I won't pick. I always said TJ was more important to us, however, Chad was/is damn good... I'm just a way more vocal now that he's turned into such a d-bag.

I understand your frustration with him and can respect this post. In the way I feel people dont give CJ enough credit maybe I dont give TJ enough. Anyways, no point in beating this horse anymore. I dont mean any disrespect when I argue over this topic.

What does the Bengals draft look like without him? Him bringing up that he wants to be traded before the draft or he is sitting out was a prick thing to do since the draft is right around the corner. That doesnt leave much time to get something worked out and as a guy mentioned above me hopefully they dont settle for something like what was given for Moss or Owens. I know players never really sit out but it seems like if they keep him now it will be hell in that locker room and with all the media attention during the season.

Eaglez.Fan
04-17-2008, 02:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351518&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

TJ says Chad should be traded. I wonder why.....

PalmerToCJ
04-17-2008, 09:22 PM
I understand your frustration with him and can respect this post. In the way I feel people dont give CJ enough credit maybe I dont give TJ enough. Anyways, no point in beating this horse anymore. I dont mean any disrespect when I argue over this topic.

What does the Bengals draft look like without him? Him bringing up that he wants to be traded before the draft or he is sitting out was a prick thing to do since the draft is right around the corner. That doesnt leave much time to get something worked out and as a guy mentioned above me hopefully they dont settle for something like what was given for Moss or Owens. I know players never really sit out but it seems like if they keep him now it will be hell in that locker room and with all the media attention during the season.

Hey, it's nice to "argue" with someone like you. You're reasonable about things and at least acknowledge both sides, you're not the sort to say they're always right.

Anyway, I think we go WR in the 3rd... Maybe the second. I'm personally hoping for the third. Chad will play, I really feel he won't be dealt.

Like I said, I love that Marvin isn't budging at all... But then again, I'd just assume we trade him for a late 1st/early 2nd to just get him out of here. It'd really annoy me if they did cave and got like a 3rd. As much of a pain as CJ is, I think if he went to a new team he'd bring them life initially. Then eventually they'd have to worry about him pouting but immediate results would be good IMO.

Bengalsrocket
04-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I still seriously doubt that cinci will take an 8.03 million dollar cap hit to trade him away. Lets assume we get a first round pick out of it, we're going to go way over the salary cap after signing everyone just to get rid of him.

He's benched till 2010 or we get a really really good deal for it, otherwise throwing 8 million away is not worth it.

LonghornsLegend
04-17-2008, 09:57 PM
If I'm Marvin Lewis, I'd still rather take the 8 million cap hit with the multiple 1st day picks for defense, find a way to manage around that money and try to make it work...Obviously his job is on the line, It's not going to help Marvin win with Chad on the bench with no compensation, so thats still like a cap hit when a guy isnt playing, he's under contract still, just eat the hit and take your losses...Ive seen worse, you will probably get a good deal, and if you hit on those picks have a chance to make a serious turnaround with alot more talent.

Young Legend
04-17-2008, 10:04 PM

In addition to the Cowboys and Eagles, the Raiders are reportedly among "several teams" that have expressed interest in Chad Johnson
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3352044&searchName=clayton_john&campaign=rsssrch&source=john+clayton&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3352044%26searchName% 3dclayton_john%26campaign%3drsssrch%26source%3djoh n%2bclayton

StripedWalrus
04-17-2008, 10:14 PM
I still seriously doubt that cinci will take an 8.03 million dollar cap hit to trade him away. Lets assume we get a first round pick out of it, we're going to go way over the salary cap after signing everyone just to get rid of him.

He's benched till 2010 or we get a really really good deal for it, otherwise throwing 8 million away is not worth it.

Thats exactly right Bengalsrocket. I read through the entire thread to see if anyone was going to say anything about the cap hit the Bengals would take if we would trade Johnson. Its a situation were its better for him to sit the pine then to be traded. He can sit the pine for the rest of his contract and then we can watch his potential Hall of Fame career go down the garbage tubes. He needs to face the facts that he isnt going to get his contract renegotiated, he isnt going to get traded and he is going to sit the bench. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt do something illegal next in order to get a suspension.

I have been hugely against drafting a WR early this season up until Chad's recent stunts. I used to believe that Chad would come to mandatory training camp and light the season on fire with a great year. Now I only think he is an idiot. The man said on live Television that he would be at mandatory training camp and he would be the same Chad Johnson when the season started. Now he is saying that he never said that? The man needs to watch the ESPN archive files or something and listen to himself. Maybe he should go back to College and take some classes instead of playing football. I have lost respect in him. He says he doesnt care that fans are disappointed in him, but in that same phone interview he said he would go to training camp. So I guess in reality he is crying in his room right now because we are all hurting his feelings. O well...still got TJ! and I expect big things from the other receivers we have and the one will will draft this year. I especially hope Holt has a good season.

PalmerToCJ
04-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Walrus, stick around... We've gained 3 good Bengals posters in like a week, it's a whole lot less lonely if you all stick around lol.

I agree about being against a WR. Although, after Henry is finally gone I was (and I still am) hoping for one with one of our 3rd's. Bottom line is we need to shift to more of a running/defensive team.

With Carson at QB, our Oline and TJ we're always going to lean towards pass but Marvin has made a point of running more/passing less and that's what you need to do to win games in the NFL.

I really wish somehow CJ could not play, not show up and no talk. We all know this is impossible though so we'll just see how it goes.

Bengalsrocket
04-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Yah I think Holt is pretty talented. A lot of people don't see him as any more than added depth / special teams, but he's got a lot of potential and I think Carson can turn him into a stud number 3 at least.

I'm really anxious to see how Marvin handles the roster this year. Up until now I feel that Marvin has changed this team around and he's a good coach - but this year he needs to prove he's got the strategy to win the AFC north. Its a tough division with a tough schedule and I wouldn't want to be him right now, but unfortunately its the situation he's in and he's got to handle it (or not handle it, and hopefully get fired if thats the case).

no love
04-18-2008, 02:54 AM
Yah I think Holt is pretty talented. A lot of people don't see him as any more than added depth / special teams, but he's got a lot of potential and I think Carson can turn him into a stud number 3 at least.

I'm really anxious to see how Marvin handles the roster this year. Up until now I feel that Marvin has changed this team around and he's a good coach - but this year he needs to prove he's got the strategy to win the AFC north. Its a tough division with a tough schedule and I wouldn't want to be him right now, but unfortunately its the situation he's in and he's got to handle it (or not handle it, and hopefully get fired if thats the case).

It's a good thing you guys have such a gifted qb and offensive coordinator because Marvin has really not done much for the Bengals.

He is a defensive coach and their defense has not made any significant improvements during his tenure. He has seen talented young players come and go and nothing to really show for it. Aside from a few players the cupboard is pretty bare.

DiG
04-18-2008, 09:10 AM
jason la confora (washington post writer/redskins insider) has reported that during the redskins head coaching interview process, discussions regarding chad johnson were a staple of the interviews with each head coach candidate. word has it that snyder and cerrato have a thing for ocho. also i believe that if the bengals wait till june to trade him the cap penalty gets cut from 8 mil down to 4. that makes the decision to move him before the draft even harder. i guess it depends on what they want.

LonghornsLegend
04-18-2008, 01:14 PM
One of the usual suspects will make an offer too good to pass up...Redskins are the likely choice to me too, sounds like a Snyder move...Old Al already made his move, I think Jerry thinks about it, but we would explore Boldin and Roy Williams first, and if those cant happen he might make the move...Id just hate it because we probably dont resign Hamlin.

themaninblack
04-18-2008, 01:17 PM
i hope someone can come up with a good deal with maybe a good defensive player and/or a draft pick. maybe wishful thinking but that would be nice.

no love
04-18-2008, 06:31 PM
i hope someone can come up with a good deal with maybe a good defensive player and/or a draft pick. maybe wishful thinking but that would be nice.

I don't think its too out of the question, but usually good defensive players come with their own salary cap number. The Bengals might take a pretty large cap hit for the year if their inherited an inflated contract AND still paying for Ocho. I would much rather take a draft pick if I were the Bengals and grow some home made talent at a cheaper price.

themaninblack
04-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I really hope a deal gets done regardless. I know the salary cap hit is gonna be a large sum of money regardless of when we do decide to do a deal but it would be best for the team in the long run.

senormysterioso
04-18-2008, 08:04 PM
The Patriots are probably going to get him for an autographed Belicheck hoodie and win every game for the next 3 years by a minimum of 40 points.

BengalsPwn
04-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Why must people really say TJ is better. Although I think I might burn my CJ jersey he is still far and away a better receiver than TJ. Without CJ this year I doubt TJ has more then 70 receptions. He just isn't a #1 receiver and any type of double team would completely negate him. It just saddens me when I think about a young CJ and how he would always say he would take the bengals to the top and be a part of the resurrection back to winning. He does make a point though, I mean it's not like the bengals didn't go to the playoffs, then next season blow it on the final 2 games of the year to miss the playoffs, then come back this season and suck worst then that. Marvin should be the one out not CJ.

Bengalsrocket
04-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Why must people really say TJ is better. Although I think I might burn my CJ jersey he is still far and away a better receiver than TJ. Without CJ this year I doubt TJ has more then 70 receptions. He just isn't a #1 receiver and any type of double team would completely negate him. It just saddens me when I think about a young CJ and how he would always say he would take the bengals to the top and be a part of the resurrection back to winning. He does make a point though, I mean it's not like the bengals didn't go to the playoffs, then next season blow it on the final 2 games of the year to miss the playoffs, then come back this season and suck worst then that. Marvin should be the one out not CJ.

I agree CJ > TJ. However, TJ would not be a terrible number 1. Hines Ward plays similarly to TJ, they just balanced the team by adding S. Holmes as a deep threat.

People need to realize great speed isn't what makes a number 1.

BengalsPwn
04-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Im sorry but Hines has infinite more YAC ability and big play potential then TJ. TJ can catch the occasional bomb when hes on a #2 or 3 CB but there no way he can go deep on ANY #1 CB in the league. Chris Henry would of been a great CJ replacement as he was our best big play WR but he isn't even on the team anymore. Without CJ our WR corps would be terrible and it sucks because there isn't even a WR worth taking in the top 20 this year to replace this huge hole. Desean would be an ideal replacement but I highly doubt we can land him in the 2nd.

Bengalsrocket
04-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Im sorry but Hines has infinite more YAC ability and big play potential then TJ. TJ can catch the occasional bomb when hes on a #2 or 3 CB but there no way he can go deep on ANY #1 CB in the league. Chris Henry would of been a great CJ replacement as he was our best big play WR but he isn't even on the team anymore. Without CJ our WR corps would be terrible and it sucks because there isn't even a WR worth taking in the top 20 this year to replace this huge hole. Desean would be an ideal replacement but I highly doubt we can land him in the 2nd.

Not going to try and start an argument, but TJ can make big plays (he proved that this year) and you have no idea how he will handle #1 CBs until he goes up against them more consistently.

Like I said earlier, I too think Chad is the better receiver. But you're acting like TJ is not valuable at all. He's in the top 5 #2's of this league (I'm thinking maybe Wes Welker / Santonio Holmes / Anquan Boldin / Reggie Wayne are all either equal or better, and thats not in a particular order btw).

buckeyes4ever
04-21-2008, 10:35 AM
what would oakland give the Bengals?

A fourth round pick?

DeathbyStat
04-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Just Trade this man...he won't be productive if he stays and he wil be a hassle.

You haven't won anything with him.

What am I saying....keep him....I'm as steeler fan so what why would I want the Bengals to do anything smart or productive.

But i wasn't taking into effect the cap hit so I guess your better off keeping him

buckeyes4ever
04-21-2008, 10:48 AM
You cant say that he wont be productive. One thing i give him props for is that even when hes unhappy he gives his all

FuzzyGopher
04-22-2008, 09:33 AM
On ESPN radio Chris Mortensen reported that the Redskins offered their 1st this year and 1st next year and the Bengals turned it down. He also reported the Cowboys and Eagles made offers as well.

LonghornsLegend
04-22-2008, 09:35 AM
On ESPN radio Chris Mortensen reported that the Redskins offered their 1st this year and 1st next year and the Bengals turned it down. He also reported the Cowboys and Eagles made offers as well.

Wow 2 1st?? I hope we didnt offer that much, that's a pretty damn good offer.

CT Bronco Fan
04-22-2008, 09:51 AM
It was this years first round pick, and next years third round pick. The next years pick could elevate to a first round pick if he met certain performance levels.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

unbelievable they would turn that down

Brothgar
04-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah but the massive cap hit they'd have to take to deal Chad is hard to swallow. That said it would be an awesome deal.

Geo
04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah but the massive cap hit they'd have to take to deal Chad is hard to swallow. That said it would be an awesome deal.
The best avenue is the Bengals and Johnson/Rosenhaus and agreeing to a restructuring of the contract, so that the Bengals can trade him, and then that restructuring won't matter anyways as Johnson/Rosenhaus will sign a new, big deal with the Redskins. If Chad wants out, give up the guaranteed money from Cincy and cash in in Washington. Get it done.

It was this years first round pick, and next years third round pick. The next years pick could elevate to a first round pick if he met certain performance levels.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

unbelievable they would turn that down
Seriously, I would take that deal.

FloridaFootball
04-22-2008, 10:49 AM
That was a close one, why can't the redskins just hold a draft pick?

DI
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I find it hard to believe that with everything that has been going on with Chad and the Bengals and a team would come and offer this years 1st along with a 3rd next year that could turn into a 1st if incentives are hit that, though the cap hit, the Bengals wouldn't pull the trigger. Take the hit. Make the trade. You're team will be better off from it.

DiG
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
id do it. whatever it takes to get chad.